Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Has anyone looked into web3 nft games?

I never thought of such games as "serious", however I recently played a card game called gods unchained that was really good and actually better than most of the card games that I have played, it was a hearthstone clone however everything besides the gameplay was better than hearthstone itself. I then realized that this web3 thing is pretty big and there are entire mmorpg based on it that don't look bad at all.

Does anyone play actively such mmorpg game?

It's kinda weird that none talks about it, no I don't mean nfts but the gaming part of it, I had no idea such thing existed.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2023-01-20 at 10:58 PM.

this thread is going places

Logan Paul is that you?

No one talks about it because anything that has to do with NFTs is very likely to get lynched.

NFTs already failed and crashed and if you have wasted your money on crypto scams I can only gleefully laugh at you.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhaahhahah
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

The funniest part to me is that some people actually believe these kind of games are not a ponzi/pyramid scheme but actually valid ways to get money.

No game is developed with the objective of having players make money. If anything, devs have to make money out of it. For any supposed player who made it, there are thousands that injected money into it and lose everything.

Last but not least, every single game like that is immediately infested by bots that farm countless resources and drive prices to the ground immediately. As a normal player, you have exactly 0 chances of competing with an organization that runs hundreds of bots 24/7.

That's the reality of these game. People playing them are literaly being milked out of money.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Anything crypto or nft is a good place to get scammed, the people who make those products generally aren't moral, they have the same trust and reliability as that of the "milfs in your area" ads.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    I never thought of such games as "serious", however I recently played a card game called gods unchained that was really good and actually better than most of the card games that I have played, it was a hearthstone clone however everything besides the gameplay was better than hearthstone itself. I then realized that this web3 thing is pretty big and there are entire mmorpg based on it that don't look bad at all.

Does anyone play actively such mmorpg game?

It's kinda weird that none talks about it, no I don't mean nfts but the gaming part of it, I had no idea such thing existed.
    People don't talk about it, because it isn't good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Guys, I haven't played any such game besides gods unchained but seriously you should take a look on the art of this game and the gameplay, the art is incredibly good, the community very active. I wouldn't dare to call it a scam. I just wondered if there are other serious games like this on other genres such as mmorpg.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guys, I haven't played any such game besides gods unchained but seriously you should take a look on the art of this game and the gameplay, the art is incredibly good, the community very active. I wouldn't dare to call it a scam. I just wondered if there are other serious games like this on other genres such as mmorpg.
    Now where is this "report for advert" button...
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

You don't play too many TCGs do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    You don't play too many TCGs do you?
    Pokemon, Yugioh, MTG, Hearthstone, L5R, Hack//sign, Gwent, Marvel Snap. Yeah not that many....The game is just a hearthstone clone with some updated rulings that make it better imo, however the art is amazing.

I wonder if there is any good MMORPG following that scheme.

Web3 is cringe
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

All NFTs should be dragged out on the street and be shot. I'll have nothing to do with them, and I'd avoid any games with it.

The sooner such games die the better.

The game data of any other mobile game is stored on the servers of the publisher. It should be just as safe from manipulation than storing some of it on a blockchain. NFTs are just links to data. The only reason to use NFTs for games would be to sell these links outside the actual game from one person to the other. Any game developer supporting player trading could just make it part of their game, no need to use NFTs for it.

So question remains... why? What's the benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    All NFTs should be dragged out on the street and be shot. I'll have nothing to do with them, and I'd avoid any games with it.

The sooner such games die the better.
    This is way too closed minded way of thinking, you remind me of those asmongold streams who bash games all day long

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread should be locked for phishing? or hidden commercial, Op is clearly a bot or a tool or a scammer, no real person would try to promote/defend NFT gaming.

This is way too closed minded way of thinking, you remind me of those asmongold streams who bash games all day long
    You're really gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrain View Post
    This thread should be locked for phishing? or hidden commercial, Op is clearly a bot or a tool or a scammer, no real person would try to promote/defend NFT gaming.
    I don't advertise here, if you think that then every thread about a game on this forum is an ad and we are all bots, we are discussing a new form of gaming that looks popular, ok your opinion is that nft is bad, that's ok, not everyone has the same opinion. Also keep in mind, I didn't make this thread to discuss how much you can earn with these games, I don't care about this part, you can potentially earn much more if you rmt on mainstream games such as wow, I made this thread to discuss if there is any mmorpg following this scheme that its worth playing. I made this thread to discuss the quality of these games. The game that I played was decent imo.

There are too many of them, I don't think that every single one is trash, gameplay wise. They are games after all, they have to inspire in order to succeed.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2023-01-21 at 11:21 AM.