Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Getting infracted in this thread by Edge is sort of the most hilarious things to be experienced considering how infractable it itself is.
    The entire moderation here is crazy random, you have people getting infracted for harmless jokes, asking if the game is out already, quoting users who ask themselves for proof of their own dishonesty, and whatnot, meanwhile you have a guy who’s posting history consists on “YOU JUST KNOW DON’T KNOW ANYTHING!”, that just openly admitted that his here just to waste people time, and that’s entirely fucking fine…. Fun part is, by pointing this out, you are risking another infraction for discussing such topic here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    The entire moderation here is crazy random, you have people getting infracted for harmless jokes, asking if the game is out already, quoting users who ask themselves for proof of their own dishonesty, and whatnot, meanwhile you have a guy who’s posting history consists on “YOU JUST KNOW DON’T KNOW ANYTHING!”, that just openly admitted that his here just to waste people time, and that’s entirely fucking fine…. Fun part is, by pointing this out, you are risking another infraction for discussing such topic here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Literally admitted being paid by CIG to post and nothing happens ;D
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    the game isnt released so there isnt anything wrong.
    According to CIG the game has already been released indeed, in early access, in 2016: When a UK citizen filed for a County Court Judgement against CIG demanding a refund around a year ago or so, CIG claimed the game had been released as early access in 2016 and therefore a refund wasn't warranted.

Here an extract of the response by CIG to the refund claim:
    “Star Citizen” is a community-funded online video game project which was launched in early development in 2012 and moved into (playable Alpha) Early Access in 2016.

I don´t know how many more posts I need to be able to post links but maybe I can pass them to someone else via pm if interested.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2022-08-06 at 01:00 PM.

According to you a scam is a game you can play right now and has more content than many others currently available and you barely even need to spend 50 bucks on the game to play it. You are seriously delusional at this point.

Crewing a ship in a game is far different to crewing a ship in real life, the number for max crew is real life estimate to run a ship 24hrs a day, i know what im talking about you are just talking nonsense. You will never need max crew on the large ships ever as most ppl will have nothing to do most of the time.

I come to waste the time of posters who cant do anything other than hate other projects, just like your only reason is to show your clear lack of knowledge about everything.
    Hmm, FF14(since it is an MMO and comparable due to that) has far more content then this and has been in active development, since you know, it is an MMO, for as long as Star Citizen has been. Somehow, SE has released the game, re-released it due to problems, and released 4 full featured xpacs and the game is still growing in size.

Outside of the fact that Chris Roberts can't handle feature creep properly, there is no reason why the game is still in active alpha development with the bugs and problems that it comes with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    According to CIG the game has already been released indeed, in early access, in 2016: When a UK citizen filed for a County Court Judgement against CIG demanding a refund around a year ago or so, CIG claimed the game had been released as early access in 2016 and therefore a refund wasn't warranted.

Here an extract of the response by CIG to the refund claim:

I don´t know how many more posts I need to be able to post links but maybe I can pass them to someone else via pm if interested.
    A version of it is technically released, i consider the current alpha as a game in its own right because it does offer a whole lot more than many games i have bought and played.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Hmm, FF14(since it is an MMO and comparable due to that) has far more content then this and has been in active development, since you know, it is an MMO, for as long as Star Citizen has been. Somehow, SE has released the game, re-released it due to problems, and released 4 full featured xpacs and the game is still growing in size.

Outside of the fact that Chris Roberts can't handle feature creep properly, there is no reason why the game is still in active alpha development with the bugs and problems that it comes with.
    Content is subjective and a large amount of content for SC isnt in the game or fully complete yet, also SC doesnt have levels so all content will be relevant where games with levels older content becomes irrelevant. FF14 is also a completely different game and genre and has had multiple expansions to expand its systems and things to do and its been in development for 15-16 years including the previous version and expansion.

So you see no reason why its still in active development, you do know how large scale the game is right, it is many times larger than the largest games available, bugs dont all get fixed in an alpha and atm the game runs pretty good most of the time with little to no issues.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Content is subjective
    No it is not.

Technically it is a scam in the sense that people who are crowd funding it are expecting a finished product at some point. However, because of the wording around the campaign and how they have defined the game itself, they have made it impossible to defined "finished product". Basically, what they are calling finished product is basically some level of a working game, but not a finished product. So as long as they keep releasing something, no matter how small or large, they are delivering product, even if it isn't a working final product. Most people calling it a scam are doing so because they don't believe that all the promises will ever be kept because they are too grand and ambitious ever to be implemented, even with almost $1 Billion dollars invested.

