Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I refuse to believe you're not trolling. If you actually are being serious, seek therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I do think that once the honeymoon will be over, many would ask themselves exactly that - "ok, now what?".
    you enjoy what you like. weather if thats raid, m+, bgs, arenas.... tmogs, pets, achies, dragonriding, professions, gold farming...

you can choose WHATEVER YOU WANT.

And youre completely free. You're not obliged to farm ANY "borrowed power" if you wish to play first 3 of mentioned above.

If theres no "reason" to log in? So what? Better that than hamster wheel!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenoteeth View Post
    AIn't trolling, I want your thoughts on the issue
    No, you don't, you're here to troll and start some bullshit.

No one liked all those expansion-only systems. They literally said the biggest complaint from the player base was these systems specifically. Which, if yo have an account on this site, I'm sure you already know.

So in essence, you're being a dickhead and a troll. Stop it. Get some help.

5+ Year Old Account
    Let's see how it plays out but I'd be lying if I said I'm confident Dragonflight will be fine without a progression system of some kind.

There is a reason Artifactpower/Titanforging was added to the game, that reason is called Warlords of raidlog/garrison afking.

They could have at least added some very rare items to m+ too and not just to raids.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-11-30 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I do think that once the honeymoon will be over, many would ask themselves exactly that - "ok, now what?".
    Exactly the same as always.

Do you think people logged in and did only Thorgast or Ilands the lasz 2 expansions? Becuase that is the only thing that is gone.
    The content you did to get the stupid fucking AP is still there. You can now just CHOOSE to do it and still be a viable player if you don't. Or do 1000DPS less because you went on vacation for two weeks.

Completly ignoring that everything else has been expanded upon except raiding. Mythic+ has a higher goal with 20ies. Open world stuff is a TON more interseting. Profession will keep you busy for months.

I dinged 70 and I checked out new content, some are familiar like from good ol' Legion days, some features improved or revamped, but overall they removed all the systems that made Legion/BFA/Shadowlands great, which at the end this expansion will suffer.

Thoughts?
    At this point they have driven away so many people that don't like the excessive systems, that they are probably making the double mistake of offending the players left playing the game that like systems. This could backfire so wildly that they will go back to the time sink systems believing that it is the only thing that will work.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Yes and anyone missied that ?
    no its just a troll
    "i dont have anything to do"
    each zone has a system where you can grind something to make things easier for example
    azure span has cobalt assembly essentially open world torghast
    plains has the centaur hunts
    valdrakken has waayyy too much
    waking shores has the dragonbane keep and the expedition

Good riddance to bad systems. There is plenty to do in the game without it feeling like a job. You don’t need an unending chore such as AP grinds that last an expansion and disappear. I’m glad they’ve decided to focus on systems that can remain in the game. I get that for many, wow is their only game, but honestly there are tons of games out there, not to mention most people have lives to live and jobs. It was awful game design to make people clock into their second job just because people want to do endless world quests and resource farming. We can finally freely play whatever class/spec we want on any given day without being gimped by “did you get your legendary?” “Did you keep up with your ap grind?” “What’s your reknown?” “Do you have your fifty million resources/currencies?.”

From what it looks like currently the game is in a better shape now than it has been in years and I’m having a blast, as are all my friends. I hope blizzard keeps it up and never again tries to make a terrible single expansion long gimmick that is trash at launch and therefore they have to spent and entire expansion fixing it. This is where the game needs to stay. I’m sorry to everyone who refuse to go past world quest farming, but I’m okay with WoW having a bit of a higher bar than that. If you’re bored I suggest doing some of the actual content. M+, Raiding, Collecting, PvP. Try alts. We’re seemingly free at long last to play the game without terrible system restrictions and I for one say Amen.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    That was kind, I would say a 2 at most.
    they called shadowlands great... anything more than 0 is generous in my opinion. people (including me) were missing wod because at least we could enjoy the game back then.

No issue, BFA and Shadowlands would have been better expansions if they cut those systems out the day before launch.

Thoughts?
    I'm happy with it
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I'm having fun. It's only week 1 of 10.0.
    Maybe too soon to judge all the systems?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I dinged 70 and I checked out new content, some are familiar like from good ol' Legion days, some features improved or revamped, but overall they removed all the systems that made Legion/BFA/Shadowlands great, which at the end this expansion will suffer.

Thoughts?
    Here are my thoughts.

The systems grinds were terrible, because you never did them just once. They were a massive roadblock on every single character. We'll never know if a solid endgame systems grind that you satisfyingly do once and then it enriches the value of your entire account would work... because Blizzard never tried that.

For example... I had a lot of fun doing the Covenant Sanctum activities, once. Seeing an alt walk into a useless Venthry Sanctum that I'd just spent 100s of hours on with another? Absolute buzzkill. Now multiply that with legendaries, Torghast currencies, etc. It was all just too much.

