Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    This game doesnt need that every single new class added can tank. I wish no more tank classes.

I expect the next class is a pure dps, with 2 ranged and 1 melee specs.
    Game consistently has a lack of tanks in everything. The more classes with access to tanking even as off spec, the better

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Game consistently has a lack of tanks in everything. The more classes with access to tanking even as off spec, the better
    This isn't true. Having a new tank class doesn't create new tanks. Maybe for the first week or two that a new tank class is available you'll have a bunch of terrible players doing it "for the lulz" but over the course of an entire expansion the same exact tank shortage occurs. I mean fuck, even right now with BDK's doing actual DPS damage they still aren't popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I wasn't 100% serious, I'm sorry. It's just everyone forgets about monk just like Blizzard haha.

And my point was more like: we don't need another tank class. It's more about refining what we have already and making the tank role in general more appealing.
    I would counter-argue, as someone who likes tanking and ranged DPS but dislikes the Balance playstyle, that we do need another class that can tank and do ranged DPS. We have numerous tank/melee dps, tank/heals, heal/melee dps, heal/ranged dps, melee/ranged dps. We have only one class that can tank/ranged dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Why? Cos mail users will finally have a tank class - and it's dragons man, surely they can tank
    Every new class has had a tank spec...isn't it obvious there aren't a lot of people who want to tank?

Tank specs are rather limited in that they all have to play somewhat differently while all adapting to the same principle of mitigation. It isnt like dps either where they can have long drawn out mitigation wow demands heavy mitigation and quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Every new class has had a tank spec...isn't it obvious there aren't a lot of people who want to tank?
    Yeh, but that may/will never change. Even if it's niche, it can be worth having for those who like it (and there are those who paly nothing else, and actually desire something new. Many who like dps specs, but want a tank spec in their class to occasionally try something different. , and having something different.

WE definitely needed more range specs, so Evoker range is welcome, would be nice to see DH get a range spec too fleshed out.

I`d rather have the Dracthyr be available to more classes, some of which would include tanks.
    It`s fine to have classes that can`t fulfill a tank role, but it`s immensely restrictive to limit a new race to only a single class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    I`d rather have the Dracthyr be available to more classes, some of which would include tanks.
    It`s fine to have classes that can`t fulfill a tank role, but it`s immensely restrictive to limit a new race to only a single class.
    I mean just giving them warriors would instantly give Dracthyr all roles.

Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    The idea between the different tanks right now is due to their "fantasy". Plate wearers tank by taking the blows, blocking them and moving on while leather wearers tank by dodging them. Not sure how a mail wearer tank "fantasy" would play out. A mix of both? Seems odd to me personally.
    That's not true anymore since... I think Legion? Dodging is pretty neglectable in the grad scheme of things. Neither DHs nor BMs nor bears really tank through dodging, instead they stagger, parry or just tank hits through increased life pools. Sure, they still have the ability to dodge, but that's not that important anymore.

Also true. Many people dont realise that visage form fir Dracthyr, is not a disguise, it's part of the humanoid side of their race makeup.
    Repeating a wrong ascertion ad infinitum doesn't make it less wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    ... what lore did you read? at no given point has a DEMON HUNTER used ranged weapons or any direct range spells in wowlore, sure there was some spells in WC3 that was effectively Ranged spells, but Demon hunters has those already.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Demon_hunter - There is nothing about any range being CORE.

if your on about the Demon hunters from Diablo, they are DIFFRENT KIND OF demon hunters who has nothing to do with Warcraft at all.
    While that is absolutely true, Demon Hunter lore was malleable (as was proven with the Illidan novel). We have Demon Hunters who used to be mages before they joined; they could have evolved into casters. They could have added more races and just show them in the novel and then in game (broken and fel orc? to make them one per faction). Heck they could have even added archer Demon Hunters if they wanted and find a way to base them in lore; Illidan did carry a bow after all for some reason

10+ Year Old Account
    Also true. Many people dont realise that visage form fir Dracthyr, is not a disguise, it's part of the humanoid side of their race makeup.
    Uh, that’s not true at all. It’s called a visage form because it’s the same magic used by dragons like Alexstraza and Wrathion when they enter visage form. Their true form is their draconic form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I would counter-argue, as someone who likes tanking and ranged DPS but dislikes the Balance playstyle, that we do need another class that can tank and do ranged DPS. We have numerous tank/melee dps, tank/heals, heal/melee dps, heal/ranged dps, melee/ranged dps. We have only one class that can tank/ranged dps.
    See, this is why I was really hoping for a Shaman tank spec. It would hit so many checkboxes for what I'd like to see in a tank: Uses shields, has ranged/healing specs, fits well with established lore, mail wearing, can cast hero, and has a speed up mechanism to help with tanking other incoming mobs. Plus, a totem setup to assist with tanking would be a super fun way to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    See, this is why I was really hoping for a Shaman tank spec. It would hit so many checkboxes for what I'd like to see in a tank: Uses shields, has ranged/healing specs, fits well with established lore, mail wearing, can cast hero, and has a speed up mechanism to help with tanking other incoming mobs. Plus, a totem setup to assist with tanking would be a super fun way to tank.
    Shaman tank spec would be great. Totems would make for great cooldowns and mitigation tools.

