Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I meant any pseudos being found in a gen. Like GS for example, Dratini is available on the route south of Blackthorn, so ~8th gym; you cant get that gens pseudo until mt silver after the 16th gym.
    So you cant get that gens pseudo until pretty much end game, but you can get A pseudo about halfway thru.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The tumble weed and scarab evolve with the lets go walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    hate to break it to you but there are two more mons that have the wonderful "walk 1000 steps" mechanic to evolve (as far as i know maybe there are even more, dunno atm)
    *gags* at least theres a relatively easy place to judge steps that I found but it's still so time consuming making sure I move slow enough that the mon doesnt go back into its ball (fly back to your house, run down to the mansion where you meet Nemora and run back. 2.5 laps is allegedly 1k steps, but I did 3.5 to be safe. Idk why they didnt put a friggin step counter in ffs
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    *gags* at least theres a relatively easy place to judge steps that I found but it's still so time consuming making sure I move slow enough that the mon doesnt go back into its ball (fly back to your house, run down to the mansion where you meet Nemora and run back. 2.5 laps is allegedly 1k steps, but I did 3.5 to be safe. Idk why they didnt put a friggin step counter in ffs
    The Tumble Weed's fully evolved form is catchable nearby the fighting star base (so late game). So if you aren't looking to use it, you can just catch it.

And all are available via 4 or 5 star raids.

Pawmo is the least annoying because it can keep up fairly well, the other two not so much.

---

I got a shiny Iron Hands today on a side note. I was trying for a Shiny Iron Thorns to name Dragonzord, but didn't get it yet.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-11-29 at 02:42 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The Tumble Weed's fully evolved form is catchable nearby the fighting star base (so late game). So if you aren't looking to use it, you can just catch it.

And all are available via 4 or 5 star raids.

Pawmo is the least annoying because it can keep up fairly well, the other two not so much.

---

I got a shiny Iron Hands today on a side note. I was trying for a Shiny Iron Thorns to name Dragonzord, but didn't get it yet.
    Nice, grats!

Evolved Pawmi > Pawmo > Pawmot and pray there isnt another 'walk x steps in Let's Go mode' evolution.
    There are atleast 3 of those.

Hopped back in after the WoW maint. started. Caught a Goomy, Charcadet, and a shiny Nacli. Evolved Pawmi > Pawmo > Pawmot and pray there isnt another 'walk x steps in Let's Go mode' evolution.

Overall pretty good 2 hours. Surprised I found a Pseudo so early, based on it just being over a land bridge in Area 2, looks like you can get one pre 1st badge. Probably one of the earliest pseudos ingame and in general pokemon history?
    There is the infamous level 9 Salamence or Bagon you can get in us/um. Other than that i don't think any was available quite as early. Larvesta is also just walking around in masses when it was a very rare spawn in past games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    There is the infamous level 9 Salamence or Bagon you can get in us/um. Other than that i don't think any was available quite as early. Larvesta is also just walking around in masses when it was a very rare spawn in past games.
    Ah, fair point about the Bagon/Salamence. It's after the first "gym" in USUM, but probably earlier or about the same play time to get to it.

aside from all the technical fiasko one of my biggest problem are shinies
    I mean it's a new gen and I dont even know all the regular colour from the new mons and even older ones I don't know or remember because 2D sprite is kinda different than a 3D model
    I got that jumping pig from gen 3 by sheer coincidence because I thought it had a different color but was not sure, so it was a 50/50 chance for me
    or that elephant thing from gen 7 or 8 if it did't run around with its other species I wouldn't have known that it's a shiny

I really hope they patch that atleast give them sth to differ in the open world or sounds like in Legends

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    aside from all the technical fiasko one of my biggest problem are shinies
    I mean it's a new gen and I dont even know all the regular colour from the new mons and even older ones I don't know or remember because 2D sprite is kinda different than a 3D model
    I got that jumping pig from gen 3 by sheer coincidence because I thought it had a different color but was not sure, so it was a 50/50 chance for me
    or that elephant thing from gen 7 or 8 if it did't run around with its other species I wouldn't have known that it's a shiny

I really hope they patch that atleast give them sth to differ in the open world or sounds like in Legends
    On the contrary, I think of shinies as a form of reward/luck. Reward for dedication to getting one either through traditional wild hunting, or breeding; and luck because, well, that's pretty much what determines it. In the past, it's just been a different coloured sprite popping up in the battle screen; and now we actually see pokemon in the wild and get to hunt them - there are hundreds of pokemon visible at once in an area, and so the chances of a shiny one appearing increases. And so that increased chance is balanced by requiring you to use your instincts - that doesn't look right? Encounter! Oh, it's just a Gible under weird lighting...

Just my 2 cents.

