Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Trailer doesn't make sense, queen says her family is gone, yet her daughter is still alive
    Unless she isn’t… or is missing

It would be a missed opportunity if they don't make it so Nakia was pregnant with T'Challa's son after Black Panther 1, and well on her way to give birth during Infinity War, and doing so soon after the snap, so that this kid will benefit from the 5 year time jump (so that he can be a teenager sooner rather than later) and then 10 years from now, once they are done with Shuri being the Black Panther, which I assume have some good comics stories to adapt, they can introduce a T'Challa again (albeit technically T'Challa Jr.) to adapt many more T'Challa comic stories which they never had a chance to do due to Chadwick Boseman's passing, the first of which could be a teenage T'Challa teaming up with a teenage Storm (lots of other Mutants to do in the next 10 years, we can save her). The MCU is clearly here to stay so, can't do it all now, need to save some good stuff for years from now. This is how we get more T'Challa without recasting the character.

I want a Pink Panther film...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I want a Pink Panther film...
    The live-action detective version, or the cartoon pink cat?

Black Panther meets Pink Panther...the buddy hero story we never saw coming.
    ...that might take some doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Trailer doesn't make sense, queen says her family is gone, yet her daughter is still alive
    That just means something happens to Shuri at some point in the movie...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Oh man. I got half way through the trailer and I kept wondering when Chadwick was going to show up.

I completely forgot that he died : /

I didn't really care for the first one, but like most marvel movies it was definitely worth the watch and well done.

It’s obviously Tom Holland in a Spider-Man/Black Panther cross over. I mean, look at the image, you can clearly see the 4 legs of the spider icon that n the back.
    But seriously, it’s more than likely Shuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    That just means something happens to Shuri at some point in the movie...
    It could even be a flashback scene to the 5 years between the Snap and the Blip, where both Shuri and T'Challa were Snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It could even be a flashback scene to the 5 years between the Snap and the Blip, where both Shuri and T'Challa were Snapped.
    I figured it was going to be where T’Challa died, setting up the whole movie. Perhaps Doom maneuvering to set Wakanda vs Namor. That would be up his alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Mhmmm... unless there is a lot of padding in the suit.... nah, that butt and waist do not belong to a woman, or at least not to Shuri, she is much smaller and slimer then that.
    Could also be Shuri’s stunt double. They’d be the one in the suit for any sort of action (or even just action poses), and more than likely a bit more muscled than the actress herself.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I figured it was going to be where T’Challa died, setting up the whole movie. Perhaps Doom maneuvering to set Wakanda vs Namor. That would be up his alley.
    I dunno, it seems like she's speaking to some international body at that point. I could see a scene where the Snap has happened and people are looking to the newly "out in the world" Wakanda for help coping.

Instead of looking at the butt, look at who's in the back drop. Namor is too smart of a guy to let some weakling like Killmonger touch him, or M'Baku. Ya'll have a wet dream for MBJ's return but this isn't it. Killmonger isn't near the level Namor is, even with the blessings of the Panther. Y'all are really disrespecting Namor.

Shuri, besides Strange, are the smartest people currently who could take on Namor.

After all this you have Secret Invasion and Secret War which I'm sure Black Panther will be a part of. Where do you think Killmonger is going to fit in helping the world when all he wants to help himself and only his people? He's no savior, he's not anti hero, He was right about a lot of what he said in Black Panther, but his ways of going about it are still as wrong as Magneto's.

Killmonger also wants Wakanda, He's not going to give back the powers of the God to the rightful heirs. He'd have to kill the Queen, Shuri, Nakia, and Okoye.

Why do you want a usurper on the throne in Wakanda? I'm curious as to why Killmonger is highly suspected when comic wise Shuri is Black Panther, Shuri is currently in MCU. Killmonger doesn't even make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Futch View Post
    Instead of looking at the butt, look at who's in the back drop. Namor is too smart of a guy to let some weakling like Killmonger touch him, or M'Baku.

Shuri, besides Strange, are the smartest people currently who could take on Namor.
    I'm not sure what "smart" has to do with "taking on Namor". Namor gets beat a lot in the comics simply because he's so easy to trick into fighting emotionally.

