Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Garrosh literally powerbombs a dragon out of the sky and survives.

Think what you want about him, but he was certainly badass.
    It was a badass moment yes when he cleaved that medium size drake in Twilight Highlands intro. What does that make Varian though who killed Onyxia a full sized dragon and bringing down the huge Fel Reaver?

Garrosh literally powerbombs a dragon out of the sky and survives.

Think what you want about him, but he was certainly badass.
    Thrall power-bombed Deathwing, the strongest Aspect who ever lived, out of the sky.

Saurfang injured Sylvanas, who at this point was empowered by Death Thanos and was strong enough to defeat the Lich King. Saurfang succeeded where Lich King failed (getting a hit on this empowered Sylvanas).

Broxigar injured Sargeras himself, enough said.

On the Villains side, Gul'dan casually oneshot Garrosh's daddy and could raise entire landmasses from the depths.

So Garrosh killed some random nameless dragon, that's supposed to be a big deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    It was a badass moment yes when he cleaved that medium size drake in Twilight Highlands intro. What does that make Varian though who killed Onyxia a full sized dragon and bringing down the huge Fel Reaver?
    If it was just a DRAKE, not even a dragon, then it's even lamer. Since drakes are much smaller, weaker, and younger than dragons.

Saurfang Jr. effortlessly oneshotting 3 Frost Vrykuls is more impressive than Garrosh killing a medium-sized drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The emotional overinvestment is palpable.
    If that's what you want to call "observing patterns in Horde posters on a lore forum", knock yourself out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    He 100 percent should. He's just trash Knaak fanfiction like all the other characters in those books.
    All books according to blizz are canon. No fanfiction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    I shared my view on who the best Orcs are. I simply have no respect for the new Horde. That is all.
    So you are delusional. Got it.

Also badass? The topic is about badass orcs though?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Thrall power-bombed Deathwing, the strongest Aspect who ever lived, out of the sky.

Saurfang injured Sylvanas, who at this point was empowered by Death Thanos and was strong enough to defeat the Lich King. Saurfang succeeded where Lich King failed (getting a hit on this empowered Sylvanas).

Broxigar injured Sargeras himself, enough said.

On the Villains side, Gul'dan casually oneshot Garrosh's daddy and could raise entire landmasses from the depths.

So Garrosh killed some random nameless dragon, that's supposed to be a big deal?

- - - Updated - - -

If it was just a DRAKE, not even a dragon, then it's even lamer. Since drakes are much smaller, weaker, and younger than dragons.

Saurfang Jr. effortlessly oneshotting 3 Frost Vrykuls is more impressive than Garrosh killing a medium-sized drake.
    Thrall didn't power bomb anyone, and instead used the power of every aspect to channel a laser beam at Deathwing.

Saurfang served as Garrosh's commander, so its no surprise he's a badass. But he's also a meme as his power stems from a vanilla bug that Blizzard ran with and made canon.

Gul'dan is a puss that needed to resort to demon blood and magic --- no orc spellcaster will ever be considered badass (See Thrall, and why people hate how he wins against Garrosh in their final duel).

Broxigar may or may not exist in in the official timeline, and is probably from an alternate reality....yes, even with the Cataclysm/Legion questing that goes back in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Broxigar may or may not exist in in the official timeline, and is probably from an alternate reality....yes, even with the Cataclysm/Legion questing that goes back in time.
    Broxigar appears in-game as a flashback in Legion to the events of the War of the Ancients, and was also witnessed and recorded attacking Sargeras on Argus by the Krokuun Broken.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Thrall didn't power bomb anyone, and instead used the power of every aspect to channel a laser beam at Deathwing.
    After he was found worthy by the Aspects to channel their power, which is more badass than anything Garrosh ever did in his entire existence.

Saurfang served as Garrosh's commander, so its no surprise he's a badass. But he's also a meme as his power stems from a vanilla bug that Blizzard ran with and made canon.
    He was chosen to guard Orgrimmar and then help lead the Northrend invasion by Thrall, and he actually refused to stick for Garrosh once the world turned against him.

Gul'dan is a puss that needed to resort to demon blood and magic
    And Garrosh was a pussy who needed to resort to Old God magic to even stand a chance.

