Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    But I don't understand.

You don't need to build, just spend.

Spending is the only factor.

Chelsea have spent, why are they 10th?
    I'll spell out how a rebuild works. The players will gel together in time.

You know that time you probably spent saying 'Arteta out' and 'Kroenke out' whilst they splashed the cash on players to build into a team?

That's what a rebuild is. The rebuild wouldn't have been possible without Kroenke's money.

Ergo, money is THE factor behind Arsenal being top.

PS. I'll call that ambulance for you, since it's still needed to take your corpse to the morgue.

PPS. It's ironic you pointed out Chelsea, given the owner-led investment they received 20 years ago was THE factor in their success since

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I'll spell out how a rebuild works. The players will gel together in time.

You know that time you probably spent saying 'Arteta out' and 'Kroenke out' whilst they splashed the cash on players to build into a team?

That's what a rebuild is. The rebuild wouldn't have been possible without Kroenke's money.

Ergo, money is THE factor behind Arsenal being top.

PS. I'll call that ambulance for you, since it's still needed to take your corpse to the morgue.

PPS. It's ironic you pointed out Chelsea, given the owner-led investment they received 20 years ago was THE factor in their success since
    I still don't get it. You're big and clever, please help me understand. Manchester United are the biggest brand in global football and spend every year but didn't win the league for a decade? I don't understand. Money = title, but they don't have a title?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I still don't get it. You're big and clever, please help me understand. Manchester United are the biggest brand in global football and spend every year but didn't win the league for a decade? I don't understand. Money = title, but they don't have a title?
    Happy to.

You can have a good sporting director. You can have a good coach. But if the money isn't available, it leads to little.

You can have a bad or no sporting director. You can have a bad coach. And even with money, it won't work.

But if you have a good sporting director, a good coach and money, then success can be achieved. The money then is THE factor.

So in short. The spending Arsenal has engaged is the THE factor behind them being top.

Without the money, they'd be where they were under the late Wenger days, the entire Emery era and the early Arteta period. 5th/6th/7th.

Happy to.

You can have a good sporting director. You can have a good coach. But if the money isn't available, it leads to little.

You can have a bad or no sporting director. You can have a bad coach. And even with money, it won't work.

But if you have a good sporting director, a good coach and money, then success can be achieved. The money then is THE factor.
    So money is the factor, the only factor, but you also need a good coach. You can't have a bad coach, you need a good sporting director and coach, but also money. But the coach doesn't matter, just money. Money is the factor. Right. I think I understand it now. Sorry for being slow! You're a smart guy.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

So money is the factor, the only factor, but you also need a good coach. You can't have a bad coach, you need a good sporting director and coach, but also money. But the coach doesn't matter, just money. Money is the factor. Right. I think I understand it now. Sorry for being slow! You're a smart guy.
    If you'd like to engage in a good faith conversation, here's a simple case study. Arsenal under Wenger from 2008 till 2018 had an EXCELLENT coach, one of the very best. However, the club's financial model meant players kept getting sold to finance new purchases. It was a constant cycle of sell to buy to sell to buy to sell. This completely inhibited the progress that could've been made under Wenger, who was consistently short of optimal players. In the end, the owners' model drove him from the club as much as the toxic elements of the fanbase did. Under Emery, it sort of continued.

Then under Arteta, the financial model shifts to 'owner-led investment' and no longer sell-to-buy or 'buy what you can afford'. Miraculously, the tide turns. Why? Because the money was made available. The money was THE transformative factor. Without it, Arteta would still be getting harangued by Arsenal fans, and may have even resigned by now because he'd bear the blame for the club's frugal approach to recruitment. And the mediocrity would've continued. Saka, Nketiah, Martinelli etc would be moved on at premium rates to fund new purchases. Rinse. Repeat. Cycle continues.

KSE banging in £250m odd into the club's balance sheet over time has been game changing. You're naive if you can't see that.

PS. It's highly possible that you're not just naive but also deluded, so hey ho.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2023-01-30 at 08:55 PM.

Can't "argue" in "good faith" with someone that moves goalposts and strawmans in every post. You only want to talk about Arsenal, not any other club. You can't stand that Arteta is a good manager, can literally hear your blood boiling from here.

Can't "argue" in "good faith" with someone that moves goalposts and strawmans in every post. You only want to talk about Arsenal, not any other club. You can't stand that Arteta is a good manager, can literally hear your blood boiling from here.
    I have no issue with him being a good manager. If anything else, the only person who’s mad is you. You seem desperate to want people to say ‘Arsenal are so good’, but won’t cop out to why they are. I’ve actually said he IS a good coach, but without the money he’d be elsewhere, since your fan base would have forced him into resigning, because he wouldn’t be able to get you anywhere over 5th on a different financial model.

