Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    People are always going to be like this, but some of their actions are justified - allow me to explain.

During your 7 minute timer, did you bother to open up the dungeon journal and look at boss abilities to prepare yourself? I'm going to go with no.

Now don't get me wrong, what they did was completely moronic, but please don't be the type of person who goes into these dungeons blind because you can and WILL be kicked, especially considering there's a journal for everything to HELP you.
    What part of the journel would have helped him when he died? It's considered "a dick move" to comment on a post without reading it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by kieraTM View Post
    This is literally just a rant post, but damn this has made me regret resubbing.

Quit in BfA, never tried SL but got it free recently and tried it over Xmas with 3 days free. Surprisingly enjoyed it, and decided to sub today! Want to try some SL dungeons (can't on my tank because she's 60 and apparently I can't queue?) so I join on my Hunter, lvl 55. First ever SL dungeon, Plaguefall. Say hello, only 1 responds. I'm used to shortcuts from SWtOR and notice the tank is clearly running on a specific route. I'm keeping up, we kill first 2 bosses and make our way to the 3rd when I died from mobs and slime. I release, as has been drilled into me from Vanilla, and start to run back to the party from 2nd boss. Suddenly I go to loading screen, thinking I might be being teleported forward, but then realise...... I've been vote kicked. Sure enough I am back in Stormwind with a 7 minute lockout timer because I 'left the dungeon early' ......... seriously? I've been kicked without a word because I died. I message the guy who said hello, and to be fair they said that was some real BS and they were very sorry. But damn, I'm already regretting resubbing.
    I get that there are shortcuts and toxic people, but do I really have to start each dungeon with a copy paste message 'just come back to game, please don't group kick if I fall 10 seconds behind!'. Or have I just been really unlucky and met with some toxic idiots? Anyway. I'll persevere because I am genuinely enjoying the content, but that has really put a downer on my evening.

/rant
    That's an unusually bad group. You definitely do occasionally get awful people, I've had a couple cases in the last week of people torpedoing a viable mythic+ run right near the end because they were bored or had concluded it wouldn't boost their rating like they'd hoped - but the average run is much better than that, and your one is particularly far outside the norm as I know it.

Hope you keep at it and have better luck.

Here is the thing, usually tanks are partied with someone - often the healer.
    Without them the DPS members can wait for a new tank/healer for 5 or even 10 minutes, depending on server and dungeon.
    Often enough the whole group falls apart after the tank/healer leaves, because players dont want to wait for the funky queue system to work.

No one in a random dungeon group is willing to go through all that hassle just because a tank/healer duo want to unjustly kick some random person.
    It absolutely sucks, but you can thank blizzard for making tank and healer roles so unappealing to most players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do a lot of PuGing and toxic and impatient assholes absolutely exist, but I think you were just very unlucky. It doesn't happen that frequently, especially in leveling dungeons. I've finished entire ones with people offline because no one cared enough to kick the DC'd person, but when I do see kicks its almost always for being offline. Very rarely it is because that person is being a super dick themselves and/or trying to wipe the group, etc. I can count the times someone initiated a vote for someone dying or being subpar on one hand.

I do think it's helpful to say at the start "I'm back after a long time away so LMK if there's anything super important I need to know" before we begin. I think the likelihood of people actually explaining things to you is fairly slim (although I do see it occasionally and I try to be that person if I'm in the group), but I do think it will buy people more patience with you, otherwise people seem to default to "hopeless idiot" instead of considering someone may be new or inexperienced or whatever.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    People are idiots. Shrug it off and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    It absolutely sucks, but you can thank blizzard for making tank and healer roles so unappealing to most players.
    Hate to break it to you but it isn't Blizzard that has made playing Tank or Healer unappealing, Its the community who treats people in those roles like shit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    What part of the journel would have helped him when he died? It's considered "a dick move" to comment on a post without reading it.
    I acknowledged in this case the dude was a moron, use your eyes sweety.

At any rate, during his CD, he should've read the journal.

Quit in BfA, never tried SL but got it free recently and tried it over Xmas with 3 days free. Surprisingly enjoyed it, and decided to sub today! Want to try some SL dungeons (can't on my tank because she's 60 and apparently I can't queue?) so I join on my Hunter, lvl 55. First ever SL dungeon, Plaguefall. Say hello, only 1 responds. I'm used to shortcuts from SWtOR and notice the tank is clearly running on a specific route. I'm keeping up, we kill first 2 bosses and make our way to the 3rd when I died from mobs and slime. I release, as has been drilled into me from Vanilla, and start to run back to the party from 2nd boss. Suddenly I go to loading screen, thinking I might be being teleported forward, but then realise...... I've been vote kicked. Sure enough I am back in Stormwind with a 7 minute lockout timer because I 'left the dungeon early' ......... seriously? I've been kicked without a word because I died. I message the guy who said hello, and to be fair they said that was some real BS and they were very sorry. But damn, I'm already regretting resubbing.
    I get that there are shortcuts and toxic people, but do I really have to start each dungeon with a copy paste message 'just come back to game, please don't group kick if I fall 10 seconds behind!'. Or have I just been really unlucky and met with some toxic idiots? Anyway. I'll persevere because I am genuinely enjoying the content, but that has really put a downer on my evening.

