Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given that they're constrained to being Evokers, and seemingly built along those lines, it would stand to reason that Neltharion envisioned them more as elite caster-type units and not soldiers in the martial sense. I agree, Drakonid make for better warriors, but the Dracthyr aren't meant to be wading into melee combat with two-hand glaives.
    Perfect soldier should be able to do both things. Dragons are known for their physicality. It's weird to remove it from equation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    They aren't Drakonid. Drakonid aren't playable at the moment but that's what the "dragon using a big weapon" race is.

Cross your fingers and pray that Drakonid are added as an AR.
    I know and I hope they will become AR one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse12 View Post
    So it seems with the new article posted today, Dracthyr can actually look much more buff, this seems like a decent change to me it actually looks like a decent sized model now.

Mod Edit: Added article link.
    Good stuff, though admittedly even their buffest version looks like my speedskater physique, which is not overly developed on the top.

Which is weird, 'cause those wings should attach to some enormous back, chest and shoulder muscles.

Still, it looks at least passable now, though as stated i don't get the focus on the legs rather than the chest in the case of a flying creature.
    You want big buff legs on things that may have once been able to fly? Check out emus or ostriches.

Maybe go for variations in that field as well, not into weird impractical runners-with-wings vibe they're trying to pass off as being about gender.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Perfect soldier should be able to do both things. Dragons are known for their physicality. It's weird to remove it from equation.
    Really? Most dragons I encountered in WoW flew over your head and blasted you with fire until you died. Their physicality amounted to them being so freaking huge that they could just land on you and smash you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Perhaps you and Neltharion have a different idea of what embodies the "perfect soldier." He did also apparently shelf the project, so perhaps the Dracthyr didn't ultimately live up to his design goals.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If you look at the huge, buff ARs we got in BFA, they're among the lowest picked ARs. Another huge buff race would be a massive flop.

Dracthyr on the other hand, stand to potentially be one of the most popular races in WoW.
    Yes the only reason fucking Kul Tiran was unpopular was because they were too buff. This is almost as left field as your countless Tinker rants that you guaranteed would be in Shadowlands.

My preference is always for maximum customization on general principle, really - and if they added even bulkier body types I'm all for it. But I do understand why they've probably focused on slighter builds since the Dracthyr don't have a melee focus (or in this case, melee capability at all). Same reasons you don't load down a bird with extremely durable bones and dense muscle because then it would lose its proficiency for prolonged flight.
    Problem is that these are playable characters, not tools for story. For that reason, they should cater more to what people want than what makes sense storywise.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Source: just trust me dude.
    nah the dude got a point, recent preview when posted on reddit got lots of upvotes and the comments praising it are highly upvoted too. The deviantart frequenters who want them to be different are with 10 upvotes at most, downvotes at worst.

Even in this thread majority is praising the options we got, only one or two want them to be more bara.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Most dragons I encountered in WoW flew over your head and blasted you with fire until you died. Their physicality amounted to them being so freaking huge that they could just land on you and smash you.
    They also straight out looked like geckos.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    nah the dude got a point, recent preview when posted on reddit got lots of upvotes and the comments praising it are highly upvoted too. The deviantart frequenters who want them to be different are with 10 upvotes at most, downvotes at worst.

Even in this thread majority is praising the options we got, only one or two want them to be more bara.
    Source: just trust me dude.

This forum is a terrible gauge of what people want, since there's a bunch of full-on apologists, a bunch of full-on haters bashing literally everything about the game, and only a few in between.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're talking about a race that can transform into a halfling (elf/human), AND has exclusive access to a hero class based on WoW dragons and popular heroes like Alexstraza and Wrathion. There's no way its not going to be extremely popular long after Dragonflight is over.
    I do think that yes. It will likely be a phase.

Illidan hype also slimmed down after legion, Alex was kinda forgotten and dragons in general same as Illidan and friends. When the story is over so will slim down that hype. Its only natural teriz. I also wouldnt put the word extremely in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    It's an improvement, but I still feel like people are going to want to look like this model specifically:

this is BULKY

blizzard improvement is just some skinny gecko that decided to hit the gym for 2 months and drop soy milk

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This forum is a terrible gauge of what people want, since there's a bunch of full-on apologists, a bunch of full-on haters bashing literally everything about the game, and only a few in between.
    If you are correct (which I sincerely think you are), it means that trying to use any sort of "online popularity" as a metric to judge a given design / concept is a waste of time - a million players can have a shitty opinion, one player can be right, etc.

