Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would not say it is that hard, just have an expansion that is all about taking back what was lost, give each race a capital and focus the story on how the different races are coping within their respective factions.

They kinda had this in Cata, so the template is there.... Its more about if they actually want to do that. Different cultures means having to do more work.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

They need to do a whole expansion where humans are entirely absent. They've done the same for most other races, and a good detox would be good. Lets the Alliance reps be something other than some generic human in blue gold armor.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    They need to do a whole expansion where humans are entirely absent. They've done the same for most other races, and a good detox would be good. Lets the Alliance reps be something other than some generic human in blue gold armor.
    Are you counting Khadgar alone as being some huge human influence? Because WoD and Legion pretty much lacked humans outside of the group that shows up with the adventurer to help deal with the threat. MoP also had very few.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    No, for two reasons. Firstly because many of the writing staff have no theory of mind and are afraid that if they depict any perspective outside their own even for the purposes of fantasy writing based solely on conflict they're bad people. Hence all races must be the same in all regards except the cosmetic. Secondly because even when they're able to do it and go through with it, they will be cannibalized by the beast they fed like with Exploring Kalimdor's asides on Memeboi's literacy and his dislike of goblins and their effect on the environment.
    I haven't the slightest bit of sympathy for them having to deal with Twitter rage. The phrase "get woke, go broke" exists for a reason, but they chose to pander to that crowd anyway. If they thought their old customers criticized, it'll be fun to see them deal with people whose entire raison d'etre is being outraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I haven't the slightest bit of sympathy for them having to deal with Twitter rage. The phrase "get woke, go broke" exists for a reason, but they chose to pander to that crowd anyway. If they thought their old customers criticized, it'll be fun to see them deal with people whose entire raison d'etre is being outraged.
    Same. They made this bed and now must lie in it. They've fostered a mentality antithetical to the genre and are now in a lose-lose scenario. If they follow the genre, the mob will eat them alive. If they follow the mob, they'll produce boring dross. They already had it kill Starcraft as a setting and managed to learn nothing.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Well, when you think about it, WoD gave us the ultimate confirmation that orcs are inherently evil.

WoD reveals that orcs DID NOT NEED Demon blood to become conquering genocidal maniacs.

Orcs are inherently evil. I am sure that there are some exceptions (Thrall was raised by a human btw, the most noble and pure orc in the franchise was raised by a human btw), but in the end we have seen what the vast majority of their race is capable of, without any meddling from the Legion.
    Wrong. What you are seeing in WoD is still directly because of the Legion. The Legion is still responsible for whispering in Gul'dan's ears. Responsible for showing him the way of the warlock. Still responsible for gathering the clans into a Horde. The only difference was at the last moment, Garrosh's intervention prevented that final push. IT's like saying it's not the cat's fault the plate fell off the table because the cat only pushed it and let it teetering on the edge.

They did, in Legion, in Val'sharah. And Horde players cried because Tyrande used mean words with them.

Yes, because having a bunch of over the top stereotypes as a core of race identity is a good way to write interesting worlds.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    For me, the best way to start doing this better would be for every class to receive "the druid treatment" where it makes sense. Give every class race specific flavor the way druids all have unique forms. Shamans do similar with their totems, have the culture reflected in each class/race combo, start with the easy ones.

It might be somewhat of a stretch to come up with race specific mage spells and animations for everyone, but I know there are plenty of Sunwalker Tauren out there who would love for their spells to look like they come from Anshe rather than the holy light. Likewise Night Elf priests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

We keep insisting on bandages on a dying patient.
    We've had threads "Reshaping the world," and "Bring back priest racial abilities," and "Humans should be one race."

I've always promoted rewriting the lore from the ground up. And culture was an immense part of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    The race selection would have been much simpler if there were races and sub races.
    Humans
    Stormwind
    Gilneas
    Kul Tiras

Dwarves
    Dark Iron
    Bronzebeard
    Wildhammer

Trolls
    Zandalari
    Darkspear
    Amani

Just to name a few that could work.
    This could also open up endless possibilities for new subraces such as new human kingdoms, additional trolls, orc clans etc.
    Races should have 2 common racial skills and 2 unique sub race racials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Some good ideas here. I had something similar in mind, but not as fleshed out. (My ideas weren't based upon use of the term "sub-races" but more upon cultural specifics)

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It's hard to see past the first few expansions anymore it kind of feels like every race became the same renaissance village as of late though.

