Last Epoch 0.9 patch.. I've been having a blast even though some bugs and connection problems. But all to be expected with an early access beta. I would say it's probably the ARPG with the most promise for the next year(D4 might still over take it, but haven't played D4, so can't say).

It's a solid 8/10 right now. Gameplay is amazing, but I do want to take points away from story being quite short and unfinished.

Warhammer Darktide

Sewer trash / 10

• Absolutely nothing to do once you hit max level.
    • Crooked gore, carnage, and generally disgusting looking game.
    • Can aggravate voices in people who are predisposed to it (since you are invited up too personal to live in that world, constant chattering, various voices and chants, etc, etc).

Fuck this shit, going to need couple days to wash this garbage out of my head.

Diablo 3 - 6.5 or 7 / 10

Got back into it to play a bit before d4 is coming out and heard good things about the altar. Which is true.
    Enjoying it and gameplay is still fun and snappy. Problem with D3 for me has always been the progression.
    I enjoyed the idea of inferno back in vanilla since the game was a tad bit slower, not combat wise but progression wise. Bar AH which was a clusterfuck.
    Problem now is the pacing of the progression. After creating a new character you spend quite a bit lvling unless you get boosted.
    Then after just a few hours you already have your set and almost all legos and grind GR at 70-80+. After that it now turns into a slog again by grinding the same pieces but with better stats.
    It's uneven. Would do wonders if it was smoothed out a bit.
    Not a big fan of having class specific loot either. You can find gear for other characters but those are rare. I'd love to find good pieces which makes me push for another character. Main culprit for this is that you get main stats on items. So even if I find a shared legendary that works for another class and their build it's probably the wrong stat. You can transmog this ofc to make that character gear up slightly faster, but getting shards to buy from kadala is quicker.

Hoping the progression in d4 is better.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    This was exactly my take as well on all Team Ninja games. It's like having to learn astrophysics just to solve linear algebra problems.
    more like learning astrophysics just to boil an egg, very complicated loot system (at least for me) doesnt really get explained, or it doesnt at the point of the game im at.

WoW: Dragonflight, 8/10 for now.

There was a free weekend, so I took DF for a spin. Or tried to, for whatever reason the starting quest didn't work until Saturday evening, so I was more screwing around where I could, mostly getting my Alliance alt up to speed. Used her for the whole event, leaving my Horde main to wait for when I actually buy the expansion.

There was a caveat: I couldn't level past 60. I would still get the xp I earn from questing, but it's banked for later. When I buy DF my Alliance alt will instantly be lvl 64, which is as far as I got her according to the game. It didn't affect the gameplay experience at all, since the mobs scale with you, so I got to do everything in Waking Shores against lvl 60 mobs. They started to have minimum levels at Oh'naran Plains, which is probably the reason for the second caveat: I didn't get the linking quest for the zone after I was done in Waking Shores. I didn't mind it, Waking Shores had plenty to do and I wasn't done with it until today, having just a few hours left of the free event by that point. With the remaining time I rode my dragon across all of the continent, collecting dragon riding glyphs to max out my riding talents.

And god damn, if dragon riding isn't fun as hell. The few times I visited Stormwind and some other places felt awful, as the old flying mounts feel so dull after wooshing around Dragon Isles. I've always favored small mounts, preferring mechanical, but riding the dragon feels so natural I didn't miss my old gyrocopter and other such at all. It's possible dragon riding will at some point get old, but for now I'm loving it and definitely look forward to it when I finally get the expansion.

As for the world building, the environments, quests, main story... I pretty much liked everything Waking Shores had to offer (barring some individual cases that I don't care for out of personal preference). There's discernible attention to detail and the little stories feel light-hearted, which I expected not to care about too much, but surprisingly I'm loving it. Same vibes as with MoP back in the day. For once it doesn't feel like imminent doom hangs about the world, but rather the dragonflights are facing some severe problems and we're there to help them. And when we're not actively engaging in that we're learning more things about the flights and the Titans.

I didn't run any dungeons so no judgment on that or the raiding scene. Renown is back, though I only got to lvl 4 with what was available in Waking Shores, so I don't know how well they work this time. Still have to see how I like the rest of the zones, as that's something MoP stumbled with: it felt like they put most of their chips into Jade Forest and the rest of the continent was somewhat of an afterthought. In comparison, that is, they're still fine zones, but Jade Forest is on another level. I hope this isn't the case with DF. I visited Valdrakken to check out the main hub of the expansion. First impressions, it's fine. Not one of my favorites. It's possible I'll need actual content for the place to truly appreciate it. I mean, I initially hated Oribos, but after two months of making good use of it I liked it alright.

