Thread: 2022 Midterms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/ohio...ssified-2022-9

Tell me if you've heard this one -

"Sure there's no public record of my claims, but I have private, top-secret documents that prove my claims. No, you can't see them."

That's Ohio GOP House candidate J.R. Majewski, after campaigning on his combat-duty in Afghanistan after 9/11...which media looked into and found no record of. He was in the middle east, but was not deployed in Afghanistan nor is there any record indicating he ever saw combat.

How he's claiming he's not lying, but he also can't prove it and nobody else can disprove it because it's a secret.

Fuckin lol.
    If I recall, after Shrub changed the rules for what qualifies as a "combat zone", him loading and unloading planes in Qatar counts as him being in a combat zone.
    Which is utter bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Democrats Turn Graham's Own National Abortion Ban Remarks Into Savage New Ad

There's enough time before the 2022 midterms that it's still either party's game, but so far the election is shaping up far differently than anyone expected a few months ago with Republicans' advantage evaporating.

It seems to all come down to reproductive choice, with unprecedented waves of newly registered female voters joining the rolls since the June 24 SCOTUS decision overturning Roe v. Wade even in the deepest-red states.

And it's put Republicans between a rock and a hard place, trying to appeal to the culture war fanaticism over abortion that is their brand, and the overwhelming support for reproductive rights by voters of both parties.

So far Republicans have chosen to respond to that conundrum with even more attacks on abortion, with Republican South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham leading the charge by proposing a stunningly unpopular nationwide 15-week abortion ban.

And the Democratic Party is ready to capitalize on Graham's all but certain miscalculation. In a new ad, the Party perfectly illustrates the stakes of this fall's election, using nothing but Graham's own misguided words.

Republican overreach when it comes to reproductive freedom have been spelling midterms doom for many prognosticators in recent weeks. But Graham's proposed bill seems to have set even many Republicans over the edge.

Even long-time Republican fixer Roger Stone has bashed Graham, calling his bill "willful sabotage" of the GOP's chances of controlling Congress.

There's still plenty of time for them to turn things around, but so far, things aren't looking good for Republicans.

Far-right military group plans to watch the ballot boxes in Arizona.

https://twitter.com/dburghart/status...84821484974080

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This mid-term election, the GOP picked some candidates that under normal circumstances are considere unelectable. Before the age of hyper-partisanship, they would have taken a bad drubbing with these candidates. Even in the age where party loyalty outweighs personal preferences, it is enough to swing some races from lean Republicans to even or lean Democrats.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/po...b-6c8791eca1e1

The good news is, that the majority of millennials (49%) and Gen Zers (67%) plan to vote for Beto. Beto also leads Abbott in Black voters (79%), and in Hispanic voters (53%), and has a 2% advantage over Abbott in woman voters. If they could just vote in large numbers, Beto would have a good chance.

It's just that Abbott has a BIG advantage in white voters (63%), that Beto might not be able to overcome.

So, it's boomers and Gen Xers who are ruining Texas.

I live in a battleground key Senate state. I pointed out to my co-worker recently that there is a CRAZY lack of signage in support of Republicans this election compared to any election in the last like 20 years. He agreed that he also noticed it. We both work in a VERY red county and need to travel through other red counties in order to get to work. So normally, there is a MASSIVE amount of signage out to get people out and voting for the Republican crooks and I noticed when the signs are there because I scoff at every one.

There has been a significant drought of scoffing this year.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    https://www.khou.com/article/news/po...b-6c8791eca1e1

The good news is, that the majority of millennials (49%) and Gen Zers (67%) plan to vote for Beto. Beto also leads Abbott in Black voters (79%), and in Hispanic voters (53%), and has a 2% advantage over Abbott in woman voters. If they could just vote in large numbers, Beto would have a good chance.

It's just that Abbott has a BIG advantage in white voters (63%), that Beto might not be able to overcome.

So, it's boomers and Gen Xers who are ruining Texas.
    Mostly running the country, if not by population then by position.

I don't see Beto pulling this off. Abbott is such a wretched criminal that he'll "win" no matter the vote count, using the new voter suppression laws the GQP put into place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I live in a battleground key Senate state. I pointed out to my co-worker recently that there is a CRAZY lack of signage in support of Republicans this election compared to any election in the last like 20 years. He agreed that he also noticed it. We both work in a VERY red county and need to travel through other red counties in order to get to work. So normally, there is a MASSIVE amount of signage out to get people out and voting for the Republican crooks and I noticed when the signs are there because I scoff at every one.