Or put it this way, if you were a Venture Capitalist and someone asked you for hundreds of millions of dollars to invest in an advanced space sim with elements never seen before in gaming, based on cutting edge technology that has to be developed from scratch, that hasn't been proven to work or even tested, would you do it? The bar for investing in such a thing from a VC is a lot higher than what they have set for this crowdfunding campaign and a lot of people see it as a long shot no matter how they get their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Getting infracted in this thread by Edge is sort of the most hilarious things to be experienced considering how infractable it itself is.
    Yup, when you have a mod engaging a person who says:
    I come to waste the time of posters who cant do anything other than hate other projects, just like your only reason is to show your clear lack of knowledge about everything.
    and no infraction happens it really baffles the mind as to what is going on in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess that is why this thread keeps on delivering in that the person in question hardly ever gets infracted despite being on the level of some of the more famous perma banned people on this site.

A version of it is technically released, i consider the current alpha as a game in its own right because it does offer a whole lot more than many games i have bought and played.
    According to CIG it is not just "technically" released but also commercially since it was used as legal argument to deny refunds. Although the market seems completely unawares of the fact. CIG has gone to great lengths to avoid a public admission of release. Shame, because the actual Early Access reviews could put that personal opinion of yours about its quality to the test. As it stands it is just your very personal view I am afraid.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2022-08-06 at 04:52 PM.

Best space game ever is Asteroids. You can't tell me otherwise. Simple to learn, hard to master.

Really is hard to defend a game that looks that fucking terrible. As some of the comments say it is really starting to look dated (ignoring how janky it is). The AI is far far far away from being decent. This is what they have to show after 10 years of work? And people have faith in this and keep tossing them money too. I just don't understand the world.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "AI is meant to be bad and never as good as a real player! This is how it should be in the greatest space game, with the most content of any game ever while still in alpha."
    Yes yes we know! Geez!

But in all seriousness the amount of quotes about what the AI is supposed to be able to do at some point...Good fucking luck is all I have to say. If this is what they have to show after this many years they are doomed.

AI is so good that it looks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Really is hard to defend a game that looks that fucking terrible. As some of the comments say it is really starting to look dated (ignoring how janky it is). The AI is far far far away from being decent. This is what they have to show after 10 years of work? And people have faith in this and keep tossing them money too. I just don't understand the world.
    Seriously.

I'll make you a space game in Unity right now, everyone just buy my "Founders Pack". It'll literally be the best game ever and will release in 2024 no problem for sure totally. Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    AI is so good that it looks bad.
    Hey, at least the second and third NPC bandits in the video at least tried to find cover. That's an improvement over walking in place like a Final Fantasy Tactics character, right?

According to you a scam is a game you can play right now and has more content than many others currently available and you barely even need to spend 50 bucks on the game to play it. You are seriously delusional at this point.

Crewing a ship in a game is far different to crewing a ship in real life, the number for max crew is real life estimate to run a ship 24hrs a day, i know what im talking about you are just talking nonsense. You will never need max crew on the large ships ever as most ppl will have nothing to do most of the time.

You can play a lot of scam mmos/games that are out there. Promising you the world and in reality, it's some shit tier game. Hell, I wanna say @Kyanion particpated in a thread that kept track of one game. You probably eat up mobile games like Raid: Shadow Legends.

Why are you relating this to real life? You are so dense and inept, it's amazing.

So, you admit you add nothing of value. Save this post everyone whenever genius here posts.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I have never played it, but I like the galaxy map. I've literally got zero reflexes for first person shooting games. Actually, I’m more excited about Starfield, which will come out in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Hell, I wanna say @Kyanion particpated in a thread that kept track of one game.
    One of my most favorite and bizarre threads that EVER happened on this website.. Trials of Ascension had true scammy shit going on though. They had multiple people on their 'social media team' that came to threads to spout nonsense (and later admitted as much in the thread), they had people faking up MASSIVE forum traffic and generating hundreds if not thousands of fake people to make and talk in threads all with the same positive cult like tones. Ironically they ended up getting enough donations and crowdfunding they managed to hire 1 person to do some basic coding (because none of the 3 main people involved knew how to code, which was also juicy). Eventually it put out some crappy demo and a failed Steam launch before eventually dying off last I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I've literally got zero reflexes for first person shooting games.
    You'll be fine, the AI doesn't seem to move that much anway.
    Ahahahaha!