Now Dragonflight both removed the systems, and made the game more alt friendly. We'll see how it pans out. I'm not going to say one way or the other. Personally, I don't mind when MMOs have overarching long form systems, as long as I know that I'm realistically ever going to need to do it once.

Thoughts?
    We found the Legion/BFA/Shadowlands classic server advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    not just other MMOs, but relatively speaking... yes, other MMOs.
    i know comparing one game to another is iffy at best, but man if you want to learn what "alt unfriendly" really means, go play everquest.

i suppose i just can't wrap my head around where you're coming from, because to me "you can have 15 alts on the same account with identical ilevel and alternate power progression at every stage of an expansion with minimal extra effort" is so alt friendly it's almost unbelievable.

i know this is the MMO-C forum and honest engagement on here is ridiculous, but i do genuinely mean this: how were any of the 3 last expansions unfriendly to alts?
    i mean, ok... barring that your expectation for the concept of an "alt" is that on launch day every character on your account is the same level, same ilevel, has the same integer of progression through features, and is basically just on-the-fly identical clones of your main with different spells?
    I played Everquest a little bit back in the day. Total horseshit.

Because for the last couple of xpacs there has been stuff you had to do on each individual character in order to get it "ready" for the content you wanted to do, and thats besides leveling. M+, raids(above lfr/normal), arena, etc. Legion & bfA? Grind AP until your eyes bleed. Getting bored/tierd of your Paladin and want to roll warlock? Well then, level that char to max and grind AP until your eyes bleed! Leveling isnt enough, nono, you gotta grind this neverending currency for the sake of it. Oh and btw, if you miss out a week, you are far behind. BEtter get on that grind again!

Legions saving grace was that it had order halls and the weapons. BfA didnt.

Its not just about having highly geared alts, but creating a chance for everyone to dip into every class & spec the game has to offer. Also, giving people a chance of taking part in decent content without having to grind mindnumbinlgy boring content like AP.

From a personal point of view, having the option of playing many classes & specs makes the game more interesting. Sometimes it even freshens things up a bit. Last couple of xpacs I didnt bother besides leveling a few to max, because I knew what boring grind awaited me after it before I could actually take part in the fun stuff.

And when did I say "on launch day every character on your account is the same level"? Never. But theres something inbetween that and "grind this lunatic currency all day everyday on your main, forget your alts. If you want alts, quit your job".

So far, DF looks to hit the sweet spot. Enough stuff to engage with on my main(I like to collect stuff etc), but doesnt punish those that like having alts.

Its just how it is now. People play several classes. Nothing wrong with that.

It's been out for two days. Too early to call anything.

I'd be interested to see how things are after 1-2 months. Whether it's really just having fun doing whatever, or whether people are back to raid-logging and complaining they have nothing to do. It's hard to tell at this point which of the two we'll see people complain about/praise more.

My personal suspicion is that a lot of casuals WILL indeed get bored after ~2 months, when just doing dungeon after dungeon isn't cutting it for them, and they're all renown'd out. But I could well be wrong. I'll wait and observe.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    You do know that "trial", at that time period, meant players still in their first 30 days of paid gametime, right? Not like the free trial today. So these were people that went out and bought WoW (because digital was not a thing at that time) and were actual, real, players. i.e. part of the playerbase.

Also, you do know that the person I responded to was attempting to refute a quote that specifically talked about the earlier time period of WoW, pre-Cataclysm. So, yeah, I'm gonna use data from the time period in question to talk about the time period in question.

But I'm sure you enjoyed feeling superior and insulting someone for a few moments there.
    Im more like mad on the streamers going journalistic BS. There are so many community members, doing nothing but spreading clickbait news.

Look how uncomfortable you get with the slightest factual confrontation. That's when you realize how bad it is.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-11-30 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    This expansion is going to be WoD 2.0. When players realise there's nothing to do outside of raids/mythics except WQs and invasions they're going to get fed up fast and quit.
    I dont know about you, but yes please. I'm not in school anymore and I'm not addicted to WoW anymore. Let me play other games or even just play around with alts without all the borrowed power barriers or the feeling that "i can't play alts, because i could be grinding AP on my main instead".

If all i have to do is raid, mythic+, and pvp and then log out and play other games or even alts then it would be a dream come true.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2022-11-30 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I dont know about you, but yes please. I'm not in school anymore and I'm not addicted to WoW anymore. Let me play other games or even just play around with alts without all the borrowed power barriers or the feeling that "i can't play alts, because i could be grinding AP on my main instead".

If all i have to do is raid, mythic+, and pvp and then log out and play other games or even alts then it would be a dream come true.
    Yes please. Let wow be a chill game for people who don t raid mythic or try to push high m+ keys and allow us to play a variety of alts as it used to be possible in wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis1 View Post
    Yes please. Let wow be a chill game for people who don t raid mythic or try to push high m+ keys and allow us to play a variety of alts as it used to be possible in wotlk.
    I don't think you were ever forced to grind AP if you didn't plan on raiding mythic or pushing high m+