Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    There's plenty of people who raid in super competitive guilds that use default UI. There's also way more arena players that use default UI than most people would like to admit.

I've used default UI for years and it serves me perfectly fine as a raid leader. All I did was resize the UI and everything appeared fine for me. The default raid frames for a tank/DPS is fine as it still shows deaths and necessary debuffs, although I would admit if I was a healer I might seek better alternatives.

Boss mods are important and depending on the encounter weak auras can be important. I haven't raided since the end of BFA, but the last encounter I thought was all but necessary to have weak auras installed was Mythic Azshara. Details and damage meters can be important, but you can also decide to track that shit after an encounter or after a dungeon too. It's a useful tool to analyze, but analyze in the middle of battle it could be seen as wasted real estate.

If you're use to something it's just never going to replace what you had before. As someone who just logged into retail just the other day in months, the new UI is by and large far better than it was before. Did it eliminate any addons for me? No. But people underestimate how many addons it potentially might have erased for others who do use the default UI.

If you sit there and use ElvUI and take hours upon hours to setup things perfectly, I highly doubt you're going to use default UI in any universe. But plenty of people do use the default UI. Popular to contrary belief most people would play just fine downloading simply a boss/dungeon mod pack for raiding/dungeons. I can't deny how good weak auras can be, but flashing icons and audio alerts do nothing if you don't pay attention to them. We have traffic lights telling you when to walk or wait for traffic, but people still get run over despite those flashing lights telling them it's not safe to move lol.

Also a lot of the whining is because people haven't even taken the time to dig into the interface options to see what can be done with it.
    That last line is true to a point, but not in my case and many others. People have been talking about this for months on the beta including myself on forums. The bags not being movable is one example of them not listening to people on the beta. They still have time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/usYxrYs

I get it, being right about something with hardly any experience is how most people get through life.

I'm confused as to how BT/Elv/BAGgon/ and others have been out for over a decade.
    New UI drops on beta.
    People post about things that are missing.

New UI drops on live. People post about things that are missing. They then get downvoted to all hell and told to stop caring so much about stupid little things.

Once someone tells you stop caring about something it means you should care even more.

100% clownshow from the general population that on the whole never even knew how to fully use all the customization of those addons. And now for some reason are actually getting legit nasty on forums defending the new blizz UI.

Yea, just defend it like its your dead grandpa's honor, lets not make it better. The mob is zzzzz.
    What a terrible meme and what is your point here anyways? All these old addons still work.

The new default UI is amazing and it will definitely replace several addons for most people, but of course you are still free to use the old addons if you wish so.
    There are still some thing they can add to the default UI and of course they should fix some of the remaining bugs obviously, but besides that it is rock solid and offers a great variety of customization which we have not seen so far from Blizzard.

Also those people complaining about the new UI are such a tiny amount of people, it might be literally hundreds of people (which is nothing) and half of the comments I see on reddit are people complaining about it not for its features or bugs, but because it's different lol.

I get it, being right about something with hardly any experience is how most people get through life.

I'm confused as to how BT/Elv/BAGgon/ and others have been out for over a decade.
    New UI drops on beta.

New UI drops on live. People post about things that are missing. They then get downvoted to all hell and told to stop caring so much about stupid little things.

Once someone tells you stop caring about something it means you should care even more.

100% clownshow from the general population that on the whole never even knew how to fully use all the customization of those addons. And now for some reason are actually getting legit nasty on forums defending the new blizz UI.

Yea, just defend it like its your dead grandpa's honor, lets not make it better. The mob is zzzzz.
    Who are you to dictate what ones opinion can be. People have the right to like it as much as you dislike it.People have the right to downvote your opinions. If you cannot handle that, get off message boards. People disagree with you. Your opinion is not fact. Learn to handle it instead of trashing them.

