Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm amazed at how many options these things have to still end up looking like characters did pre-updates. I don't care enough to figure out what it is that makes these things look like they have all of 5 polygons and 12 pixels - not just on my machine but in every screenshot of them - but it's just so weirdly out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Is that right? No female dracthyr bodies?
    Do you need boobs on a dragon? There are body frames that look quite feminine.
    Last edited by Lionwoman; 2022-11-16 at 03:27 AM. Reason: grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Is that right? No female dracthyr bodies? I honestly had no idea.

That really does feel extremely low effort from Blizzard. Even more so than not showing our gear.

Sheesh.
    Have you every seen female body-parts on any of the female dragons?

Dragons have always looked unisex.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm amazed at how many options these things have to still end up looking like characters did pre-updates. I don't care enough to figure out what it is that makes these things look like they have all of 5 polygons and 12 pixels - not just on my machine but in every screenshot of them - but it's just so weirdly out of place.
    Explain?! Surely that isn’t a bad thing?!!

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lol2022 View Post
    Everything about the drakfurries, including the renaming to "body type 1 body type 2", screams tranny pandering.

This isn't "hatespeech" or "bigotry" (none of you even know what that means anymore), it's just facts.

They've made it incredibly convoluted for people to easily identify as male or female with this race, from the names of the body (MALE or FEMALE) to the appearance itself and no matter what settings you choose, you have to compromise something.

I don't see what the point of appealing to a minority of people, many of whom are brainwashed by big pharma to mutilate their bodies (transgerder people have a 50% suicide rate btw, documented), other than sjw points.

But hey, portraits don't have boobs anymore....vae victis I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

One-class race and one-race class that practically can't wear gear. Sorry, but they're so low-effort it hurts, and slapping on a few alternate tail meshes and some body spikes doesn't change that.

I think I can live with the looks, since the damn class plays like a dream. From flying to DPSing it feels better then anything else. The DPS rotation is not complex, but still fun and very effective. Haven't managed to test the healing yet, will do that today.

I still hope that we will be able to get different races as visages later on. There is no lore reason why this shouldn't be possible and it can't be too difficult to program. Just allow us to pick all races that we have unlocked. I do not need the draconic features, I shut most of them off anyway (I don't really see the point of using a visage to disguise my dragon form and then wear huge horns on my head, kinda goes against the purpose).

Allow us access to the races for now, then you can add the draconic customizations over the time of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    Have you every seen female body-parts on any of the female dragons?

Dragons have always looked unisex.
    I want my male dracthyr to have an extra tail.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    One-class race and one-race class that practically can't wear gear. Sorry, but they're so low-effort it hurts, and slapping on a few alternate tail meshes and some body spikes doesn't change that.
    This is a truly alien and meaningless use of the phrase "low effort". Utterly disconnected from what "low effort" means in the real world.

Just disliking an approach doesn't make it "low effort". As a race they're clearly high-effort, likewise as a class.

But you dislike the single-class lock/exclusion of other races, which is not at all the same thing as being "low effort".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Only thing I really dislike about them is their run animation, looks like they are frolicking through a flower field. Their arms sway way too much and they are so bouncy, I think its mostly the arm sway that I dislike so much. Its not terrible when your looking from behind but looking at them run from a side angle eeh.
    Yeah that'd be my major criticism. They should have had them either lean forwards more so they look more threatening whilst running, or given them more of a raptor-like posture.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I love everything about them but the limited transmog. It nags at me every second that I'm playing.

The customization is great. It really makes my human main jealous of the hairstyles and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This is a truly alien and meaningless use of the phrase "low effort". Utterly disconnected from what "low effort" means in the real world.

Just disliking an approach doesn't make it "low effort". As a race they're clearly high-effort, likewise as a class.

But you dislike the single-class lock/exclusion of other races, which is not at all the same thing as being "low effort".
    Effort means being able to let a "new race" wear most if not all gear pieces.

Effort means allowing it to be as many classes as befit the race and as many races as befit the class. You don't think they deliberately decided against all these things for reasons other than it being more work than they were prepared to do, right?

You can contend with my proclamation that it's low-effort, but it is objectively less effort than what I mentioned above.

Drackthyrs themselves look fineee.... ish. Their visage form on the other hand are trully horryifing... kinda like something that would come straight outta pride parade or smth.
    Ugh. They should just give them a way to just pick any of normal looking races of chice as their visage. there. done.
    There is absolutely 0 logic behind humanodeized dragon to take a form of a humanoid... with horns and scales all over their faces. Like wtf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Effort means being able to let a "new race" wear most if not all gear pieces.

Effort means allowing it to be as many classes as befit the race and as many races as befit the class. You don't think they deliberately decided against all these things for reasons other than it being more work than they were prepared to do, right?

You can contend with my proclamation that it's low-effort, but it is objectively less effort than what I mentioned above.
    Giving dracthyrs acces to other classes wouldn't really take much effort... perhaps excluding druids.
    Still I kinda like that race-class restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    I'm now imagining an entire server full of indistinguishable random Murloc-speak names, and it sounds hilarious.

Of course, in DF you have to visit a version of Azeroth where evolution chose Murlocs and so everyone is a Murloc...
    Would that include the titans then?
    Since humans and humanoids are ultimately titan derived.

Would that also mean Mrglune, sire Demrrfglllrrghius and Zvrrrrllll the janitor exist? Ammrggghhrllll'thhrrrr the allfather? Srrrrggrrrs the fallen mrltan?
    Mrglllimonde the defiler and Krrrl'Jddn the deceiver?

So many mrrghlibilities...
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The base model looks fine. It offers enough breadth of customizations to appease most imo. The choice to limit transmog to just shoulders and belt (which last I checked in the beta was buggy af) was a huge mistake.

But still, I find it more concerning that its just a clunky, non-fluid class.
    Listen I've been playing WoW for almost 18 years now. I have been paying around on the Drachthyr a few days now and they feel very fluid to me. Matter of fact I find them to be highly mobile around the battlefield to the point when I play a less mobile class like paladin I feel like a snail. I've played around with Monk and DH as well since when and to me they feel almost on par with those classes.

The ability to be able to cast on the move with hover having 2 charges and their buff which lowers the CD down to 30 sec makes a big difference.

On top of that I was able to customize mine to look like a Dark Onyxia style dragon and the visage to look very close to each other. To the point where I can't really imagine switching the way I look on either side. Which is a problem in itself in the fact that I feel I nailed his look already and don't have anywhere else to go with it transmog or customization wise.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Giving dracthyrs acces to other classes wouldn't really take much effort... perhaps excluding druids.
    Still I kinda like that race-class restriction.
    Arguably true. Druids, Shamans and maybe Paladins are the only ones that come to mind that would require the work (Demon Hunters as well, but Drachtyr would never become those, anyway). Also depends on what anims the Drachtyr rig has available, though.

The female model was a lot better than i expected even though it has a really bad mouth for all face types. The dragon form is still too much of a noodle.

They look horrible. Like furry gay dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that'd be my major criticism. They should have had them either lean forwards more so they look more threatening whilst running, or given them more of a raptor-like posture.
    He's saying no option to show off armor despite you being able to put armor on them in customization is extremely low effort. Obviously they have the tech to do it just chose not to and that is correct. The class design or playstyle is not what is being discussed.

This image has almost 8k points on reddit and it was made just after Dracthyr were released. Famelic Lizards suck hard.