Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    He did it when Chromie was at the threshold of becoming an adult. Until then Chromie blindly followed Nozdurmo and only went through time to observe and preserve the flow. Afterwards Chromie starts taking on all of his responsibilities including battling N'zoth with the other aspects. Nozdurmo groomed Chromie to be his replacement.
    If Nozdormu wanted Chromie to be his replacement why did he make Anachronos explicitly his heir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

I always thought it was weird that we were able to kill Nozdurmo in End Time. This dude has literally seen all of time. Therefore i refuse to believe he could have been killed if he didn't want to. But the question has always been why?? After watching his interaction in legacies i think i am starting to understand.

He did it when Chromie was at the threshold of becoming an adult. Until then Chromie blindly followed Nozdurmo and only went through time to observe and preserve the flow. Afterwards Chromie starts taking on all of his responsibilities including battling N'zoth with the other aspects. Nozdurmo groomed Chromie to be his replacement.

But once again the question is why when he can see all of time. It is partially answered in End Time in that this was the best future he could forsee. Now he was corrupted by Old God magic. So naturally we all think that his best vision of the future is to ally with the old gods so at least a corrupted version of life exists.

however going back to when he chose to die. He did it when Chromie was coming of age. He releases the Dracthry when dragons finally come a mutual cohabitation with the sentient races. Having them all grow up and learn to work together.

I believe at some point Nozdurmo is going to take the hit for azeroth and needs us to be strong enough to think for ourselves without him. To fight back and use the power of friendship.
    Interesting, didnt know he wanted Chromie to replace him. Not a bad idea though, everyone likes her right.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It just so happens that, out of all the beings who have been biologically twisted by the Void (including Nozdormu/Murozond), only the Ren'dorei have managed to maintain their sanity in spite of the constant whispers... so that makes them smarter than the rest, not dumber (they didn't want to get twisted by the Void).
    Because, unlike the others who have been twisted by the void, Alleria and the void elves had a mentor to teach them to soothe/ignore the whispers of the Void. The void elves had Alleria, who in turn had Locus-Walker.

Meanwhile, Nozdorumu (as per your example) was alone in what he was going on with no guidance on how to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    If Nozdormu wanted Chromie to be his replacement why did he make Anachronos explicitly his heir.
    Because that was before the new writing team and the push to replace all male characters with female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I always thought it was weird that we were able to kill Nozdurmo in End Time. This dude has literally seen all of time. Therefore i refuse to believe he could have been killed if he didn't want to. But the question has always been why?? After watching his interaction in legacies i think i am starting to understand.

But once again the question is why when he can see all of time. It is partially answered in End Time in that this was the best future he could forsee. Now he was corrupted by Old God magic. So naturally we all think that his best vision of the future is to ally with the old gods so at least a corrupted version of life exists.

however going back to when he chose to die. He did it when Chromie was coming of age. He releases the Dracthry when dragons finally come a mutual cohabitation with the sentient races. Having them all grow up and learn to work together.

I believe at some point Nozdurmo is going to take the hit for azeroth and needs us to be strong enough to think for ourselves without him. To fight back and use the power of friendship.
    The issue isn't whether Nozdormu wants to die, but whether Murozond does.
    As Murozond has been stated to be born explicitly from Nozdormu's attempt to avert his own death.

And Murozond knows all things Nozdormu knows and then some, including all his past self's attempts to kill his future self. Effectively this means that for the suicide theory to work, Murozond must be a self-sacrificial good guy.

Personally i think that Nozdormu will not "change" much in outlook when changing into Murozond, and that rather than the suspected by atypical void corruption he is actually order-corrupted, which would fit his motives better. After all what is an altered timeline if not just a better ordered series of events?

I think that we and the rest of the dragons are going to alter our stances on the morality of the one true timeline thing, leaving Nozdormu as the sole loyal servant of order, corrupting him into Murozond.
    (retrospectively that would make the infinites' meddlijg an attempt to restore a better ordered timeline we later fucked up)
    Last edited by loras; 2022-11-07 at 06:56 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I'm not saying the elves are dum, I'm saying that "demi-gods are twisted by it but not basic elves because they don't want to" is dum.
    With great power comes great responsible and great burdens. Nozdormu had the power of timelines, was responsible for maintaining the flow of time, and was terrified by the vision of his doom. The Old Gods exploited that. Neltharion had the power of the earth, was responsible for preserving it, and was burdened by the heavy weight of all of Azeroth's lands and mountains. Again, the Old Gods exploited that.

It's a major theme in this story that the Demi-Gods have great powers, but are equally susceptible to falling prey to insidious whispers, because they are just blinded by their responsibilities, their fears, their burdens.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Thing is, The End Time is not the vision Aman'thul showed him. He showed him something far worse than Azeroth consumed by the Void.
    Aman'thul showed him a vision of his death. Not of Azeroth's fate. And he confirms right then and there that this was in fact his fated death.
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    You crawl unwitting, like a blind, writhing worm, towards endless madness and despair. I have witnessed the true End Time. This? This is a blessing you simply cannot comprehend.