And Gul'dan's personality was way more badass than Garrosh. Gul'dan was always calm, collected, and calculating, never losing his composure. He didn't even get angry in his demise, he just lost hope and accepted his death. Meanwhile, Garrosh was a big temper tantrum manchild with father issues, just look at how he reacted to Taran Zhu's daddy joke.

no orc spellcaster will ever be considered badass
    Last I checked, didn't Garrosh do the exact same thing Gul'dan did? Gorge himself into so much Cosmic juice that even his physical appearance was transformed?

But because he wielded an axe (that was channelling Old God magic nonetheless) he was badass? Lmfao No.

See Thrall, and why people hate how he wins against Garrosh in their final duel).
    That's wrong, the only people who dislike how Thrall won are Garrosh fanboys and Warrior players, everyone else focuses on the more important aspect of that story: Thrall finally putting that psycho down and ending his reign of terror.

And I have actually seen way more people argue that Thrall DIDN'T cheat, because Thrall used Shaman powers in the WotLK duel too and no one had a problem with it.

So you are objectively wrong when you say that everyone sides with Garrosh in that duel and hates Thrall.

That's wrong, Broxigar appeared in a flashback in Black Rook Hold in Legion:

And if you're going to say "Well he needed an empowered God axe to wound Sargeras", I'm just going to point out that Garrosh was also using an empowered Old God axe in SoO, https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Xal...ge_of_Gorehowl
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-20 at 09:34 AM.

snip
    I think I shal agree with Varodoc. The Aspects made Thrall into the Earth Warder so he would be able to use the Dragon Soul and they protected him during that raid. Having the respect of so many powerful beings shows basassery in my opinion. The same thing with Broxigar. The fact that he went and sacrificed himself to save his friends fighting upon a pile of demons injuring even Sargeras shows badassery.

On the other hand Garrosh is a disgrace in terms of honorable combat. Using children to blackmail the Magnataur parents because he couldn't fight the night elves otherwise in Ashenvale. Krakens in Orgrimmar. The Focusing Iris being used because he was unable to get Theramore in fair combat not to mention killing the Blue Dragon guards from behind that transported it to the Nexus to safekeep it (a neutral faction that had nothing to do with his war) and finally the Heart of Ysaarj in order for him to have the upper hand.

In short badassery is doing something heroic to build and protect. Using underhanded tactics and killing women and children is cowardice in my opinion.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2023-02-20 at 04:04 PM.

I think I shal agree with Varodoc. The Aspects made Thrall into the Earth Warder so he would be able to use the Dragon Soul and they protected him during that raid. Having the respect of so many powerful beings shows basassery in my opinion. The same thing with Broxigar. The fact that he went and sacrificed himself to save his friends fighting upon a pile of demons injuring even Sargeras shows badassery.

On the other hand Garrosh is a disgrace in terms of honorable combat. Using children to blackmail the Magnataur parents because he couldn't fight the night elves otherwise in Ashenvale. Krakens in Orgrimmar. The Focusing Iris being used because he was unable to get Theramore in fair combat not to mention killing the Blue Dragon guards from behind that transported it to the Nexus to safekeep it (a neutral faction that had nothing to do with his war) and finally the Heart of Ysaarj in order for him to have the upper hand.

In short badassery is doing something heroic to build and protect. Using underhanded tactics and killing women and children is cowardice in my opinion.
    That's because only Garrosh is allowed to cheat and use underhanded tactics, according to these guys. Anyone else is not allowed to do so.

Notice how Thrall is apparently pathetic because he had to resort to magic against Garrosh... But no one here ever brings up how Garrosh needed to twist the Elements with his Dark Shamans before engaging Thrall in SoO, so as to deprive Thrall of his powers (that's a bitch move).

Let's not even talk about how depriving Thrall of Shaman magic is like depriving Garrosh of an axe... a 1v1 where Garrosh can use his axe but Thrall cannot use his magic would be cheating in Garrosh's favour, because Thrall's whole arsenal and fighting style is based around shamanism, as he reminds Garrosh.

You can't put a Warrior against a Shaman and then tell the Shaman "Sorry bro, you cant use 99% of your powers, deal with it, good luck" and expect it to be a fair fight. Surely you must realize how this would be massive cheating in the Warrior's favour.