I'd love to see them and Warlocks get tanking specs. That way you'd have 3 classes that could R dps and tank.

Though I have wondered a few times why that is so rare (barring Druids)..... possibly because being able to switch to a ranged dps on fights you aren't needed to tank makes for an easier raid makeup (since ranged are often preferable) that it would make more raids push for that. I don't see them pushing for Druids except when they are strong as tanks, so maybe it wouldn't, but I wonder if that thought went into Blizzard's decision to not make any more like that (yet).

Why? Cos mail users will finally have a tank class - and it's dragons man, surely they can tank
    Every new class so far has been tank/melee - we don't need more of the same.

Having a healer/ranged is perfect finally.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, that’s not true at all. It’s called a visage form because it’s the same magic used by dragons like Alexstraza and Wrathion when they enter visage form. Their true form is their draconic form.
    Dragons are not part humanoid, part dragon, they are fully dragon, taking the form of a humanoid is purely a disguise for them.

This isnt the case for drwcthyr and their dracthyr visage form is it's own humanoid race with features not present in any race, it's not a disguise of human or blood elf despite the similarity.

However, I never said Dracthyr didnt have the magical capability to disguise themselves as a human or any race, Turalyon is afraid there are dragons disguised around, however dracthyr form is not such a thing.

You turn into the same visage form, you cant alter it at will like a dragon can their disguise, because it's not that kind ofmdisguise for dracthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Every new class so far has been tank/melee - we don't need more of the same.

Having a healer/ranged is perfect finally.
    We've also never had a ranged/healer/tank class either...to use the same argument

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    The problem is not that there aren't enough tank specs, there aren't enough players who want to tank. (Due to the amount of responsibility and/or taking abuse from the entire group in case even the slightest thing goes wrong)

They've added multiple tank specs to the game, yet that didn't solve the shortage (Not even partially), i think that means something.

Having one tank of each, I'm glad there is no new tank spec. It's selfish and I like the idea of tank dragon too, but I am old and tired and have 39 alts already and I don't want more.

And as a note, what people want don't have to be universal truths, they can be subiective selfish reasons.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2022-08-05 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Didn't Ion or someone at Blizz say the same about DH? Like, that they were thinking about 3rd spec and it's been almost 2 expansions now.
    Ion didn't say they'll maybe do it later. He was asked in an interview (was it Towelliee?) if a melee spec is a possibility, and he responded (not a direct quote, but close): "Since he has learned to never say never, he's giving it like a 3 out of 10 chance". So basically: we won't outright deny it, because who knows what happens in 10 years time, but for now, it's very, very unlikely. Pretty sure nobody at Blizzard is giving this idea a thought at the moment.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-08-05 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragons are not part humanoid, part dragon, they are fully dragon, taking the form of a humanoid is purely a disguise for them.

This isnt the case for drwcthyr and their dracthyr visage form is it's own humanoid race with features not present in any race, it's not a disguise of human or blood elf despite the similarity.

Feel free to post a quote from Blizzard saying this. Throughout their developer interviews, they repeatedly called Dracthyr dragons, and when you enter Stormwind and/or Orgrimmar, your dracthyr is called a dragon repeatedly, and you aren't trusted. Nowhere are they ever called "half-dragons" or anything other than dragons or dracthyr.

However, I never said Dracthyr didnt have the magical capability to disguise themselves as a human or any race, Turalyon is afraid there are dragons disguised around, however dracthyr form is not such a thing.
    Its in the opening questlines. When you arrive in Stormwind, Wrathion says that like other dragons, the dracthyr can assume a visage form to make themselves more acceptable to the mortal races. In other words, the dracthyr are capable of taking on a mortal visage EXACTLY like the dragons do.

You turn into the same visage form, you cant alter it at will like a dragon can their disguise, because it's not that kind ofmdisguise for dracthyr.
    Except you can't do that until you get to Stormwind and you encounter the mortal races. If they were part mortal, why would they not be able to use their visage forms until they actually see the mortal races? Why would Wrathion explicitly say that the Dracthyr need to use their visage forms to mingle with mortal races just like other dragons do?