Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To know they are inaccurate, you would need to know the accurate numbers to compare. Do you have these numbers?
    Only Blizzard knows the percentage of players who actually obtain certain achievements.

My point is simply that the claim made that 4% of players achieve Ahead of the Curve is wild guess and no more.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    The various sites who claim to track the % of players who obtain certain achievements are all really, really inaccurate.
    Also, they aren't accurate to the dot, but you can extrapolate a reasonable assumption using their metrics. AotC Denathrius achievements show a huge chunk of players earning the achievement, which then significantly plummets following the next raid drop as Blizzard gets rocked by waves of controversy, after controversy. This shows that yes, less and less players continued their investment following the first patch cycle.

The controversies likely play a huge part in this, but BfA's launch showed a similar trend - large percentage of tracked kills at the start of the expansion (Uldir/Ghuun), which rapidly dissipated, indicating players are sticking around less, and less into each expansions lifespan than older expansions.

Edit to claim this isn't me stating WoW sucks, just that the formula is getting old/predictable, which causes players to quickly lose interest once the "new expansion" hype fades.
    Last edited by Celvira; 2022-07-19 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post

You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Only Blizzard knows the percentage of players who actually obtain certain achievements.

My point is simply that the claim made that 4% of players achieve Ahead of the Curve is wild guess and no more.
    But they are not wild guesses, they are backed by data. You might have issues with the accuracy of that method, but its not a "wild guess". And that wasnt even your claim, your claim was it was WRONG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    And not just world quests and dailies, but rather, meaningful and challenging content that can progress your character through out the entirety of a season.

I envision a solo end game content experience, much like Monster Hunter or Dark Souls/Elden Ring.

As it stands, there is currently very little reason to log on, outside your weekly m+/raid times. There is just nothing to do.
    Maybe you should try single-player games and not an MMORPG. You're already able to do way too much stuff alone.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wrong. MMORPG's are only meant to have a lot of people in one online place. It in no way means you have to play with other players or are even meant to play with other players.
    Do you even hear yourself?

Diablo 3 is not an MMO. It has what you describe. Multiplayer is completely optional.

Wow is a MMO. The multiplayer is in the name. It is designed to do multiplayer content. You can choose not to but to complain about a game when you are actually playing it wrong, even after trying to create a new definition for the genre, is arrogant at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Its becasue WoW both discourages community/multiplayer aspect while also not having much solo content.

You can want both if both are lacking.
    What barriers are blizzard putting up to discourage community? In what ways are blizzard pushing people into single player content.

You need to actually have an argument to be taken seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Achievement hunting has brought so much life into this game for me, I have an absolutely staggering amount of things to do that I otherwise probably wouldn't have bothered with. Sure, a lot of achievements are just chores - But it truly gets me to experience every aspect of the game, and a lot of it is quite fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree tbh. One of my favorite things about SWTOR is the single-player class stories; I'd love to see something similar come to WoW! Order Hall campaigns were sort of a step in that direction, but I personally think the game could do with even more roleplaying elements.

We'd probably need a WoW 2 for any sort of fully voice-acted choice-based narratives though.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    And not just world quests and dailies, but rather, meaningful and challenging content that can progress your character through out the entirety of a season.

I envision a solo end game content experience, much like Monster Hunter or Dark Souls/Elden Ring.

As it stands, there is currently very little reason to log on, outside your weekly m+/raid times. There is just nothing to do.
    You understand what an MMO is right? Massively MULTIPLAYER online. It's in the name.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a good business case to be made for more solo content. It's been shown again and again that within the MMO genre solo play is an important and predominant thing.

We will have to see how it works out but Hazzikostas has been careful to emphasize that the next expansion will allow players to "just...focus on what they prefer to focus on, while encouraging them and giving them optional rewards for branching out." That can be taken a number of ways but if solo play is an important business case that obviously has implications. I'm pretty sure the raid/dungeon lobby crowd is going to be cared for.

People can blather on all they want about "go play a single player game" but they are ignoring the reality of how people play WoW. M+ is great but not involving a huge percentage of all players. Same for organized raiding (as opposed to LFR). If Blizzard decides to put some effort into taking care of solo players and those that play primarily with people they know (see the professions revamp for starters) it won't hurt the game's business and likely will help it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius87 View Post
    You understand what an MMO is right? Massively MULTIPLAYER online. It's in the name.
    There's nothing there that mandates anything other than a lot of players on a shared platform or world. I know you likely believe otherwise but you're wrong when it comes to forced socialization. That sort of opportunity should exist but is not necessarily required. MMO's can choose a design template where content is group-based with a few solo options or the opposite. Theme parks can have lots of simultaneous visitors but that doesn't mean that everyone is forced into meaningful interactions with total strangers.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Appealing to single players should be as important as appealing to group players. And no, gate keeping content and rewards based on group sizes is quite awkward in a game genre where the solo players are around 65% of the whole player base.
    If 65% of the player base is solo players, it sounds like wow is doing well in that department. Should focus on group play to boost up participation in that area.