It's like telling Khadgar or Jaina that they have to fight Garrosh... but they can't use any magic. Gee, I wonder how this totally fair and honest fight would go.

In other words, only Garrosh is allowed to cheat and get unfair advantages, anyone else is not allowed to do so. Obviously.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-20 at 10:39 PM.

Varodoc lets spice things up. I find completely badass the fact that AU Garrosh Hellscream regognised his people thirst for blood and converted willingly to the light and then fighting to convert the rest of the bloodthirsty Iron Horde.

Well, to chime in on my own version:

It took orc heroes to get their collective race together into a more unified whole. But...My initial "crib notes" didn't go far enough. So my rewrite...I knew the orc race would be the main opposing race to balance the human race, but how they got there was the challenge to me. Core beliefs are the usual reasons. "Strength and Honor" was always a big deal. But it somehow became twisted into "Honor is for the Strong." (Motto of Kor'kron renegades that believe in orcish supremacy) (Orcish arete (to borrow the Latin for "excellence.") Such excellence is what orc heroes will strive for in their honor.
    (Contrast that to Tauren Hozho borrowed from the Navajo meaning "harmony and peace")
    The upshot to me is that in some cases it'll likely be the players that make the call. As we have a couple of people here that insist on role-playing their love for Garrosh (as was written by Blizz) and other mass murderers, the Kor'kron renegades will definitely get the spotlight.

Thrall is literally a bitch that gives up hope and whines about the legion and abandons doomhammer. Then when I find it, tells me the player shaman that I am way more in tune with it than he ever was because I am able to unlock a magical fire off-hand that he couldn't access because #reasons Enhance is a dual-wielding spec.

Thrall continues to be a bitch to this day.

Being a stand-in for Neltharian doesn't make Thrall badass, it just makes him strong with the earth element. We have the respect of all the aspects in the current xpac, yet we are still tasked with collecting poop #badass.

Garrosh is the only well-written Villain to have been developed entirely in WoW. And yes, he was a badass. He was also fun to hate.
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Varodoc lets spice things up. I find completely badass the fact that AU Garrosh Hellscream regognised his people thirst for blood and converted willingly to the light and then fighting to convert the rest of the bloodthirsty Iron Horde.
    Not to mention that we know of several AU Garroshes who turned into legendary and beloved Warchiefs.

You know, it's sad when you think about it. Out of all the potential versions of Garrosh in the megaverse, the Main Timeline was stuck with the worst version of Garrosh imaginable.

Thrall is literally a bitch that gives up hope and whines about the legion and abandons doomhammer.
    Last I checked, didn't that "bitch" completely destroy Garrosh with one shot? What does that make Garrosh then?

And wasn't Garrosh going to doom the world to the inevitable Legion Invasion if he actually got his way? (since obviously Garrosh is a gnat compared to Sargeras, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, etc. and he wouldn't be able to stop a Legion Invasion on his own)

Thrall continues to be a bitch to this day.
    Not really. While Garrosh has been dead for years and disenchanted himself against a random servant of the Jailer in his only cameo in the last decade, Thrall actually led the charge to overthrow Sylvanas in BfA alongside Saurfang and Anduin, then he was a leading figure in Shadowlands against the Jailer.

Being a stand-in for Neltharian doesn't make Thrall badass
    Yet Garrosh became relevant solely and exclusively because Thrall chose him as "stand-in" before he could resume his duties as Warchief.

Again, what does that make Garrosh?

Garrosh is the only well-written Villain to have been developed entirely in WoW
    Strange, don't Garrosh fanboys think that his writing post-Cataclysm sucked and that he deserved better?

It's funny that you accuse Thrall of being a bitch, yet Garrosh would be a literal nobody random quest giver from Nargrand if Thrall hadn't met him.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-21 at 07:14 PM.

Not to mention that we know of several AU Garroshes who turned into legendary and beloved Warchiefs.

You know, it's sad when you think about it. Out of all the potential versions of Garrosh in the megaverse, the Main Timeline was stuck with the worst version of Garrosh imaginable.

