10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Would you be ok if I linked a video that discusses/criticizes the clip? To prove its existence? Actually, fuck it. I got some free time. I'll find the youtube short for you.
    You won't find it because it literally doesn't exist how you describe it.

Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-08-23 at 03:43 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you be ok if I linked a video that discusses/criticizes the clip? To prove its existence? Actually, fuck it. I got some free time. I'll find the youtube short for you.
    If it is something like a conservative youtuber who is complaining about the feminist or liberal agenda, then no thank you.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    What does this even MEAN?
    It means there are only two genders, male and political. So any issue that isn’t on the male side must be a political one.

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw a clip of this series where...

She-Hulk basically tells Bruce Banner she's better at anger management and better at being angry than him.

I will say this again.

She woman-splained being the Hulk and anger management. To the Hulk. With a serious face. Yeah, fuck off please. Bruce Banner even contemplated suicide to deal with his issues as the Hulk.
    Let’s assume she is saying she’s better at every thing then Bruce, if he had to contemplate suicide because he couldn’t deal with his anger that would prove her right, not being able to control his anger is a core part of the hulk because he has another personality which is a angry child hulks that aren’t banner don’t have that problem.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You won't find it because it literally doesn't exist how you describe it.

wahey, you found it, that's the one! Right right right. I'm supposed to believe a mortal woman who JUST got her Hulk powers is INFINITELY BETTER than the Hulk at controlling anger. Of course she is. Because she says so, right? Or am I supposed to believe that mortal problems such as being "cat-called" are comparatively close to having Gamma radiation messing around with the very fabric of your DNA?
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2022-08-23 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't, because it doesn't exist, and I really don't want the thread cluttered up by a Youtuber lying about shit to push a political agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can't, because it doesn't exist, and I really don't want the thread cluttered up by a Youtuber lying about shit to push a political agenda.
    Are you blind, man? The clip is literally right on top of your post. Press play. It's right there. Some fine chap found it for me and saved me the hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    wahey, you found it, that's the one! Right right right. I'm supposed to believe a mortal woman who JUST got her Hulk powers is INFINITELY BETTER than the Hulk at controlling anger. Of course she is. Because she says so, right?
    She literally doesn't say that. She does not say "infinitely better". She says "infinitely more." It's a comment on how often she's societally expected to control her anger. Not that she's better at it, or can control it "harder" than Bruce. That's where you folks start making shit up to lie and push the agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you blind, man? The clip is literally right on top of your post. Press play. It's right there. Some fine chap found it for me and saved me the hassle.
    And that clip contradicts you, directly. It clearly demonstrates that you are lying. I'm not blind. You're misrepresenting what was said

She literally doesn't say that. She does not say "infinitely better". She says "infinitely more." It's a comment on how often she's societally expected to control her anger. Not that she's better at it, or can control it "harder" than Bruce. That's where you folks start making shit up to lie and push the agenda.
    Not everyone who disagrees with you on anything has an agenda man. Get off your high horse. The fact she had the AUDACITY to even COMPARE herself to Bruce Banner is enough of a reason for me not to watch this bullshit show. She should be bowing down and listening to Earths Strongest Avenger. Not chastising him.

Tell me, if Mike Tyson walks into the room and starts talking about boxing, do you shut the fuck up and take notes? Or do you start arguing with him about jabs, hooks and footwork? What if Christiano Ronaldo or Pele walk in and start discussing football? Cause that's what's happening here.

7+ Year Old Account
    wahey, you found it, that's the one! Right right right. I'm supposed to believe a mortal woman who JUST got her Hulk powers is INFINITELY BETTER than the Hulk at controlling anger. Of course she is. Because she says so, right? Or am I supposed to believe that mortal problems such as being "cat-called" are comparatively close to having Gamma radiation messing around with the very fabric of your DNA?
    Of course she is she doesn’t have a split personality that she pushes all of her child hood trauma into leaving it an under developed child with anger issues who fights for control of her body with the help of Gamma making the other personality stronger.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone who disagrees with you on anything has an agenda man. Get off your high horse. The fact she had the AUDACITY to even COMPARE herself to Bruce Banner is enough of a reason for me not to watch this bullshit show. She should be bowing down and listening to Earths Strongest Avenger. Not chastising him.

