Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I think we need content creators. They are like a spokeperson in a wow-type trade union. We need critical people who can articulate, and pass on useful criticism either to the devs or within the players. But we need someone who is invested in the game's everyday life, and isn't afraid of "being negative". You can type pharagraphs upon pharagraphs here on mmochampion, or on reddit, noone's gonna hear it. You can be smug about "having your own precious opinion" and not "following someone else's thoughts", noone's gonna hear it. You can be a fantastic lonely thinker yet still open to other people's opinion. And right now we've lost pretty much every content creator who could/willing to do this job. Which is alarming. All we have left is pretty much "Yes chef!"s.
    And preach is none of those things.

He is a sad, overly emotional bandwagoner and a stereotypical chav cunt. Everyone in the UK hates guys like him.

He quit because his raid guild benched him for being trash. The assault was just a conveniently timed excuse

Ah, shit, here we go again.

I am sure the comments will be filled with level headed and reasonable takes.

Man, who am I kidding. Preach is a sellout who pays thousands of Dollars to make a video about a game he hates. Duh! He only does it to get Bobby to take him to Epstein island.

He literally said that the lawsuit was one of the reasons he was quitting. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    That is not why he quit, he didnt like the game, the lawsuit was just the straw that broke the camels back, he was discussing leaving long before the lawsuit came out.
    "The lawsuit wasn't a reason he quit, he quit because of things including the lawsuit."

When you have an unbearable need to defend Preach, but you know the person you're defending him from is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    He literally said that the lawsuit was one of the reasons he was quitting. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

"The lawsuit wasn't a reason he quit, he quit because of things including the lawsuit."

When you have an unbearable need to defend Preach, but you know the person you're defending him from is right.
    Dude this is equivilent to saying "That dude died to blood loss"
    yeah that dude died cause of bloodloss, but I am pretty sure the real thing is more so that his head was blown clean off...
    just cause something is a "cherry on top" does not mean it is the sole reason, and saying he quit cause the lawsuit is a lie, that is only a miniscule factor in a long list of reasons why he had sorta given up hope on blizzard, and it took a major and minor patch, some personal discussion, and a new expansion for it to be considered giving them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Won't watch it purely out of principle, youtubers making that dumbfuck face in their thumbnails is a thing that needs to go.
    Jesus I thought I was the only one! And ones with a white outline cause they don’t know how to properly use photoshop!

- - - Updated - - -

???? No longer enjoys? if the bro no longer enjoyed it why would he stream it 3-8 hours a day?
    Because money. I work for like 8 hours a day for money, I am sure he does the same

I like Preach in general and watch quite a few of his youtube videos, but this one missed the boat entirely in terms of timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Because money. I work for like 8 hours a day for money, I am sure he does the same
    So why doesn't he just stream FFXIV, where he gets more viewers, subs and donations? Is preach intentionally playing a game he no longer likes just to have smaller revenue?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Won't watch it purely out of principle, youtubers making that dumbfuck face in their thumbnails is a thing that needs to go.
    Seconded. I hate that the algorithm seems to actively promote that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumberer View Post
    So why doesn't he just stream FFXIV, where he gets more viewers, subs and donations? Is preach intentionally playing a game he no longer likes just to have smaller revenue?
    lol He didn't get more views with FF14.

I thought Preach quit covering Blizz/Wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I thought Preach quit covering Blizz/Wow?
    Man's got bills to pay and hair to transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Ofc he would be lmao
    Thanks for the heads up! He even readed out one of my comment and acted like he doesn't know what I'm talking about. He thinks that making a video several MONTHS before release, so very much in alpha/beta phase is what I was talking about when I asked "what's his opinion about crafting" "what's his opinion about open world content"? He went ahead and said "I did a video about it months ago". Lol. Sure, beta gameplay before tuning/changes is what I asked for, not how it manifested in the live game. When in doubt, play dumb.
    The sad part is that he has all the inner info about everything, usually.

Dude this is equivilent to saying "That dude died to blood loss"
    yeah that dude died cause of bloodloss, but I am pretty sure the real thing is more so that his head was blown clean off...
    just cause something is a "cherry on top" does not mean it is the sole reason, and saying he quit cause the lawsuit is a lie, that is only a miniscule factor in a long list of reasons why he had sorta given up hope on blizzard, and it took a major and minor patch, some personal discussion, and a new expansion for it to be considered giving them a chance.
    Nice false equivalency.

See this is part of the problem today. It's all in the title.

