Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    actually its not. the Constitution actually says do not establish religion NOR ban religion. it takes a neutral posture on religion, which is not godless. the Constitution is more agnostic to avoid controversy.
    Did you miss this bit?

We need to take control of the media or take control of the government and force the people to believe what we believe or force them to play by our rules and reshape the society.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    actually its not. the Constitution actually says do not establish religion NOR ban religion. it takes a neutral posture on religion, which is not godless. the Constitution is more agnostic to avoid controversy.
    Not respecting any establishment of religion means the USA must remain actively non-religious. Necessarily "godless", as it cannot engage politically with the concept of religion to any extent greater than a vaguely spiritual concept of faith in some divine force, which is not "religion".

The Constitution protects the individual's right to hold a religion, but absolutely demands that said personal religion never be entered into law. That if you have a religious objection to a thing, that provides absolutely no argument for legislation on that subject. It, in fact, must be refused as an argument. Not just a passive irreligiousness, but an active hostility to the establishment of any religious rules. Any view more specific than "some divinity might exist" must be rejected, as recognizing and enshrining anything more is an establishment of religion to some degree or another.

It's absolutely not neutral at the legislative level. It isn't about the personal level.

Does anybody actually take Fuentes seriously? He's been on this dictatorship spiel for eons. Everything about the grassroots super-religious neo-Conservative "family values" movement has been so blatantly fasc-adjacent that it actually surprises me there's literally anybody who supports it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Does anybody actually take Fuentes seriously? He's been on this dictatorship spiel for eons. Everything about the grassroots super-religious neo-Conservative "family values" movement has been so blatantly fasc-adjacent that it actually surprises me there's literally anybody who supports it.
    Republicans do. They have gone to his rallies and conventions. So, til they get rid of him, he's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Republicans do. They have gone to his rallies and conventions. So, til they get rid of him, he's a problem.
    That's just it... he doesn't even seem to have that much support within the Republican base. You know you've got an issue when even the people you're desperately appealing to think you're too extreme.

That's just it... he doesn't even seem to have that much support within the Republican base. You know you've got an issue when even the people you're desperately appealing to think you're too extreme.
    The fuck he doesn't.

He made the America First Political Action Committee when he wasn't allowed to speak at CPAC. It has had speakers like literal Nazis like himself, leaders of Nazi groups like the Identity Evropa, the Red Elephants leader Vincent James, Paul Gosar, Marjorie Taylor Greene, it has had people from the Blaze, Glenn Beck's platform, Steve King former Representative from Iowa, former Sheriff of Maricopa county Joe Arpaio, Wendy Rogers, Gavin McInnes, Milo Yiannopolous, Jesse Lee Peterson, and Kari Lake was going to show, but she changed her mind.

He was at the Unite the Right rally and the January 6th Insurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    The fuck he doesn't.

He made the America First Political Action Committee when he wasn't allowed to speak at CPAC. It has had speakers like literal Nazis like himself, leaders of Nazi groups like the Identity Evropa, the Red Elephants leader Vincent James, Paul Gosar, Marjorie Taylor Greene, it has had people from the Blaze, Glenn Beck's platform, Steve King former Representative from Iowa, former Sheriff of Maricopa county Joe Arpaio, Wendy Rogers, Gavin McInnes, Milo Yiannopolous, Jesse Lee Peterson, and Kari Lake was going to show, but she changed her mind.

He was at the Unite the Right rally and the January 6th Insurrection.
    I guess what I mean to say is that his ideas and personification are off the radar of people like my father (a self-proclaimed "Centrist/Indepdent") who is a Trump supporter and watches far more Fox News than any single human being should. I'm not trying to downplay the dangerous nature of his rhetoric, I just don't see him as a serious threat as it seems a lot of people (even those on the right) can see through his transparent repackaging of abhorrent political ideology.

I guess what I mean to say is that his ideas and personification are off the radar of people like my father (a self-proclaimed "Centrist/Indepdent") who is a Trump supporter and watches far more Fox News than any single human being should. I'm not trying to downplay the dangerous nature of his rhetoric, I just don't see him as a serious threat as it seems a lot of people (even those on the right) can see through his transparent repackaging of abhorrent political ideology.
    His "abhorrent political ideology" isn't as far out of step with the Republican party as you want to believe. These are people that have spent the last 2 years carrying the lie that the election was stolen while making plans to try and steal it themselves.

The difference is Fuentes just says the quiet part out loud.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    His "abhorrent political ideology" isn't as far out of step with the Republican party as you want to believe. These are people that have spent the last 2 years carrying the lie that the election was stolen while making plans to try and steal it themselves.

The difference is Fuentes just says the quiet part out loud.
    I get it -- it'll just be difficult to convince anybody who hasn't already made up their mind about politics using his rhetoric. If anything, it helps galvanize left-leaning independents because he represents a mouthpiece for the ultimate endgame of "Conservative values" (and the latent fascist-apologia which comes with it).

lol he met trump today

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol he met trump today
    Yeah, I saw that...with Kanye no less. Speaking of, which Defcon is this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems Kanye West is hanging with Nick Fuentes. I don't even know how white supremacists can have the "I have a black friend" line. This is so confusing. Like what the fuck is even going on?

https://twitter.com/BenjaminPDixon/s...59970480787456
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Seems Kanye West is hanging with Nick Fuentes. I don't even know how white supremacists can have the "I have a black friend" line. This is so confusing. Like what the fuck is even going on?

https://twitter.com/BenjaminPDixon/s...59970480787456
    He is also hanging with Milo Yiannopolous, the so called "ex-gay" but still married to a gay black man, guy that Hitler saluted in a full bar while singing America The Beautiful I think, who is tied with Marjorie Taylor Greene.

