Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The problem with the Leveling Roulette in XIV is that XIV doesn't really utilize it all that well, either. You do it once a day for the bonus and then the XP doesn't scale at all so there's no reason to do it again since you'll be killing level 16 mobs at level 71 or whatever.

So you end up just spamming your highest level dungeon over and over just like in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Not everyone is doing the whole crafted gear, anima, valor, legendary etc "pimp my char" the moment they ding 60. Some players just play the game without any preparation whatsoever.

You'd think that normal dungeons should have exactly zero lv60 players in them. But there are still people doing them at max level, with absolutely trash geared chars who can't even queue for heroics. These people would be the target audience and I believe they'd be happy for a wider variety of dungeons to play. And if they help popping the queue for leveling player faster, what's not to like?
    I'd disagree with that because (using this tier as an example) even ZM dailies give gear that is vastly superior to what drops out of normal dungeons... and you get that pretty much just for logging into the game. This suggestion just seems fully unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post

This would be a balance nightmare especially with trinkets. Some of them would be op no matter the iLvl
    Yes, but it would be nice if they manage to balance it some way.

Yeah, FFXIV isn't for me, but there's a lot of features that I'd love to see it carry over to WoW.

This kind of exists in wow. Pick an expansion that is unpopular for leveling and queue for dungeons and after a certain amount of time it will expand the queue to all dungeons.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    You wont get much support here if you suggest adding incentives for players to run queued content, particularly if the incentive lets the player acquire high level gear. So I don't see that part of the FF14 leveling roulette working in WoW.

However, what someone else above mentioned could work. Get rid of the "incentivize max level characters" bit entirely and simply open up the "random" part of the random dungeons to include all chromie time dungeons. IE: if I pick WoD to level through and decide to run a dungeon, if I pick random, it uses all chromie eligible expansions instead of only WoD. for Bonus points, add a drop down to let us filter out dungeon pools by expansion.

While not helping as much as it could, I do think it would at least help a little re: queue times for leveling characters running dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    The problem with the Leveling Roulette in XIV is that XIV doesn't really utilize it all that well, either. You do it once a day for the bonus and then the XP doesn't scale at all so there's no reason to do it again since you'll be killing level 16 mobs at level 71 or whatever.

So you end up just spamming your highest level dungeon over and over just like in WoW.
    There's also this. Though at least that first run is better than nothing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    This kind of exists in wow. Pick an expansion that is unpopular for leveling and queue for dungeons and after a certain amount of time it will expand the queue to all dungeons.
    Did not know this. Hell if this already happens then it'd be super easy to implement- remove the delay (or add an option to) to include all dungeons and bobs your uncle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

It already exists in a few incarnations. A lot of people use it because there's no real alternative (without massively longer wait times), and they groan nearly half the time when they see which dungeon they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    Random Leveling Dungeon Queue.

I love this in FFXIV because it keeps ALL the dungeons alive and relevant and helps new players find groups faster for their dungeons. All they would have to do to incentivize it but not make it feel mandatory is offer some Valor or something as the reward for doing a few of them per week.

Have it work like time walking, and sync you down to the level and gear for the dungeon or like Normal mode sync where people's healing damage etc is reflective for the level.

I just would love to do some of the old dungeons again outside of Timewalking and I enjoy helping new players out but the only way I can help them in dungeons is to go in on my max lvl toons and do it for them. Its not helping them learn.
    Sounds like a pretty good system, though Blizzard's got a thing for not making group-finder enabled stuff reward anything noteworthy for a while now.
    Which is kind of a pity, since it makes access to content so much more convenient.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

It's a decent idea, but gear scaling is a problem. You need to translate endgame player stats in to something appropriate for leveling (like pvp templates?), which would make it feel shitty, when you suddenly have 5% haste, instead of 25%, or any geared dps/healer will be able to just solo the dungeon. You can almost do that in timewalking already, and they are heroic dungeons, not super forgiving leveling normals.
    Last edited by Echeyakee; 2022-08-29 at 06:02 PM.

They should also take the deterministic approach from FF14. You know when your doing gearing by X date and we should know when we are done to move onto another game or take a break. Also this is a live service game i expect updates on a regular basis and work put in to balance trinkets or items from previous content.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Waste of resources for a feature that'll barely get used. Pass.
    There is an argument to be made that greater attention placed on older dungeons, may allow them to poinpoint trouble areas for future
    integration into a mythic+ setting.