Tell me, if Mike Tyson walks into the room and starts talking about boxing, do you shut the fuck up and take notes? Or do you start arguing with him about jabs, hooks and footwork?
    I wouldn't listen to Mike Tyson if he treated me like I must know nothing solely because he is Mike Tyson.

A good teacher doesn't assume that their student knows nothing, but rather attempts to get a baseline of their ability. Bruce assumed Jen had absolutely no ability to control her anger. Bruce assumed Jen would want to be a hero, without asking her.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it impossible? The Hulk powers have nothing to do with increased anger. It is a reaction to anger and other emotions.
    Becoming the Hulk doesn't alter your emotions, merely causes a change when you don't control the right ones.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone who disagrees with you on anything has an agenda man. Get off your high horse.
    What other possible explanation is there for intentionally lying about this?

The fact she had the AUDACITY to even COMPARE herself to Bruce Banner is enough of a reason for me not to watch this bullshit show. She should be bowing down and listening to Earths Strongest Avenger. Not chastising him.
    He's literally her cousin, and they've been close since well before any Hulk nonsense existed. The family dynamic in the show is incredibly well done. What you're describing there is absolute nonsense.

Tell me, if Mike Tyson walks into the room and starts talking about boxing, do you shut the fuck up and take notes? Or do you start arguing with him about jabs, hooks and footwork?
    Is Mike Tyson my close cousin? Is he telling me something I'm already well familiar with like I don't know it already which is very basic and has essentially nothing to do with his boxing career?

Because both of those have to be true for this to be a legitimate comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    How do you get the scene in one aspect but trip that badly later on?

First off, it wouldn't matter WHO she said it to, this was the reaction that was going to happen. And her reasons behind the infinitely more line is literally explained. She is telling him, I don't have to learn it because I already know it. Bruce had to learn it after his transformation, Jen doesn't. That's what she is referring to, because Bruce didn't know it until after he transformed, Jen feels that must mean because he never had to control his anger until after he turned. Ergo, she has had to control her anger more often and the "infinitely more" is hyperbole (obviously) said out of frustration because Bruce is being overcautious to protect her and others alongside that Bruce was not listening to her because of those concerns.
    So, you think the reaction would be the same if she said this to a SA victim? Or a victim of domestic abuse who was subjected to it for years? Would it have been received the same if she said this to another woman with her same experiences yet went thru either of the scenarios I mentioned above?
    Context matters. She said this to someone who is a victim of domestic abuse, whose father killed his mother, who can’t have a normal relationship, and who was hunted for years. Saying that she deals with controlling her anger if infinitely more than he does is wrong. Their experiences are not the same and are not comparable, but that’s exactly what her reply to him does.

7+ Year Old Account

Tell me, if Mike Tyson walks into the room and starts talking about boxing, do you shut the fuck up and take notes? Or do you start arguing with him about jabs, hooks and footwork? What if Christiano Ronaldo or Pele walk in and start discussing football? Cause that's what's happening here.
    You do know that Tyson has been rather out spoken about how he was under developed on many levels due to his life style as a boxer and has been talking to people for years about it as he tries to develop further into a more rounded person. He’s like a perfect example of why what Jen is saying is right he didn’t deal with his own issues until it was to late and has been trying to pick up those pieces for years just like Bruce and other more rounded people don’t have to do the same.

What other possible explanation is there for intentionally lying about this?

He's literally her cousin, and they've been close since well before any Hulk nonsense existed. The family dynamic in the show is incredibly well done. What you're describing there is absolute nonsense.

Is Mike Tyson my close cousin? Is he telling me something I'm already well familiar with like I don't know it already which is very basic and has essentially nothing to do with his boxing career?

Because both of those have to be true for this to be a legitimate comparison.
    I literally said "If Mike Tyson comes in and talks about BOXING". The one thing he was a Champion of. Do you think you have more knowledge/boxing experience than Mike Tyson? If so, you're delusional dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you will quote, quote accurately.

"Because I do it infinitely MORE than you"

Not better, more often.

Not better than any man. Not even more than any man. More than Bruce.

Bruce didn't confront his anger before becoming the Hulk. Jennifer has.

