Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nah, not even remotely the same. Before the story broke, he was a content creator/streamer who tried to "encourage positivity" in the WoW community and aggressively banning people from his chat if they said anything remotely negative about the game. But then the sexual assault stuff came out and this guy was making video after video shitting on people for choosing to continue creating WoW content and being openly hostile towards the WoW community. All the while virtue signaling and pretending like he's making a morally superior choice by playing FFXIV. Years later, after the FFXIV hype train has left the station, he can no longer butter the bread by making "WoW bad" videos so he's back to being a WoW content creator. There's a word for this: Grifting.

Dude's a complete clown, even if the content he makes is decent enough.
    What is with people and the whole theme of "If you aren't for WoW then we hate you."

Bro no one wants to be around a bunch ass grabbing perverts. If I was a content video maker I wouldn't want to be associated with a bunch of nasty pervs. I would cut ties and go somewhere else as well. I don't hate Quazii at all. If I was him, I wouldn't ha e came back either until Blizz got their crap together.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    What is with people and the whole theme of "If you aren't for WoW then we hate you."

Bro no one wants to be around a bunch ass grabbing perverts. If I was a content video maker I wouldn't want to be associated with a bunch of nasty pervs. I would cut ties and go somewhere else as well. I don't hate Quazii at all. If I was him, I wouldn't ha e came back either until Blizz got their crap together.
    It had nothing to do with Blizzard getting their crap together and everything to do with farming views by making "Blizzard sucks and you suck if you like Blizzard products" videos because the YouTube algorithm was heavily promoting this content at the time. To turn around less than two years later and start making content on Blizzard games because the non-WoW stuff isn't generating clicks any more is a wee bit hypocritical in my books. I understand people change but this guy wasn't making anti-Blizzard videos for any real principled stance: He was doing it because it made him a bunch of fucking money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    You're using your disability to cover your shitty behaviour lmao
    tons of people have disabilities and don't come off as whiny and annoying. You can either fix yourself, opt out, or keep complaining and hope people change for you

Good luck
    Because every disability is the same right? And every disability can be just fixed. Dear god you are something special.

Stop Pugging and Complaining.

Start Pegging and Comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    preach hate thread?
    (i'm down, dude is a clown)
    Nobody is talking about Preach, it's a completely different person entirely and Preach never jumped to FFXIV during the hype part, he was much later.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - lucky you, I guess you are a tank or healer ? DPS pugging M+ is like finding TP at the start of covid
    it has nothign to do with luck . you just have to do keys on your level to build score and gear.

if you dont have 2k by now it means you are not even doing 4 dungeons a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't hate the player... actually yeah, just hate the player.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's not bs, Mon - Fri 9-5 is a dead concept for many. Shift work means one day you're 7-4, the next week 4-4, week after that 1-11. Some weeks the only free time is 3am after work when you're cooling down before bed. See how impossible it is to get a regular group because no 4 - 30 people are gonna go "sure we'll set our schedules around your work." when they have their own jobs, many I bet also heavy shift work.
    Why are you acting like you're the only one with this problem? Create a community and invite the people you come across that do the same thing. If you invite enough to the community then you will always have people to play with. 3am? I bet somewhere in the world there are thousands of players that are available. If you don't like something it's up to you to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    What does this comment even mean? Yes, you absolutely do get to choose who you play with???
    That's what the OP is saying here.

Stop choosing to leave it up to random groups and form groups of friends who you will enjoy playing with more reliably.

At the end of the day, I just don't think the game supports this sort of thing any more though. It heavily encourages pugging, and that's fine.
    But please do not try to confuse that encouragement for forcing you to not play with friends.

That is your choice, 100 percent. You choose everything about how you approach this game, including whether you log on that day or not.
    This right here, and its the reason I label my 20's every single time with "20/21 no leaver" because - if we time it we time it, but overall - I want to at least complete the dang thing - Also: keep up the good work, love your vids!

Such a weird concept that you can say "It's a social game, don't play with strangers".
    It's what makes the game social; you interact with new people.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Why are you acting like you're the only one with this problem? Create a community and invite the people you come across that do the same thing. If you invite enough to the community then you will always have people to play with. 3am? I bet somewhere in the world there are thousands of players that are available. If you don't like something it's up to you to fix it.
    Dude you're never going to get a community of people that are going to have 10 - 30 people at all points during the day, stop being deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Because every disability is the same right? And every disability can be just fixed. Dear god you are something special.
    yawn. An asshole in a wheelchair is still an asshole. An asshole with autism spectrum disorder is still an asshole. Noonehas to tolerate bad behaviour, anywhere, really.

You can fix being an asshole, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it has nothign to do with luck . you just have to do keys on your level to build score and gear.

if you dont have 2k by now it means you are not even doing 4 dungeons a week.
    I'm at 1950 and I've never done RLP because the loot tables are garbage. Also I haven't done keys in like a month

- - - Updated - - -

Dude you're never going to get a community of people that are going to have 10 - 30 people at all points during the day, stop being deluded.
    Cast a wider net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    Yes it is toxic and rude to leave instead of being nice and teaching people. Maybe those people shouldn't pug instead. Im not talking high keys. It is very easy to have your first time in a given dungeon be at the 10-15 range where mistakes can be lethal.
    The what? No way, the first time you step into Court of Stars (+10 to +15) range with ZERO prior runs in Court of Stars? That's just asking for trouble.