Last I checked, didn't that "bitch" completely destroy Garrosh with one shot? What does that make Garrosh then?

And wasn't Garrosh going to doom the world to the inevitable Legion Invasion if he actually got his way? (since obviously Garrosh is a gnat compared to Sargeras, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, etc. and he wouldn't be able to stop a Legion Invasion on his own)

Not really. While Garrosh has been dead for years and disenchanted himself against a random servant of the Jailer in his only cameo in the last decade, Thrall actually led the charge to overthrow Sylvanas in BfA alongside Saurfang and Anduin, then he was a leading figure in Shadowlands against the Jailer.

Yet Garrosh became relevant solely and exclusively because Thrall chose him as "stand-in" before he could resume his duties as Warchief.

Again, what does that make Garrosh?

Strange, don't Garrosh fanboys think that his writing post-Cataclysm sucked and that he deserved better?

It's funny that you accuse Thrall of being a bitch, yet Garrosh would be a literal nobody random quest giver from Nargrand if Thrall hadn't met him.

I can't expect someone who thinks post-Cata thrall is a good character, and uses Alleria Windrunner to understand why Garrosh is a badass.

Thrall couldn't get the elements to properly answer him after killing Garrosh, cried and gave up Doomhammer when Legion attacked, then hid like a pussy on outlands and only came back when Sylvannas tried to have him assassinated.

Thrall was also kidnapped into the Shadowlands...he didn't lead into anything.

I can't expect someone who thinks post-Cata thrall is a good character, and uses Alleria Windrunner to understand why Garrosh is a badass.
    Alleria and the Ren'dorei are pretty much a successful version of SoO Garrosh, and last I checked, Garrosh fanboys complain about his writing post-Cata; So Yes, you would have to explain what's badass about Garrosh compared to the people you mentioned.

No, by the way, wielding an axe is not enough to be considered a badass, otherwise even a fucking peon is badass.

Thrall couldn't get the elements to properly answer him after killing Garrosh,
    Yes, because Garrosh was like an adopted son to him and he felt guilty about killing him, this is explained in the Doomhammer artifact book.
    cried
    Yet Garrosh was crying like a little bitch when Thrall killed him and he still refused to acknowledge his mistakes, like a spoiled brat.

He was also triggered by a simple joke from a panda, so you really shouldn't accuse Thrall of being a crybaby when Garrosh is literally the biggest triggered manchild in the Warcraft universe.

and gave up Doomhammer when Legion attacked
    He actually had the Doomhammer when the Legion attacked and was one of the leading figures of the Broken Shore attack so obviously this is biased revisionism.

then hid like a pussy on outlands
    Following your logic, Garrosh hid like a pussy for years on AU Draenor.

Also, unlike Garrosh, Thrall had a wife and two children, so going into hiding is not really coward behaviour for him, since it would have protected his family.

So Thrall was a "pussy" because he wanted his children to grow up in a peaceful region, instead of a war-torn world with yearly apocalyptic threats? Interesting logic as per usual from the Garrosh supporters.
    and only came back when Sylvannas tried to have him assassinated.
    The fact that Sylvanas felt threatened by Thrall, the fact that Sylvanas saw Thrall as a threat to her and the Janitor's Cosmic plans, once again proves that Thrall is more badass than Garrosh.

Sylvanas felt threatened by Thrall, meanwhile Garrosh was just used as a disposable battery charge by the Janitor's minions.

Thrall was also kidnapped into the Shadowlands
    I mean, Garrosh was also bombed out of the sky in literally the start of the Twilight Highlands questline when he tried (and failed) to lead it, and then his subordinates had to pick up the remains of the fleet.

Your argument doesn't make sense, Jaina was also kidnapped, are you going to say that Jaina is not badass? Jaina, one of the most powerful mages in the Warcraft history, who single-handedly nuked the walls of Lordaeron?
    he didn't lead into anything.
    I didn't say he lead into Shadowlands, I said he was a leading figure in Shadowlands, and this is a fact by just playing the Sanctum of Domination raid.