On the topic of shinies, I just got my 2nd shiny! Shiny Spoink. Was riding around looking for Nymbles - want a shiny one :P and saw a cute pink piggo hopping around.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the contrary, I think of shinies as a form of reward/luck. Reward for dedication to getting one either through traditional wild hunting, or breeding; and luck because, well, that's pretty much what determines it. In the past, it's just been a different coloured sprite popping up in the battle screen; and now we actually see pokemon in the wild and get to hunt them - there are hundreds of pokemon visible at once in an area, and so the chances of a shiny one appearing increases. And so that increased chance is balanced by requiring you to use your instincts - that doesn't look right? Encounter! Oh, it's just a Gible under weird lighting...

Just my 2 cents.

On the topic of shinies, I just got my 2nd shiny! Shiny Spoink. Was riding around looking for Nymbles - want a shiny one :P and saw a cute pink piggo hopping around.
    There is a way to get a increased chance on specific shiny (but you gota look at right area) and there are 2 downsides:
    A) You gota spam 5 star raid battles so you get the right mystic herbs
    B) You need to make a sandwich with a totaly right materials to get:
    Shiny Rank 3
    Element Rank 3
    Encounter Rank 3
    C) Save before you start making a sandwich and be sure auto is disabled as even that will not get you a 100% chance on finding one. Then you just gota run araund and spam auto battle
    Don't sweat the details!!!

And so that increased chance is balanced by requiring you to use your instincts - that doesn't look right? Encounter! Oh, it's just a Gible under weird lighting...
    but if you don't even know if it's a shiny? how can you trust your intsinct here?
    there are ~100 new pokemon and let us say you didn't play atleast one of the earlier generations, so there are even more new pokemon for you to discover how do you know if it is a shiny when you meet it alone without other pokemon to compare colors? I doubt you will use google for evey pokemon to check if it's a shiny or not
    in legends you heard atleast a sound and think "hey, there was a noise, something special must be around here!"
    I just don't get why they didn't bring that over to SV

7+ Year Old Account
    There is a way to get a increased chance on specific shiny (but you gota look at right area) and there are 2 downsides:
    A) You gota spam 5 star raid battles so you get the right mystic herbs
    B) You need to make a sandwich with a totaly right materials to get:
    Shiny Rank 3
    Element Rank 3
    Encounter Rank 3
    C) Save before you start making a sandwich and be sure auto is disabled as even that will not get you a 100% chance on finding one. Then you just gota run araund and spam auto battle
    Just to add to this. 5 star raids are easily soloable with the right mons. Sadly, two are Violet exclusives (Iron Hands and Cerueledge). But, other mons do a good job. One of the best is Gholdengo, but he isn't the easiest to obtain either.

Also, for sandwiches, there is this helpful thing people have made: https://imgur.com/a/BTuymY3
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Just imagine how fucked up the future is in the pokemon universe in order for all the pokemon to be robotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just imagine how fucked up the future is in the pokemon universe in order for all the pokemon to be robotic.
    Or just Robotnik showed up in pokemon universe and pretty much taken over the planet as people dont even fight in this world

- - - Updated - - -

......this is funny...not even a good week...

......this is funny...not even a good week...
    Shockinly, emulating Switch games on RTX4090 gives you some frames.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, we don't actually know that, as there are less than 10 future paradox mons.

And the name is paradox. So, it is possible that these pokemon aren't actually from the future of the timeline. I mean why call them "Paradox" and not Future and Past forms respectively? If the are actually pokemon from the future, what is paradoxical about that?
    –The Sith Code

Well, we don't actually know that, as there are less than 10 future paradox mons.

And the name is paradox. So, it is possible that these pokemon aren't actually from the future of the timeline. I mean why call them "Paradox" and not Future and Past forms respectively? If the are actually pokemon from the future, what is paradoxical about that?
    The fact that pokemon in the future are now in the past? Same with the "past" paradox pokemon being in the present (future). If the theming of these games is past and future then these would be time paradox pokemon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The fact that pokemon in the future are now in the past? Same with the "past" paradox pokemon being in the present (future). If the theming of these games is past and future then these would be time paradox pokemon.
    The theme of the game is finding your treasure.

And it is canon that the pokemon existed in the crater prior to the time machine existing.

How is a future pokemon coming to the present a "paradox"? Time travel isn't paradoxical. There are time traveling paradoxes (ie Grandfather Paradox or Bootstrap Paradox). But, simply something being displaced in time wouldn't be a paradox.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm i dont think those sandwiches help with shiny. I did 7 runs (30 min each) and each run i killed araund 400 chardets and not a single one was there. (and yes i restart the game after as those mats are rare)

7+ Year Old Account
    Hm i dont think those sandwiches help with shiny. I did 7 runs (30 min each) and each run i killed araund 400 chardets and not a single one was there. (and yes i restart the game after as those mats are rare)
    I am pretty sure you didn't even reach odds yet. Just bad RNG.

---

Just looked it up. And yes, you aren't at odds. It is 1 in ~512 if you have charm, outbreak at 60, and sparkling power 3.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-11-30 at 06:04 PM.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure you didn't even reach odds yet. Just bad RNG.

---

Just looked it up. And yes, you aren't at odds. It is 1 in ~512 if you have charm, outbreak at 60, and sparkling power 3.
    400 per run (with auto battle).