Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean shit for us Americans this is a damned blessing. I know half of y'all take the week off for whatever reason but for us this is the Monday after Thanksgiving most of us ain't getting that off since a lot of us probably took this week off cause you know holiday or taking the next big holiday off...

Then we get the always forgotten fact that it's about a 60/40 chance launch ain't going to be smooth
    Yeah, this is the best way of doing it, the window between launch and NA reset is simply too small, especially considering that the servers might not be stable for the first couple of days, or something else interferes with those precious few hours between launch and reset, some players will probably be mad, but for the vast majority it is a good thing.

Woah, hopefull we will be able to somehow survive this extreme content drought. I'm literally shaking already because I won't be able to run mythic on day one.

Honestly, I wouldn’t have cared either.

Having zero interest in the 3 pillars endgame, I will as usual take my time to follow the story while leveling up (usually at least 2-3 weeks, I don’t have much time to play).

Can’t wait to see new zones!

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Good change, especially the first time through players should be able to take a little time to read through quests, enjoy the cutscenes without skipping, etc. And it's not a positive for the game to indirectly incentivize players to rush though, not read quests, and skip cutscenes speeding to 70 for an extra round of weeklies.

I wonder if we have some reliable stats about what % of players hits max level within 24 hours (clock hours, not /played) or any exp launch.

I bet we are well below 5%.

One good thing about this is with the extra time that week you can level more alts and have them prepped for when mythic comes out. Before you would need to either play more to gear your main and level an alt or split some time between them.

I see some commenters here saying this is hand-holding for "casuals", helping "bads", etc. I'm afraid that these people are so mentally ill that they don't realize it is actually hand-holding and a help to THEM, to those that would no-life in a ridiculous fashion. That behaviour is attributable to (fortunately) only a tiny percentage of wow's playerbase, and unhealthy and socially toxic in the extreme.

It is also rather off-putting to potential new players, and therefore to wow's continued success and prosperity as an MMO.

It would be prudent and wise for Blizzard to continue to prune this sort of extreme behaviour (and if necessary the related players).

Modus omnibus in rebus
    Last edited by Dinousek; 2022-11-23 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    If you were someone who weren't doing this it has no effect on you.

If you were someone who were going to do this, it harmed you.

An objectively bad change with no positives and only negatives. Nu-wow audience will, of course, praise it as brilliant and innovative. Nothing quite beats the feeling of maliciously harming other people purely for your own self-satisfaction. The final stage of dopamine burnout, when you can only feel good via sadism.
    Except that it does harm people even if you're unwilling to face it.
    As WoW is a comparative cooperative/competitive game your relative power matters, thus if another gains such an advantage you lose directly.
    By being less potent and thus less desirable compared to others in cooperation, and by being outright weaker in direct competition.

Not wanting to see != Not existing

Mind you that this does not mean i either endorse or decry this particular action by Blizz, i'm just pointing out a fault in your analysis.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-11-23 at 02:23 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi1337 View Post
    One good thing about this is with the extra time that week you can level more alts and have them prepped for when mythic comes out. Before you would need to either play more to gear your main and level an alt or split some time between them.
    It's a single day. You need to be REALLY efficient to level alts in that time AND prep them for mythic.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    If you were someone who weren't doing this it has no effect on you.

If you were someone who were going to do this, it harmed you.

An objectively bad change with no positives and only negatives. Nu-wow audience will, of course, praise it as brilliant and innovative. Nothing quite beats the feeling of maliciously harming other people purely for your own self-satisfaction. The final stage of dopamine burnout, when you can only feel good via sadism.
    Genuinely, your opinion sucks. I'm glad that you're going to be forced to be on the same curve as the rest of us that actually have lives outside of WoW. Boo-hoo, you miss out on a week of rewards that you weren't going to power through to get anyway on day 1. Sad. I hope somebody compensates you. You're going to have to do it on day 2 instead. This is just straight up oppression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

I have a couple recommendations for experiencing DF. Sometimes you really just need to relax and enjoy the ride. Two stand-out experiences for me in Beta were:

1) Sitting with the "dwarf" on the ledge at the flight point. He says a couple things and then you both just sit there and stare into the distance (which is a great view to contemplate) for a few minutes, then his name reappears and you can interact with him and prompt him to continue the story and the cycle repeats. The whole thing takes probably 15-20 minutes, which is time well spent if you care anything about experiencing the game beyond a rush-rush min-max spreadsheet thing.