- - - Updated - - -

That last line is true to a point, but not in my case and many others. People have been talking about this for months on the beta including myself on forums. The bags not being movable is one example of them not listening to people on the beta. They still have time though.
    They are listening to you. Not caving to your whines and demands does not = not listening to you.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    It's available to update on WoWup, just as an fyi.
    yeah, with like 3 other addons, overwolf really screwed everyone by restricting the API

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    yeah, with like 3 other addons, overwolf really screwed everyone by restricting the API
    They did not screw anyone over than mooches stealing from addon makers who are trying to make a couple of extra bucks from their hard work. They deserved to be screwed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    No, I believe the problem is with people who are complaining about it when they're just going to use addons to replace it in the first place. In about 3 months when everyone is raiding and doing mythics I guarantee the last thing people are going to complain about is the UI.
    Of course I'm going to be using addons.

The problem is that I'll be adding one more mod to the list of mods I already use, solely to fill in a functionality deficiency that didn't exist in the game until a week ago, i.e., gold dragon markers on floating health bars (the elite markers) that now were intentionally removed.

Yet another post calling something a whine when it isn't. Thanks for being generic and dismissive like the others defaulting to that zero thought take. And thank you for personal preference list as if that has anything to do with basic functions that should be added to the new UI.

Some people want to improve things, other people are just followers I guess but at the same time don't want to appear to be so. Insert calling critiques complaints. Are you going to get mad when someone suggest adding something to the new UI since that is just complaining to you? I had to make the OP a call out because people are legit being shutdown on other forums for merely trying to suggest improvements.

And Blizz took years to copy addons people told them FOR years to put in the game. They had how long to prep this and copy other add ons? Like many have said(not you) its a good start that needs to be build on. Imo asap. And why do you assume people clutter with 100 of addons.

I use.... BT(not even that much last xpac), WA, range finder, and bigwigs because DBM is just bloat.

- - - Updated - - -

There are people that want to go back to shadowlands look. That classic look isn't classic to lots of players by any means.
    The improvements are in a bunch of the comments here. Suggestions were made on other forums and railed against as whining, raging, complaining. There is no point to me listing the obvious. If you have never used BT or Elvui or tried to customize your UI with moveanything then you won't notice what is missing anyway. Enjoy the bliss.

- - - Updated - - -

Its okay, he just assumes everyone is a giant idiot without actually reading what they typed.

- - - Updated - - -

It really isn't and that isn't a reason to not speak up for people with legit criticisms. Improving this right away would be good for everyone using the new UI.

- - - Updated - - -
    Thanks.
    Might be an idea to follow suit, because this sort of attention to this sort of nonissue?
    Looks pretty bad, but worse than that is likely the work-up for yourself.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Not quite every bar. You can't hide the stance bar for classes with stances (Warriors, Druids (forms), Rogues (stealth). You also can't hide or move the micro menu (I doubt most would hide this but I know plenty would like to move it). You can't move the XP bar either.
    I was thinking the action bars.

New UI drops on beta.

1. They would NEVER compete against ElvUI or any other. They are too smart for that. Any addon creator is a free programmer - why would they compete?

2. Addons are not allowed in tournaments. This helps the competetive playerbase.

3. The UI is 18 year old - it's about time - it also has a marketing value - as have you noticed. Nice move by Blizzard.

What you are complaining about is not all logical.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-10-27 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Are you seriously saying you need to go into edit mode to edit something?

Oh, the calamity of it all. The struggle is real, folks.

And tell us - are you adjusting your chat window every five minutes, or are you going to set it once and never touch it again? I suspect the latter, and because this is MMO-Champion, you needed something to complain about.
    Since the save function is bugged right now and the chat window resets all the time it's a bit annoying yes. Are you here to be complaining about me? That's very reasonable of you. Good job.

You see when you are pendling between big raid sizes, and small raid sizes and want to change the size/position of those frames it's quite tedious to have to go into the edit mode option panel and then click the preset(which is bugged) instead of simply clicking on the screen where it was earlier...

I suspect you didn't understand what I cared about since you made assumptions when I gave information that didn't qualify your frustrated assumptions.