By the time any player is doing keys with the season affix (aka +10 or higher) they should already have a working knowledge of the dungeon and its mechanics. I'm not saying they should know MDI-level strategies but something as simple as how Arcane Lockdown works (from my previous example) should be known. Otherwise, that player has no business doing those higher keys.

Maybe it's gate-keeping but unless the group run is advertised as "learning", then the expectation is that the players all know the dungeon and its mechanics. Furthermore, unless stated elsewhere the common goal is to "time" said dungeon. If the common goal is "completion" or "for weekly vault" then make it known in the group finder listing AND reiterate it again prior to starting the dungeon. Extra points if you get confirmation from each player. Double extra points if the completion goal is verified as "completion beyond reasonable time" (aka it may take us 4 hours to do this key).

- - - Updated - - -

See how impossible it is to get a regular group because no 4 - 30 people are gonna go "sure we'll set our schedules around your work." when they have their own jobs, many I bet also heavy shift work.
    Depends on the width of the pool of players you're working with. Under 10 people? Probably difficult. Over 200 people, probably a lot easier.

Like I previously stated, start making friends (or converting good PuG players into friends) from the various runs you do at different times. Grab some east coast players, some west coast players, early morning players, night owl players and build up a network so diverse that you've always got at least 1 or 2 players you can tag in for runs.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    OP doesn't force you to do anything. He just give you answer how to solve your problem. If you prefer to stay mad, that's on you, Blizz won't force all people to play up to your standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't CTR so big that it has multiple guilds and uses some special addon so that folks from CTR <insert name> can communicate with the rest of CTRs guilds?

I bet their community is large enough to have players online at most times of the day.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    The what? No way, the first time you step into Court of Stars (+10 to +15) range with ZERO prior runs in Court of Stars? That's just asking for trouble.

By the time any player is doing keys with the season affix (aka +10 or higher) they should already have a working knowledge of the dungeon and its mechanics. I'm not saying they should know MDI-level strategies but something as simple as how Arcane Lockdown works (from my previous example) should be known. Otherwise, that player has no business doing those higher keys.

Maybe it's gate-keeping but unless the group run is advertised as "learning", then the expectation is that the players all know the dungeon and its mechanics. Furthermore, unless stated elsewhere the common goal is to "time" said dungeon. If the common goal is "completion" or "for weekly vault" then make it known in the group finder listing AND reiterate it again prior to starting the dungeon. Extra points if you get confirmation from each player. Double extra points if the completion goal is verified as "completion beyond reasonable time" (aka it may take us 4 hours to do this key).

- - - Updated - - -
    If you just run your own key it's very possible that you end up at 10-14 level by the time you roll a certain key if you consistently time the lower ones. How do you get experience with the dungeon? You could join lower keys, but often mechanics aren't even noticeable in those.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    If you just run your own key it's very possible that you end up at 10-14 level by the time you roll a certain key if you consistently time the lower ones. How do you get experience with the dungeon? You could join lower keys, but often mechanics aren't even noticeable in those.
    Having never run CoS before CoS10, yeah, possible but unlikely. Having never stepped into a CoS when you're looking to time a 15, highly improbable.

Even if you had the gear to clear a 15, i doubt anyone would invite you to a 15 CoS if you litteraly never stepped into the dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    Honestly, the title says it all. WoW is a social game, stop playing with randoms and then complaining about random things.

Form a guild or a community, invite people who are cool and are good, team with them again. Rinse repeat. It is not hard people.

If a dungeon run goes well and you get on with someone, try to get them as a contact and team with them again!

You shouldn’t treat the people in your group as a throwaway commodity, and then complain you don’t know anyone to team with, and that randoms suck - it’s just stupid.

You can do it people, you can be social and make friends and have fun in this game!
    I like to work with colleagues in my RL work.

However, when in gaming, I prefer to play solo games or anonymous multiplayer one. So I don't do organized raiding or M+.

I am probably not the only one.

I began gaming even before Internet became mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Having never run CoS before CoS10, yeah, possible but unlikely. Having never stepped into a CoS when you're looking to time a 15, highly improbable.

Even if you had the gear to clear a 15, i doubt anyone would invite you to a 15 CoS if you litteraly never stepped into the dungeon.
    It's not as unlikely as you think. When the season changes you get a key based on the last season. So in S2 you might get a +15 Shadopan Monastery key or something if you timed an 18 the last week of season 1. No one has done that key ever.

I was also talking about doing your own key where you invite the group. How should you prepare for that +15 you never did before? Should you be flamed for inviting people to do it with you and not knowing everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I like to work with colleagues in my RL work.

However, when in gaming, I prefer to play solo games or anonymous multiplayer one. So I don't do organized raiding or M+.

I am probably not the only one.

I began gaming even before Internet became mainstream.
    Organized raiding is one thing. Doing m+ as a solo player is perfecly obtainable and not that hard. You can get 2k+ rating pretty much by running solo and pug your way there. Need for guild, friends or community is not THAT required tbh.