Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Wow, they seem to have improved a FUCKTON since XC2. I know DE already had improvements, but i never really looked into it. Seems it only really dips to ~24FPS in combat due to all the characters doing stuff on screen. Other than that, better anti aliasing, stable (and apparently very well done) cutscenes, sound allows for 5.1 surround, frame pacing is good and generally only really the combat fps is a mixed point. If i hadn't already preordered it some time ago, i'd atleast have done now, as performance is usually... mixed throughout Switch games.

It's not all combat, just some specific encounters. Having almost 30 hours into it already, I've barely noticed dips in most combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It’s a shame it seems people who ordered the special edition are being screwed on the delivery date. I’ll probably have to double dip on the digital version.
    Did this with SMT V. No regrets

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo wtf this Torna battle theme goes so fucking hard

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I still kinda wish xb3 was on the switch 2. 4k/1800p dlss with a stable 30 fps, longer draw distance, better textures. Arggghhh
    Gotta get XBC2 and XBCX definitive editions before we can get XBC3 definitive edition, bwahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Gotta get XBC2 and XBCX definitive editions before we can get XBC3 definitive edition, bwahahahaha.
    I mean, it's probably just going to be XC4 since 3 doesn't do much to progress the overall narrative of the worlds or give it a definitive ending and I doubt they want that to just be DLC. Don't let melia and nia fool you the game is a pretty self contained story like XC1 and is gonna need a XC2 like follow up to actually make it mean something to the greater narrative. Don't think we're getting a remaster of anything for a long time.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-07-27 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean, it's probably just going to be XC4 since 3 doesn't do much to progress the overall narrative of the worlds or give it a definitive ending and I doubt they want that to just be DLC. Don't let melia and nia fool you the game is a pretty self contained story like XC1 and is gonna need a XC2 like follow up to actually make it mean something to the greater narrative. Don't think we're getting a remaster of anything for a long time.
    I must be blind because I never thought there was some greater narrative. I see the connection between games but I didn't think it was building up to anything.

I must be blind because I never thought there was some greater narrative. I see the connection between games but I didn't think it was building up to anything.
    I mean as a casual fan it's not blind to not know there is a greater narrative at play. However when XC2 and by virtue of retcon XC1 both line up to episode 5 of perfect works in humans uprising to destroy the zohar and reject gods, then on top of it Torna released to confirm this wasn't a coincidence since episode 4 is a great ideological war fought 500 years before the events of episode 5 and torna is exactly that...

It's not going to be surprising when Takahashi finally makes his long lost episode 6 of perfect works a reality, because it's the only chapter he has never been able to properly explore in video game form. Episode 1 hasn't really been explored that deeply in video games either but has been seen in cutscenes or the Klaus earth flashbacks in terms of xenoblade itself.

TLDR: Xenogears was supposed to be Perfect Works, Xenosaga was supposed to be Perfect Works 2.0 both got fucked over by publishers. Xenoblade 1 was supposed to just be a good RPG but got retconned into being Perfect Works 3.0 because of XC2. The mad man is going to do it this time no matter how many Zelda games monolith has to slave away on to get it done.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-07-27 at 10:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    With telos and kosmos in xb2 and nintendos close relationship with bamco, there's nothing actually stopping him from linking blade with saga eventually

With telos and kosmos in xb2 and nintendos close relationship with bamco, there's nothing actually stopping him from linking blade with saga eventually

Basically this but Square won't give it up. Bamco is definitely more likely to cooperate with Nintendo than Square "wtf is a xenogears and why do we own it" Enix.

I know I'm late to it and I only got it so I can practice to beat the twerps at work during break time, but god fucking damn, the AI in Smash Ultimate is just either garbage or straight up Neo from the Matrix with its bullshit.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Nintendo finally shipped my copy of XC3. Now will it arrive by Friday? I doubt it but fingers crossed I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think I'm gonna beat 2 and Torna in time, oh well. I'm on vacation for the next week and a half so I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to play before vacation ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo finally shipped my copy of XC3. Now will it arrive by Friday? I doubt it but fingers crossed I guess.
    I will go pick it at store tommorow (i dont trust mail here, its slow) where i had it reserved. I checked and its ready to be picked up.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Played XC3 for about an hour here are some initial thoughts.

Liked:
    • Game feels way more responsive than the second game
    • Artes are now fully charged at the start of combat. We don't need to unlock that feature anymore.
    • The useless compass has been replaced with a far more useful waypoint system

Disklied:
    The tutorials are still incredibly annoying. I picked up an accessory, and the game gave me a tutorial on how to equip it. Shortly after, as part of the main quest, I had to buy an accessory from a shop, at which point I was given the same tutorial on how to equip it. Why bother showing it the first time?

Overall really enjoying it and can't wait to play more tomorrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    My problems are

No art cancelling unless unlocked later making combat feel a lot more slow than 2

No instant autos so cant stutter attack like in 2

You can still throw a rock but the game doesnt show or tell you

No potions so eunies healing is pretty bad on longer fights

Pretty muddy to look at. Really needs to be on a better system

Seems like doing side quests are going to over level the shit out of you once again

Only did like 3 hours so we'll see after my 12-15 hour session tomorrow
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-07-29 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played XC3 for about an hour here are some initial thoughts.

Liked:
    • Game feels way more responsive than the second game
    • Artes are now fully charged at the start of combat. We don't need to unlock that feature anymore.
    • The useless compass has been replaced with a far more useful waypoint system

Disklied:
    The tutorials are still incredibly annoying. I picked up an accessory, and the game gave me a tutorial on how to equip it. Shortly after, as part of the main quest, I had to buy an accessory from a shop, at which point I was given the same tutorial on how to equip it. Why bother showing it the first time?

Overall really enjoying it and can't wait to play more tomorrow.
    You can disable tutorial in menu

Anyway just got the game + 2 posters + some cards i can send to other people from vacation.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problems are

No art cancelling unless unlocked later making combat feel a lot more slow than 2

No instant autos so cant stutter attack like in 2

You can still throw a rock but the game doesnt show or tell you

No potions so eunies healing is pretty bad on longer fights

Pretty muddy to look at. Really needs to be on a better system

Seems like doing side quests are going to over level the shit out of you once again

Only did like 3 hours so we'll see after my 12-15 hour session tomorrow
    You have to unlock art cancelling in 2 as well, so I don't see how that point makes it feel slower. Unless you're comparing mid to endgame of Xenoblade 2 to the beginning of Xenoblade 3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You have to unlock art cancelling in 2 as well, so I don't see how that point makes it feel slower. Unless you're comparing mid to endgame of Xenoblade 2 to the beginning of Xenoblade 3.
    People complained 2s combat was too slow in the beginning but its acutally really fast with narcipear jelly and stutter attacks so i feel its weird its a little slower than 2 right now

People complained 2s combat was too slow in the beginning but its acutally really fast with narcipear jelly and stutter attacks so i feel its weird its a little slower than 2 right now
    It's probably slower because you can freely switch between characters mid battle now, giving people windows to do their own manual setups instead of relying on the AI.

10+ Year Old Account
    God dammit nintendo --- refuses to take my credit card so i had go buy pre-paid on some old site where i was buying 3ds ones so i could even buy the expansion pass.