Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    But t's upon the gamer to choose where to pre-order or crowdfund projects and the implications of such choices. Also, in the case of Cyberpunk or even NoManSky there were quite a lot of pre-orders and multiple people bought game themed Cyberpunk consoles to play Cyberpunk for example.
    It was upon the people to choose to buy Brooklyn Bridges out of George C. Parker as well.

Star Citizen isn't charging anything that their users don't want to buy. And sales boosts come from people wanting the game Chris Roberts is doing. If CIG didn't constantly delivered they wouldn't be able to have people constantly buying into their alpha along with buying ships.
    I believe they call it sunk cost fallacy.

Pretend? There's twitch for everyone to check on games right.
    So is the article with Chris Roberts stating the actual average of online players and the number of hours they spend on it.

Everything gamers choose to play or buy is because they want to do so, I don't think adults need excuses for their behaviour or blaming it on dev's. Specially when they keep doing it for years and years.
    As long as they are +18, everything is fair game and free of criticism, lying, deceiving, and all the shady shenanigans. Brilliant logic, love it.

Well what history shows is that random gaming threads filled with Angry Gamers don't matter at all in the grand scheme of things. The dogs bark, but the caravan goes on.
    We have been over that already, you have a history of +8 years of insults and wild accusations towards other people over a video game, in this thread alone, stop barking about hate and anger already, it’s just silly.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    so gta 5 took 3 years and 265million to make. so this game should by default be like 5x better than gta5 when it releases.
    GTA 5..... 5... dont forget that number, it means its 5th in the series... do you know how much easier that makes development? clearly you dont.

Sequels are always easier and faster to develop than fresh ip's... so comparisons like that are pointless. GTA 5 literally uses the same game engine and alot of the same mechanics, systems and textures as GTA 4 did.... they didnt create it from nothing like SC is doing. Theres never been another SC before the kickstarter was launched the first time.

So next time you try and compare development times, dont forget to look at the number after the name. xD
    Also the game was in development for 5 years, not 3... only full production was 3. While SC is doing both pre-production and full production at the sametime, creating the new systems and mechanics so that full production can use em. Cant just buy those off the shelf.

You guys really dont think these through before you send the reply...
    Last edited by Otaka; 2022-10-27 at 11:27 PM.

Shit, both pre-production and full production at same time!?! Fuck dude, that’s truly impressive, thank fucking lord you are here to enlighten us on game development.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    It was upon the people to choose to buy Brooklyn Bridges out of George C. Parker as well.
    I believe they call it sunk cost fallacy.
    So is the article with Chris Roberts stating the actual average of online players and the number of hours they spend on it.
    As long as they are +18, everything is fair game and free of criticism, lying, deceiving, and all the shady shenanigans. Brilliant logic, love it.
    We have been over that already, you have a history of +8 years of insults and wild accusations towards other people over a video game, in this thread alone, stop barking about hate and anger already, it’s just silly.
    Be careful not to cut yourself on all that edge though. You're the one with such a grudge over a video-game remember that you kept creating new accounts to evade bans to cosplay as social justice warrior saving the world of the big bad crowdfunded space game. Such a valiant hobby. CIG funding must be really hurting. But who am I to tell you what hill to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    GTA 5..... 5... dont forget that number, it means its 5th in the series... do you know how much easier that makes development? clearly you dont.

Sequels are always easier and faster to develop than fresh ip's... so comparisons like that are pointless. GTA 5 literally uses the same game engine and alot of the same mechanics, systems and textures as GTA 4 did.... they didnt create it from nothing like SC is doing. Theres never been another SC before the kickstarter was launched the first time.
    So next time you try and compare development times, dont forget to look at the number after the name. xD
    Also the game was in development for 5 years, not 3... only full production was 3. While SC is doing both pre-production and full production at the sametime, creating the new systems and mechanics so that full production can use em. Cant just buy those off the shelf.
    Don't even try. Not worth it.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-10-28 at 12:07 AM.

5th in the series means nothing when only 4 used the same engine and by and large wasn't made by the same people. GTA 3 and especially 1-2 have less relevance to the fifth game than Freelancer has to Star Citizen.

Also, you could flip the argument the other way. If it's so hard to make Star Citizen as a first game that it takes more than a decade and half a billion in funding to be not even close to done, maybe... don't do that? Start with Squadron 42. Make it, release it, have your teams build experience with the engine, generate revenue from something else than shady micro and macrotransactions, and build up goodwill towards your studio. Sounds like a good plan for good devs to me.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Be careful not to cut yourself on all that edge though. You're the one with such a grudge over a video-game remember that you kept creating new accounts to evade bans to cosplay as social justice warrior saving the world of the big bad crowdfunded space game. Such a valiant hobby. CIG funding must be really hurting.
    We’ve been over that already as well, I stated from the very beginning, and multiple times that I was just here for the shit and giggles. Unlike you, I don’t need to hide behind self-righteous motives, I’m not the one preaching to others about hate and toxicity while pretending to be any fucking better =)

It’s also funny how you say that, as if making a hobby out of insulting and making shit up about random online people for the sake of video gaming companies was that much better : ] But look, I don’t know anything about hurting CiG in any way shape or form, however, considering how personal you insist on getting whenever replying to my posts about it… ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Start with Squadron 42. Make it, release it, have your teams build experience with the engine, generate revenue from something else than shady micro and macrotransactions, and build up goodwill towards your studio. Sounds like a good plan for good devs to me.
    Ah, I remember going over that some time ago, from what I remember, supposedly it’s “easier” for them to develop both games at the same time, because both share most assets and all that… but then, it gets confusing, because also: “CiG is not developing one video game, but two at the same time!”, when delays are discussed.
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-10-28 at 12:38 AM.
    Ahahahaha!