It's the steps to change between your raid profiles that is annoying, having to go into the edit mode menu, it takes longer and it's frustrating to have to go through the edit mode menu when it was faster before, so every time you change your raid frame sizes you will waste time with this new interface.

You think I care about having to edit my UI once? No.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    No, it doesn't? There's a shortcut on the chat box, as well as you just do [ESC] -> [Edit Mode] -> Drag chatbox to the size you want? Takes what.. two clicks more than before?
    Ok ok it takes 2 clicks more than before I'm so sorry I was wrong, and it's bugged so you have to do it every time you relog but that's ok they'll fix that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

If it is taking you 5 times longer to press three things than to press two things - then I'd be talking to your doctor
    Oh easy thing to grab onto, must be enjoyable farming posts for no reason just looking for easy bait like those other 20k guys in this thread.

Since you people are so annoying. Before it was like this:

Click popout box, click preset select preset, close pop out menu.

Now it's like this:

Click pop out box, click edit mode, click preset select preset, close edit mode menu, close pop out menu.

YES I LIKE THE NEW UI I THINK IT'S NICE, STOP CRYING ABOUT PEOPLE NOT LIKING WHAT YOU LOVE, IT'S SAD, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ASSUME THEY DON'T LIKE IT.

And I know you will be annoying about something else, maybe this one.

"But you can just click edit mode in the chat window box cuz then you save the steps with the raid pop out menu, so you technically have to click two times less. Yes it's how we have to live our life now, hustling around Blizzard inefficiencies.

And then some guy is like... But you can just press escape and then click Edit Mode off the game menu(Multi tasking with your two hands) for extra efficiency.

Is this thread called "Friendly UI Support Thread" or what.

You know what Edit Mode reminds me of? Ok Ok Imagine I'm in an Arena match after playing a raid or whatever, and I have 30 seconds to go into Edit Mode, change around the sizings and positions in the extra menus(since the preset isn't saving, atleast not for me, it's bugged). You know what these 30 seconds of intense pressure remind me of????

You remember all those popups you had to close to get to the actual webpage before adblock was invented? Can we pls have an addon creator create an adblock for Edit Mode, thank you.

I'm sure they'll fix all these many small issues with the wonderful new ui, it's going to be great, the gameplay is great, I really hope it's going to be great, and I hope we get a month free game time for BETA TESTING their game for them on multiple levels while also paying for it.

I really hope the removal of the raid profiles is a mistake or a bug because, and please enlighten me,

A. Is it better to press Escape > Edit Mode > Preset > Raid Size 1 or 2 or 3 or maybe 4.

B. Is it better to press Raid Popout Box > Raid Profiles > Raid Size A or B or C or maybe XD.

Please it's not reasonable to pick A, you only pick A to spite me, it's not better, no one can think it's better? It's so bad.
    They really wanted us to suffer, they deleted our precious raid profiles button and placed a tiny Edit Mode there, tiny Edit Mode buttons everywhere, why ? Why did they replace these better functions with tiny meaningless Edit Mode buttons, it's like they're trying to tell us "Hey Edit Mode exists, us it only" ?!??!

Edit Mode could be used ONLY from the game menu.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-10-28 at 01:28 AM.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Well at least Blizz made an effort, one that is lacking a bit for sure, but at least now you can have a (to me at least) semi decent UI while waiting for the rest of the modders to make their available projects up to date with the current patch.

Now there are some things that I wished that Blizz had thought of (could be in a future patch) are hiding the bag bar and being able to move the xp bar, but other than those 2 I see no reason not for people to at least try it out at least once.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

I love new UI. Game feels modern and sleek with it. Ofc it's much simpler and not advanced as add-ons, but it's still HUGE step forward. Design is neat.

My main issues there is no option to set it for ALL ALTS in one go. I have 50 chars and setup is quite chore. You must choose preset and click 10 more times for annoying "help" window.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    I love new UI. Game feels modern and sleek with it. Ofc it's much simpler and not advanced as add-ons, but it's still HUGE step forward. Design is neat.

