Thread: Genshin Impact

You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    -snip-
    God, why is 95% of all video game youtube just clickbaity garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    God, why is 95% of all video game youtube just clickbaity garbage?
    I've been following the Dehya "drama" for quite some time on youtube.
    So call me an expert (>_<) lol

But literally everyone is saying she is crap...for now...unless this is a Kokomi situation where suddenly she becomes "good" with a new future setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    where suddenly she becomes "good" with a new future setup.
    Yes with Snezhnaya and the introduction of the hydro elem...oh... wait...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    I've been following the Dehya "drama" for quite some time on youtube.
    So call me an expert (>_<) lol

But literally everyone is saying she is crap...for now...unless this is a Kokomi situation where suddenly she becomes "good" with a new future setup.
    Kokomi was never crap, some people only saw the - crit and tho it mattered. Raiden the same only some people where whining, but anybody that would be able to do basic napkin math figured out she was good. The problem with deyha is the lack of synergy in the kit with its low damage. It would need ridiculously high buffer, but specific only to her otherwise you break another character, say something busted a set for pyro scales with hp for her, guess what it breaks hu tao lol.

Hydro is already the best element in the game. Deyha is one of the worse at using it as a pyro. She has the problem people.whined about raiden burst not being normal damage, not working with some stuff. Deyha burst doesent even count as an attack for all the on attack support procs. So she has double the raiden burst problem. With.like 1/3 of the damage... oh and also raiden burst restore her own energy and her teams lol. Deyha burst stops her energy regen lol. Theres so much wrong with her, its just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Kokomi was never crap, some people only saw the - crit and tho it mattered. Raiden the same only some people where whining, but anybody that would be able to do basic napkin math figured out she was good. The problem with deyha is the lack of synergy in the kit with its low damage. It would need ridiculously high buffer, but specific only to her otherwise you break another character, say something busted a set for pyro scales with hp for her, guess what it breaks hu tao lol.

Hydro is already the best element in the game. Deyha is one of the worse at using it as a pyro. She has the problem people.whined about raiden burst not being normal damage, not working with some stuff. Deyha burst doesent even count as an attack for all the on attack support procs. So she has double the raiden burst problem. With.like 1/3 of the damage... oh and also raiden burst restore her own energy and her teams lol. Deyha burst stops her energy regen lol. Theres so much wrong with her, its just weird.
    yeah thanks for summarizing the situation

I have one more you forgot (>_<)
    She fills one slot of the team as a "protector" and yet...the team ALSO needs a healer wasting another slot...otherwise Dehya will die
    She basicaly soaks damage

She is like a really thicc bodybuilder person occupying 2 seats on an airplane flight...

The whole situation is weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaix View Post
    At this point i can only assume that its because shes brown,
    Xinyan? Dogshit. Candace? Shit. Cyno? Shit.
    Ah, yes, the "Mihoyo are racist" conspiracy. I mean they are and there will never be a black character in the game, but that's not why Dehya is garbage. She's garbage because they are trying to put new playstyles in the game that will simply not work with the current artifacts/sets/interactions we have. She might be functional in the future, she may be paving the way for new styles, or she may just be a failed experiment. They definitely haven't deliberately made her garbage because she's brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Kokomi was never crap, some people only saw the - crit and tho it mattered.
    I wouldn't say she was crap, but she was definitely more niche. She got post-beta buffs to her ICDs which helped a lot with her hydro application, then a patch later she got the clam artifact set which was a big upgrade for her.

Theoretically they could do the same thing with Dehya and buff her scaling and pyro application a bit before she goes live, I'm not holding my breath though.

I have never rolled on weapon banner because bad luck protection doesn't roll forward on next banners. Just seems like a waste unless I literally never spent any primos for months or a year to save up enough to roll on 2-3 weapons in case I get the wrong one.

5+ Year Old Account
    Got a C1 Hu Tao in 11 rolls. Time to never level her bc I don't have the time/mora/$$

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Ah, yes, the "Mihoyo are racist" conspiracy. I mean they are and there will never be a black character in the game, but that's not why Dehya is garbage. She's garbage because they are trying to put new playstyles in the game that will simply not work with the current artifacts/sets/interactions we have. She might be functional in the future, she may be paving the way for new styles, or she may just be a failed experiment. They definitely haven't deliberately made her garbage because she's brown.
    Besides the horrible stuff that comment said, I'd argue that Hoyo is actually really innovative and pushing the limit when it comes to "representation". The fact is, mainstream East Asian players will not pay for characters that don't either: 1. Play into fetishes 2. Follow mainstream beauty standards. Their own celebs torment themselves to fit these standards or else their careers would tank. Sad but true, I didn't even realize so many Chinese actors and etc were suffering from balding because of how strict their diets are.

I really don't get the vibe that the devs dislike characters of certain colors. On the contrary, I think they like them just as much as any other. I do feel they're limited by the desires of the market, which is why they popped off so hard with Eremites. Devs like Dehya and co, but gamers don't like Dehya and co. That's the vibe I get. Or what I call "Dark-Elf syndrome" in weeb terms.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I have never rolled on weapon banner because bad luck protection doesn't roll forward on next banners. Just seems like a waste unless I literally never spent any primos for months or a year to save up enough to roll on 2-3 weapons in case I get the wrong one.
    Depends how far you already invested on other characters and if 2 weapons on banner are good or not for your team. They do make a dps difference however.
    But generaly they are a trap for new players. Older players can bruteforce banner if they skip characters they already have.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure its just a happy coincidence that every single brown character is dogshit.
    And no, dehya isnt bad because "muh new playstyle"
    There is nothing new about here. She's bad because her mods are dogshit and her uptime is garbage. She needs fucking MULTIPLE constellations to have what albedo has baseline. her burst cant even trigger yelan/twink additional attacks for some godforsaken nonsensical reason

This is not "new playstyle" bullshit. This is deliberately sabotaging a character.
    Last edited by Zaix; 2023-02-20 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    I wouldn't say she was crap, but she was definitely more niche. She got post-beta buffs to her ICDs which helped a lot with her hydro application, then a patch later she got the clam artifact set which was a big upgrade for her.

