Poll: Do you think Delaryn and other Forsaken night elves will ever rejoin the Alliance?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    But Genn for all his temper is a human without a kingdom. Maiev and Fandral are not.
    That's only a pretext, Genn could have agreed to be accomodating while keeping some pride and having some relucdance into following Varian and Anduin's orders instead of having been turned into one of their fanboys.

And the writers did the same with Malfurion and Tyrande, turning them into incompetent and impatient leaders when they have shown their worth against the Burning Legion and the Highborne during the War of the Ancient and when Tyrande was willing to wait ten millenias before marrying Malfurion, yet in MOP she's depicted as unable to use the slightest amount of patience into taking a temple held by the Horde just to make Varian shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Yes Azshara was there queen, they never sided with her or stopped fighting her, and no staghelm didn't join the old god's in the same way the nightbourn joined the legion he was in a mind broken state and then delivered to Rag and came back corrupted. but even if he wasn't comatose before that point he wasn't followed by the night elf's at large like the nightbourn.
    Right, right. Tyrande totally fought against Azshara from day one. Oh, wait, except that's not what happened and she only joined the resistance after Ravencrest visited Suramar. And there's absolutely squat indicating that Ragnaros had to corrupt Staghelm. The case of Leyara clearly shows that Night Elves were perfectly capable of joining him on their own volition. And the whole reason he was mind broken was because of his son's death, which fell on Night Elven stupidity in general and his own failure as the Night Elven general in the War of the Shifting Sands in particular. Meanwhile the Nightborne were pressed against the wall when they joined the Legion. So the fact the circumstances weren't the same here only works against Staghelm.

the war of the Satyr wasn't caused by the night elf's the Satyr were left over from the WOA and got other left over demons to help, unless of course you just want to say every thing post Azhara i the night elf's fault which would be silly. yes they did start the shfiting sands though.
    It's almost as if the Satyr weren't natural-born demons and instead were former Night Elves.

other then those two though, The night elf's helped the high elf's fight the Amani and have been locking up various things from various threats in the vault of the wardens going back who knows how long.
    One Night Elf is known to have helped the High Elves against the Amani. So don't try to inflate this with the plural here. And the High Elves were helping protect the world from actually serious threats via Dalaran and the Guardian of Tirisfal.

and as per the new Sylvanas book the high elf's actively didn't help the human's Alleria arguing with her mother (the military leader) that they shouldn't leave there allies to dry and even when said military leader is killed the king of the high elfs covers it up to not get involved until the orc's attack the high elf's them self's again. So while the night elf's would still cross the ocean to help the high elf exiles the high elf's were actively covering up info of horde attacks to not do the same for the alliance.
    The Sylvanas book doesn't retcon the things they did do though. Which, while little, are still actions of an Alliance member. No one ever said the Thalassians weren't a reluctant member. Kinda comes with the territory of being dragged into a war with a 3000 years old IOU.

Yes I talk of hilariously dishonest representation's thank you for providing another example of it.

The nightbourne backed Azhara only betraying her and the legion when they feared there city would be destroyed, they then sealed them self's up because they knew there would be blow back for there betrayal and they never had any plans on fighting with the other night elf's as they only wanted to save there own skins.
    First of all, you linked the same thing twice and the page in question only talks about what happened AFTER the Night Elves of Suramar sealed the second portal. So good job. Secondly, if you want to talk about actual dishonest representation, look no further than the fact that you merrily ignored the entire paragraph about how Azshara only had the loyalty of the Highborne of Suramar at the start of the war, which the book explicitly said has changed as the war dragged on. And that they also thought the Legion did not have their interests in mind as Azshara told them, because, lo and behold, it destroyed significant part of Night Elven empire.

Sorry to break it to you, but your weak-ass attempt at cherry-picking in order to paint the people of Suramar as selfish Azshara-loving assholes won't fly with me, or anyone else that has the Chronicle. Because, imagine that, you're not the only one and as such you can be easily called out on your bluff. What makes it even more hilarious is that nothing you linked here actually changes anything of what I said. Did they save the world by sealing the second portal? Yes. Did anyone but Ashamane help them out? No. So you've disproved absolutely nothing of what you were arguing against and only exposed yourself as 1. the actual person engaging in dishonest representation here vide you ignoring anything from page 103 of Chronicle v1 that ran to the contrary of your argument and 2. as a blatant hypocrite given the context of point #1.

