We are less than a month out from the release of a new Pokemon generation and there is zero hype. The last three gens really killed interest in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    We are less than a month out from the release of a new Pokemon generation and there is zero hype. The last three gens really killed interest in the franchise.
    Scarlet and Violet look pretty amazing actually and people are looking forward to them.

Only if forums are your only gauge of hype for some reason. They'll still outsell darn near every AAA game you can think of just because it's Pokémon.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Only if forums are your only gauge of hype for some reason. They'll still outsell darn near every AAA game you can think of just because it's Pokémon.
    Hype disappeared on forums because anyone mentioning pokemon in a positive light, especially in regard to recent generations, is met with frothing vitriol.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Scarlet and Violet look pretty amazing actually and people are looking forward to them.
    It's Val

He's always doom and gloom
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I am always excited for Pokémon
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    What are you talking about? This is completely false.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

You really can't keep talking about yourself in third person like this.

But seriously outside of a few people who have never had interest in Pokemon or burnt out on it, everyone I know is pretty excited for it. Honestly I don't know how I'd make it day to day with the amount of doom and gloom the Internet loves to thrive on.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    What are you talking about? This is completely false.
    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/fin...are/index.html

Look at this killed interest lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not even 20m for most of them, obviously it doesn't count.

I'm actually surprised Arceus isn't on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm actually surprised Arceus isn't on there.
    It's pretty dam close, I know it sold like 12.5 million in the first 2 months.

Didn't launch in holiday season and legs probably got knee capped by the new gen announcement otherwise it probably would be up there with diamond/pearl remakes.

Dead franchise for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also add that they recently had a bunch of game journalists (and Pokemon Influencers) play up to 2 hours of the game and their comments were literally everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty dam close, I know it sold like 12.5 million in the first 2 months.

Didn't launch in holiday season and legs probably got knee capped by the new gen announcement otherwise it probably would be up there with diamond/pearl remakes.

Dead franchise for sure.
    Most recent number I can find is 12.64 million as of March.

And yeah, dropping ScVi trailer a month after release definitely killed hype.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-10-24 at 12:12 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Why be hype for a game that would not offer a different experience than if you just replayed any previous version instead.

Could dust off a play through of Ruby or sapphire and I struggle to see what you would miss

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why be hype for a game that would not offer a different experience than if you just replayed any previous version instead.

Could dust off a play through of Ruby or sapphire and I struggle to see what you would miss
    Graphics
    New pokemon
    Competitive
    Fairy type
    QoL changes
    New abilities
    Open world map
    Special/physical typing split
    Trainer customization
    Raids
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Graphics
    New pokemon
    Competitive
    Fairy type
    QoL changes
    New abilities
    Open world map
    Special/physical typing split
    Trainer customization
    Raids
    Graphics - For a game series that started off looking like a couple of dots thrown together, graphics has never really been a draw or pull and its often brought up just how far behind the curve these games look especially considering the success.

New pokemon - So the same feature as every new generation and as they scramble to find more animal/insects they havent done to death yet and are now at the point of adding medieval weapons to the pokemon. But sure I could see why some people would like more pokemon to add to their collection that keeps getting wiped from lack of backwards compatibility.

Competitive - Rather vague statement. Perhaps you mean the game will be slightly challenging beyond being able to one shot everything with your starting pokemons first elemental attack? Great!

Fairy type - Oh you mean the thing they always had but were classed under "normal" actually given that class some kind of identity? But yeah not gonna agree or disagree its a good change, thats w/e.

QoL changes - No comment, standard business practise one would hope.

New abilities - The thing they do every gen? Sure more abilities is always good I guess.

Open world map - Minor but practical. Neat.

Special/physical typing split - No comment really.

Trainer customization Could be good? Dont know enough about it.

Raids Sounds good, more content is what these games need.

