Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Jesus Christ you're retarded.

The only reason MMOs exist is because of raiding/grouping. The social aspect of MMOs came from grouping/raiding etc. Not playing solo. Everything you've said, and every reply you've given is objectively false. Sorry, report me if you want, but you're just a fucking idiot.

And GDKP is the best form of loot outside of an unbiased loot council. But if GDKP is handled properly, it puts the responsibility of BIS on the player, not the guild. In the end, making them responsible for how well geared they are. It's a great system, which is why it's used in so many different games/MMOs.
    And yet most people who play MMOs do not participate in any form of organized raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kironto View Post
    When your progress depends on other 24 people doing hard mechanics on point and having all at least 4 hours of uninterrupted game time and your other option is just to buy gold and get your items you will obviously chose to buy the gold.

People only do raids because they are forced to do them because the drops, remove the drops and see how fast Raiding dies, it is litterally bad game design, if you want to have this content it should be so easy that any pug can beat it, oherwise GDKP will still exist.
    No, GDKP exists because people are greedy and abuse the chance of an easily formed group by scheduling people who have heavy coin purses. GDKP can only be solved by making items untradeable but then people freak out anyways as we've seen when they did so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Jesus Christ you're retarded.

The only reason MMOs exist is because of raiding/grouping. The social aspect of MMOs came from grouping/raiding etc. Not playing solo. Everything you've said, and every reply you've given is objectively false. Sorry, report me if you want, but you're just a fucking idiot.

And GDKP is the best form of loot outside of an unbiased loot council. But if GDKP is handled properly, it puts the responsibility of BIS on the player, not the guild. In the end, making them responsible for how well geared they are. It's a great system, which is why it's used in so many different games/MMOs.
    Pardon me, what?

First of all, raiding and grouping can't always be bundled in the same category. MMOs don't exist because of raiding though, but because of wanting to share world-building and stories with others, and giving them a chance to explore and work together, raiding is just another feature - sadly for WoW, a feature that has been pampered for a lot and should be lowered a notch or two.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

People only do raids because they are forced to do them because the drops
    You got it all wrong, champ. Has it never occured to you that people raid to have fun with friends?

Not true. It wholly depends on when you go into it as well. If you're doing "cutting edge" GDKP, you're expected to be geared, know/follow tactics, do actual work, use full consumes etc. Failing to comply or being shit results in deductions or whole removal from the cut.

Sunwell for insance has some boosting, but it's quite small and it's usually 1-2 buyers max. But this is prepurchased for a massive amount of gold and done by guilds. Just like it has been done on retail. You're...not making sense. It just seems like you're salty about not having gold and want to have good gear for 15 minutes of playtime a day.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

this is some nice BS I've read the last month

GDKP exists because the game is centered around getting the best gear, as well as practically foisting large amounts of gold on you with nothing to spend it on.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

OP you're so right but mostly because raiding is designed to be extremely unrewarding unless you luck out, which is an overall dogshit experience in PuGs. GDKPs work like bad luck protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    You got it all wrong, champ. Has it never occured to you that people raid to have fun with friends?
    Sure people do that. But do most players do that? highly doubt it. If you removed the gear rewards in raids, way less people would bother with raiding. Even if it was with friends. Most people partake in raiding because thats where the best rewards are. If you are lucky enough to be raiding with friends and/or players you get along with, thats a huge and great bonus. Often times though, thats not the case. Other players are a needs to an end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    And yet most people who play MMOs do not participate in any form of organized raiding.
    If they want to progress the character and are playing BC, they gotta raid. Thats why we have m+ in retail now. Another avenue for gearing.

Funny thing is, most classic & BC raids aint that hard. Yet, it seems like GDKP is the way to go. Even though most raids are fairly easy and doesnt require a whole lot.

The funniest thing is that this obviously blatant troll post managed to spawn 48 49 comments.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The funniest thing is that this obviously blatant troll post managed to spawn 48 49 comments.
    And even the defenders are wrong, its insane how clueless people are on this forum about everything, but they keep spamming wrong information based on their experience.

GDKP magically bothers people now, something has existed for close to 20 years, before WoW, magical!

GDKP appeared in WoW cause Vanilla and up to a few expansions it was raid or log off, Classic WoW and TBC even proved this to you people but you still didnt accept it, your experience is irrelevant, the game is raid or dont play, deal with it.

Why would the Naxx progresser even go in ZG/MC? But the game was raid or dont play, he wanted to play, there was no raid, he was given the choice to do something he likes with a reward, so he did it.