Congrats, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Don't expect a reply now that you provided sources. Further, don't expect it to be remembered the next time the Nightborne are discussed.
    Hit and miss as per usual. One day, Feanoro. One day...
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2022-06-29 at 09:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Right, right. Tyrande totally fought against Azshara from day one.
    Did I say "fought from day one" or did I say they never sided with her or stopped fighting her?

there's absolutely squat indicating that Ragnaros had to corrupt Staghelm. The case of Leyara clearly shows that Night Elves were perfectly capable of joining him on their own volition.
    Sure its possible for night elves' to join willingly but I don't think coma's just go away because a big fire man says "fire is cool lets burn stuff" and those who do join willingly we have like 2 named elfs other then staghelm unlike the majority of Suamar.

It's almost as if the Satyr weren't natural-born demons and instead were former Night Elves.
    so you do thing any thing an elf ever did was the night elf's fault then? because Satyr's didn't break off from the post sundering night elf's they were already a thing under Azshara during the WotA.

One Night Elf is known to have helped the High Elves against the Amani. So don't try to inflate this with the plural here.
    You think the general of the night elf's daughter and right hand of there leader went alone?

The Sylvanas book doesn't retcon the things they did do though.
    Never said it did all I pointed out is for all of Liadrin's bull about the high/blood elf's roll in the world they have gone out of there way to try and not get involved with it's problems even if they do end up getting dragged in.

First of all, you linked the same thing twice and the page in question only talks about what happened AFTER the Night Elves of Suramar sealed the second portal. So good job.
    ah so I did heres' the correct page.

the actual person engaging in dishonest representation here vide you ignoring anything from page 103 of Chronicle v1 that ran to the contrary of your argument and 2. as a blatant hypocrite given the context of point #1.
    I'm not ignoring any thing from the page 103 I even made reference to it and put in a link but linked 104 twice by accident, Unfortunately mistakes can happen when actually trying to post accurate information and back it up with links, but do go on about how the "high and mighty Tyrande" didn't help those who sided with Azshara and then turned traitor once they noticed they were actually at risk.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-29 at 10:27 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Maybe they should but I doubt it. The Slyvannas villain arc burns through alot of Forsaken characters. Plus the Forsaken need a new direction and purpose now Slyvannas is in timeout. Using the newly arisen Allaince "Forsaken" as a way to address both of this. They can became Forsaken characters and they can act a a new moral centre for the undead.

Also helps with the future Horde Alliance friendship storylines.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-06-29 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Maybe they should but I doubt it. The Slyvannas villain arc burns through alot of Forsaken characters. Plus the Forsaken need a new direction and purpose now Slyvannas is in timeout. Using the newly arisen Allaince "Forsaken" as a way to address both of this. They can became Forsaken characters and they can act a a new moral centre for the undead.

Also helps with the future Horde Alliance friendship storylines.
    Having undead from your faction in an enemy faction hellbent on genocide or at least oppression and conquest of your faction does not help the friendship.

In fact it would help the friendship more if they left and joined a neutral organisation, any of them really.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I think she will rejoin the Horde (she did) and will stay there (stay there).

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    No I think she will rejoin the Horde (she did) and will stay there (stay there).
    What is the point of that plot though? What value it adds to the story? How it furthers the overarching narrative?

It does none of that, thats how.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Pretty sure Delaryn is Alliance again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Pretty sure Delaryn is Alliance again.
    No, she stays in Loraderon with Forsaken and if you ask her why she says that... she feels guilty over her actions during Darkshore and now cant go back to Alliance...

What is DUMB about it is that she stays in a faction that will eventually lead her to MORE actions that bring her such shame. What the fuck is even her logic?

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    What is DUMB about it is that she stays in a faction that will eventually lead her to MORE actions that bring her such shame. What the fuck is even her logic?
    I'm pretty sure that, with how Blizzard is bending over backwards for the Night Elves, Delaryn being on Horde is essentially evidence that they will NOT have Horde do any more shameful actions.