2) Shortly after the start of the second zone, you'll be asked to join a caravan and a dog-like beast is provided for you to ride along. The caravan moves slowly and the people in it tell you stories of their people and history as you go along. A couple of stops are made along the way where you get quests to collect food for the caravan etc. By the end it feels like the trip has gone on for like three days and you must have traveled across the whole expansion, but in fact it's really just about 1/4 of the way across the zone. I found this to be really epic immersion and storytelling and a great way to make the world seem big and alive. Another strongly recommended experience.

Yes, both of these have "I am a busy person and DGIF about your story crap" shortcuts, but honestly you're losing out if you take them.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Yes, both of these have "I am a busy person and DGIF about your story crap" shortcuts, but honestly you're losing out if you take them.
    Don't think i've read a single story line since TBC. It just doesn't interest me, like, AT ALL.
    What interest me is the actual gameplay of wow. Raiding, doing m+ etc.
    Everything else has zero value to me. People are different. I'm not losing out on anything because it doesn't interest me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    If you "feel the need" to level, gear and clear m0s in 30 hours, then it's your own problem. It's a game, nobody is forced to do anything, you play it the way you want. Some people love to race and do things within a limited window, it's part of the fun and the challenge.

This is basically a casual/bad player protection so their fragile egos are safeguarded from getting outpaced too early. It also makes no sense because casual/bad players are never going to keep up with the pace anyway, I don't see any positives in preventing people from playing the game in any way they want especially when there are two weeks after those 30 hours in which there is basically nothing to do outside of leveling, and trivially clearing heroics/m0.

As said before, the first week, which happens to be the dullest content-wise, now is 8.2 days long instead of 7 days long. Not the end of the world I suppose, but it also wasn't the end of the world to just let people play for some stakes during those first 30 hours.
    This is hard projection and you should take your own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    Leveling takes 8 hours if you're really casual about it, and doing 8 dungeons takes 8 hours if you're really bad at the game. And that's it.
    soo you only do every dungeon once before the m+ season or what? what exactly is stoping you from runing hc dungeons or bgs?

honestly what exactly is it you wanted to do on the very first day, run mythic dungeons in questing greens with other people in questing greens?
    bcs tbh id rather not, sounds like hell doing dungeon with undergeared people who have no clue what to do in the instance...

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT, the "normies" with jobs and/or families appreciating that Blizzard didn't create a situation where you were behind if you have responsibilities beyond just playing a game, while those with no responsibilities are up in arms that they're not allowed to Hot Pocket and no-shower their way to leveling to max and clearing all the mythics, weeklies, dailies, world boss, etc, in the first day.

I enjoy mythic raids and mythic+ up to 20s or so, so I'm neither hardcore nor casual, but it's nice when a game company doesn't incentivize unhealthy patterns of play just to feel like you're not holding your raid team or other groups back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    soo you only do every dungeon once before the m+ season or what? what exactly is stoping you from runing hc dungeons or bgs?

honestly what exactly is it you wanted to do on the very first day, run mythic dungeons in questing greens with other people in questing greens?
    bcs tbh id rather not, sounds like hell doing dungeon with undergeared people who have no clue what to do in the instance...
    Yes, m0 has a weekly loot cap. The ilvl is what matters. Heroic dungeons doesn't provide that.
    People who level in hours and aim to gear usually knows what they're doing and they're doing it in organized groups.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    ITT, the "normies" with jobs and/or families appreciating that Blizzard didn't create a situation where you were behind if you have responsibilities beyond just playing a game, while those with no responsibilities are up in arms that they're not allowed to Hot Pocket and no-shower their way to leveling to max and clearing all the mythics, weeklies, dailies, world boss, etc, in the first day.

I enjoy mythic raids and mythic+ up to 20s or so, so I'm neither hardcore nor casual, but it's nice when a game company doesn't incentivize unhealthy patterns of play just to feel like you're not holding your raid team or other groups back.
    i currently have no responsibilities and still think this is good idea, i can take my time before wednesday reset to get familiar with zones and dungs at lvl cap without nolifing

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    It's a single day. You need to be REALLY efficient to level alts in that time AND prep them for mythic.
    You are right. I misread the blue and thought it would be until the reset the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinousek View Post
    they don't realize it is actually hand-holding and a help to THEM, to those that would no-life in a ridiculous fashion. That behaviour is attributable to (fortunately) only a tiny percentage of wow's playerbase, and unhealthy and socially toxic in the extreme.
    Yeah, this is Blizzard trying to save people from themselves. If that is necessary is debatable, but imo Blizzard does have at least in part a responsibility to not support degenerative or potentially selfharming behaviour in their games.

That said, I am 100% sure that the usual suspects who whine about it here in this thread would absolutely come and whine about how they are forced to nolife to 70 and run all them mythics in less than a day. The very same people, they like to complain just to complain.