Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    No matter what decision Blizzard makes, it's the wrong one. Also, the devs are incompetent and hate their players. This is a universal truth more self-evident than the sun rising in the east and setting in the west.
    Or you know, it's different people with different tastes making the same statements about different parts about the game and your brain has somehow combined all the complaints into a single group of people that never changes. But you've never been a good faith poster so this comes as no surprise to me.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Hi!

Just checking if the rumor is true, is dungeon finder removed from WOTLK when it arrives?

I don't want to pay a sub and level up just to see it's removed and stop playing.
    WOTLK didnt had RDF untill iCC was up

The simple reality is that this is the only major removal of a system they have done with the Classic releases and it was one of the defining systems of that expansion. It's a completely different thing to change how a seal works and things like that, but removing such a major system entirely is quite a shitty move. The worst part is, even if they do change their mind and bring it back (I think they will do 100% if they don't sort out the shitshow with the "megaservers"), by removing it in the first place they are bound to have a complete whingefest throughout the expansion's timeframe by whichever group is not happy. On the other hand, have they kept it in, even for 3.3, and just said "we are doing changes but not that deep" then nobody would have bat an eyelid. But that's modern Blizzard for you, screwing up things that don't need touching.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Or you know, it's different people with different tastes making the same statements about different parts about the game and your brain has somehow combined all the complaints into a single group of people that never changes. But you've never been a good faith poster so this comes as no surprise to me.
    Yes, I was being 100% serious in my obviously satirical take. You got me.

Listen man, I frankly don't give a shit what most people think about this game or the direction it's going. If I disagree with a take I'll respond in kind but I do take particular issue with the ones who insult the developers because their singular vision of what they feel Blizzard should do with the game wasn't realized. I'm not saying they're beyond reproach but this community is toxic as fuck.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-09-13 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Funny how the perception has changed.

When Classic launched and was confirmed to not group finder, people praised Blizz in angelic chorus for it.

Now they are the worst people who have ever taken breath on this planet for not putting it in WotLK Classic.
    Alot of people are against LFD still its like 50/50 maybe due to there is so many retail players playing classic now......

Stupid or not, they have added back the BG queue from anywhere now, with the extra sprinkle of letting you accept the popup even when in combat, unlike how it was in the original WotLK. So hopefully the original LFD tool is on the way soon

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    It is the developers that are toxic, not the community. It is the devs that cater to elitism. It is the devs that cater to solutions they deem popular because of a bias. It is the devs that messed up wow that much millions of player leave every single time a new expac is released, simply because they are blinded by bias not to add gameplay for many.

One of the last capers they did was to remove LFD from WotLK. Based on a silly bias it is "hurting the social aspects". The truth is the whole focus on premade grouping is parasocial bullshit which has only one reason to exist, and that is to create addicts (or "loyal customers", as the devs would call them).

The devs are outright incompetent. They do stupid decisions. Stupidity is a direct consequence of a missing morality. And based on the toxicity the devs show with their bias and how they melk their customers with ponzi schemes like boosting it is clear to me where that originates from. Afrasiabi was not the exception but the blueprint of how the brains of developers at blizzard entertainment work.
    Jesus man, I'd tell you to touch grass but I'm afraid you might think the phrase is being sponsored by Big Soil in an effort to convert people into lizardmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Then why is cantrip using it, saying "even around 88% of 33,000 players want a dungeon finder in all classic incarnations"?
    In the hopes that no one will notice and he can keep using it to justify wanting four bots to provide him dungeon runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    In the hopes that no one will notice and he can keep using it to justify wanting four bots to provide him dungeon runs.
    That post with the polls reminds me of this old webcomic. He even edited it and failed to correct the error, lol. This being said, even if it were used correctly, the older poll is not relevant anymore because the question was about the original Classic, not about WotLK Classic. I assume there's more than one person like me out there who wants RFD in WotLK Classic but didn't want it in the original Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Funny how the perception has changed.

When Classic launched and was confirmed to not group finder, people praised Blizz in angelic chorus for it.

Now they are the worst people who have ever taken breath on this planet for not putting it in WotLK Classic.
    As people have played through Classic and stuck with it,
    their opinions on their experiences with the game have changed.
    Many have quit playing, but those who have stuck with it have fresh perspectives on what they like and don't like with the older version of the game.