Every defining attribute of the races like trolls being savage, draenai religious zealots, forsaken broken and evil and orcs blood thirsty has slowly been worked out of the game.

Is there anyway to get any of that back at this point?
    No...

Blizz decided that every bit of race identity has to be eradicated in favour of whoever the respective leader is. Every bit of exposure is only the faction leader. The race acts like the leader wants. Like i said in another thread they are basically hiveminds.
    One voice one face and many bodies.

Humans ARE Anduin.
    Nightelves ARE Tyrande
    Orcs ARE... well tbh idk who is faction leader the orcs right now.. Thrall?

The more interesting story would have been the undead but as usuall people cry like crazy if blizz tries something new so they don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    You'd need to de-humanize them. Remind us of how they just aren't the generally well-meaning human race (humans are known as the most friendly/sociable).

For instance, if the Horde council had to discuss sacking an Alliance town, instead of going: "No, that's wrong because killing is bad!"
    They should probably say
    Orcs: It would be one-sided slaughter between tribes, with the enemy consisting of women and children. We are warriors, not beasts. Let us know when there is plunder and warfare worthy of action.
    Tauren: Unless there has been aggression from their side, we should not escalate to full-scale warfare. Even if there were, we should send an emissary. They're nothing but weak babes, a real threat could be lurking behind them waiting for us to be distracted.
    Elves: I care not for the lives of humans, but you will not waste my time or men on worthless bouts of blood lust. What do we get out of this besides trophy heads for the trolls to shrink?
    etc, etc

They can still make what the player sees as the morally right choice, without using human morality as a compass. Also don't use "the Light" to poorly mask human morals being inserted into non-human races.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2022-06-27 at 07:17 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to see past the first few expansions anymore it kind of feels like every race became the same renaissance village as of late though.

Every defining attribute of the races like trolls being savage, draenai religious zealots, forsaken broken and evil and orcs blood thirsty has slowly been worked out of the game.

Well Blizzard would have to move the story for them back that way first and foremost. Since Dragonflight is a bit of a reset for the story, I think we might see that begin to happen in the expansion to follow.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Are you counting Khadgar alone as being some huge human influence? Because WoD and Legion pretty much lacked humans outside of the group that shows up with the adventurer to help deal with the threat. MoP also had very few.
    very wrong. WoD had a constant human pressense. Fucks sake the engineering building was run by a human.

When I say no human pressense, I dont just mean the big names. I mean PERIOD. No 90% of the soldiers being human. No random human NPCs.

NO.
    HUMANS.
    AT ALL.

which has happened for many races in wow expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

They did, in Legion, in Val'sharah. And Horde players cried because Tyrande used mean words with them.
    Legion was loaded with a constant human pressense. Fucks sake it took place in a human nation.

if they made it so racial capital cities had the portal rooms Org and Stormwind have it would do a lot to get people to at least hang out in those areas that have cultural significance to that race.

- - - Updated - - -

very wrong. WoD had a constant human pressense. Fucks sake the engineering building was run by a human.

When I say no human pressense, I dont just mean the big names. I mean PERIOD. No 90% of the soldiers being human. No random human NPCs.

NO.
    HUMANS.
    AT ALL.

which has happened for many races in wow expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion was loaded with a constant human pressense. Fucks sake it took place in a human nation.
    but that would disenfranchise 95% of the alliance player base who all play human Paladins. just joking, kind of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    In the grand plan, there is only Anduin.
    Blue Anduin, green Anduin, dead Anduin, cow Anduin...

All things different than Anduin shall be made Anduin.

And do not forget, writers are retards.
    nixxioms arthas video needs a part 2 lol

Strange, I don't remember the BROKEN ISLES being a Human nation.

Strange, I don't remember the BROKEN ISLES being a Human nation.
    Being purpusefully dense does you no favors.

No, it is unlikely that they will suddenly undo 15 years of story progression. There is WoWClassic for that, though.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Being purpusefully dense does you no favors.
    Pray tell, what "Human nation" were you referring to?