I'm kinda excited but at the same time I'm afraid I'll be disappointed...
    I couldn't even bring myself to play gen 7 and 8 to the end
    in sun and moon I played till lvl 15-20 or around that (basically didn't even really start the game)
    in ss/sh I got to the 4th gym and got that fighting bear from the dlc, I can't really say why I didn't play further
    Last Gen I enjoyed was the 6th after I disliked the 5th
    oh and I liked diamond remake
    Arceus was a fresh breath but I didn't finish it ...
    I like most designs of the new pokemon revealed so far but I dislike that you drive the legendaries like a motorcycle why not just ride it like an arcanine or tauros (yes for that they would need another design)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    New pokemon - So the same feature as every new generation and as they scramble to find more animal/insects they havent done to death yet and are now at the point of adding medieval weapons to the pokemon. But sure I could see why some people would like more pokemon to add to their collection that keeps getting wiped from lack of backwards compatibility.
    Gen I literally had two caterpillars, two cacoons, and tons of object mons. Hell, they had two pokemon partially based on eggs. Saying that they are doing anything different now is dishonest.

Competitive - Rather vague statement. Perhaps you mean the game will be slightly challenging beyond being able to one shot everything with your starting pokemons first elemental attack? Great!
    I believe they are referring to PvP battles. You are not more easily able to fight against other trainers in the game than prior generations. You can literally find a battle with entering a menu, as opposed to finding someone to battle.

Fairy type - Oh you mean the thing they always had but were classed under "normal" actually given that class some kind of identity? But yeah not gonna agree or disagree its a good change, thats w/e.
    While a lot of normal types gain/became fairies. Fairies exist to balance dragon type.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I'm kinda excited but at the same time I'm afraid I'll be disappointed...
    I couldn't even bring myself to play gen 7 and 8 to the end
    in sun and moon I played till lvl 15-20 or around that (basically didn't even really start the game)
    in ss/sh I got to the 4th gym and got that fighting bear from the dlc, I can't really say why I didn't play further
    Last Gen I enjoyed was the 6th after I disliked the 5th
    oh and I liked diamond remake
    Arceus was a fresh breath but I didn't finish it ...
    I like most designs of the new pokemon revealed so far but I dislike that you drive the legendaries like a motorcycle why not just ride it like an arcanine or tauros (yes for that they would need another design)
    Sun and Moon are notoriously bad with the hand holding and long tutorial and tons of unskippable cutscenes. Essentially the first island (about 1/4 of the game) is basically tutorial. Ultra versions are slightly better, but even people who like Sun and Moon complain about those issues.

SwSh is better, but it is also more linear. The path you take is predetermined, and even the wild area progresses linearly.

So, what you are saying isn't suprising.
    –The Sith Code

Bayonetta 3 pops huge on metacritic!

https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...netta-3?ref=hp

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/bay.../1900-6417989/

https://www.vg247.com/bayonetta-3-review

Looks like an incredible new action game honestly. Only real critique I can tell is "this game would look/perform better on next gen consoles." Glad to see Platinum deliver. Viola looks like a cool character. Added this one to my Christmas wish list!
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-10-25 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    "this game would look/perform better on next gen consoles."
    The reviewers still on this bullshit need to give it up. It's exclusive to Nintendo for a reason, Sega didn't want it, no other 3rd party wanted it and Sony didn't want it either when it was shopped around. Only Nintendo wanted it. It's either on a weak console or it doesn't exist, so tired of their dumb ass complaints about this. I'd rather B2 and B3 be on weak consoles than not exist at all.

Anyways browsing the twitters and this doesn't even seem like the biggest complaint about the game surprisingly. People are more mad that their fan fiction is false and minor spoiler Bayonetta is in fact straight, or at least likes men or something I guess idk full spoiler not sure what these idiots expected, because it was never hinted at otherwise.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-10-25 at 03:21 PM.

The reviewers still on this bullshit need to give it up. It's exclusive to Nintendo for a reason, Sega didn't want it, no other 3rd party wanted it and Sony didn't want it either when it was shopped around. Only Nintendo wanted it. It's either on a weak console or it doesn't exist, so tired of their dumb ass complaints about this. I'd rather B2 and B3 be on weak consoles than not exist at all.

Anyways browsing the twitters and this doesn't even seem like the biggest complaint about the game surprisingly. People are more mad that their fan fiction is false and minor spoiler Bayonetta is in fact straight, or at least likes men or something I guess idk full spoiler not sure what these idiots expected, because it was never hinted at otherwise.
    Honestly, lots of people resent Bayonetta being on Switch. Particularly those who have convinced themselves that they "don't like Nintendo games" they don't like seeing exclusives to Nintendo platforms that they can't convince themselves they don't want to play.