As for why she's there: it adds flavor to the Forsaken by giving them a weird sub-subfaction that could be used for interesting stories in the future. What if Delaryn is the Horde point of contact for future quests in Ashenvale? How will Nelves react to her presence there? Things like that.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-06-30 at 05:50 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    No, she stays in Loraderon with Forsaken and if you ask her why she says that... she feels guilty over her actions during Darkshore and now cant go back to Alliance...

That's not what I read from her quotes at all. Plus she's the only named darkfallen nelf that would make sense to lead that sect of night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Hit and miss as per usual. One day, Feanoro. One day...
    One day you'll stop lying, twisting words, goalpost and frame shifting, cherry picking, pushing YOUR version of events as canon, and dismissing published canon you don't like? One day you'll be interested in discussing lore rather than trying to win arguments on the internet? One day you'll actually engage other posters with civility instead of mocking, berating, insulting, and sneering at them?

Excuse me while I don't hold my breath.

The same logic that has newly risen undead immediately side with their murderers, but definitely no mind control is involved. No sirree.

I feel sorry for the people who think that Calia and Delaryn and so on prove the Horde won't go merrily massacring again. They might not for a while, but only until the writers have turned it into something the Twitter mob will support, like "Alliance privilege". Hell, we've already seen some of the more... interesting... Horde posters here use that very phrase.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2022-06-30 at 06:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

That's not what I read from her quotes at all. Plus she's the only named darkfallen nelf that would make sense to lead that sect of night elves.
    The only problem is that they DON'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL

Having undead from your faction in an enemy faction hellbent on genocide or at least oppression and conquest of your faction does not help the friendship.

In fact it would help the friendship more if they left and joined a neutral organisation, any of them really.
    So just entirely missing the point of the post?

Because yes because the Forsaken are hellbent on genocide they need a new direction. Non-genocidal undead formerly of the opposing faction is a way to do that. A start to "redeem" the undead.

Also no you're just wrong having a jaina's brother in the horde is a away to futher connect the factions over a neutral faction.... Futher connections between the Horde and Allaince allow for more cooperation.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-06-30 at 07:08 PM.

If anything, perhaps they should just join the Knights of the Ebon Blade, they have familiarity with undeath now, and the death knights might need additional backup with Bolvar inactive to counter the Scourge.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I'm pretty sure that, with how Blizzard is bending over backwards for the Night Elves, Delaryn being on Horde is essentially evidence that they will NOT have Horde do any more shameful actions.

As for why she's there: it adds flavor to the Forsaken by giving them a weird sub-subfaction that could be used for interesting stories in the future. What if Delaryn is the Horde point of contact for future quests in Ashenvale? How will Nelves react to her presence there? Things like that.
    If she so much shows in Ashenvale bearing Horde colors there will be no justifications not to just kill her. Attacking Ashenvale after whole BfA debacle is already fucked up on Horde's side.

- - - Updated - - -

She stays in Lordaeron , do the quest if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    The only problem is that they DON'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL
    What else is new by that point ? Nearly all of BFA and Shadowlands plots were nonsense anyway.

If she so much shows in Ashenvale bearing Horde colors there will be no justifications not to just kill her. Attacking Ashenvale after whole BfA debacle is already fucked up on Horde's side.

- - - Updated - - -

She stays in Lordaeron , do the quest if you want.
    Perhaps Delaryn also has a fractured soul of some kind?
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Perhaps Delaryn also has a fractured soul of some kind?
    No, not really. She just feels bad about Darkshore and so… will stay in the faction that will inevitably make her repeat those crimes again one day.

Blizzard doesn't do undead in the alliance.
    Because despite that we have seen, that the alliance WOULD be willing to reconnect with relatives it will never be talked about again.

Also for some reason people who got ressurected into undeath get a 100% personality change... even if it has only been like 5 minutes unless you are resurrected into undeath by a Naaru....
    You HAVE to be emo and only wear black/purple/brown if you are undead. Also you suddenly like to work with the people who literally killed you and nearly all of your people...