I have no issue with him being a good manager. If anything else, the only person who’s mad is you. You seem desperate to want people to say ‘Arsenal are so good’, but won’t cop out to why they are. I’ve actually said he IS a good coach, but without the money he’d be elsewhere, since your fan base would have forced him into resigning, because he wouldn’t be able to get you anywhere over 5th on a different financial model.
    Me: Arsenal are top of the league because they spent 3 years making good decisions, trusting the youth, backing the coaching team, being ruthless with cutting out aging and uncommitted players, and spending the right money on top players.

You: Assnal are top because their owner is a sugar daddy and nothing else. I'm cleverer than you and if you disagree fuck off. Also I love Manchester United.

Me: Arsenal are top of the league because they spent 3 years making good decisions, trusting the youth, backing the coaching team, being ruthless with cutting out aging and uncommitted players, and spending the right money on top players.

You: Assnal are top because their owner is a sugar daddy and nothing else. I'm cleverer than you and if you disagree fuck off. Also I love Manchester United.
    Haven't said the owner is a sugar daddy even once. So like I said, if you want to engage in a good faith conversation, I'm all ears.

I've said their financial model changed, and the owner-led investment - which is nowhere near as extravagant as City/Chelsea/NUFC - is THE transformative factor in why they're top. Which isn't untrue. But you'd like to ignore the fact that they've had that cash injection and put it down to good sports management only. Which isn't true. So hey, if I'm cleverer than you...that's a you issue. Not my problem.

Haven't said the owner is a sugar daddy even once. So like I said, if you want to engage in a good faith conversation, I'm all ears.

I've said their financial model changed, and the owner-led investment - which is nowhere near as extravagant as City/Chelsea/NUFC - is THE transformative factor in why they're top. Which isn't untrue. But you'd like to ignore the fact that they've had that cash injection and put it down to good sports management only. Which isn't true. So hey, if I'm cleverer than you...that's a you issue. Not my problem.
    Saying our owner invests is a lie. Aka, a bad faith argument.

PS. Writing a smiley face after everything you say is THE reason you're a bellend.

See, that's funny, because there's actually several reasons you're a bellend. Multi layered joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cut out the personal jabs and excessive snark.

Saying our owner invests is a lie. Aka, a bad faith argument.

PS. Writing a smiley face after everything you say is THE reason you're a bellend.
    Here's some facts and figures.

- In 2020, KSE restructured Arsenal's debt. This involved paying off £160m worth of stadium debt, £30m worth of bondholders' penalties. Add in roughly £30m-40m worth of interest expenses that would've collected over the life of the loan as also having then been done away with. Even if the loan is paid to him, this isn't a loan with a repayment structure or bullet structure. Ergo, it's not actively being paid off. It's a goodwill gesture.
    - In 2021, KSE also then wrote off the £120m business loan that Arsenal took from the Bank of England. Again, same as above. He sorts it himself.

That, is an owner led investment. Because KSE has INVESTED cash into the club, which has allowed it to remodel its transfer patterns.

Leading to...ding ding...the reason why the money is THE factor in Arsenal's upward trajectory. Without KSE doing what was done, Arsenal would still be struggling as they were before the restructuring, and scraping through with 5th or 6th or 7th. Even good coach Arteta would've struggled.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2023-01-30 at 09:27 PM.

Being able to use Google might make you the smartest fella at Christmas Dinner, but on the internet we all know how to do that. Grats on figuring out that Scrooge McDuck aka Stan Kroenke owns our stadium debt. You think Arsenal supporters are glad about that? Considering the only thing he did for 10 years of being the majority share holder was to publicly say "You don't buy football clubs to win trophies" excuse my suspicion on what this old cunt is going to do with our debt.

Stan Kroenke is not a man of good will. He's not an Arsenal fan or even a football fan. He's a money fan. You don't seem to understand what words like "pay off" and "done away with" and "written off" means. Arsenal's debt hasn't gone anywhere. Instead of paying about 20m a year in loan repayments, we don't currently do that. Sure, it's on pause. It's a big help considering Arsenal, as with any club, lost a load of money during covid restrictions. But freeing up an extra 20m a year, in today's transfer market, doesn't go very far my friend. If 20m a year puts you at the top of the table someone should tell that to Steve Parish, maybe he'd put in a few bob.

