Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    I think it's closer to just shifting to maximum maintainability. Previously they just spend a certain amount of their budget on gimmik systems no one wanted, maybe (playing devil's advocate here) they will use that budget to improve in areas where it matters, like the overall content. Obviously though they could also just wire transfer that budget straight to bobbies goleden diamond-encrusted parachute. Meanwhile they streamlined their class progression system to the point that it will probably not need changes for the next 6 years. The game could go either way from here, either they splurge on content or they just transfer to official maintenance mode. Either option is in the cards depending on the outcome after the first couple of months of the expansion.
    They spent a lot of time and effort on predatory systems, very likely, because their bosses demanded they meet specific retention/play time goals. From my understanding, there's a lot of evidence that the more time players spend on a game, the more likely they're going to spend more money on it.

Really, obstensibly all the major problems with Blizzard stem from corrupt/bad upper management, not the devs.

The company is too corrupt and morally bankrupt to get to this game to a point where it will ever take off again. And "more content" from these clowns just means more mount colors and a handful of mindless new quests with little to no substance.

There's a shot Microsoft could fix a lot of the issues, but that is a while off and probably not likely.

My guess is WoW is dead as far the mainstream goes. Like actually dead. Other than the month a new expansion comes out, people with emotional and addiction issues will almost entirely be the only ones playing WoW going forward. In fact, that already seems to have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    And for anyone to say that I'm just complaining and I don't propose any solution to this dissatisfaction.. here's a small wish list that I've seen thousands of people asking but it seems that Blizzard will never fulfill it:
    Nope, you are asking for it, not thousands.

- A third, and well-deserved, spec for the Demon Hunter (Ranged).
    Best Example: Nobody that i know of asked for this. And well deserved: absolutely NOT, DH is already OP enough, and it does not make sense at all it having a ranged spec. Even Melee-Hunter makes more sense.

- The Tinker class.
    Yes, something really a lot of people want, but even more people DON'T want. In an dragon themed expansion Tinker makes as much sense as a tinker, also we already have an Profession for it. They should rather fix the profession than making a class out of it.

- The class (or new spec for the Hunter) Dark Ranger.
    Jep, but Necromancer, a class that more people want than Evoker, Dark Ranger and Tinker together should not be implemented because some people are arguing that they could simply be a Warlock Skin. Now you have a Hunter Skin for it, Dark Ranger and Hunter are more similar than Necromancer and Warlocks. So i doubt we will see it ever, except for a Class skin. Althrough i would rather have them as real classes.

- Make the Order Class Hall useful again with unique quests for your class and unique rewards for your class like new xmogs, new unique class mounts and new skills.
    This was an expansion-feature, nothing more. This would hinder having future classes, since a class hall would be build too. But you are right about having more class quests; this could happen there or also somehwere else; having a class quest that starts for example for priests in Stormwind Cathedral makes as much sense; that said yes, they could simply use the existing class halls, but don't use the existing mechanics, since then every new class would need the same too. But i think there is a general agreement that class quests are always a good thing.

- Fully unlink PVP activities from PVE. (SL's renown for pure PVP players was a disaster).
    Sorry, but no. PvP-Players have it already too easy to get gear that is useful in PvE too. This said, i think that Dragonflight have this actually fixed, since you get max level gear in PvP, while you get only a minimum level in PvE, and you can actually upgrade the PvE-Aspect of it. This makes PvP fair and not unfair against PvE-Players.

- Being able to fly like it was in TBC. (Without having to sell your soul to anyone).
    You get flying even earlier; it's called dragonflight, and you get it through leveling. And sorry, back in TBC getting flying was expensive enough, getting epic flying even more and often unreachable until dailys came out. There was by far not as much gold in the system than in Classic WoW/TBC.

And yes, i am exited of this expansion, but i definitively will not pre-order it; wow is the game where you can easily pre-order it 1 week before the pre-patch to get the benefits, and that's it. If it is any good, we will know most of it a week before the pre-patch too and still get all rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's right that many of those activities lacked substance, but they still existed. In Dragonflight you're back to to world quest and that's about it if you don't raid or do Mythic+. That's not good enough when we compare the (side) activities to Legion, BfA or Shadowlands.

Mentality of players has changed and the "less is more" approach of earlier expansions isn't fitting the zeitgeist of recent WoW expansions. Having bad content is better than having no content. That's why Islands, Warfronts and Torghast, even while universally disliked, were better to have than nothing. And that might become a big problem for Dragonflight.
    true, allthought we dont know too much about dragonflight just yet, atleast not until we can get our hands on the beta so hopefully blizzard introduces side stuff for us to do.

1+ Year Old Account
    It's right that many of those activities lacked substance, but they still existed. In Dragonflight you're back to to world quest and that's about it if you don't raid or do Mythic+. That's not good enough when we compare the (side) activities to Legion, BfA or Shadowlands.

Mentality of players has changed and the "less is more" approach of earlier expansions isn't fitting the zeitgeist of recent WoW expansions. Having bad content is better than having no content. That's why Islands, Warfronts and Torghast, even while universally disliked, were better to have than nothing. And that might become a big problem for Dragonflight.
    I highly doubt we will go back to world quests as the ONLY outdoor content in Dragon Isles. Seriously, we’ve been going back and forth for weeks now. I’ve said countless times that they have an entire team working on outdoor content.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I highly doubt we will go back to world quests as the ONLY outdoor content in Dragon Isles. Seriously, we’ve been going back and forth for weeks now. I’ve said countless times that they have an entire team working on outdoor content.
    I mean you've said that countless times, but we still don't know more than that. You're projecting and interpreting what could be, I'm talking about the status quo (that will likely change the moment the alpha goes up).