Killmonger isn't near the level Namor is, even with the blessings of the Panther.
    I also don't think Killmonger is coming back... but no Black Panther, regardless of who it is, is anywhere near the level of Namor. The Heart-shaped herb puts the Black Panther (regardless of who is in the suit) at about par with Steve Rogers. Namor is well beyond that...especially if he's in or near water.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I'm not sure what "smart" has to do with "taking on Namor". Namor gets beat a lot in the comics simply because he's so easy to trick into fighting emotionally.

I also don't think Killmonger is coming back... but no Black Panther, regardless of who it is, is anywhere near the level of Namor. The Heart-shaped herb puts the Black Panther (regardless of who is in the suit) at about par with Steve Rogers. Namor is well beyond that...especially if he's in or near water.
    Namor isn't the smartest of the Illumanati but he's a part of the Illumanati, he has beaten the pulp out of Hulk, Iron Man and others numerous times and while he does lose, because he's ill-tempered, his intelligence on the battlefield is extraordinary. Killmonger wouldn't even be able to close the gap. You need to be somewhat intelligent to out think someone who has thought about every possible strategy to attack Wakanda.

and you're right noone can go toe to toe with Namor, which is why you'll need to out tech and out smart him, Killmonger isn't doing either of those. I'd go as far to say Namor would promise Wakanda to Killmonger if he joined him, and then Namor would blitz him after the sacking of the city.

Shuri and her tech, 110%, she's your Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Futch View Post
    Namor isn't the smartest of the Illumanati but he's a part of the Illumanati
    Intelligence is not a pre-req for the illuminati.

he has beaten the pulp out of Hulk, Iron Man and others numerous times and while he does lose, because he's ill-tempered, his intelligence on the battlefield is extraordinary. Killmonger wouldn't even be able to close the gap. You need to be somewhat intelligent to out think someone who has thought about every possible strategy to attack Wakanda.
    Killmonger is very intelligent. MCU Killmonger is more intelligent than MCU T'challa.

and you're right noone can go toe to toe with Namor, which is why you'll need to out tech and out smart him, Killmonger isn't doing either of those.
    With Wakandan Tech...Killmonger is as much of a match for Namor as T'Challa would have been.

I'd go as far to say Namor would promise Wakanda to Killmonger if he joined him, and then Namor would blitz him after the sacking of the city.
    No, Namor is an honourable man. Namor would hold to his word if he gave it. But he wouldn't. He would look at Killmonger and say "The Avenging Son of Atlantis doesn't need your help"
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-07-26 at 04:56 AM.

I think the movie will put butts in seats, if for no other reason than for people to feel like they are making it to Chadwicks funeral. How good will the story be? Dont know but nothing in phase 4 has impressed me. Novie wise I haven't hated what Ive seen but wont bother with Eternals and Thor looks awful, so I don't want to see him get ruined. Shang Chi and Dr Strange were ok but not great, and Black Widow had a great beginning, but went downhill fast. The tv shows have been generally bad to ok, so I cant say that I have high hopes that Wakanda Forever will have a great story.

Shiri is the best bet to be Black Panther, since she was in the comics. M'Baku has a very different fighting style to reflect his tribes gorilla heritage. He is a much more brute force type fighter and doesn't fit the Black Panther style of fighting, if it was him I think it would look very awkward. If they brought Killmonger back I think you would have everyone expecting things to turn out like they did in What If, with him backstabbing everyone.

Riri is getting introduced this movie, which is something nobody asked for. Now, will she be good and likable? Who knows but if shes anything like her comic book counterpart the Iron Heart tv show is done before its even started. So far the MCU has found likable actresses to be placed in these new roles, even if they were stuck with bad scripts, so I would say its a 50/50 shot that RiRi turns out ok.