My main issues there is no option to set it for ALL ALTS in one go. I have 50 chars and setup is quite chore. You must choose preset and click 10 more times for annoying "help" window.
    If you click the Yellow icon in the top left, it clears all the help windows immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Every time people use the word complaining or anything similar I'm just going to post that is not what this is. I had to do a call out post for the second time. These are obvious issues that would improve the UI.

Nobody is saying it shouldn't be in game.

And to the person that said it hasn't been updated in 15 years.... you are so close to getting it.

Stop calling critiques complaints. It isn't honest. Thanks for the troll reports btw. Really mature abuse of site features.

"Please post constructively - refrain from trolling other users in the thread (e.g. calling people lazy, telling them to stop talking, being overly combative and personal, etc.)"\

So every person that just posts "stop complaining" gets this same infraction correct? Whale poster was very bad.

Moveable bags.
    Resizable bags.
    Same for mini map.
    Fade out options just like BT.
    Decimal point position settings like BT.

^ If you call these complaining I suggest you read the above quote about posting constructively.
    Last edited by Gratz; 2022-10-28 at 04:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Last night people were whinging that the new UI sucked because you couldn't move bars, you couldn't have more than the 6 bars, that you couldn't disable the art bar, that the padding was too big - and they were going to go back to dominos because of that.

Defending reality is never an issue for me - those people just hadn't bothered to RTFM.

It isn't going to replace ElvUI - but jeez, it almost completely replaces 4 addons that I used to use.

For the first time in >10 years - I can play WoW with ZERO addons.
    You can have 8 bars....
    also you can disable the art bar.
    the only things we cant move are our pet frame and microbar and bag bar, but those alone a small lightweight addon fix.

but with those changes added it already replaces bartender, and can get pretty close to elvui.

it already replaces bagnon yeah, and many others, but yeah there is many people who wont change, understandably, but there is tons who will and have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I think it was an ok effort, but for myself I'll keep using bartender because some features that I absolutely want don't exist. It would've been nice with an "advanced" tab that had further options for individual element resizing, clickthrough and orientation.
    It has individual element resizing and orientation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    i like the new changes, they are amazing for new players.

that being said, i was logged in for 10 minutes before i minimized, pulled up curseforge and downloaded the Bartender update.

the new UI edit lacks quite a bit. at the very least, they need to add mouse click/shift/control keybinds like bartender and healbot has.
    oh ya, had to download healbot, DBM, auctionator and details as well.
    Blizz will never be able to be add-on free for me. they just dont do as well what add-on authors do.
    Wow has always had that, what are you on about?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Who are you to dictate what ones opinion can be. People have the right to like it as much as you dislike it.People have the right to downvote your opinions. If you cannot handle that, get off message boards. People disagree with you. Your opinion is not fact. Learn to handle it instead of trashing them.

- - - Updated - - -

They are listening to you. Not caving to your whines and demands does not = not listening to you.
    I could say the exact same thing about the other side /zzzzz

I'm going to make a list. Watch as people say its pointless.

I could say the exact same thing about the other side /zzzzz

I'm going to make a list. Watch as people say its pointless.
    IT is pointless, and that is a legit opinion. Watch as you start attacking people and try to tell them they can't post here for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Every time people use the word complaining or anything similar I'm just going to post that is not what this is. I had to do a call out post for the second time. These are obvious issues that would improve the UI.

Nobody is saying it shouldn't be in game.

And to the person that said it hasn't been updated in 15 years.... you are so close to getting it.

Stop calling critiques complaints. It isn't honest. Thanks for the troll reports btw. Really mature abuse of site features.

"Please post constructively - refrain from trolling other users in the thread (e.g. calling people lazy, telling them to stop talking, being overly combative and personal, etc.)"\

So every person that just posts "stop complaining" gets this same infraction correct? Whale poster was very bad.

Moveable bags.
    Resizable bags.
    Same for mini map.
    Fade out options just like BT.
    Decimal point position settings like BT.