I read the news about 10.1 content, the caverns. Early for judgment, sure, but I get some Broken Shore vibes from it. Great initial continent, then the first patch zone is a drab. It was the same with Nazjatar and Korthia, I don't know what it is with mid-expansion zones. So far MoP is the only one that got it right with Isle of Thunder. Well, I liked Crusader's Coliseum for its content and vibes, yet it was mostly just an expansion to Icecrown.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2023-03-14 at 12:32 AM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Time Wasters 7/10

Very fun and slick reverse bullet hell.

Like a Dragon Ishin!

So Yakuza Legends Arceus is the name of the game at least it's new to me being the silly Gaijin that I am.

The Good
    Great RGG Story Telling you love if your a fan lot of reading if you aren't
    Fun Combat though not sword style takes a lot more work to make good than sword
    Lots of fun Mini Games though mostly the same RGG stuff you would expect.
    Great Chicken Race exploit to cut down on grinding!

The Meh
    Story is a little dry at points
    They are not used to the unreal engine and it shows
    Still very grindy
    Not good for ADD folks the side quests are EVERYWHERE but if you played Yakuza this is par for the course

The Bad
    Side quest difficulty spike in the missions and the arena if you don't get good gear you will get WALLED but the rest of the game you barely have to upgrade
    Not a huge fan of the card system but at least it's ignorable

Overall 8/10

Outriders with PS Plus Premium;

6/10

It's alright, can't imagine sticking out after finishing the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Wo Long: only a few hours in but its a 9/10 so far.
    I keep confusing this game with Black Myth: Wukong... >_<

Elden ring: 1.5/10, and that's being generous

i need to state outright i'm not living in some subjectivity fantasy world where i think my opinion supersedes that of the masses - i get i'm a fraction of a fraction of a minority on this so i'm not posting this to shit on the positive vibe others have for the game, just to share a take that isn't the common one in the off-chance it's useful to anyone else who might end up feeling the same way as me.

hell i'm even going to put this in spoilers because i'll bet there are people who will lose their fucking minds that i dared to not like this, and i don't want to trigger them with my unkind appraisal.
    don't even bother clicking on the below unless you want to see a negative take on most things related to this game.

finally gave up and bought this since DF is so spectacularly boring it's becoming almost useless and i figured i needed a week to kill until the next patch adds some content.
    i've been highly skeptical of this and leery of it - i've never played a direct From Software game but i've played enough "souls-like" games to know i'm not a fan of the formula, and hoo boy is this game the root source of the formula.

i have literally nothing positive to say about this game, not one single thing felt good to me in the 8 or 9 hours i forced myself to play to try and justify the 50 bucks i wasted on a digital download that i can't return.
    my top issues with it that i think aren't purely subjective and that might be information useful to anyone else reading this who is still on the fence:

1. the combat and the game design isn't "hard" or "challenging" - it's just *vexing* and annoying.
    difficulty stems from the fact that the game handles like someone made a shopping cart simulator on a playstation 2 and so the biggest obstacle to overcome to how clunky and sludgy the controls are, and also....

2. the game looks like absolute dogshit. it's unfathomable for a ps4/ps5 era game to look this horrendous. it's like if you took a piece of moist generic brand wheat bread and poured some hot dog vomit on it, that would look about the same as this game.
    absolutely everything is horrendous, from the art design to the color palette to the actual animation and artwork.
    it's janky when it isn't flat out glitching, and everything is a mostly undifferentiated slab of brown or gray which can make it difficult to see enemies before they're getting hits in on you, and if there's more than 2 of them in a room you're pretty much dead by that point.
    seriously i cannot stress enough how mind-boggling it is that a game can look this god awful on a modern gaming system.
    it looks worse than the original shadow of the colossus on the playstation 2 back in 2005.

3. inventory and menu systems are shitty and ugly, item management is cumbersome and unintuitive, and i'm all for not-hand-holding but there comes a point where it wouldn't kill you to explain what a stat does clearly so i don't have to look up a guide to understand WTF is even happening in terms of mechanics.

