Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Allied Races - yup lost.

Hello! I am confused about something. I've just as of yesterday, came back after about 2 years gone. I wanted to see where Iam on getting the Allied Races available. It's incredible confusing so I'm trying to track the quests. For Mechagnome, I need to be level 60 to start the chain that recruits them? Why level 60? Isn't that Shadowlands? Mechagnomes are BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawningsun View Post
    Hello! I am confused about something. I've just as of yesterday, came back after about 2 years gone. I wanted to see where Iam on getting the Allied Races available. It's incredible confusing so I'm trying to track the quests. For Mechagnome, I need to be level 60 to start the chain that recruits them? Why level 60? Isn't that Shadowlands? Mechagnomes are BFA?
    Go to mechagon, outside, there should b a quest to start the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmak View Post
    Go to mechagon, outside, there should b a quest to start the line.
    I'm checking all around....I see no quests to start this. Only dailies. I am exalted with Mecha gnome people. I think I payed more of BFA than I remember but everything is still surprising me. I enabled Trivial Quests....still don't see it.

I'm checking all around....I see no quests to start this. Only dailies. I am exalted with Mecha gnome people. I think I payed more of BFA than I remember but everything is still surprising me. I enabled Trivial Quests....still don't see it.
    You need to be level 60 to start the quest chain from the Embassy that recruits them.

All of the Allied Race quests, lore-wise, are a Pandaren retelling the way that race came to join the Horde or Alliance, in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Exalted Rep requirements for all Allied Races was removed with Shadowlands. You do need to do the quest chain involving them to do the Unlock Quest. Once you have the Operation: Mechagon Achievement you're good (Dungeon can be skipped).

I unlocked all 10 Allied Races this past summer. You needed a level 50+ Character to do the Unlock Quest Chains and the unlock quest chains are Faction Specific. For example you can do Operation Mechagon as Horde but the Mechagnome Unlock Quest Chain MUST be done on a level 50+ Alliance Character.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

I actually didnt think so lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    The Exalted Rep requirements for all Allied Races was removed with Shadowlands. You do need to do the quest chain involving them to do the Unlock Quest. Once you have the Operation: Mechagon Achievement you're good (Dungeon can be skipped).

I unlocked all 10 Allied Races this past summer. You needed a level 50+ Character to do the Unlock Quest Chains and the unlock quest chains are Faction Specific. For example you can do Operation Mechagon as Horde but the Mechagnome Unlock Quest Chain MUST be done on a level 50+ Alliance Character.
    Now you absolutely have to be level 60. I tried hard to avoid going into Shadowlands, because I wanted to do it on a new character, but my dailies were done, world quests too, so I decded just to do the initial quests that get you settled in Shadowlands and right after I hit 60, the Allied race quests were available at the Stormwind Embassy. Which makes no sense since those wre supose to be for two expansions ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you absolutely have to be level 60. I tried hard to avoid going into Shadowlands, because I wanted to do it on a new character, but my dailies were done, world quests too, so I decded just to do the initial quests that get you settled in Shadowlands and right after I hit 60, the Allied race quests were available at the Stormwind Embassy. Which makes no sense since those wre supose to be for two expansions ago.
    Weird but if it's any consolation, Dracthyr are level 60 after you finish their starting experience.

I'm not surprised to hear SL is the new WoD: A Leveling Experience no one wants to do more than once if they don't have to.

Allied Race Unlock Quests were 50. No idea why they upscaled it to 60. Makes no sense to do that. LF Draenei was painful to do and more so knowing it was glitched when I did it.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Weird but if it's any consolation, Dracthyr are level 60 after you finish their starting experience.

I'm not surprised to hear SL is the new WoD: A Leveling Experience no one wants to do more than once if they don't have to.

Allied Race Unlock Quests were 50. No idea why they upscaled it to 60. Makes no sense to do that. LF Draenei was painful to do and more so knowing it was glitched when I did it.
    The difference here is that WoD leveling is still at least marginally fun. SL never was, and never will be. Horrifying experience all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

WoD: A Leveling Experience no one wants to do more than once if they don't have to.
    What kind of moronic idiot thinks that when WoD gave this god damn game the best leveling it ever had????

What?! Draenor is my favourite zone to level in. And the fastest. I do it on every single alt and I have 39 of them that are now 50+. Pretty sure WoD is known for amazing leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    What kind of moronic idiot thinks that when WoD gave this god damn game the best leveling it ever had????
    True, WoD zones and leveling are some of the best ever added. That the expansion had other shortcomings, that's a different thing.

Yeah lol. Not only is WoD the fastest to level in, but it also has the best variety which we have never seen since then with each zone having a huge variety of bonus objectives and different ones too + different quests depending on which zone bonus you choose.

WoD was definitely a lackluster expansion and they clearly could not finish what they have planned for release, but the leveling is amazing.

Imagine different people having different opinions right... If you think that the Tanana intro and unlocking your garrison is the peak of wow content, go you!

I'd rather do some fun classic zones instead

The leveling is literally the only good thing about WoD lol. It's the perfect combination of storytelling and freedom, with varied and distinct zones, sensible layouts, relevant side stuff, and balanced and reasonable quest lines. No other expansion leveling flows as well as WoD does, while never feeling like you're on rails, and never feeling like you're wasting time. They NAILED it with WoD leveling, especially with scaled zones so you can go wherever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Imagine different people having different opinions right... If you think that the Tanana intro and unlocking your garrison is the peak of wow content, go you!

I'd rather do some fun classic zones instead
    wow! content that can be bypassed with the timeless island trick instantly negates all the great leveling WoD had!!!! WOW I SAY !!!!!!!

when I did it.
    Actually, WoD has become the go to leveling expansion since Chromie Time became a thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

yikes take

15+ Year Old Account
    The changes to BFA content are because everything now scales from 1-60 instead of 1-50.

Stuff like this definitely makes me feel out of touch with what the majority of the playerbase wants. Shadowlands easily had my favorite leveling of any expansion as a whole; I loved Maldraxxus and Revendreth in particular. I also loved the original restricted Maw and Torghast, something else the masses seem to despise for reasons that baffle me.