A rework of all the dungeons prior to the implementation of mythic+ may serve to make any such transition easier in the future.
    I believe players would also welcome their addition into a broader pool of available dungeons during a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    There is an argument to be made that greater attention placed on older dungeons, may allow them to poinpoint trouble areas for future
    integration into a mythic+ setting.

A rework of all the dungeons prior to the implementation of mythic+ may serve to make any such transition easier in the future.
    I believe players would also welcome their addition into a broader pool of available dungeons during a season.
    We already have that, unless you think that somehow M+ would be better served if it had 40 dungeons per season or something.

Job/Class change system for me... :B

making time walking dungeons arbitrarily limited was one of the most moronic design decisions blizz ever did for wow.

instead of making all the old dungeons relevant and available constantly blizz made it on some awful schedule so spread out you can never see the dungeons you like in relevant difficulty/rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    We already have that, unless you think that somehow M+ would be better served if it had 40 dungeons per season or something.
    Not 40 dungeons all in a single season, but it could be fun to have a dungeon from TBC, one from Cata, and a third from MoP all in one season.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    Random Leveling Dungeon Queue.

I love this in FFXIV because it keeps ALL the dungeons alive and relevant and helps new players find groups faster for their dungeons. All they would have to do to incentivize it but not make it feel mandatory is offer some Valor or something as the reward for doing a few of them per week.

Have it work like time walking, and sync you down to the level and gear for the dungeon or like Normal mode sync where people's healing damage etc is reflective for the level.

I just would love to do some of the old dungeons again outside of Timewalking and I enjoy helping new players out but the only way I can help them in dungeons is to go in on my max lvl toons and do it for them. Its not helping them learn.
    sounds like a good idea tbh, BUT the biggest issue I can find with dungeons at the moment when leveling, is peoples somewhat stupid idea of skipping bosses for "max exp" if your there for max exp, seriously, you need to just quest. this is something i've seen come up in newcomer chat where new people get super confused why people are skipping a boss in say freehold, which means they dont get to understand or even look at a boss. this is actully to a point where i've suggested to a new comer, to just ignore the dungeons and do the quests, which in it self is not great of an experience if your new to wow.

This might help some of it, as with older dungeons you cant really skip bosses, which would make it sort of a better experiance for new people, but it would also frustate some, for example occulus would be insanely annoying to do, as you'd have to teach new people about the vehicle mechanics/people leaving because it's occulus.

Not sure how they could implement this.

Too little rewards: no one would do it

Too good rewards: it'd become a daily chore

I would love going into Deadmines on my main and getting something out of it. Valor ? Justice ? Something I could grind on my main to send on my alts to gear them up would be awesome. FFXIV does it with poetics, you can complete stuff on max-level jobs to obtain those tomestones, and get BiS gear (at 50/60/70/80) on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    Not sure how they could implement this.

Too little rewards: no one would do it

Too good rewards: it'd become a daily chore

I would love going into Deadmines on my main and getting something out of it. Valor ? Justice ? Something I could grind on my main to send on my alts to gear them up would be awesome. FFXIV does it with poetics, you can complete stuff on max-level jobs to obtain those tomestones, and get BiS gear (at 50/60/70/80) on alts.
    Currently you have to be in one of the chromie times to queue for the dungeons of that expansion. Simply have another queue "char is not on chromie time = queue for every nhc dungeon in the game". Should be easy.

And there do not need to be any special rewards. Max level players today have only 8 nhc dungeons to run. If you do Shadowlands dungeons while leveling you meet them. I'm certain some of them would be happy to queue for a bigger variety. Max level players in nhc dungeons are one of the few groups of players who do the content they do just simply for fun since currently there is nothing of value to be gained in them. I'd be happy for them to have even more fun if they could queue for 80 dungeons instead of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Not 40 dungeons all in a single season, but it could be fun to have a dungeon from TBC, one from Cata, and a third from MoP all in one season.
    They've already gone on record to say that they're unlikely to bring anything back from before MoP. And this, again, just sounds like a feature that most players will say "wow that sounds cool," queue for a single dungeon then never use again.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelMadcow View Post
    The only feature I want from FFXIV to WoW is a mod, called Void List. I am able to completely erase any character I don't want to look at on my screen by adding them to Void List, and thus completely removing any trace of their presence. I usually do it to FCs with certain acronyms because they are attention starved. It would come handy in WoW as well.
    Chill no one is after you mate