Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Shush, projectile vomit is an excellent racial ability.
    Pfft...right up there with "booger flick..."

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pfft...right up there with "booger flick..."
    They all pale before poo artilery

Murlocs are too "feral" to ever be playable. They are in the same boat with quilboar, furlbogs. One I could see playable is gnolls and maybe even kobolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    They all pale before poo artilery
    Ugh. I'm reminded of saurok and the Skumblade tribe...the filth and the roaches..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Murlocs are too "feral" to ever be playable. They are in the same boat with quilboar, furlbogs. One I could see playable is gnolls and maybe even kobolds.
    Not if the lore gets a rewrite.

Blademaster
    1+ Year Old Account
    I think about mini classes sometimes but not murlocs.
    was thinking more like
    Ogre
    Naga
    Broken
    Forest troll
    Ice troll

all would work, a few zones for them & can level to 40, a few things you can only do with them like wood working or some shit.

To repost, what I think a good idea;
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I want to see 'mini-races' who are their own faction. They'll be attacked (and killed) on sight by any Horde and Alliance guards, they have their own system where they carry out objectives and gather resources throughout the world which they can then trade with through neutral factions.
    Just a way to populate the world again with players who have to survive in this highly hostile place and obtain highly exclusive achievement and items for their mains that way.
    Murlocs, Virmen, Kobolds and Quilboars would be a perfect first batch.
    Interesting...a culture of desperation.
    Yes exactly. The player enters the same world they've been conquering for decades, and experience it through the eyes of the underdog again.
    A different perspective on that "candle." A source of currency perhaps.
    *shakes fist at human mage*
    "Ya big bully!
    *translated from kobold*
    Candle Rock would be their capital and from Candle Rock they're able to enter a subterranean network that allows them to access in countless caverns and mines (and catacombs) across Azeroth. If they can harass players who are questing there, then they get bonus rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Tinker murlock?!
    Lol, that would be boss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto is stooopid View Post
    Hey I agree with you that the MOP story was well written. If you replaced the Panda people with Goofy or Donald Duck people the story might still be well written, just the actual character design that would be dumb. That's pretty much how I feel when I'm interacting with a Panda player or NPC in game right now, I feel like I'm talking to a mascot costume at a theme park. And interacting with a mascot costume is fun sometimes for a moment or two. A whole expansion full of them, and then having them persist in the game permanently is way too much. The novelty wore off 30 minutes in.
    Do you not feel that way also about Tauren...? Worgen? Tuskarr? Dracthyr? What is it about Pandaren that makes them 'mascots', but none of the other large, inhuman races?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Do you not feel that way also about Tauren...? Worgen? Tuskarr? Dracthyr? What is it about Pandaren that makes them 'mascots', but none of the other large, inhuman races?
    Yes, I do. The Dracthyr and Worgen are less egregious because they have human/elf forms. Tauren were a mistake as a playable race imo. They would have been fine as a race of mobs like quillboar. Horde should have shipped with Goblins in Vanilla. Tauren culture could have been folded into a large sect of Troll culture. Tuskarr bother be less I think because their faces look slightly more human with snouts that protrude less. It seems everyone IRL has a relative that kind looks like a Tuskarr.

Quote Originally Posted by inferis-culex View Post
    Naga
    Did someone say...

Naga?!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Have you been looking at many mascot costumes lately? Because I for one have not seen one that looks quite like Tauren, Worgen, OR Dracthyr. Tuskarr maybe. But... idk what it is. They're not as cute I guess?

Yes, I do. The Dracthyr and Worgen are less egregious because they have human/elf forms. Tauren were a mistake as a playable race imo. They would have been fine as a race of mobs like quillboar. Horde should have shipped with Goblins in Vanilla. Tauren culture could have been folded into a large sect of Troll culture. Tuskarr bother be less I think because their faces look slightly more human with snouts that protrude less. It seems everyone IRL has a relative that kind looks like a Tuskarr.
    It was inevitable we'd get Tauren after WC3 though... why would we have Goblins in Vanilla when they were notoriously neutral in wc3?

Quote Originally Posted by Efcharisto View Post
    Did someone say...

Naga?!

Have you been looking at many mascot costumes lately? Because I for one have not seen one that looks quite like Tauren, Worgen, OR Dracthyr. Tuskarr maybe. But... idk what it is. They're not as cute I guess?

It was inevitable we'd get Tauren after WC3 though... why would we have Goblins in Vanilla when they were notoriously neutral in wc3?
    Why would the Gob... Doesn't matter, story is fluid. Varian Wrynn was notorious for being alive until he wasn't.

Tauren were a mistake as a playable race imo. They would have been fine as a race of mobs like quillboar. Horde should have shipped with Goblins in WC3

There you go?

i think a race of humans that wear tattered murlock costumes all the time would be funny.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwelch900 View Post
    I’ve wanted a playable murloc race in wow since I started at the end of vanilla. It should be and easy feat, they have enemy versions of like every class… and with the murloc universe in dragonflight, I think all signs point to this allied race finally becoming a reality. So rejoice my murloc brothers and sisters, soon our dream will become reality!!!
    I came here expecting a thread about a murloc themed expansion. I don't know if I like your idea better or worse, hahaha.

So long as they don't tie Murlocs to a specific class, like Evokers, I won't mind. If they follow the evoker model, I'll be a bit bummed because I cannot imagine a situation in which I played a murloc.

Why would the Gob... Doesn't matter, story is fluid. Varian Wrynn was notorious for being alive until he wasn't.

Tauren were a mistake as a playable race imo. They would have been fine as a race of mobs like quillboar. Horde should have shipped with Goblins in WC3

There you go?
    The story is fluid NOW. It used to be relatively solid and coherent back in the days of wc3. It's a terrible loss that it is no longer so. As for shipping the Horde with Goblins back in wc3... While I respect your opinion, I appreciate the innovative yet relatively appropriate direction they took the Horde in WC3. The Tauren merely were part of cementing that direction. But comparing the Tauren to the Pandaren... there's degrees of magnitude of difference between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I came here expecting a thread about a murloc themed expansion. I don't know if I like your idea better or worse, hahaha.

So long as they don't tie Murlocs to a specific class, like Evokers, I won't mind. If they follow the evoker model, I'll be a bit bummed because I cannot imagine a situation in which I played a murloc.
    No I think it should just be an allied race w/many classes available . And to the post that said they are “too feral”, has seriously no one done the bronze dragonflight quests with the murloc universe they are not feral they are civilized have fire works and celebrate the defeat of deathmgrrgl. I’m saying that they put the starter zone in that universe. You go though a goldshire shire like area, defeat hoggerggll (hogger murloc) then get sucked into a bronze time portal. Spitting you out in this timeline. Then you pick a faction.