Another word that has you confused is "investment". Kroenke didn't "invest" in the club, he invested in himself. He bought the debt to make himself money. It's hard to take you seriously when you come in here calling people deluded whilst having absolutely no understanding of the mind of a billionaire shithead like Stan.

Being able to use Google might make you the smartest fella at Christmas Dinner, but on the internet we all know how to do that. Grats on figuring out that Scrooge McDuck aka Stan Kroenke owns our stadium debt. You think Arsenal supporters are glad about that? Considering the only thing he did for 10 years of being the majority share holder was to publicly say "You don't buy football clubs to win trophies" excuse my suspicion on what this old cunt is going to do with our debt.

Stan Kroenke is not a man of good will. He's not an Arsenal fan or even a football fan. He's a money fan. You don't seem to understand what words like "pay off" and "done away with" and "written off" means. Arsenal's debt hasn't gone anywhere. Instead of paying about 20m a year in loan repayments, we don't currently do that. Sure, it's on pause. It's a big help considering Arsenal, as with any club, lost a load of money during covid restrictions. But freeing up an extra 20m a year, in today's transfer market, doesn't go very far my friend. If 20m a year puts you at the top of the table someone should tell that to Steve Parish, maybe he'd put in a few bob.

Another word that has you confused is "investment". Kroenke didn't "invest" in the club, he invested in himself. He bought the debt to make himself money. It's hard to take you seriously when you come in here calling people deluded whilst having absolutely no understanding of the mind of a billionaire shithead like Stan.
    So in essence you're upset at the owners, so you'd rather believe they've done nothing to help the club and it's just a bit of faff. Got it.

Unfortunately it's not a bit of faff. The model has changed. When debt is restructured like this, and done away with in as much as it is no longer an obligation, not only does cash flow available for debt servicing open up, but do cash reserves that often held aside for worst case scenarios. It's layers of debt. Secondly, your point about the club losing money during COVID is essentially irrelevant. The club borrowed £120m from the Government, which is now owed to KSE on a repayment plan that involves...no repayments. There is no repayment obligation to debt owed to KSE.

So as much as you'd like to pretend like KSE have done nothing, they have done. Just not how you'd like it. I have routinely called out bad ownership, including KSE prior to this restructure. But since then, it's been sound ownership. Whether you like it or not.

I'll throw you a bone too, just so you know I'm not trying to wind you up. My biggest issue with KSE was how Arsene Wenger was more or less hung out to dry. He's a phenomenal manager who deserved so much better and more. And they fucked with him big time. They're not doing it to Arteta.

He's fully benefitting from sound sports ownership and investment. I haven't said it's wrong. I'm just saying it exists and is THE transformative factor behind why Arsenal are able to compete today and couldn't compete 10 years ago under Arsene Wenger. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2023-01-30 at 09:47 PM.

In actual football news. Most probably already know but I found it hilarious. Ronaldo fired his super agent mendes right before his mega money move. Life long agent, didn't get me a gig at bayern, see ya!

That ego worked great when he was banging in goals. Wonder how it'll serve him later in life

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    In actual football news. Most probably already know but I found it hilarious. Ronaldo fired his super agent mendes right before his mega money move. Life long agent, didn't get me a gig at bayern, see ya!

That ego worked great when he was banging in goals. Wonder how it'll serve him later in life
    He's playing in a league nobody cares about that's on level with Championship quality-wise and he's not even scoring goals there. And some of his followers are still flooding Facebook comments every day about how he's still the best player in the world. At this point it feels like he's in a symbiotic relationship with his fans where both sides feed into each other's delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    He's playing in a league nobody cares about that's on level with Championship quality-wise and he's not even scoring goals there. And some of his followers are still flooding Facebook comments every day about how he's still the best player in the world. At this point it feels like he's in a symbiotic relationship with his fans where both sides feed into each other's delusion.
    One of the fans on Facebook is RobertoCarlos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Thats slander to the quality of the championship. The top end of the championship is far and away of higher quality and competivity than the Saudi league.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    Thats slander to the quality of the championship. The top end of the championship is far and away of higher quality and competivity than the Saudi league.
    Yup an analyst at twenty first group puts the quality between league 1 and 2

tweet

On a sidenote, UEFA need to realise Financial FairPlay is dead and buried. Nevermind the clubs in the Premier League that don't compete in continental competitions, the rest of Europe's 'non-elite' clubs don't have a chance in hell of ever competing with the big guns or resisting the financial insanity of these 'super clubs' that are run by massive sovereign funds and/or capital management firms. RIP healthy competition.