Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Well... doesn't that proof them/us right though? Compare the grittynes of those with the cutey lovey dovey soft stuff from dragonflight?
    Also... i am probably for internet term a leftist but the furrification is hardly deniable right now.... and it sucks donkey balls.
    No not unless you think they fired all there artist after BFA.

Not liking this one design and thinking there artist have been replaced making them “lose there edge” or “unable to make dark art because there leftist” is not the same thing.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    It's prolly a placeholder, hopefully. Hogger imo should always remain unique, model wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Top texts don't need to exist, other than that agreed
    Hogger was never unique model wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I did read, albeit I was a bit too sarcastic.

I think OP means Hogger doesn't look mean enough for Hogger's reputation, which I agree with. However it's also been pointed out that Hogger never had a unique model, which is a fair point.
    exactly this, while hogger is a general meme in the community, he hasnt been relevent since vanilla/cata. these days you see him for 30 seconds max, giving him a unique model would be the biggest waste of resources ever, unless they just right out re-use him in dragonflight, no reason to suddenly give him a unique model for the first time ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Seriously, this is one of the most iconic races and they've just edited a Worgen a bit. These two don't even look like they're meant to be the same species -
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    that is not how reality works my boi, that could not be any further from the truth, holy moly armchair devs are iconic at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Doubt it. If you look at the model properly it's just a worgen player model with a bit of rework to make the face look derpier and to build the hunch a bit.

This is one of the iconic races of Warcraft and they couldn't even be bothered to build a new model and just tweaked a Worgen. What a joke. They don't even look slightly alike -

No it is not "just a worgen player model with a bit of a rework"
    what the fuck are you talking about my dude, that is not how ANY of this works, you could not be any further from the truth.

by that logic this is just a slightly altered draenei model, cause they both have 2 legs, 2 arms, a head, a body, a tail, and backward bent legs. aww man its just a slightly altered draenei model.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Indeed there was just nothing wrong with the original silhouette of the gnoll. Yeah their spine looked all messed up, but that's what made them endearing freaks. They didn't have to be 'fixed' anatomically.

Looks like an old cardboard cutout.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Samwise defined Blizzard for so long. Can't imagine what he feels about the ridiculous Dracthyr bullshit and now this, lol.
    He does NFT's, so who the fuck cares what he thinks these days?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Absolutely love all the “blizzard lost there edge” or loosely vailed “leftist can’t make art and ruined the game” comments as if BFA alone didn’t blow all of the classic wow designs out of the water on the darker/grim factor.

Fun fact this model actually has nipples, idk why, but whoever made it gave it nipples.
    It is likely the only female model ingame with them so uhh yeaah idk why they did that, but you would normally never see it ingame so i guess its ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    imagine disliking something and therefore not wanting to buy it
    if a single mob model is enough to get you to not buy the game, you need ot just leave, if you hate the game that much then it will never be for you again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Yeah of course they're not going to make a unique model for him here. I think that retaining Hogger's old model for both his appearances would satisfy everyone. For new players he would be an oddity, if they notice it at all. And for the veterans he's a piece of history.
    yeah cause walking around a ton of brand new amazing gnoll models, to then be told the one with the 19 year old model is the special one is the best thing ever.
    like seriously come on now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Makes me wonder how different Blizzard's recent controversies would've been if they insisted on continuing to put characters like Sylvanas and Alexstrasza in sillier and sillier bikinis while everything was going down.

I kinda wish they'd do the opposite though, and have a prominent male character who wears nothing but a giant codpiece, just to see people have meltdowns over it.

Idk they already do that, but ya know, people don't care.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Fun fact this model actually has nipples, idk why, but whoever made it gave it nipples.
    It is likely the only female model ingame with them so uhh yeaah idk why they did that, but you would normally never see it ingame so i guess its ok?
    I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just something a lot of modellers do even when they are never meant to be seen I know Diablo has a whole lot of nipples even when players will only ever really see them on succubi.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

And yet it is menacing AF and has alot of character. The new one is pretty tame and doesn't fit to be called a gnoll. The hyena laugh doesn't work on them either

Edit: I failed to reply to some comment calling the og gnolls cardboard cutouts lol

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Granted, but that's not a reason to change the silhouette so drastically. We could have a high poly model of this weird creature just fine.

obviously a placeholder

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah cause walking around a ton of brand new amazing gnoll models, to then be told the one with the 19 year old model is the special one is the best thing ever.
    like seriously come on now.
    Yes. It wouldn't be intrusive. Barely even an easter egg.