So at this moment it's world quests and just that. If there's more to come from their "entire team" working on it, we will see, but right now that's the only thing we know for sure for open world content. I guess they'll have some kind of events, too though. Besides that? They won't reinvent the wheel.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-07-12 at 10:17 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

1+ Year Old Account
    I mean you've said that countless times, but we still don't know more than that. You're projecting and interpreting what could be, I'm talking about the status quo (that will likely change the moment the alpha goes up).

So at this moment it's world quests and just that. If there's more to come from their "entire team" working on it, we will see, but right now that's the only thing we know for sure for open world content. I guess they'll have some kind of events, too though. Besides that? They won't reinvent the wheel.
    I like you. You speak your mind, and you’re always very literal. I feel like we often have the same feelings (difference being that I’m looking ahead while you’re grounded in reality or what is actually current).

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    true, allthought we dont know too much about dragonflight just yet, atleast not until we can get our hands on the beta so hopefully blizzard introduces side stuff for us to do.
    I'm going to assume they will add them later in the expansion

In SL and BfA a big problem was if you came in late you started behind with little in the way of catch up. SL and torghast were terrible for this and I'm personally happy that we won't be getting a half-baked system like it again.

If they launch it in a patch it means we won't have to wait 14 months for it to be a complete gameplay loop.

I like you. You speak your mind, and you’re always very literal. I feel like we often have the same feelings (difference being that I’m looking ahead while you’re grounded in reality or what is actually current).
    I think we're all excited what they have to show and the cat will be out of the bag... quite soon.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

1+ Year Old Account
    I think we're all excited what they have to show and the cat will be out of the bag... quite soon.
    After Shadowlands, it’s quite hard for me to NOT be excited for just about anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    We get dragons.

Thats it. That was the selling point for me. The rest can be what ever
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

After Shadowlands, it’s quite hard for me to NOT be excited for just about anything.
    SL had the opposite effect on me. SL demonstrated how far below the promise an expansion could fall. It's difficult now for me to work up any enthusiasm about the prospects of anything they do.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Legion, BfA and Shadowlands spoiled the players with stuff to do, new activities etc. - all of which Dragonflight is lacking
    and all the time people COMPLAINED ABOUT THEM, so ofc they didnt add them... and now people complain they are missing...
    there is no wining for blizz, simple as that

Dragons

Thats it.

Never saw such big decline in hype or interest.

1+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, ok...

Almost everyone will buy dragonflight, i'm sure. that launch experience is unparalleled. it's really after the first month that you find out the longevity of interest. but that first month of newness is worth the box price and a month of sub.

Yeah, ok...
    Your excitement seems very suspicious to be honest.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Almost everyone will buy dragonflight, i'm sure. that launch experience is unparalleled. it's really after the first month that you find out the longevity of interest. but that first month of newness is worth the box price and a month of sub.
    Preach! I say this to everyone. Buy the box, sub for a month. Hate it? Quit. No matter what they release it’s always, minimum, worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Yeah probably true. But i think Dragonflight will mark a big decline trend.

Game is old, so no blame.

That’s natural.

But dont gonna support disrespect of content drought anymore.

Will probably for the first time be more unsubbed than subbed.

That's why Islands, Warfronts and Torghast, even while universally disliked, were better to have than nothing.
    You still got insta queues till the end of the expansion, i'm not so sure if they were "universally disliked" or rather disliked by the (very vocal) raidlogger people.

So here’s my analysis of Dragonriding:

-IF it allows me to traverse the Dragon Isles faster and with more convenience than a typical 310% flying mount than it’s worth it.

-IF it is barely faster than 310% speed and becomes more of a hassle and no different than what “could” be achievable from a regular flying mount, that blows.

Furthermore, I rather have Dragonriding (regardless) if it means some form of “flying” versus having to do a Pathfinder/wait 6+ months to fly.

At the end of the day, Blizzard did not communicate/show enough gameplay footage to completely sell the “feature” to us, the gamers. So, have to wait for Alpha/Beta or a blog post (similarly to the profession one) to see.
    Thats not content, thats just a means of transportation.
    How much time do you think will you spend on Dragonriding every day (that is not just using it to go to the place you actually want to go)?

Yes it's a nice feature to have a more realistic flying system but thats not something that will keep people logging in (or buying the expansion), that's not something that offers gameplay. That's something that should appear down the list of additional features of the expansion and not be one of its main selling points.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    You still got insta queues till the end of the expansion, i'm not so sure if they were "universally disliked" or rather disliked by the (very vocal) raidlogger people.

Thats not content, thats just a means of transportation.
    How much time do you think will you spend on Dragonriding every day (that is not just using it to go to the place you actually want to go)?

Yes it's a nice feature to have a more realistic flying system but thats not something that will keep people logging in (or buying the expansion), that's not something that offers gameplay. That's something that should appear down the list of additional features of the expansion and not be one of its main selling points.
    That’s your opinion. Also, Dragonriding can be “content” depending on how they implement/design it. At the end of the day, I’m an Officer in a Classic WoW guild. I pay my sub for Classic. $50 for even a single month of content is worth it (to me) then come back for each patch/whenever since my sub is paying for Classic already so it doesn’t matter. People spend $50+ per game on console/PC so what’s the difference. You don’t like Dragonflight, then don’t buy it.