Considering game making is in big part an artistic work, our opinions go only so far - Blizzard are the artists, if they think their Dracthyr is ideal then it's done. We can give our opinions but we can't pretend that they are objectively correct like some do here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Problem is that these are playable characters, not tools for story. For that reason, they should cater more to what people want than what makes sense storywise.
    That's kind of an impossible benchmark - what people want could cover essentially anything without logical or narrative boundaries, whereas races and classes have both types of boundaries implicit in their creation. People *are* being catered to with the expansion of body types already showcased, as well; but there are going to be upper boundaries to that.

As I said previously, more variation is almost always to the good, but if you're expecting a level of variation that doesn't fit the aesthetic theme of the race/class, you're going to be dissatisfied no matter what. That's not a design issue, that's more a "you problem" as they say nowadays.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Their buffyness is not enough and their head and neck are too fucking thin, im sorry but im not up for "middle ground" here, they have to work better on this shit to make me buy this expansion.

They are more worried about color and skin than the actual model, which is a sad sight, no matter how many color you paint shit, still is shit.

And again, no mention of more visage forms, which completely kills my interest in playing those lizard abominations.

Might be just me, but 3 of those options weren't really noticeable changes. Why even have them if the ribs move outward 3 pixels? The only option that really changed anything significantly was the last one and that wasn't much at all.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    At this point with all the talk about furry’s and then not being buff enough I feel like some people are just projecting while secretly wanting something like this to get off to.

All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's kind of an impossible benchmark - what people want could cover essentially anything without logical or narrative boundaries, whereas races and classes have both types of boundaries implicit in their creation. People *are* being catered to with the expansion of body types already showcased, as well; but there are going to be upper boundaries to that.

As I said previously, more variation is almost always to the good, but if you're expecting a level of variation that doesn't fit the aesthetic theme of the race/class, you're going to be dissatisfied no matter what. That's not a design issue, that's more a "you problem" as they say nowadays.
    If you make up that "those races does not accept variation because i say so despite this limitation not making sense or benefiting anyone" it is a design issue, you put yourself in a corner, not a issue of people who expect warcraft races to look like warcraft races.

People wanted drakonids/humanoid dragon as race and a dragonsworn class, they perverted the idea and made demon hunter 2.0, its 100% a design issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    At this point with all the talk about furry’s and then not being buff enough I feel like some people are just projecting while secretly wanting something like this to get off to.

No we are just comparing with better RPG fantasy.

Disney knew better in 1990 on how to make antropomorphic characters with different bodies.
    Last edited by Dioporco; 2022-07-12 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    We see what we want to see I guess..
    What I want to see is Blizzard going back to the drawing board or shelving this clown race in its entirety.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lol we already know what you want to see you little kink
    Little bit of projection going on here. Have fun with your scaly race though.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I mean, Ive been pretty negative about them and I'm rather okay with the new options.

They are after all, casters only. I dont need them to be completely hulked out like an Orc.
    Fair enough, mayahp I judged too soon, my apologies, but it does feel like you're compromising, as if you are resigned to this being the best we'll get for the options rather than what you really want. Whiles I didn't mind the Dracthyr model itself, I have to admit, the initial pass wasn't that appealing, and a fan mock ups with a much bigger chest did look much better to me and sadly their option 4 just doesn't do nearly enough, - like being huge chesty dragon is difficult - i mean you blow fire from the chest - what is the difficulty in having a buff chest? too male?

Currently, as it stands, I won't touch Dracthyr or evoker unless I could use Visage form in combat - and only go full dracthyr during special evoker abilities that require it

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The problem is not even that they want to fap to this, it's just that they keep hiding it. Like we all want hot sexy elves and no one is ashamed - which is why we ask for them to be playable. But the people who want bara dracthyrs here, saying that they need to be more buffy with more masculine faces need to come clean and fucking say it. It's ok to have a preference ffs.