We’ve been over that already as well, I stated from the very beginning, and multiple times that I was just here for the shit and giggles
    You don't say.

Doesn't take much to be better tbh. I'm posting in a thread about a game I backed, play and have enjoyed doing so for years, it just so just happens that it keeps thriving while making some very angry along the way for whatever reason. Be it for growing number players, funding, player cap, twitch numbers, updates or new ship sales.

It's like a easy win by default every year.

Duke Nukem Forever. Dont forget that name. 14 years. That is how long that game was in dev hell. Star Citizen will be on year 13 of pre-production...post-production...wait what? What? At the same time? The hell are you talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

What? You're not going to correct anything they said? Pre-production and full production at the same time?

- - - Updated - - -

Shit, both pre-production and full production at same time!?! Fuck dude, that’s truly impressive, thank fucking lord you are here to enlighten us on game development.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't say.

Doesn't take much to be better tbh. I'm posting in a thread about a game I backed, play and have enjoyed doing so for years, it just so just happens that it keeps thriving while making some very angry along the way for whatever reason. Be it for growing number players, funding, player cap, twitch numbers, updates or new ship sales.

And your post history of personal attacks, insults and so on in this only thread you post in speaks for itself too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    What? You're not going to correct anything they said? Pre-production and full production at the same time?
    What is there to correct?

And your post history of personal attacks, insults and so on in this only thread you post in speaks for itself too.
    Calling a spade a spade is not an insult though. Besides, Time and time again has only proven me right. Damn, you 2 posting alone prooves me right again and again.

Nothing constructived added to the discussion of the game or it's development. Just bashing a game and company you don't like and malding as it thrives for years on end as if Chris Roberts stole your lunch

Kinda repetitive but hey, makes for lively thread and some good salty lulz. Which is nice.

Calling a spade a spade is not an insult though. Besides, Time and time again has only proven me right. Damn, you 2 posting alone prooves me right again and again.

Nothing constructived added to the discussion of the game or it's development. Just bashing a game and company you don't like and malding as it thrives for years on end as if Chris Roberts stole your lunch

Kinda repetitive but hey, makes for lively thread and some good salty lulz. Which is nice.
    Ah yes the ones in this thread being lulz'ed at are me and banmebaby and others who are negative at 12 year, 500 million SC. Not you, kenn and Otaka.

And many of the things you have said (there is a wall of quotes posted from you already) which are direct attacks are insults. If it makes you happy to defend a company that enriches themselves as they lie repeatedly then I don't know what to say to you. You aren't even a paid shill, you pay CiG to defend them, it really brings a smile to my face knowing that. They don't even know who you are man, get over it.

You don't say.

Doesn't take much to be better tbh.
    Then why do you keep failing to be so?

I'm posting in a thread about a game I backed, play and have enjoyed doing so for years, it just so just happens that it keeps thriving while making some very angry along the way for whatever reason. Be it for growing number players, funding, player cap, twitch numbers, updates or new ship sales.

… and again, you keep saying that people are angry about it, yet you are one of the few in this thread that feels the need to keep distributing insults around like candy in Halloween, it's hilarious how you keep justifying your own behaviour by accusing others of being everything you prove to be.

Nothing constructived added to the discussion of the game or it's development.
    Christ dude, it's like you sold your self-awareness just to afford extra JPGs.

Dude, you just turned a discussion about the possibility of incompetence on the project development into another rambling about my infractions and bans while completely ignoring your own... it's like the damn nickname just couldn't fit you any better.
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-10-28 at 02:20 AM.
    Ahahahaha!

Ah yes the ones in this thread being lulz'ed at are me and banmebaby and others who are negative at 12 year, 500 million SC. Not you, kenn and Otaka.

And many of the things you have said (there is a wall of quotes posted from you already) which are direct attacks are insults. If it makes you happy to defend a company that enriches themselves as they lie repeatedly then I don't know what to say to you. You aren't even a paid shill, you pay CiG to defend them, it really brings a smile to my face knowing that. They don't even know who you are man, get over it.
    The game we backed and enjoy playing keeps thriving against the critics doosmday predictions and best wishes. Sorry about that.

Calling a spade a spade is not insult though. Besides, not only time keeps prooving that but your own words and posting. To have the need to defend anything there must be an attack first. Action > Reaction.

And Yes I'm happy. Why wouldn't be. A game I backed, play and enjoy keeps getting updates and evolving while more players keep joining and helping fund it's development. Sorry if that rattles you but at least you manage to take it with a smile too. That's what matters.