Thats why GDKP existed and exists in the shit versions of WoW for 2022.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are wrong, clearly one of the new gamer generations...

Raid design in BC is simply good. 24 people are not hard to gather and organize, it never was. Raids lasting 4 hours is pretty fine, and you probably raid twice a week anyway... is not like we are raiding 4 nights a week 5 hours like back then.

Paying gold for a GDKP simply shows how little you actually care about the game. You simply want instant gratification with no effort. You do not care about being in a guild at all and you don´t know how good it feels to progress together with your group.

I pity your kind, you will never know what the true World of Warcraft experiecne was like. And you are convinced that doing a GDKP run is better than commiting to a guild.
    Well, I have some news for you, you need to commit to groups and rely on other in real life too, even if you run your own business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    OP you're so right but mostly because raiding is designed to be extremely unrewarding unless you luck out, which is an overall dogshit experience in PuGs. GDKPs work like bad luck protection.
    You are wrong. Anyone raiding for a few months will end up on BIS equipment. You gather your DKP and play with it strategically. None has ever been so unlucky to not have at least 80%(of course some items are genuinely dodgy at times...) of their BIS items through a normal raid tier... Unless your attendance is 50%, then of course you will need lots of luck and runs..

Raids in BC were at their peak.

Problem is, you people expect to log in, play for 2 hours and get full BIS on your characters.

When your progress depends on other 24 people doing hard mechanics on point and having all at least 4 hours of uninterrupted game time and your other option is just to buy gold and get your items you will obviously chose to buy the gold.

People only do raids because they are forced to do them because the drops, remove the drops and see how fast Raiding dies, it is litterally bad game design, if you want to have this content it should be so easy that any pug can beat it, oherwise GDKP will still exist.
    Thats the most drunken comment I have seen on this forum so far I think, and I have seen a lot of them.

If you want LFR easy modes, no problem, Retail is here for you

Never done GDKP's, but in principle this system sounds really fun to be honest.

You essentially buy gear like from an auction, but at the same time everyone also earns gold for participating, making this whole thing rewarding even if you don't get any loot.

The only issue I see here is that a lot of the gold involved has been bought (apparently), but this is an entirely different issue and not the fault of this system.

That being said, my only issue with TBC raiding in particular and why I quit in late P2 (I was a guild master with my own full raid) are the class requirements (one shaman per group) or needing to have a full roster or otherwise progression slows down etc. I prefer Wrath raiding for this very reason, it's important to have different classes, but not several of them.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-07-05 at 09:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gdkp exists because humans as a race are greedy and everything has to somehow give value and benefit yourself without thinking of others

GDKPs exist because they are the most consesual way for:

A - Get a char geared the path of least resistance
    B - Farm some gold while PVEing

If they were that bad ppl wouldnt participate in them the way they do, in my server there's always, at any time of the day or night, a GDKP happening for any given raid. You can say what you want, but this, for someone who actually wants to play the game with the least restrictions possible, is a positive.

GDKP isn't a problem in itself. Blizz is just dog shite at dealing with illegal gold activities. Gaining player power for clearing content is how RPG's work. There are plenty of idle phone games you might find more your speed.

If playing with 24 other people is a problem... this game is not for you.

People only do raids because they are forced to do them because the drops
    BS
    I raid to have fun not for purple pixels on my screen.

remove the drops and see how fast Raiding dies, it is litterally bad game design, if you want to have this content it should be so easy that any pug can beat it, oherwise GDKP will still exist.
    Getting better items is meant to make you stronger and make future content easier with time.

Raiding is killing MMO's, is the most unfun crap ever created in terms of pve ever.
    Yes... this game is REALLY not for you.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-07-05 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    GDKP isn't a problem in itself. Blizz is just dog shite at dealing with illegal gold activities. Gaining player power for clearing content is how RPG's work. There are plenty of idle phone games you might find more your speed.
    It's true they do a poor job at dealing with illegal gold activities but let's not also pretend that making gold is hard in classic. Also GDKPs are a circle, if you have a geared char you get gold por participating, if you participate a lot you get a lot of gold, and when it's your time to actually gear a char you already have a healthy amount of gold, it's actually a pretty decent way to gain gold and gear up chars.

Oooooor some people choose to play this genre because they want to communicate with people to overcome challenges that require communication instead of traversing a world entirely single player pretending that players are NPCs with dumb names. Just a thought. Also there are plenty of MMOs that are not so reliant on raiding that you could go play. Thankfully for your the year is 2022 and choice exists.

GDKP is for ppl that forgot they are playing a MMO.
    MMO are made for grouping, forming a guild and social interacting.