/rant
    I don't post often; However, your post comes off as thinskinned AF. You're kicked by FOUR other ragtag randoms and you take it personally. Not to mention we will never hear the other four player's side of the story. For all we know (seeing as you're a hunter) you got kicked for pulling in place of the tank which resulted in your death; I've seen too many hunters doing this thinking tanks are okay with it.

Go play FFXIV, no one gets kicked cause SE actually has a GM team and not automated bots. The GM's actually suspend players for abusing the vote kick system.

It's a pro and a con, it means you don't have to worry getting kicked on a new alt or after a long break learning the fights. It also means you're stuck with shitty players when trying to have a quick clear or progress on a boss.
    ----------------

In WoW, I had a similar situation yesterday actually. The tank clearly had no idea what he was doing, he even said "I don't know where to go" despite the boss room being RIGHT THERE, click M dude? Anyways, we had 2 big pulls back to back left, he pulled both. Whatever except he didn't know how to hold threat, the rogue died.

While the rogue was running back we had finished the trash and got to the boss, then a "Vote kick" pops up for the rogue saying "afk" i'm like....he died from shitty threat and is running back...how is he afk and why would we kick? So I hit no and sure enough no one else wanted him kicked so apparently the shitty tank was just salty he couldn't hold threat.

Welcome to WoW

HOWEVER, you need a majority to get kicked. At least 3 people in your group, maybe 4? hit that yes button. This place is full of "I did nothing" stories and then we find out they did.
    Last edited by OokOok; 2022-12-28 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    It is only unappealing because those two roles are primarily leadership roles especially in LFD. Tanks and healers bear a greater burden to the groups success than the three DPS combined. Tanks must know to manage threat and mitigate damage while healers must know how to keep everyone alive and dispel.

Just like how most people in life do not want to lead because with it comes with a burden that is unmanageable/undesirable; The same is with the tank and healer roles in WoW. Hell, when I feel like taking it easy in LFD I play on my DPS only characters (mage/rogue/hunter/etc).

You're overthinking it and being a baby. Who cares

/rant
    Try to get a refund.

People are always going to be like this, but some of their actions are justified - allow me to explain.

During your 7 minute timer, did you bother to open up the dungeon journal and look at boss abilities to prepare yourself? I'm going to go with no.

Now don't get me wrong, what they did was completely moronic, but please don't be the type of person who goes into these dungeons blind because you can and WILL be kicked, especially considering there's a journal for everything to HELP you.
    Yeah somehow I don't buy that you go through the dungeon journal and read every ability of every boss for the normal version of a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    You're overthinking it and being a baby. Who cares
    Look it's one of the people who are the problem.

/rant
    Don't mean to be that guy but it's a case of grow Thick Skin. You really going to let that ruin you evening? Holy shit. I remember when I took everything like this back will I was 11. People can be shitty, most are not. Make some friends, Jump into a community. Do your part and learn. You will see its effortless to have fun in WoW if you are an above average player.

Sorry that happened to you anyways but empower yourself with the bad and become stronger in the process.

Why I don’t play anymore, just not fun with the terrible community wow has

10+ Year Old Account

This shit always makes me laugh. You really think people can just read a quick overview of abilities then do everything perfectly without ever messing up their first time through a dungeon? Even the best players in the world make mistakes after hundreds of attempts on bosses. He also didn't even die to a boss, it was trash mobs, likely AoE because the tank mass pulled. I don't think those are covered in the journal, unless that's changed within the last few years. There is nothing justifiable about this, it's just shitty people being shitty and making the game worse for those around them. It's a random, NORMAL LEVELING dungeon, if you want perfect gogogogo bullshit, run with a guild. If you run with randoms, you get what you get, unless people are actively griefing the run, deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite is the DPS that badtalks me as a tank, telling me to pull faster and shit like that in a leveling dungeon.

I initiate a vote kick saying "Bad Tank" and that DPS goes away.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Fun fact. As per the new Social Contract, you can report people for doing this. I got one or two people punished for doing it while I was leveling an alt.

One time I got kicked because I waited literally 10 seconds after a pull as a healer to pick new talents. Tank mass pulled and die, said I was a trash healer then votekicked me. This was at like level 25-30.
    This is false. Votekicking someone is not an offence that will bring you any kind of punishment, ever.

Blizzard will also never tell you who got punished by your reports and why, so it's basically impossible to tell if someone got punished because they votekicked you

Calling someone trash and then votekicking is a different story though and can get you punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Yeah somehow I don't buy that you go through the dungeon journal and read every ability of every boss for the normal version of a dungeon.
    Exactly right, I read mechanical books in the real world to make me more valuable in the real world but when I'm playing a video game I'm just trying to escape and have some fun, blow off steam and maybe make some good conversation. WoW seems to have become the opposite of escape, not fun and socially dead, the game is running on nostalgia fumes.