Thread: Willow..... 2?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You stirred the hornet's nest, don't be surprised if people disagree with your opinion. No one forced you to come to this thread and read the complaints and express your opinion. Does it really matter whether the criticism is selective or not? You're not the arbiter of what can be criticized and what shouldn't be
    Never claimed that I am, but it makes you wonder how honest and genuine they are if they can criticize a new series over a single shot of a trailer and at the same time praise a movie that had so much silliness in it I wouldn't even know where to begin. But maybe they are not dishonest, maybe they are blind. (It proves my point, actually - that a good story will sell you anything - but they'd rather argue Star Wars was perfect instead of admitting that yeah, costumes don't matter if the story is good - and costumes don't save movies if the story is bad.)
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-06-15 at 06:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    im exited about it. i dont even care that people are wasting time pre hating it for something to do. watch it or dont. like it or dont. have an opinion or dont. but for gods sakes stop trying to badger everyone into telling you you are right about your particular view.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a thought -

If you think someone's comments are innane, toxic, irrelevant, stupid, etc. to the show/movie and/or your opinion - STOP quoting and STOP responding to them! I know...mind blown right?

That's how you leave bullshit/troll/whatever opinion out of a thread. You stop quoting and responding to it. The ONLY thing quoting and responding to that person does is continuing to derail the topic and fill the thread with the very bullshit you never wanted to discuss in the first place.

Just stop quoting and responding to it. Engage in the thread with those who are discussing in good faith - and ignore those that aren't.

Every time you re-quote the stupid thing you think is so horrible you're just giving more time and space to it and inviting more people to join in. Every. Damn. Time.

Just.. ignore it. Report it, block the person - but DO NOT QUOTE IT over AGAIN and keep the discussion on the same point going!! *facepalms*

Humans be so silly. Such an easy solution - so hard for so many, apparently.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread needs to stop bickering about interpersonal stuff and being off topic. Get back on discussing Willow (2).

5+ Year Old Account
    Willow | Official Trailer | Disney+

Lucasfilm
    Sep 10, 2022

This November, the magic returns✨ Watch the new trailer for #Willow, an epic new Original series streaming only on #DisneyPlus.

Surprised this hasn't gotten more hype. It honestly looks like a very fun watch. The magic and sorcery visuals look very cool imo.

wow, had no clue this was in the works, yet alone so near.

looking forward to it, sure seems like it will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Surprised this hasn't gotten more hype. It honestly looks like a very fun watch. The magic and sorcery visuals look very cool imo.
    Well it is a follow up to a movie noone has heard of so I imagine people aren't sure what to think yet.

I agree it does look cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Well it is a follow up to a movie noone has heard of so I imagine people aren't sure what to think yet.

I agree it does look cool though.
    Christ...posts like thhis make me feel reallly old.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Christ...posts like thhis make me feel reallly old.
    Ditto.
    One of best fantasy movies of the 80s and...gah!

Kids today

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ditto.
    One of best fantasy movies of the 80s and...gah!

Kids today
    Lol I'm not even that young I just never heard that movie mentioned or saw it on TV growing up. This series is the first I ever heard mention of it.

It was the first dvd I ever purchased.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it was revealed a while back, I was getting hyped, and even more now, as we are going into a universe most TV has forgotten - until now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Lol I'm not even that young I just never heard that movie mentioned or saw it on TV growing up. This series is the first I ever heard mention of it.
    Well, perhaps next time you can save us old guys some grief and say "I've never heard of this movie" instead of "No one has ever heard of this movie", lol.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Well, perhaps next time you can save us old guys some grief and say "I've never heard of this movie" instead of "No one has ever heard of this movie", lol.
    I'm sure it has a dedicated audience like all mediocre 80's movies but I've never heard it be talked about by anyone until now.

No madmartigan is a hard sell for me.

Hes the samwise to willow, literally carrying him on his back.

Willows restricted physical abilities with madmartigan being the scoundrel talented warrior using him for his own ends and ultimately caring for him and being his protector was the heart of the film. That trailer gives the impression Willow is now the all mighty sage bringing in new adventurers. More Op characters without clear weaknesses their partners help them overcome yaaay

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No madmartigan is a hard sell for me.

Hes the samwise to willow, literally carrying him on his back.

Willows restricted physical abilities with madmartigan being the scoundrel talented warrior using him for his own ends and ultimately caring for him and being his protector was the heart of the film. That trailer gives the impression Willow is now the all mighty sage bringing in new adventurers. More Op characters without clear weaknesses their partners help them overcome yaaay
    Willow is like a wizard or a sorcerer in a D&D game. In the movie he was level 1 and so he required the fighter (Madmartigan) to protect him. In this series, he's obviously a higher level and therefore not as dependant on others for protection...but he's still small, slow, and squishy.

Willow is like a wizard or a sorcerer in a D&D game. In the movie he was level 1 and so he required the fighter (Madmartigan) to protect him. In this series, he's obviously a higher level and therefore not as dependant on others for protection...but he's still small, slow, and squishy.
    I'm more talking about the tone and vibe is completely different. The original willow movie actually felt dangerous. Like those dogs fucking up dwarfs and trolls that looked like the stuff of nightmares and so the world seemed pretty dangerous for willow. This looks very whimsical. Each to thier own I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I'm more talking about the tone and vibe is completely different. The original willow movie actually felt dangerous. Like those dogs fucking up dwarfs and trolls that looked like the stuff of nightmares and so the world seemed pretty dangerous for willow. This looks very whimsical. Each to thier own I suppose
    The first movie was also very whimsical. It was also dangerous...it doesn't have to be one or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the first episode. I am undecided so far on whether I like it or not.

A issue I had right away was.......Why do some people have a european accent, and others have an american accent?! They all live in the same kingdom...this makes no sense.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.