It will be interesting to see what the Devs come up with now there allegedly will not be any artifact/azerite/anima power to grind and call content.

Not going to get into the old and tired argument of people who think MMO means you should have to group up with other players. Ignoring the existence of MMOs like Runescape entirely not to mention a good portion of WoW is already done solo. Leveling, achievement hunter, dailies, and pretty much any other chore. Unless you're raid logging, you're more than likely to be spending more time alone than in a group. Thing is all the meaningful, gear rewarding content is group content of course. And if you want solo content to reward decent gear you run into a completely different problem.

Say 5% of the player base is expected to gear out in mythic gear each raid tier. Well if you want solo content to reward mythic gear you would need to make it difficult enough so that only 5% of players can achieve that level. Though probably much less than 5% because you have to take into account the fact that if this solo content made it easier to gear up than mythic raiding, everyone would just do that instead and you've killed off raiding. In the end, you would end up with something much, much harder than Mage Tower challenges. No one would be able to do it, everyone would complain, and the few that could do it are likely the people already raiding mythic anyway, so they don't really need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They need to take the main story out of raids at least. You come back now you just won’t see the Nathria or Sanctum storylines cus nobody does them and you can’t solo them. Leaving huge gaps in Shadowland’s already convoluted, dogshit story. They tried to fix it by having thrall and jaina do it off screen but it’s a piss poor attempt.

Otherwise yeah, more single player or at least solo queue content would be nice. Not everyone has a consistent schedule required for guild play or a friend group wide enough to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius87 View Post
    You clearly don't understand what a MMO is.

FFXIV is a perfect example of providing players with both solo and group content. Multiplayer just means you are on a shared world/shard/server and nothing more beyond that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    So many close minded people in this thread seriously. Just because a game is an mmo it does not mean it must only have multiplayer content. Why does it have to be either or? Why it gotta be black and white. Yes, solo content shouldn't come at the expense of multiplayer content but having some of it is still a great thing. Ffxiv does it well. Even destiny 2.

And shit, didn't elden ring spawn a very favourable meme with that pot guy going into other people's games through the online feature? Single player game with a hint of online and it seems to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I mean you get torghast , visions and mage tower.

While the first might suck there have been attempts.
    yep, most of them were fine and nice. but there are 2 problems:

1)
    it was just those 3 and not much more. sparse content.

2)
    Torghast offers not much reasons to run through these days. Mage tower has been stopped. Visions are over.

Result:
    It’s like saying „this game has enough grp content“, if the actual raid would not drop anything and give no reason to go there, m+ dungeons had been stopped with BfA and guilds are already patched out of game.

in short:
    your examples were fine. as long as they lastet. but they no longer exist.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-07-20 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yep, most of them were fine and nice. but there are 2 problems:

1)
    it was just those 3 and not much more. sparse content.

2)
    Torghast offers not much reasons to run through these days. Mage tower has been stopped. Visions are over.

Result:
    It’s like saying „this game has enough grp content“, if the actual raid would not drop anything and give no reason to go there, m+ dungeons had been stopped with BfA and guilds are already patched out of game.

in short:
    your examples were fine. as long as they lastet. but they no longer exist.
    I mean... it's a mmo. Its never gonna be the focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They need to take the main story out of raids at least. You come back now you just won’t see the Nathria or Sanctum storylines cus nobody does them and you can’t solo them. Leaving huge gaps in Shadowland’s already convoluted, dogshit story. They tried to fix it by having thrall and jaina do it off screen but it’s a piss poor attempt.

Otherwise yeah, more single player or at least solo queue content would be nice. Not everyone has a consistent schedule required for guild play or a friend group wide enough to make up for it.
    You can watch the remaining bits of the story on YouTube because of course, that's why we play video games: to watch their stories on YouTube.

It's plain evidence that developers don't care about the in-game story by not protecting the narrative content properly. Yes, there's LFR for some of that but that's a different problem entirely.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    An MMO might not be the thing for you.
    It´s 2022, it is possible. FF does it. (I am not saying that it is a good or a bad game, just that it does it, and actually does it well).

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Only on MMO-C where people can claim confidently that WoW does not cater to the community/multiplayer aspect while also saying the game needs more single player aspects.

Wait, no-- they do that everywhere.
    They absolutely do not do that. What you consider catering to single player is questing, dailies etc which is 100% the same in every mmo.

Single player stuff they can implement is more advanced roguelike like the scenario in suramar, mage tower, visions or perhaps they can find more things.

Catering to multiplayer in wow is utterly pointless as most people play alone and the developers themselves has transitioned the game away from community multiplayer over a decade.