Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Depends on who is queuing vs you.

You really don't understand. I can throw a 20 or 22 or 24 key up and have actually like 30+ dps at 2900+ rating in queue.

I would literally never look at you at 2500. You would rot in the queue until I fill.

Push your own key.
    ill take thats as a yes it would stop me as for pushing my key guess ill need to drop it as im not sure how much use i can get out of a 22 ruby and be4 you ask how i got that, its what happens when you start the week wiht a 20 shadowmoon and 2 chest it

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    that literally dose not explain why i'm getting instantly declined for them that just means most are ignoring me coz of my lower score, not instantly declining me the second i sign up to the grp.

and yes that would probably be the case if they are going for timer i've signed up for lots listed as "finish for weekly" only to be insta declined for the key but it seems that for some reason people want all keys done to get into a specific key and this doesn't just apply to 20s and its a stupid mentality imo
    I'm gonna assume people have an addon which instantly declines anyone who isn't a minimum score.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I'm gonna assume people have an addon which instantly declines anyone who isn't a minimum score.
    is there a addon for that?

ill take thats as a yes it would stop me as for pushing my key guess ill need to drop it as im not sure how much use i can get out of a 22 ruby and be4 you ask how i got that, its what happens when you start the week wiht a 20 shadowmoon and 2 chest it
    I'd still play the 22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Cool? You are just further proving all you can time is smbg.

This is doing nothing to increase a pugs view of you. Which is the only thing that matters.

You need to be able to show your skill and experience not just feel "I am good enough to do this key they are meanies for declining me".

No one owes you anything.

that literally dose not explain why i'm getting instantly declined for them that just means most are ignoring me coz of my lower score, not instantly declining me the second i sign up to the grp.

and yes that would probably be the case if they are going for timer i've signed up for lots listed as "finish for weekly" only to be insta declined for the key but it seems that for some reason people want all keys done to get into a specific key and this doesn't just apply to 20s and its a stupid mentality imo
    Minimum rio requirement possibly gets you insta declined. Are you queueing alone or with a friend?

Why drop it, just play it if you die you learn from your mistakes

If you don't have 8000 score and 10/8 mythic raid progression, don't even bother queuing for anything above a +2. pugs don't want to run keys, they want to be carried through them

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Nah you can set a specific rating and ilvl when forming a group, the game will allow you to queue, but it will also auto reject you from it.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say hilariously low, since you're in the top 10%, but it's certainly not enough to get invited to 20s unless you know the party leader.
    It shows ? i thought you can't see groups that you can't queue to but i am not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    It shows ? i thought you can't see groups that you can't queue to but i am not sure
    Yeah they show, at the very least I could see keys with ilvl reqs that my teammates didn't meet, I wouldn't know if they saw those runs.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

is there a addon for that?
    There's a WA that hides people under a set score.

There's a known 'auto-decline' bug; just relog/restart WoW and it usually goes away.

Re general M+ mentality: 2573 puts you in the 18-20s range. Meaning, from a purely outsider's perspective, you struggle with those keys. That is your current limit. A 20 is not a comfortable, easy key for you. It pushes you and requires you to be on your game to have a chance of succeeding. There is a solid chance you'll make mistakes, cause a wipe, or otherwise make the key harder than it needs to be.

It's about 2650 when you show you can beat a +20 on all dungeons once, and around 2750 when you can do a +20 in all dungeons on both tyrannical and fortified. When you break 2800, I'd say that shows a player who can reliably complete +20s, though not flawlessly. When you break the 3k mark I'd say that those players would find 20s fairly routine.

And the reality is there are about 7,000 DPS above 3k rating, and over double that (about 15,500) above 2.9k rating. And there's about 100,000 dps over 2650. This is just in NA, higher in EU. The reality is that 2573 is a rather low rating, especially for 20s. At this point in the season, if I'm doing a 20 to flush out my vault on my alt, I don't even look at people <2800. There's more than enough applicants in the 2800+ range. And more importantly that range excludes nearly all boosted toons (I rarely see adverts for carries above +20).

Loads of high scoring players who will run 20s each week to flush out their vault, especially on bad weeks where their teams do not want to push for score.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I get 100 people applying for a key in literally 2 seconds, can you imagine what the forums would be like if the 99 people I didn't pick all came to make this thread? It's not just you playing the game buddy.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by brynhildrprot View Post
    Minimum rio requirement possibly gets you insta declined. Are you queueing alone or with a friend?
    im queueing alone for them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by God Save The King View Post
    There's a WA that hides people under a set score.

There's a known 'auto-decline' bug; just relog/restart WoW and it usually goes away.
    this is news to me whats the weakaura called?

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    I wouldn't say hilariously low, since you're in the top 10%, but it's certainly not enough to get invited to 20s unless you know the party leader.
    Hasn't that always been the WoW community, though? Anything below the top is "hilariously low" and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Hasn't that always been the WoW community, though? Anything below the top is "hilariously low" and whatnot.
    I guess what the person I replied to meant is that basically : if your brain works 2k5 isn't difficult to get.

Which is different to saying "not everyone who engages in M+ plays it long enough or cares to get 2k5".

So although I agree that getting 2k5 wasn't particularly difficult (for me anyway), it still remains true that you're still in the minority of players if your io is higher than 2k5.

I'll also add that I am currently 2k6, and I don't feel like I'm the one "holding" the group back when playing keys. If I didn't have to work, or if I had infinite time I could probably hit a much higher score.
    Last edited by Azharok; 2023-03-03 at 12:54 PM.

Azharok - Dalaran EU

There are people that have completed the key but weren't necessarily keeping up with the group in terms of output or effectiveness. Not to say you're one of them, but there are scenarios where you have a couple of super-high DPS, or an incredible tank and healer combo, and 1 average or even decent DPS. The group times the key, maybe even with +3, but a big part of that was due to those super-high DPS.

When there's 50 people applying to a group, the general approach is that people will go for those with higher score because that information is immediately present in the UI. When the leader is trying to clear out the list, they're unlikely to be looking at who's timed the dungeon, and are instead just shotgunning people out of the list based on the number.

It's really nothing personal, it's just that the UI in-game doesn't immediately iterate who's timed specific dungeons.

i need some help understanding this as its making no sense to I've got 2573 score on my hunter I've timed Shadowmoon burial grounds 20 on both fortified and tyrannical, I've even 2 chested it on tyrannical yet I'm getting instantly declined for every 20 burialgrounds i sign for same is happening wiht algathar on tyrannical I've timed a 20 for that side why i get instantly declined. this make no sense to me

what dose timing a other dungeons have to do with my ability to do the 2 dungeons mentioned above?
    Last time I held SBG key, I had like 140 sign ups in under 3 minutes few weeks ago.
    If it's "insta decline" - they probably have ilvl/score requirement which you don't meet.

- - - Updated - - -

this is news to me whats the weakaura called?
    I use filter addon. Can't remember what it's called but I use it for applicants or when I want to get into certain keys, but don't want to see keys with positions taken or if leader has bad score.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    no you are just exaggerating, it happens ye but people make it seem like a 2k io can't join a +15

The top is 3300-3400
    3000 or 2800 is still good

M+ is all about FOTM and best possible score/rating. The higher you push, the more people want the best possible group for X dungeon. IF you are not getting the invites, it is because you dont meet this criteria.

Best way to push keys is with friends / guild. Pugging is always rolling the dice and thats why you gotta really filter as best u can who is coming.

i've heard some people in trade say "i won't see your signup if you haven't timed the dungeon this week". so maybe there is a mod that does auto declines now?