Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If drops were 1/100 but actually useful it wuld be more fun to me.
    I mean yes...but by "useful" we're talking about like, a 2-link white item dropping in A2 being "useful". Or a 1-mod blue with +4 fire res dropping off an act boss and being a good drop for what you have.

So if that's what you had in mind then you'll be set, but if not then I'd adjust expectations. The whole point is that it's supposed to be brutal to the point of feeling unfair.

Though this is actually what I'm looking forward to in trying it. I also fully expect to get annoyed by the lack of drops fairly quickly and the general need to go hilariously slow to not die to small groups of 3-4 white mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean yes...but by "useful" we're talking about like, a 2-link white item dropping in A2 being "useful". Or a 1-mod blue with +4 fire res dropping off an act boss and being a good drop for what you have.

So if that's what you had in mind then you'll be set, but if not then I'd adjust expectations. The whole point is that it's supposed to be brutal to the point of feeling unfair.

Though this is actually what I'm looking forward to in trying it. I also fully expect to get annoyed by the lack of drops fairly quickly and the general need to go hilariously slow to not die to small groups of 3-4 white mobs.
    Oh, It's likely i'm not touching it until i'm well into Dragonflight, and i'll also play standard. We'll see if it's fun or not and if not i'll simply uninstall.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

oh yeah harbingers in mudflats with rhoa's having 40% additional phys damage as element

fuck off GGG
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    oh yeah harbingers in mudflats with rhoa's having 40% additional phys damage as element

fuck off GGG
    I totally skimmed the event page and didn't even notice the fuckin zonewide buffs/debuffs that rotated in Mayhem mode. I was gonna potentially mess around but reading shit like this and double-inhabited Brutus with a "less damage taken" global mod just one shotting some guy makes me feel like I'll definitely sit this one out.

I get GGG doesn't want to make events too good/rewarding because then people complain about shit, but the point shouldn't be to also make them fucking painful. I did tune in to Ziz briefly to see him zooming through maps mostly as usual and hilariously he was complaining about how tense he always is playing PoE and how it screws up his neck compared to playing other stuff like Runescape lol.

I totally skimmed the event page and didn't even notice the fuckin zonewide buffs/debuffs that rotated in Mayhem mode. I was gonna potentially mess around but reading shit like this and double-inhabited Brutus with a "less damage taken" global mod just one shotting some guy makes me feel like I'll definitely sit this one out.

I get GGG doesn't want to make events too good/rewarding because then people complain about shit, but the point shouldn't be to also make them fucking painful. I did tune in to Ziz briefly to see him zooming through maps mostly as usual and hilariously he was complaining about how tense he always is playing PoE and how it screws up his neck compared to playing other stuff like Runescape lol.
    Whenever I see GGG's take of 'events can't be (to) fun because then no one wants to play leagues' I can't help but be reminded of early(ish) Diablo 3 where they had an event with increased legendary drop rates and people gave so much positive feedback that they kept the change after the event was over.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I enjoy the events. Mayhem is a lot of fun.

Giving Mayhem a spin anyways and...it's not bad? Inhabitated zones can be a pain in the dick if a bunch of ghosts get into a single rare, but otherwise it seems pretty chill. Just kinda making up a totem templar as I go, currently Firestorm totem and it's working pretty well.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of annoying shit (maim/inhibit mods slowing you constantly -_-) and it gets fucked up sometimes, but overall it's not feeling anywhere near as scary as I thought it was going to be. A1 was only a few deaths (yes, one on the beach from some random zombies) and I'm at 3 total as I get into A4 and go back to do my first lab. Granted totem makes this easier, but started out Purifying Flame (eventually paired with Holy Flame Totem for ALL THE CONSECRATED GROUND) and it was surprisingly strong. Pretty good damage and very nice sustain through Consecrated Ground regen.

The game is garbage now.

Chris Wilson and the Vision absolutely destroyed a fun game.

Welp, apparently I'm not the only person that thought of going crit based Firestorm totem, there's at least one person on PoE Ninja with a very similar build.

Got to maps and not bothering to push any further since this is a voided league. Happy I got that far with only a dozen deaths to my name given the event and whatnot, wasn't playing super careful and just about every death was extremely avoidable.