"Nick Fuentes doesn't represent anything in the mainstream Republican party!"

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/2022...0000?_amp=true

Former U.S. President Donald Trump hosted Kanye West at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida alongside Nick Fuentes, a Holocaust revisionist who has openly questioned the number of Jews killed by the Nazis.
    Yeah, Trump might be much less popular following the midterms, but he's still pretty darned popular.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...less-positive/

Amongst Republicans 60% have some level of "warm feelings" about him, which is still very popular. So in addition to rubbing elbows with Republicans in the House, he's now doing so with a former president and an entertainer suffering from mental health problems who isn't taking his medication and turns out to be an antisemitic nutjob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody actually take Fuentes seriously?
    Yes.

Head of the Republican Party Donald J. Trump does.

Kanye West said Donald Trump was "really impressed" with white nationalist Nick Fuentes when the three met at Mar-a-Lago recently.

In a video posted onto his Twitter account, West discusses the meeting he had between himself, the former president and Fuentes, a Holocaust denier and leader of the far-right group the "Groyper Army."

"Trump is really impressed with Nick Fuentes," West said. "And Nick Fuentes, unlike so many of the lawyers and so many of the people that he was left with on his 2020 campaign, he's actually a loyalist."
    So, yes, until we have specific, direct evidence otherwise, we can and should assume Trump takes Fuentes seriously. Even if Ye was lying, Fuentes was invited. In fact, until we have specific, direct evidence otherwise, I think it's safe to assume Trump supporters, by virtue of being Trump supporters, also take Fuentes seriously.

By the way, Trump supporters, the article I cited did give a little rundown of the guy. Maybe you should look over this list of things your chosen leader takes seriously. And this might be a good time to express your opinion on the subject?

Fuentes is a far-right figurehead and host of the "America First" podcast. Fuentes, who attended the neo-Nazi "unite the right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia in 2017.

In a 2019 livestream, Fuentes compared the atrocities of the Holocaust to baking cookies in an oven, saying that "the math doesn't seem to add up" that six million Jewish people were killed.

The Southern Poverty Law Center describes Fuentes as a "white nationalist live streamer" who sees America's "white demographic core" as central to its identity.

Fuentes's other extremist comments include suggesting segregation "was better" for Black people and that the First Amendment was "not written for Muslims."

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) says Fuentes challenges the mainstream conservative movement while "doubling down on themes central to the white supremacist movement," including pushing racist conspiracy theories about "white genocide" being carried out.

Fuentes founded the America First Political Action Conference (AFPAC) in a bid to counter the more mainstream Republican annual event, the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

In February 2021, Fuentes gave a speech at AFPAC which contained white nationalist rhetoric.

"White people founded this country. This country wouldn't exist without white people, and white people are done being bullied," Fuentes said.
    "But Breccia! Surely you are not saying Trump supporters are all white supremacist Holocaust deniers."

Perish the thought. I'm saying they're willfully following a leader who takes such views seriously and invited them to private meetings. They don't have to refute such views, but that's on them for watching their chosen leader buddy up to someone who promotes those views, repeatedly, in public. And I am free to interpret their lack of denouncing of such views that their chosen leader and their chosen party seems to think are acceptable. If any Trump supporters want to specifically and directly refute the white nationalist and/or Holocaust denial views (preferably and, but it's not my party being discussed here) they are not just allowed to, but encouraged to. If they don't, well, I have no choice but to go with the political party they've chosen to be part of and the leader they've chosen to follow. And that's on them, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Yeah, Trump might be much less popular following the midterms, but he's still pretty darned popular.

Amongst Republicans 60% have some level of "warm feelings" about him, which is still very popular. So in addition to rubbing elbows with Republicans in the House, he's now doing so with a former president and an entertainer suffering from mental health problems who isn't taking his medication and turns out to be an antisemitic nutjob.
    umm?

Kanye further claimed that Trump was "impressed" with white nationalist Nick Fuentes. The rapper additionally said Trump was attempting to relate to him by sounding like a mob boss.

There is a thread here bout to post on Trump thread. It's Kanye's account and idk who this person is reporting and how accurate. I don't care. I just Love It!!!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

We really do live in the worst timeline. I feel like I willed this story into existence by expressing (apparently too-optimistic) skepticism of Fuentes' influence on the right.

I'm sorry.

We really do live in the worst timeline. I feel like I willed this story into existence by expressing (apparently too-optimistic) skepticism of Fuentes' influence on the right.

I'm sorry.
    nobody could predict a reality in which donald, ye and the bedwetter incel nick conspire to otherthrow US democracy and might have a good chance of it. Imagine saying it to yourself 10 years ago.

I still think MTG will be his running mate.

nobody could predict a reality in which donald, ye and the bedwetter incel nick conspire to otherthrow US democracy and might have a good chance of it. Imagine saying it to yourself 10 years ago.

While the past 10ish years have definitely been an unexpected downward spiral if someone told me that in 2022 Kanye West will be spearheading a African American anti-semitic movement aligned with the Republican Party which now has a youth wing lead by a Catholic monarchist I would have told them that they lost their goddamned minds.

10+ Year Old Account

I don’t think these clods have much of a chance moving forward. Trump is losing his appeal and the GOP are making movements to free themselves of him and transition to someone that doesn’t say the quiet part loud and whom they can actually control.

Fuentes and Kanye’s appeal is equally limited. And Sarah palin is like 75% less crazy than MTG and her Vice presidency bid did nothing but damage McCain’s candidacy.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.