Namor is going to be awful in this. Hes going from Atlantean to Mayan, and is likely going to get nerfed like crazy in order to allow BP to beat him. The MCU has not had a good track record with villains so I think fans of Namor are going to be pissed by the end of the movie. I am still trying to figure out how there is even a conflict between Atlantis and Wakanda, either in the movies or comics. You have two isolationist counties that keep very much to themselves. In the comics Wakanda is land locked and it is hundreds if not thousands of miles till you reach the ocean. Previous movies have not shown Wakanda to be any different in the MCU, though the trailer does have two ocean scenes in it. In the movie, it seems Namor is moving to south or central America which is on the other side of the world. so why is there a conflict between the two, they should barely know about each other, much less hate each other.

So Wakanda Forever is likely to be the most profitable movie of phase 4, but will it be the best? Who knows. Overall though there is nothing that was revealed to make me think that Marvel is ever going to come even close to phases 1-3 again. When the only thing exciting people from your announcement is the Daredevil show its a sign that things are in trouble. Most other stuff seems to be getting a luke warm reception at most on social media and other stuff is just creating controversy.

Some talking points:

1. The Panther.

If you have to bet...bet for Shuri. She is the logical option but when analyzing this colossal projects we must not forget there's factors that trascend the narrative. If Shuri is the Black Panther Laetitia Wright becomes the poster face of the franchise. We don't exactly know what it the precise relation of Disney with her ,we don't know if they trust her to have the charisma to pull the franchise forward or consider her a risk but we do know that Jordan and Lupita are superstars. In the end if you have to bet...bet for Shuri, but don't bet your house on it.

2. Panther vs Namor.

Namor is a behemoth. CL100 strength classification , can go toe to toe with basically everyone in normal conditions (not full cyttorak juggernaut, not fully enraged Hulk....but no one can) and if there's water...even more. But despite not knowing exactly how he will be depicted in the MCU the david vs goliath is a recurrent theme in the superhero genre , this is why Cpt.America beats foes that hilariously outmatch him or how Spiderman can beat Heralds of Galactus when the logic says they are in different leagues or why Batman is in the Justice League in the first place. You need to solve the puzzle, find the weakness ,the solution, because the direct "Let's punch each other out" does not work. We can not ask "There shouldn't be a battle of David and Goliath" although sometimes we can ask :"Really? Is this the solution.It's not cool at all".

Remember who beat the Scartlet Witch and how : America by giving her what she wanted.

Sure there's gonna be a direct confrontation (we see it in the trailer) so....you better have a high dodge rating although remember what vibranium does:absorb kinetic energy....but in the end we all know Namor is not gonna be beaten by punching him into submission.

3. Wakanda vs Atlantis.

Over the decades Wakanda's exact official location has moved a lot but in the last map it does not have a shore to the ocean but it does have an eastern border to the Lake Victoria ( the Nyanza). It is only logical to think the shore we see is the lake not an ocean.

In the comics the feud starts with Avengers Vs X-Men. Wanda hurts Namor pretty bad and since she gets refugee in Wakanda and they refuse to deliver her Atlantis throws a full scale invasion that start with flooding the lake over the city...and you know how this things work: it scalates pretty bad over the next years.

In the Mcu there's no Wanda in Wakanda ( although the sound is cool) and there's no AvX nor a Phoenix Force but the trigger is that Wakanda has someone or something that Namor wants. Given that there's few doubts Namor will hate those pesky surface dwellers I guess the target is the Great Mound , the meteorite because he needs the vibranium to start his war.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonhawk View Post
    The MCU has not had a good track record with villains so I think fans of Namor are going to be pissed by the end of the movie.
    Some fans ( myself included) and I think all should, have come to accept that villains are gonna suck because this is the MCU and it's like making the villain shine can cover some of the hero's brightness ( I disagree but it is what it is). I expect from Namor ( despite being a way bigger name) the same thing I expected from Gorr or Taskmaster...not much,do your shit and exit fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Also, it was crap in the first place. Help poor black communities in the US projects but ignore extreme poverty in neighbouring African countries..
    I didn't watch the movie. Did this really happen?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I didn't watch the movie. Did this really happen?
    I mean, at the end he decided to open Wakanda to the world and help other black people, but his first steps were American projects.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.