There has been a significant drought of scoffing this year.
    I know that at least in one state the GQP pulled an almost million dollar ad buy just last week. I can't recall the exact state and I can't find the news story - lots of links to pulled ad buys over the past couple of months.

Hopefully this means we'll at least hold onto the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Mostly running the country, if not by population then by position.

I don't see Beto pulling this off. Abbott is such a wretched criminal that he'll "win" no matter the vote count, using the new voter suppression laws the GQP put into place.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that at least in one state the GQP pulled an almost million dollar ad buy just last week. I can't recall the exact state and I can't find the news story - lots of links to pulled ad buys over the past couple of months.

Hopefully this means we'll at least hold onto the Senate.
    Ohio. The GOP candidate was lying about his military service record.

In general I read a few tweets that the Governor race for Texas and Georgia is over. Republicans likely will win those. Both I read had 8 point leads and even lets say if Beto and Abrams had a slim lead, I would doubt it.

Wisconsin is a toss up. I'm worried, don't know much about Dem candidate, yet an incumbent plus their new "crime is everywhere" take is how they will win with you know who. Florid is interesting but I have no confidence in Florida. Incumbent and in a sad way DeSantis may help. The most worrisome is Ohio and Georgia. Can't believe people would vote for Vance, in short the dude is scum. Georgia is just broken and is worse on every level with Walker.

Now above and anywhere else we can of course question the competence of the Democrat candidates. Maybe it's my bubble but idk how any of these while not great can be compared to some of these Republicans. Shows that states who hold the demographics and people who don't vote can hold these states that Democrats would have a chance. Once more the Democrats get NO pass here. They must work to win votes. Not expect people to vote, cause the other party is bad.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Ohio. The GOP candidate was lying about his military service record.
    That's right - thank you. Hopefully that means we'll get that seat. So nice to have the path made easier in a battleground state.

Donate to Charlie Crist.

He MUST defeat DeSantis in November.

https://charliecrist.com/

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Donate to Charlie Crist.

He MUST defeat DeSantis in November.

https://charliecrist.com/
    Boy, wouldn't that be awesome. DeSantis gunning for the big chair in D.C. but loses the medium one in Florida. Dare to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Wisconsin is a toss up. I'm worried, don't know much about Dem candidate, yet an incumbent plus their new "crime is everywhere" take is how they will win with you know who. Florid is interesting but I have no confidence in Florida. Incumbent and in a sad way DeSantis may help. The most worrisome is Ohio and Georgia. Can't believe people would vote for Vance, in short the dude is scum. Georgia is just broken and is worse on every level with Walker.
    Wisconsin will always be a tossup, but I have things to add.

1-My post just up the page about the signage.

2-There was a lot of vitriol in the primaries between two camps. Kleefish and Michel. Michel was the Trump-backed GOP Gov nomination and he won the primary. The vitriol between these two camps could hurt his election bid considering how razor-thin our elections always are. If a few thousand people turned out for Kleefish but were turned off by Michel supporters, that's a bad thing.

3-Democrats are solidly behind Mandela Barnes and the GOP is having difficulty attacking him. At this point, all ads against Mandela Barnes are going after him being soft on crime and the fucking cock suckers are using the Waukesha parade incident for their attack ads (you know, where a bunch of women, children, and old people were run down by someone fleeing a domestic abuse incident he was out on bail for, a bail granted by a Republican, Walker-appointed judge). So far, those ads are basically just scaring up a vote and I don't think they're going to be effective enough.

4-They've tried several other lines of attack against both Barnes and Evers and everything is falling somewhat flat. First it was gas prices, then it was the economy, now it's soft on crime.

5-Ron Johnson isn't liked in Wisconsin, he's tolerated. He was elected thanks to the Tea Party and anti-obama sentiment. He was then re-elected in 2016 because of Trump's presidential bid. This year is Ron Johnson's first true election where he isn't being propped up by some special bullshit and he's running in a race where the Elected Governor is the incumbent and he's running against a former state rep/lieutenant gov.