I DON'T WANT a game that's made for everyone. I want a game that is made of the dorky gamer that I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    See this is part of the problem today. It's all in the title.

I DON'T WANT a game that's made for everyone. I want a game that is made of the dorky gamer that I am.
    Who's this everyone anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! He even readed out one of my comment and acted like he doesn't know what I'm talking about. He thinks that making a video several MONTHS before release, so very much in alpha/beta phase is what I was talking about when I asked "what's his opinion about crafting" "what's his opinion about open world content"? He went ahead and said "I did a video about it months ago". Lol. Sure, beta gameplay before tuning/changes is what I asked for, not how it manifested in the live game. When in doubt, play dumb.
    The sad part is that he has all the inner info about everything, usually.
    Your comments have been a breath of fresh air here. I too am under the impression that Preach just swallowed a load of PR talk about how they design the world and the zones, and the systems and yada yada. Which all sounds very nice and interesting if you suspend your critical thinking and enter a make-believe reality where all of this amounted to a good game.

But then you stop listening to what they're saying and look at the result of their work and see a game where the world itself is dead as a dodo, the lore is in shambles, open world content amounts to meaningless, tedious chores in pursuit of some reward for a dopamine kick or are this horrible braindead grind like professions. The treadmill is still there and all they've done is explain why they designed it that way. For everybody...

Ah yes, if you need to design a challenge that literally everybody can enjoy and participate in, odds are good the challenge is just not soiling your diapers.

The only content that is good is M+, Raids and some of PvP. Great for those people and even then, I'm getting pretty bored of the same dungeons over and over. So yea... like you said... what about crafting, what about the leveling experience and all the 5 minutes it takes? What about the lore? What about the rep grinds, rare grinds and so on... The soup event is an abomination that even a corpse could complete, why is that in the game? Because everybody, literally everybody can complete it.

I dunno if you get the same impression but I feel like he went over, played nice, listened to them talk about very few of the core issues - mostly acknowledging how they got there - took huge whiff of hopium and then put it out there as if we should still believe what they say over what they do. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Man's got bills to pay and hair to transplant.

Am i the only one that thinks they messed up with his implants? It looks horrible. Is it true they take your pubes and stick them on your head???

Quote Originally Posted by Foulfrost View Post
    Your comments have been a breath of fresh air here. I too am under the impression that Preach just swallowed a load of PR talk about how they design the world and the zones, and the systems and yada yada. Which all sounds very nice and interesting if you suspend your critical thinking and enter a make-believe reality where all of this amounted to a good game.

But then you stop listening to what they're saying and look at the result of their work and see a game where the world itself is dead as a dodo, the lore is in shambles, open world content amounts to meaningless, tedious chores in pursuit of some reward for a dopamine kick or are this horrible braindead grind like professions. The treadmill is still there and all they've done is explain why they designed it that way. For everybody...

Ah yes, if you need to design a challenge that literally everybody can enjoy and participate in, odds are good the challenge is just not soiling your diapers.

The only content that is good is M+, Raids and some of PvP. Great for those people and even then, I'm getting pretty bored of the same dungeons over and over. So yea... like you said... what about crafting, what about the leveling experience and all the 5 minutes it takes? What about the lore? What about the rep grinds, rare grinds and so on... The soup event is an abomination that even a corpse could complete, why is that in the game? Because everybody, literally everybody can complete it.
    Summed it up nicely. Spot on!

A few people trying to make the soup event as some new innovative way to get people together. Its like a normal World Quests or rare events we have had for years. Kill, pick up. Sound very familiar.

Its nothing out there. DF is for everyone that do instanced content. Thats what Blizzard is going for anyway. And that is the new foundation of the expansions to come.

Quote Originally Posted by BasilTheRat View Post
    I don't need proof that jumping in a pool will make me wet.
    Some things are just obvious
    Show me evidence or just don't blatantly speculate

I generally think DF is one of the better expansions so far

The talents, zones, crafting, flying, are all steps forward. (though crafting is still not great)

Not a fan of the world tuning and mobile-like world quests/events.

Generally don't like the new dungeons and the excessive trash in them.

Also the raid structure is still too rigid and draconian. Unless you like raiding at very specific times with a guild and doing it for 3-5 hours, raiding is a hassle. A very simple solution to fix this is to break up raids into sections like they already do in LFR. It'd be immensely more digestible for people that don't raid with a guild to find a group for a section and finish it than wasting tons of time sorting through dozens of LFD groups.