Pretty sure that's a normal gnoll model, from the update, serving as placeholder. The normal melee ones all around his area are the same. Fairly certain Hogger will get a unique model.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Pretty sure that's a normal gnoll model, from the update, serving as placeholder. The normal melee ones all around his area are the same. Fairly certain Hogger will get a unique model.
    Well for most new players Hogger is just another random nameless npc what you kill in mass aoe pull in Elwyn. So its not like people actualy care if he gets unique model or not. His NPCno longer carry badge of player killing machine due to how is world content made.to be one big pile of faceroll joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    The modern WoW style in a nutshell. Overly anthropomorphized with no grit. At least in BfA the art still retained some of that classic WarCraft style that Samwise helped establish. Ever since Shadowlands the game is looking less and less like WarCraft. The dragons are a prime example of this new direction and I absolutely hate it. As others have said, HotS did it better.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just something a lot of modellers do even when they are never meant to be seen I know Diablo has a whole lot of nipples even when players will only ever really see them on succubi.
    modelling or painting with accurate anatomy helps with the overall art even if some details aren't seen.
    Nothing wrong with it either.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    modelling or painting with accurate anatomy helps with the overall art even if some details aren't seen.
    Oh no doubt on that, you’d just think some one would go over and went to remove them in games lower then M but I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the time they didn’t think it worth the effort due to it always being covered unless something wonky happens with the model in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I'll take the cardboard cut out over the stuffed kids toy anyway. At least cardboard is threatening enough to cause a paper cut :P

But as much as I like the gnoll model it isn't a good Hogger model, maybe as one of the more lowbie grunts in game. Hell, the caster gnolls look amazing and more intimidating. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-07-16 at 06:43 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

No not unless you think they fired all there artist after BFA.

Not liking this one design and thinking there artist have been replaced making them “lose there edge” or “unable to make dark art because there leftist” is not the same thing.
    I don't think this has anything to do with "leftists"... no idea where that come from tbh.
    But the artstyle DID change since BfA.
    Sets are getting clunkier. With huge anime style armor pieces (even fpr the allready huge armors in wow since the beginnging) and models get... cutesy.
    Maybe the gave them more freedom in designing or a general change in style.
    Even FF14 looks more serious right now than wow with cuddly hoggers and the new furbolg model.

Maybe it is this weird sausage hair they tend to use now everywhere. Idk... but everythign shown so far from DF is a longshot from what we had in BfA. Not really serious. Like the MCU who had a few serious topics in the beginning and now is just one pun after another.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are legit whining over every little changes in the game. No wonder the game is declining harder then any other game jesus fuck.
    The model doesnt even look bad at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't think this has anything to do with "leftists"... no idea where that come from tbh.
    But the artstyle DID change since BfA.
    Sets are getting clunkier. With huge anime style armor pieces (even fpr the allready huge armors in wow since the beginnging) and models get... cutesy.
    Maybe the gave them more freedom in designing or a general change in style.
    Even FF14 looks more serious right now than wow with cuddly hoggers and the new furbolg model.

Maybe it is this weird sausage hair they tend to use now everywhere. Idk... but everythign shown so far from DF is a longshot from what we had in BfA. Not really serious. Like the MCU who had a few serious topics in the beginning and now is just one pun after another.
    Read through the thread it’s filled with thinly vailed “lgbt and leftist devs are ruining the game” post.

As to the shift in art post BFA, there just hasn’t been one you can even look at the hyenas and see that they fit in fine with the Gnoll’s. What’s actually happened if that a lot of players have there own ideas of what wow creatures should look like beyond like 5 polygon models we had in classic and they are applying those ideas to what they think the new models should look like while blizzard doesn’t agree.

Pretty much gnoll’s have always had silly looking models and it’s only the low quaility of classic era models that make people imagine they were ever dark in any way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You don't need to add parts under clothing, how would adding nipples help model a fully clothed character?
    This feels like the half life cinematic mod all over again.
    "Hey I needed to add that because details are important!"

Looks like they bleached him like Michael Jackson.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You guys are legit whining over every little changes in the game. No wonder the game is declining harder then any other game jesus fuck.
    The model doesnt even look bad at all...
    Going from brown to white fur color is not a little change.

The game is declining, because #1 it's old as fuck, and the people that played when they were teens are now hovering around 30, and are growing up, and don't have time for WoW, and #2, because of lack of content, and innovative things. There needs to be something on the level of innovativeness of M+ every expansion, and 4 months tops between major patches.
    Last edited by muto; 2022-07-16 at 08:10 PM.