^ If you call these complaining I suggest you read the above quote about posting constructively.
    You are complaining,. Your OP was complaining. You can instist you weren't, but it is complaining. How about you stop attacking people and demeaning them while handling their opinions like an adult?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it already replaces bagnon yeah, and many others, but yeah there is many people who wont change, understandably, but there is tons who will and have.
    Not quite, if you still want your bank bags combined as the new UI doesn't combine them.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You can have 8 bars....
    also you can disable the art bar.
    the only things we cant move are our pet frame and microbar and bag bar, but those alone a small lightweight addon fix.

but with those changes added it already replaces bartender, and can get pretty close to elvui.

- - - Updated - - -

It has individual element resizing and orientation.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow has always had that, what are you on about?
    Oh cool, how do I separate out for example Shieldblock from other buffs? And how do I resize the button bar? And how do I resize the enemy buffs to be bigger compared to the nameplate on the provided enemy unitframe?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    IT is pointless, and that is a legit opinion. Watch as you start attacking people and try to tell them they can't post here for it.

- - - Updated - - -

You are complaining,. Your OP was complaining. You can instist you weren't, but it is complaining. How about you stop attacking people and demeaning them while handling their opinions like an adult?

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite, if you still want your bank bags combined as the new UI doesn't combine them.
    I think you need to think about why you are even responding to this thread. You want something to be something and no one will change your mind. This thread is for posting suggestions/bugs/work arounds/ and options that may fix your issue with the new UI that you just didn't notice. The call out OP is irrelevant at this point as I was conveying how impossible it has been to even suggest things about the new UI. It is honestly just weird. I'm going to post the list in a new thread as well for people to add to if they wish. I'd appreciate if you didn't troll it by shouting at people about complaining.

Your entire response is just YOU are this, YOU did that. It has nothing to do with new UI. You have every right to label something as pointless and I have every right to tell you that is not helpful in any way. If you can resist telling ppl they are whining/complaining you might hear their ideas such as....

Fix the not saving issue.(i actually just spent 30 min making UI>saved 800 times while making it>log on other character>none of it is saved(yes i reloaded/restarted)
    Add 4 more bars to match BT amount
    Moveable minimap
    Moveable/Resize Pet health bar(unless there is option somewhere to enable this I couldn't find it.) Its stuck to character portrait options.
    Bar art for any bar
    Fade out options for everything
    Decimal point positioning for all elements
    Fixed position and resize/move options for dynamic health/resource bar.(could be option I didn't see.) But it will move below default stacked action bars depending on camera position.
    Move/resize option for micro menu/bags. Showing one bag like BT would be good option.
    Move/resize experience bar option
    Debuff/buff filters (icehud is/was great for this if you want example of how it would be useful.)
    Opacity option for all elements.(they have had this for zone map for a long time.)
    Debuff/Buff options for player frame.

Nitpick: When you change the rows it slightly resizes the buttons to a smaller scale than a full row.

I apologize if any of things can be achieved via options I didn't notice and if they have stated they are making any of these changes. Basically everything I listed are options that BT has. I'm sure there are other things people noticed that could be added or changed/fixed. Keep in mind that the goal of the UI is for the new player to use. I think these options are very basic and would immediately improve the Blizz UI.

New artstyle for UI is bad. Healthbars, minimal, icons, new rare symbol, chests and rares, gryphons on the bars, bags backgrounds and so on, laser castbars look very simplified and flashy, kinda like they were designed for a mobile game. Old art was more "classic art" and I liked it more.

Minimap is too big.
    Menu bar is too small.
    Talent tooltips and icons are too small.
    Opening world map by clicking tiny zone name is inconvenient.
    Can't move bags.
    Can't move menu bar.
    Can't move or resize LFG eye.
    Can't resize chat.
    Can't remove keybinds showing from main action bar.
    Can't use tracking macros anymore.

Overall it's an improvement, but i really want old artstyle back. Miss me with that mobile flashy shit.