Short summary of ISC by Noobifier:

- New bunkers (bigger, harder difficulty) reminds me some of The Division maps.

- Vulkan update almost ready, might come with 3.18 and bring some performance improovements.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-10-28 at 02:25 AM.

The game we backed and enjoy playing keeps thriving against the critics doosmday predictions and best wishes. Sorry about that.

Calling a spade a spade is not insult though. Besides, not only time keeps prooving that but your own words and posting. To have the need to defend anything there must be an attack first. Action > Reaction.
    Are you just ignoring the posts quoting you where you directly attack people and insult them? Do you fail to understand what an insult IS? Because my god you are just too much. This has nothing to do with a spade being a spade. You have attacked and insulted people over and over in this thread. That is a fact.

You have backed a game that is in year 12 of development and has collected over 500 million from backers. Congratulations. That isn't something to be proud of. It is pretty easy for people to make doomsday predictions when the game fails to deliver year after year. CR and CIG have some amazing quotes where they've lied to people year after year. You're proud about backing it? I just can't understand that warped thinking.

Are you just ignoring the posts quoting you where you directly attack people and insult them? Do you fail to understand what an insult IS? Because my god you are just too much. This has nothing to do with a spade being a spade. You have attacked and insulted people over and over in this thread. That is a fact.

You have backed a game that is in year 12 of development and has collected over 500 million from backers. Congratulations. That isn't something to be proud of. It is pretty easy for people to make doomsday predictions when the game fails to deliver year after year. CR and CIG have some amazing quotes where they've lied to people year after year. You're proud about backing it? I just can't understand that warped thinking.
    Ignoring? I'm stating I don't consider those insults at all but calling a spade a spade as anyone can see by looking into the context and how time keeps confirming it. So now II'm the attacker? You claimed I was the defender back then. Strange.

Helping make the best space sim ever while supporting an amazing company while creating jobs for passionate devs. You bet I'm proud alright, only regret is not having backed earlier.

Warped thinking would be obssessing with the dimise of a video-game. But maybe that's just the me who enjoys focusing on games I like talking. Such an oddity right.

Ignoring? I'm stating I don't consider those insults at all but calling a spade a spade as anyone can see by looking into the context and how time keeps confirming it.
    You got banned from the SC subreddit (of all places) for the exact same thing you do here.

Helping make the best space sim ever while supporting an amazing company while creating jobs for passionate devs. You bet I'm proud alright, only regret is not having backed earlier.
    How are you helping? By spreading the word like some sort of book-waving, soul-saving missionary lol.

If you are so proud how come you've only spent $45? If you're so full of regret why not put your money where your mouth is, or is that only for other (more gullible) people to do?

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    You got banned from the SC subreddit (of all places) for the exact same thing you do here.
    I haven't. Nice try though

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    How are you helping? By spreading the word like some sort of book-waving, soul-saving missionary lol.

If you are so proud how come you've only spent $45? If you're so full of regret why not put your money where your mouth is, or is that only for other (more gullible) people to do?
    I only pleged 45$? Funny, nice try though.

Anyone that has backed the game, gives feedback and reports bugs and generally supports the project is helping in their own way.

In my opinion how much money each one pledges is not as important as understanding what they are pledging to.

Inb4 that site that reports numbers of people playing MMOS (including dead MMOs that closed down as having players) as a reliable source to PROVE that SC is beating many MMOs in playerbase!
    Doesn’t it count the private servers of dead MMOs? I know that’s not official or anything but would maybe explain that part.

I haven't. Nice try though
    It is true. You were banned from the subreddit for being abusive and antagonising people. Hardly conduct becoming of a self-elected spokesperson for the game.

I only pleged 45$? Funny, nice try though.
    Meh, $45 or $55 is pretty much the same.

Anyone that has backed the game, gives feedback and reports bugs and generally supports the project is helping in their own way.
    Yet there are quite a few in this thread that have backed the game and their feedback is unwelcome because it isn't positive. Selective feedback is probably more accurate.

In my opinion how much money each one pledges is not as important as understanding what they are pledging to.
    This doesn't really wash. A person's understanding of what they were pledging for in 2013 is different from what it was in 2017 and different again in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Short-Peanut View Post
    Ah so its about RolePlaying a Patreon or being part of CIG. Now this all makes way more sense. RP is a big Part of SC so good for you
    The word you're looking for is Backer.

I backed a crowdfunded gaming project. I was able to join the ride early on whille accepting that I have no control on how it will pan out because I liked the concept of building a game without restrictions.

I accepted the terms willingly and have enjoyed the ride since then.

I'm extremely proud of the game they've been building, How they've managed to overcome the growing pains of building a studio, all the adversities that come with open development along with the unique gaming experiences provided and all the friends made along the way and beyond.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-10-28 at 12:19 PM.

“He said that red power ranger sucks! What a fucking lowlife scum!”

Imagine, translating criticism towards a video game into an “attack”, then replying with multiple bombardments of personal insults and accusations, just to justify it as “THEY STARTED FIRST!”.

It's just brilliant, gets even better after watching you call people “brats”, love it.
    Ahahahaha!