Boy, wouldn't that be awesome. DeSantis gunning for the big chair in D.C. but loses the medium one in Florida. Dare to dream.
    If 538 is correct, for the first time since 2010, Democrats will hold the majority of governorships after the 2022 mid-term.

This decision - Arizona Judge Approves Return To Civil War Era Strict Abortion Ban Law likely just tanked GOP chances of holding on to AZ governorship.

At this point, you can throw away all the polling in Arizona prior to this decision. They are worthless.

We have a Democratic candidate for attorney general, Kris Mayes. She won't prosecute any abortion ban violations. She thinks all these bans are unconstitutional.

Democrat Katie Hobbs is running for governor. She's been trying to get abortion at the forefront of the race for governor against Kari Lake. Lake is proudly against abortion.

In the Senate race, we have Blake Masters and Mark Kelly. Masters would support a total ban on abortion at a national level.

The GOP would like this election to be about inflation, immigration and crime. Instead, they will have to defend their position on abortion.

Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-09-27 at 04:28 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    If 538 is correct, for the first time since 2010, Democrats will hold the majority of governorships after the 2022 mid-term.

This decision - Arizona Judge Approves Return To Civil War Era Strict Abortion Ban Law likely just tanked GOP chances of holding on to AZ governorship.

At this point, you can throw away all the polling in Arizona prior to this decision. They are worthless.

We have a Democratic candidate for attorney general, Kris Mayes. She won't prosecute any abortion ban violations. She thinks all these bans are unconstitutional.

Democrat Katie Hobbs is running for governor. She's been trying to get abortion at the forefront of the race for governor against Kari Lake. Lake is proudly against abortion.

In the Senate race, we have Blake Masters and Mark Kelly. Masters would support a total ban on abortion at a national level.

The GOP would like this election to be about inflation, immigration and crime. Instead, they will have to defend their position on abortion.

It would be the pinnacle of irony if, after the GQP finally achieves their crusade, it costs them the war. I would love to see the abortion issue cost more than just the AZ Gov/SecSt, but I'll be happy as well if that's what it gets us.

I don't see a lot of victories like this in the future. The Handmaid SCOTUS Justice is there to stay, along with her brethren. Under his eye.

The Handmaid SCOTUS Justice is there to stay, along with her brethren. Under his eye.
    She could always have an accident. Swallow her bile and choke?

AOC's Republican challenger, Tina Forte, her family was arrested for Drug and gun charges.

https://news.yahoo.com/aoc-rival-fam...085153618.html

She has been seen in pictures with Proud Boy terrorists, Qtards, and was even at the J6 rally. She complains about crime in AOC's district, when her family are the criminals.

It would be the pinnacle of irony if, after the GQP finally achieves their crusade, it costs them the war. I would love to see the abortion issue cost more than just the AZ Gov/SecSt, but I'll be happy as well if that's what it gets us.

I don't see a lot of victories like this in the future. The Handmaid SCOTUS Justice is there to stay, along with her brethren. Under his eye.
    The GOP got to this point by taking over one governorship, one statehouse at a time. Democrats will have to do the same. A 7 - 8 governor-shift in one election is big.

Well now it is up to straight up fascism. A One Party rule where maybe we have facade of another party but they never have power. No doubt they don't want democracy anymore and want to push their one rule. No doubt much right wing, Christian/Evangelical, fascist rule.

They likely effed up by energizing a base who see's their rights taken away. So if people, mainly women on the issue of Pro-Choice can keep this issue in the forefront moving forward, then Republicans know they can't keep winning elections. Next step is fascism. Well they are there already.

BREAKING POLL: I’m within 2 POINTS of Ryan Zinke in a brand new poll!

Zinke's on the verge of losing, so now he’s lying about me in TV ads. Help us get 1,000 retweets to boost my campaign, dispel his lies, protect our freedom and make this new poll go viral!

From Monica Tranel, US House Candidate, Montana First District.

My goodness, This mofo, Zinke has a chance to win. If people remember Zinke, this is really one of the most corrupt people ever as Secretary of Interior. What has he been up to since? Was some manager of a cryptocurrency firm.

Montana people please. You can't elect a likely fairly conservative Democrat who as far as I know has shown no corruption at all. But, hey CRT and stuff that will never affect you right? But having your natural resources and land shitted on, which what Zinke had done is not important to Montana.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-09-27 at 03:44 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!