You know not what you have done. Aman'Thul... What I... have... seen...

So which death did he see exactly?
    "What I have seen" not "What he showed me". He's not talking about Aman'thul's vision of his own death at that moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    The issue isn't whether Nozdormu wants to die, but whether Murozond does.
    That's a nonsensical sentence. Nozdormu is Murozond.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

It just so happens that, out of all the beings who have been biologically twisted by the Void (including Nozdormu/Murozond), only the Ren'dorei have managed to maintain their sanity in spite of the constant whispers... so that makes them smarter than the rest, not dumber (they didn't want to get twisted by the Void).
    I think you're overlooking the obvious factor that if they have been physically changed by the void, they're aware of what the whispers are. Neltharion thought they were his own thoughts, because why would he have thought otherwise?

If he suddenly had tentacles for limbs and the whispers are going "Mmm, yess, more" then it's pretty damn obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Interesting, didnt know he wanted Chromie to replace him. Not a bad idea though, everyone likes her right.
    I like them as an agent, not as the all-seeing aspect of time.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's not nonsensical. Neltharion the Earth Warder is a far different person than Deathwing the Destroyer. Hell, Noz and Muro aren't even physically the same, much as Nelth/DW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nozdormu explicitly becomes Murozond. Doesn't matter how different he acts prior to losing his mind and scrambling his name, as they are still the same person. Deathwing is still Neltharion, just mad and possessed. Arthas is still Arthas when he loses his mind and annihilates a city, and is still Arthas when he murders his crew upon retrieving Frostmourne. Garrosh is still the same proud Orc he was in Nagrand when he becomes Warchief and finally goes mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because they get to qq about Time Travel even though its pretty simple.
    It's simple when they follow the rules. They haven't had the chance to bastardize their time travel paradox yet because they've been busy with other plots. Terminator is the best example of completely butchering a time paradox. Time travel stories are that easy to ruin with new installments because that is when they start altering things and changing them, otherwise, why touch it again? Judgment Day didn't need a sequel as much as Nozdormu's story isn't worth expanding if it's already been told. The moment they start explaining HOW it'll happen/happens, the moment writers will have characters start questioning "how can we avoid it?"

Chromie does not need to usurp the narrative purpose of an NPC that has existed since Vanilla. But she probably will because the writing team does not have space in their story for more than one, maybe two NPCs per faction. Vanilla allowed for each dragonflight to have an ensemble with specific roles; they had an Aspect, their Consorts, heirs and then other members. Greens did not just have Ysera, they had Eranikus, Merithra, Itharius and the Dragons of Nightmare. Similarly Blues had Malygos but also Tyrigosa, Kalecgos and Arygos. Reds had Alexstrasza but also Krasus and Calen while Bronze had Nozdormu, Soridormi, Anachronos and Chromie and many others.
    Yet for some reason the cast keeps getting smaller and people keep usurping each other's roles even with no reason. It made sense for Kalecgos to take Arygos' place because there was an entire story told (with Arygos joining Deathwing's side, Tarecgosa and Kyrigosa). With Caelestrasz the story was told less effectively (we really do not interact with Alexstrasza nearly enough to see her handling the despair of losing her consorts and favored son in such a short amount of time between classic and Cataclysm) as well as so many of her clutch. And even now in Dragon Isles we see no new Consorts (which makes little sense given there are new whelps and she used to have multiple Consorts). She is first and foremost a maternal figure but there is no narrative space for her to have children or males that she loves. No interest in show, don't tell.
    The writers just do not care about writing a world, about the Flights being actual flights with multiple members. They just have their chosen cast and everyone else will be a NPC placed in the world by the level design team which is the only team that seems to give a shit about the WORLD of Warcraft instead of the next installment of the soap. It's not about Chromie giving them woke points. That's just a bonus. It's about her being part of the limited cast they are willing to entertain on the long run. Gorgonzormu makes a bigger impression than Anachronos at this point.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-11-08 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Aman'thul showed him a vision of his death. Not of Azeroth's fate. And he confirms right then and there that this was in fact his fated death.

"What I have seen" not "What he showed me". He's not talking about Aman'thul's vision of his own death at that moment.

- - - Updated - - -

If Noz sees his death in the End Time, how can he see this horrible future that he prevented on the way to the End Time? It's not like he can see all possible futures.

Now, after all the Dragonflight Legacies cinematics are released, it would appear that Nozdormu can see only the timelines directly connected to him, meaning he had/has to be present on the event, in order for it to be revealed to him. That's why he needed Scalecommander(Really? What's next? Furlieutenant? Skingeneral?) Emberthal in order to peak at what exactly happened between the Dracthyr and Neltharion.
    unclench your jaw