Your attempts to paint Thrall as a pussy have failed, Thrall was an important figure in Shadowlands, and this is easily proven by simply playing the 9.1 questline+raid.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-24 at 09:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only people that rly played his quests in wtlk/cata/mop can understand how badass and funny Garrosh was. I always get flashbacks of the scene where he kicks a dragon off his flying ship

Thrall couldn't get the elements to properly answer him after killing Garrosh, cried and gave up Doomhammer when Legion attacked, then hid like a pussy on outlands and only came back when Sylvannas tried to have him assassinated.

Thrall was also kidnapped into the Shadowlands...he didn't lead into anything.
    thrall was one of the examples of how emasculated and deconstructed a character can get, what we have now and what we had in wc3 are two different characters all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Only people that rly played his quests in wtlk/cata/mop can understand how badass and funny Garrosh was. I always get flashbacks of the scene where he kicks a dragon off his flying ship

thrall was one of the examples of how emasculated and deconstructed a character can get, what we have now and what we had in wc3 are two different characters all together.
    I will agree that Garrosh had his fun moments as pretty much every character. However if we wanna talk about Emansculated and Deconstructed characters Garrosh and Sylvannas have the top spot by far. Both characters were constructed by two different teams with different opinions and both teams were at war with each other screwing each others work.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will agree that Garrosh had his fun moments as pretty much every character. However if we wanna talk about Emansculated and Deconstructed characters Garrosh and Sylvannas have the top spot by far. Both characters were constructed by two different teams with different opinions and both teams were at war with each other screwing each others work.
    I don't deny that either, to me honest everything after cata/mop was a fucking disaster.

Its just that thrall stop being a man, because "mut toxic masculinity"

Alleria and the Ren'dorei are pretty much a successful version of SoO Garrosh, and last I checked, Garrosh fanboys complain about his writing post-Cata; So Yes, you would have to explain what's badass about Garrosh compared to the people you mentioned.

No, by the way, wielding an axe is not enough to be considered a badass, otherwise even a fucking peon is badass.

Yes, because Garrosh was like an adopted son to him and he felt guilty about killing him, this is explained in the Doomhammer artifact book.

Yet Garrosh was crying like a little bitch when Thrall killed him and he still refused to acknowledge his mistakes, like a spoiled brat.

He was also triggered by a simple joke from a panda, so you really shouldn't accuse Thrall of being a crybaby when Garrosh is literally the biggest triggered manchild in the Warcraft universe.

He actually had the Doomhammer when the Legion attacked and was one of the leading figures of the Broken Shore attack so obviously this is biased revisionism.

Following your logic, Garrosh hid like a pussy for years on AU Draenor.

Also, unlike Garrosh, Thrall had a wife and two children, so going into hiding is not really coward behaviour for him, since it would have protected his family.

So Thrall was a "pussy" because he wanted his children to grow up in a peaceful region, instead of a war-torn world with yearly apocalyptic threats? Interesting logic as per usual from the Garrosh supporters.

The fact that Sylvanas felt threatened by Thrall, the fact that Sylvanas saw Thrall as a threat to her and the Janitor's Cosmic plans, once again proves that Thrall is more badass than Garrosh.

Sylvanas felt threatened by Thrall, meanwhile Garrosh was just used as a disposable battery charge by the Janitor's minions.

I mean, Garrosh was also bombed out of the sky in literally the start of the Twilight Highlands questline when he tried (and failed) to lead it, and then his subordinates had to pick up the remains of the fleet.

Your argument doesn't make sense, Jaina was also kidnapped, are you going to say that Jaina is not badass? Jaina, one of the most powerful mages in the Warcraft history, who single-handedly nuked the walls of Lordaeron?

I didn't say he lead into Shadowlands, I said he was a leading figure in Shadowlands, and this is a fact by just playing the Sanctum of Domination raid.

Your attempts to paint Thrall as a pussy have failed, Thrall was an important figure in Shadowlands, and this is easily proven by simply playing the 9.1 questline+raid.
    Thrall is a miserable failure who never cared for the Orcs and should have get rid of the minute he even sguuested to settle in Durotar. I hope he dies together with Baine in vaine while everything he has ever build is being burned to the ground especially his bonds towards the alliance.

Garrosh
    Grom
    Guldan
    Nazgrim
    The PC Orc
    Saurfang Jr.
    Saurfang Sr.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."