I don't think changing perspective over time should be denigrated.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:

"LF2M HEALER AND TANK FOR DAILY H" is not community.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:

"LF2M HEALER AND TANK FOR DAILY H" is not community.

talking to people is, sitting AFK for 30 minutes waiting for a automated system will never be

get over yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    talking to people is, sitting in LFG for 30 minutes spamming the chat will never be

get over yourself
    Fixed that for you

10+ Year Old Account
    talking to people is, sitting AFK for 30 minutes waiting for a automated system will never be

get over yourself
    I'm not saying "push button, receive instance" is.

The idea in Blizzard's head that there's this THING that happens when you manually create a group is a lie. They seem to think that people will want to stick around, do more, become best buddies, have bigger adventures, etc. The reality of it is most people just want to do their Daily H, or pug a Raid, and be done with it. I've never had anyone say "hey you interested in joining our guild?", I've had the occasional "lets do the other two heroics here", and almost never ran a raid with the same people more than once.

Did Kara last night with a pug, cleared it fast, got out, did a ZA with a different group, cleared it out fast, then did Gruul and Mag with a group. I'm probably never going to see any of them again.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

7+ Year Old Account

There was a thread already...
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Hi!

Just checking if the rumor is true, is dungeon finder removed from WOTLK when it arrives?

I don't want to pay a sub and level up just to see it's removed and stop playing.
    It's nto removed. It wasn't in the game at release the first time either.

- - - Updated - - -

get over yourself
    Prepare yourself to be wrong. I guarnatee Blizzard will add it later, just as they did the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    These talents and balancings weren't in the game at the start either. That is why this point doesn't hold weight. Clearly they put in the end game of WotLK from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Jesus man, I'd tell you to touch grass but I'm afraid you might think the phrase is being sponsored by Big Soil in an effort to convert people into lizardmen.
    There's no real conspiracy here considering that especially the classic devs keep feeding into the elitist aspect of the game with no concern for the "casual" player. That mentality seeped into retail as well with shadowlands. You don't see much outcry there anymore since most people just plain stopped caring.

There's little doubt that Blizzard is in the "milk all IPs for all they're worth mode" between diablo, warcraft, hearthstone and overwatch. What other reason would they have to add level boosts but not LFD? The former clearly contradicts the bs they're trying to feed us for not adding the latter. It all comes down to money and nothing else and they clearly are doing it to the detriment of the game and short term profits.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Prepare yourself to be wrong. I guarnatee Blizzard will add it later, just as they did the first time.
    They might add it later.

But this isn't 3.0.10. This is 3.4. It's supposed to NOT be starting at square one.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    There's little doubt that Blizzard is in the "milk all IPs for all they're worth mode" between diablo, warcraft, hearthstone and overwatch. What other reason would they have to add level boosts but not LFD?
    Because not all players returning for Classic have max level toons, and many are not interested in the leveling process? Because if they didn't offer level boosts there is a high probability that the number of players interested in returning to the game simply wouldn't exist? Because leveling boosts are effective monetization of a decades-old IP and they'd be out of their minds not to offer it?

Now -- you could argue that if Blizzard were truly altruistic they'd offer these services for free but we're talking about a Triple-A developer in God's year two-thousand-twenty-two, that ship sailed the minute they decided to develop WoW with a subscription cost. It's easy to check your brain in at the door and say "Blizzard only cares about money," but this argument kind of discounts the fact that they've always only been about the money. The only thing that's changed is your personal engagement with the product -- and honestly, if that's the case, the issue is more a you problem than a Blizzard problem. Whining about monetization on a forum and constructing elaborate conspiracies to excuse away your own tastes changing because you simply cannot cope is one of the most pointless things you can do with your free time.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard went out of their way to tell us that the RDF isn't coming in WotLK when they announced it. They wouldn't have done that if they intended to add it at a later patch.

It's extremely unlikely they'll be adding it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Is it me being insanely tired or does that 2nd image show 88.8% of people voting "no" for if they'd like a dungeon finder?
    Nope, thats exactly what it shows. 88% don't want it, but devs don't listen to anyone because they aren't giving that person what they want.