Kinda wanna tinker around with the idea on SSF standard since I've got the legacy +1 totem body armor and just about anything else I'd need to get the build rolling. Figured out most of the defenses (Determination/armor + block with Divine Shield and Glancing Blows and a good amount of passive life regen), think I've got most of the offenses figured (mostly just lots of fire/spell damage and crit/crit multi with some AoE for QoL), just haven't really figured out mana as I'm using Inspiration to drop the cost to a reasonable amount and somewhat benefit from the charges.

Overall...meh? League wasn't remotely as difficult as I thought it would be, which granted I ended up playing totems but I did that in part because of the event mods and shit, playing something safer makes sense. But still, looking back at the reddit is hilarious and just makes me think most of the folks posting there are absolute trash even when they're following a detailed build guide.

Rogue Exiles were pretty fun (scary, but dropped good), Strongboxes were pretty nice, Invasion bosses were pretty fun, Breach was meh, fuck Spirits (mostly ignorable unless like 5 jump in a rare), Harb was a pain in the absolute ass and drops like shit but at least was good XP, Deli was ignored, Beyond was mostly ignorable (did get a boss once which was unexpected...in a lab too lol).

Mods were mostly meh as well. Occasionally double damage mods might make zones a bit RIPpy but I can't say I ever really noticed them after the first few acts. I'd occasionally look, but otherwise meh. Did take immunity to hinder/maim though because holy shit that zones with one/both of those mods sucked and were super annoying. But it's an easy enough fix through the tree.

Got me some fireworks shooting back piece from the lockbox, seems to go off when you kill rares/uniques and shit, kinda fun. Will probably try endless delve next, never played that before and figure I may as well shoot for the second box. Just gotta do some thinking about what might work well that I actually want to play, part of me is thinking silly MS jugg like ye-olden days with big life gain on hit for the balls to keep me alive forever in the darkness, but probably too many required uniques to reasonably get it going.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-11-07 at 02:16 AM.

currently Firestorm totem and it's working pretty well.
    I was rocking a boneshatter and lightning strike champ. Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    The game is garbage now.

Chris Wilson and the Vision absolutely destroyed a fun game.
    stick to reddit with this rubbish man

Welp, Endless Delve week and we'll start getting the new set of manifestos. Still a bit bummed that there's no loot manifesto after last league, but I guess we'll find out about loot changes in patch notes.

Never done Endless Delve before but fuck it, in for a penny in for a pound. Still leaning towards shield crush jugg for the lulz, but might just take the path of least resistence and go spark inquisitor. Should be very easy in delve what with all the narrow spaces and whatnot.

Edit: Fuck it, someone had a brilliant idea. Been wanting to turn my SSF witch into a Poisonous Concoction build for a while since that seems pretty fun and a bit "different", though while it seems nice for mapping it honestly seems pretty redundant with my RF character who does the same thing with a lot more tank and only slightly less AoE.

But that should work just dandy for Endless Delve. Will see how it works there and if it's fun enough to keep playing past 50. Hooray for realizing I've missed an obvious good idea. Seems like it should work out alright as well since you get access to the skill at a very low level.

Edit 2: Eyyyy, my level 80 dude on softcore trade mayhem made it on PoE Ninja. That's a first for me, and kinda fun that there was only one other person with the idea who made it to 80+ too.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-11-14 at 06:08 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So theyre removing a bunch of unique jewels, really hope they wont take out any major items from my builds like they did last league with the fated unique going away.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So theyre removing a bunch of unique jewels, really hope they wont take out any major items from my builds like they did last league with the fated unique going away.
    Theoretically this is a lot of "buffs"...in practice I'm expecting nerfs, especially given how unique drop rates got absolutely gutted last league.

I'm kinda glad jewels will help with ailment immunity needs and all...but it feels like it's not actually really "solving" the problem from their vague post, which is simply that the number of immunities we need is, to use their word, burdensome and increasingly feels like it limits build diversity. Maybe this will play out better than hoped, but needing to get 3+ gem slots to get immunity to 1-2 ailments is a pretty high cost.