Also. Think about anger management of the typical person (not gender specific). Do you think the average neurotypical person has anger issues? Have you ever had a moment when anger was rising up in you, but you knew the situation would not benefit from it, so you calmed yourself down? Have you ever felt the need to express your anger in a healthy way, rather than bottling it up? Great! You do not have anger issues, and can control yourself like Jenn does. But if your constant state is suppressing your anger, and it just builds and builds, and you can never feel at peace, then you might be like Bruce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So, you think the reaction would be the same if she said this to a SA victim? Or a victim of domestic abuse who was subjected to it for years? Would it have been received the same if she said this to another woman with her same experiences yet went thru either of the scenarios I mentioned above?
    Context matters. She said this to someone who is a victim of domestic abuse, whose father killed his mother, who can’t have a normal relationship, and who was hunted for years. Saying that she deals with controlling her anger if infinitely more than he does is wrong. Their experiences are not the same and are not comparable, but that’s exactly what her reply to him does.
    First off, yes, absolutely the reaction we are talking about would happen the same. You are naïve if you think otherwise. A large portion of the complaint isn't who she said it to, but rather she is "parroting political talking points." It wouldn't matter who she said it to. People are justifying the anger because she said it to Bruce like it someone makes their point valid.

Newsflash, if it is merely who she said it to, what she said wouldn't be an issue. Because people are complaining about what she said, the who does not matter.

Yes, context matters, but that's not what people who are making your argument care about because the context here is we don't know what Jen knows about Bruce's past. Just because she is a cousin doesn't mean she knows everything about his past. So, judging Jen on viewer knowledge is dishonest. You cannot say "Context matters" when you are adding context to the scene that is not there to make your argument.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally said "If Mike Tyson comes in and talks about BOXING". The one thing he was a Champion of. Do you think you have more knowledge/boxing experience than Mike Tyson? If so, you're delusional dude.
    I never claimed to have more boxing experience than Tyson.

But Bruce isn't talking about being a Hulk, or how to fight monsters, in this scene. Which is what would be comparable to your Tyson example. You keep manipulating things and drawing false equivalences, while continuing to lie about the scene itself's details.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are misrepresenting your own point here.

She stated very forwardly that she is not interested in being the Hulk.

"Mike Tyson walks into the room and starts talking about boxing, do you shut the fuck up and take notes?"
    No, i'm not interested in being a boxer. However if the discussion was about anger, your point would stand.

"Christiano Ronaldo or Pele walk in and start discussing football?"
    Again, no, i'm not interested in being a professional futball player. However if their discussion was about anger, your point would stand.

"Cause that's what's happening here."
    This is literally not what is happening here.

Hulk might be a great fighter, and Bruce is a brilliant scientist. But he is absolutely shit at controlling his anger. Hence when him trying to teach it, is like a student trying to teach someone who has far more experience in the actual field of study.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    She-Hulk basically tells Bruce Banner she's better at anger management and better at being angry than him.

She woman-splained being the Hulk and anger management. To the Hulk. With a serious face. Yeah, fuck off please. Bruce Banner even contemplated suicide to deal with his issues as the Hulk.
    Hulk: "it's not one or the other Jen. I am trying to show you that we can live between what we want and what is. But we can't pretend like we are two of the few people on Earth that can actually protect her which is why we have to make sure of your ability to tolerate the stress and regulate your emotions especially your anger"

Jen: "well here's the thing Bruce I'm great at controlling my anger. I do it all the time. When I'm catcalled in the street, when incompetent men explain my own area of expertise to me I do it pretty much every day because if I don't I will get called emotional or difficult or might just literally get murdered so I'm an expert at controlling my anger because I do it infinitely more than you"

that is the EXACT quote, word for word. please, tell me where EXACTLY does she say that she is better than the Hulk at anything with regards to anger management?

oh you can't find it? that's because it doesn't exist.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-08-23 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You do know that Tyson has been rather out spoken about how he was under developed on many levels due to his life style as a boxer and has been talking to people for years about it as he tries to develop further into a more rounded person. He’s like a perfect example of why what Jen is saying is right he didn’t deal with his own issues until it was to late and has been trying to pick up those pieces for years just like Bruce and other more rounded people don’t have to do the same.
    Absolutely exactly correct.