Theoretically they could do the same thing with Dehya and buff her scaling and pyro application a bit before she goes live, I'm not holding my breath though.
    Well she will work with a team i have in mind:
    Clusterfuck --- Dehya + Nahida + Kokomi + Yae miko
    Last time i didnt realy work well with either Bennet or xiangling as they cant keep pyro up on everyone and Yae keeps getting out of Bennet burst. And Thoma just doesnt work for Afk killbuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Besides the horrible stuff that comment said, I'd argue that Hoyo is actually really innovative and pushing the limit when it comes to "representation". The fact is, mainstream East Asian players will not pay for characters that don't either: 1. Play into fetishes 2. Follow mainstream beauty standards. Their own celebs torment themselves to fit these standards or else their careers would tank. Sad but true, I didn't even realize so many Chinese actors and etc were suffering from balding because of how strict their diets are.

I really don't get the vibe that the devs dislike characters of certain colors. On the contrary, I think they like them just as much as any other. I do feel they're limited by the desires of the market, which is why they popped off so hard with Eremites. Devs like Dehya and co, but gamers don't like Dehya and co. That's the vibe I get. Or what I call "Dark-Elf syndrome" in weeb terms.
    Well, yes, they are secondhand racists. They don't make many coloured characters because their core playerbase will simply not buy them or straight up go monke if they see one in their game. They definitely don't sabotage their own characters, but they are still prisoners of their playerbase. If a Liyue or even Inazuma character was as shit as Dehya? Mihoyo's main office would be burning by now.

I wouldn't say they are innovative at all. If you take a look at Honkai, it literally doesn't have a single character that's not white or yellow. Why? Because Honkai barely has any players outside China (and probably Japan). Meanwhile, Genshin is a worldwide hit and Mihoyos are walking a thin line between avoiding the tag of racists among their Western playerbase and not enraging the Chinese. Though it doesn't really mean they just made Dehya as a token character for representation, it's more like they know Westerners won't boycott her because she's brown. I don't believe they made her bad on purpose, but I'd also argue they will never make a top tier character that's not white or yellow.
    I'd say the most likely explanation is that they just experimented on a character that's not likely to cause much rage if she ends up bad. Which still doesn't mean they don't have plans to make her viable with new artifacts/weapons.

The reason i doubt the copium of new set to buff deyha, is that another pyro character that is already top tier share the exact same scalings, just much better. Anything trying to buff a pyro half atk half hp scaler, enough to make dehya good. Sends Hu Tao to the stratosphere. You cant even gatekeep the buff behind a talent, Hu Tao is one of those good to tripplr crown unit.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2023-02-21 at 12:21 PM.

The whole "playerbase doesn't like Dehya" is pretty bull. The playerbase was probably as excited about Dehya as Alhaitham. The online community has clearly marked her as dogshit gameplay wise though so we'll see. If she plays like Cyno trial did then I won't be rolling for her as much as she was the next great waifu for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

All I remember about Mihoyo and Honkai in regard of black characters is that the "black" (just a touch darker shade) character hates her own skin colour.

But I would honestly not say that Mihoyo themselves release black characters to shit on them. That would be so dumb because it's simply put: millions not earned when they could be earned if they release a "good" character.

Chinese are flipping racist though, even against whites and even against other asian countries.
    But money is money - so... I don't think they gain anything from that.
    What black man or woman is going to spend 200€ or something for a character that sucks. How desperate are people for half assed "representation"
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2023-02-21 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaix View Post
    "secondhand"
    No need to step on eggshells. THe vast majority of chinese are massive fucking racists to ANYONE that isnt chinese, and even that is subject to debate.
    Are you forgetting the time the bugmen had a massive chimpout because the evil gweilos got global exclusive event in honkai, resulting in the CEO nearly being murdered?
    You clearly have no clue about China and you're a massive racist yourself, so there's no real need to discuss anything with you any further. How about you come out on your real account so we know who to block?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    All I remember about Mihoyo and Honkai in regard of black characters is that the "black" (just a touch darker shade) character hates her own skin colour.

But I would honestly not say that Mihoyo themselves release black characters to shit on them. That would be so dumb because it's simply put: millions not earned when they could be earned if they release a "good" character.

Chinese are flipping racist though, even against whites and even against other asian countries.
    But money is money - so... I don't think they gain anything from that.
    What black man or woman is going to spend 200€ or something for a character that sucks. How desperate are people for half assed "representation"
    Wouldn't say she's black, just has tanned skin like people from the desert and known for.

Also anime in general doesn't give two craps about racial diversity and equal representation. That's mostly an American thing. The only reason most characters would have a non-white skin color is because they are going for the niche sex appeal. If they really were racist against them, however, they would simply just not add them to the game to begin with...
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2023-02-21 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the new Mihoyo game is trash:

Characters also looks bland as heck. It also looks worse when it comes to gatcha part.