Started Endless Delve...holy shit low level feels like absolute shit and I guess the HC strat is to farm the path to the first node for like 5 levels or something because that's absolutely impossible to do at level 1-2. Gave up on my witch and just going to faceroll this by slamming my face into the wall repeatedly with a shield crush jug. It's working alright after the initial hump, so far. Going with a build from scratch and not really looking up actual builds, so we'll see how long this lasts or if I need to start cheating off of others at some point.

Edit: I forgot about the whole, "Needing to keep your shield up to date" bit about shield builds...yeah this is getting annoying. May end up saying fuck it and swapping to something less gear dependent or something, but looking like 50's where I'm cutting off. I do not enjoy Endless Delve how I thought I might, this is not a very fun experience for me (character issues aside)
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-11-14 at 10:21 PM.

Is it weird that I think the more logical answer to 'you need so many ailment immunities it becomes burdensome' is not to add jewels that help reaching ailment immunity but to look at why they feel 'required' now and didn't in the past and fix that instead?

Aka don't throw literally everything at players in an attempt to kill the 0.001% of hyper farmed zoomers.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Is it weird that I think the more logical answer to 'you need so many ailment immunities it becomes burdensome' is not to add jewels that help reaching ailment immunity but to look at why they feel 'required' now and didn't in the past and fix that instead?

Aka don't throw literally everything at players in an attempt to kill the 0.001% of hyper farmed zoomers.
    I'm sad they didn't announce that they were moving more ailment immunity to the Pantheon. Honestly Pantheons...kinda suck and there are really only a few good ones. Making that a "one-stop shop" for ailment immunities makes a lot more sense, taking the harder to get immunities for your particular build and opening up more gear/passive point options to promote build diversity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Theoretically this is a lot of "buffs"...in practice I'm expecting nerfs, especially given how unique drop rates got absolutely gutted last league.
    I feel like that sums up the last 4 or so leagues and It’s really starting to kill my interest in starting the next one.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I feel like that sums up the last 4 or so leagues and It’s really starting to kill my interest in starting the next one.
    Yeah, I'm not dooming hard like reddit is, but I'm skeptical based off what they've shared so far and their recent track record.

"This is quite impactful."

IMPACTFUL HOW? IN A GOOD WAY? IN A BAD WAY? YOU DO NOT QUALIFY THIS!

I'm taking so much salt with these manifesto's I fear I'll develop early heart disease. I'll read the rest as they put them out, but very much waiting on patch notes since it seems that sometimes those don't exactly line up with what the community reads as the intent behind them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not dooming hard like reddit is, but I'm skeptical based off what they've shared so far and their recent track record.

"This is quite impactful."

IMPACTFUL HOW? IN A GOOD WAY? IN A BAD WAY? YOU DO NOT QUALIFY THIS!

I'm taking so much salt with these manifesto's I fear I'll develop early heart disease. I'll read the rest as they put them out, but very much waiting on patch notes since it seems that sometimes those don't exactly line up with what the community reads as the intent behind them.
    I'm not one for reddit doom saying but last league got me in the dumps between them butchering my shield throw builds damage with the removal of fated unquies and the jugg ascendancy split cutting a ton of my defense and losing a aura with the reservation changes, spent most the league trying to salvage my build without much success.

Had some fun with Koam's spirit near the end of my time with the league but at this point I'm on the fence with even trying next league unless something really catches my eye.

Had some fun with Koam's spirit near the end of my time with the league but at this point I'm on the fence with even trying next league unless something really catches my eye.
    Lord I'm hoping they unnerf shouts/slams, because I've got a great slam build concept using those + the shaper hat that deals physical damage on attack for each shout you have active. Those gloves are so cool in concept, but it's hard finding a build that would actually work with them that's not otherwise pretty gimpy (or super expensive).

I'm on the fence for next league as well. Honestly if the mechanic doesn't look like a lot of fun I'll probably just end up sticking with SSF on standard and seeing if I can do anything with my witch/ascendent (and maybe shadow in case I wanna try a trickster build or swap to poison traps), and a jugg that I was considering leveling for shield crush until I realized that I'd need replica dreamfeather to make the build work (armor stacking and scaling damage with that weapon) and even after a serious go of attempting to grind out a bunch of Heist on SSF...I just bloody can't. I can't describe why, but I just hate the whole system so, so, so, so much. Which sucks because the drops are holy balls good.