4. it just feels so dated, and not in a clever or throw-back way. it's like From Software aren't aware that developments have been made in the gaming industry in the last 25 years and are still operating on a coding and design blueprint that was last used to make Parasite Eve.
    from the crappy controls to the fact that combat is "hard" because you're having to overcome the game's shittiness and not because of any elegance in the execution, and then on top of that you have no plot to speak of because instead of telling a story they're "setting a scene" and instead of a narrative that makes sense they're "letting you form your own conclusions" so it all feels like a shit-bucket serving no purpose.

if you like open world exploration games, if you like 3rd person action-rpg combat, if you like broad overarching narratives tying together disparate gameplay systems... i cannot recommend this game at all, because it kind of does all of that but in the worst possible version that will just piss you off.
    for the 10 hours or so i played it, it reminded me of a shittier final fantasy 15, and that game was a dumpster fire.
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2023-03-15 at 01:27 PM.

Spellforce 3 - Fallen God 9/10
    Amazing expansion to Spellforce 3. Not much to say than I previously did about the base gameplay loop of Spellforce 3, which I liked for the most part. The campaign and addition of Trolls was great, sometimes maybe a bit too overstated and trying to get an emotional response out of the player. But the story, individual dilemmas, characters etc all made for a worth finish of the third installment in the series. Considering how bad the later Spellforce 2 expansions are, this is refreshing. I also preferred Fallen God over Soul Harvest, which was imo the weakest campaign in SF3.

GNOG - 6/10
    It's a small, very short, but interesting puzzle game. There aren't any instructions on what to do, it's just based on very simple logical thinking (e.g. get the frog to jump down the drawer by freeing a fly and making him follow it, so you can open it). Art style is quite unique and fit for the purpose, I also enjoyed the music. Sadly, the controls are quite clunky. All in all, though, it was a nice small mental exercise to kill an hour or two. 10$ is also okayish, though I wouldn't recommend it at that price and wait for a sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resident Evil Village VR: 9.5/10

The game itself without the PSVR2 is quite alright, probably a 7.5/10, but the VR experience is absolutely mental. I felt literally being in that world. The experience in the dark part of the doll house had me screaming, I'm glad no-one videotaped it to hold it as ransom.

Too bad the rest of the game is pretty run of the mill shooty type Resident Evil, with the psychological horror elements being kinda dimmed out, but the VR immersion and the gunplay are well worth the price of admission.

Thanks game, I now have a new giantess fetish. I don't know how Lady Dimitrescu is in the base game, but she is really tall in VR.

A must buy for the PSVR2.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2023-03-19 at 09:15 PM.

Diablo 4 Beta. 9/10

Really enjoyed the first open beta (even with the limitation), had great fun running round blasting Demons with my friend(s). cant wait for the next beta to try the necromancer and druid. also cant wait for the game to release. its going to be a blast.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonflight: 5/10 It is nice and refreshing in a way, but more of the same as per the last few expansions: play the patch and nothing else matters... meaing, play the latest M+ and nothign else matters.

Hogwarts Legacy: 9/10 Not a 10 because it has too much stuff going on at times, feels a bit MMoish, but is not a bad thing

Sons of the Forest: 8/10 Can´t give it more because it is on early release, but so far that is basically 10/10.. amazing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Traeliorn View Post
    Diablo 4 Beta. 9/10

Really enjoyed the first open beta (even with the limitation), had great fun running round blasting Demons with my friend(s). cant wait for the next beta to try the necromancer and druid. also cant wait for the game to release. its going to be a blast.
    Also my last game played but I sadly have to give it a 7/10.
    Great graphics and immersion, absolutely mediocre gameplay and UI though.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Inscryption 10/10 (6/10 on Steam Deck)

Haven't quite finished it, but I already know this'll be a 10 unless something unexpected happens. Card/deckbuilding game made by the Pony Island guy and maybe because I only played it on the deck, I kinda... forgot about that? So when the game inevitably had its "Pony Island moment" I was floored.

The card game is fairly simple but has enough nuance to be interesting, and it expands quite a lot after the Pony Island moment. Interesting game concept that apparently contained an ARG which has since been solved, so I'm sure there'll be interesting reading ahead of me once I finally finish it. They also added a free mini-expansion that turns the game into a bit of a roguelike, so that's even better value for cost.

-2 points on Steam Deck because you have to awkwardly use the pads/stick to emulate a mouse. It's functional but rather cumbersome. In many cases, a button you click on pops up when you're near something, and it seems strange that you can't just press A to automatically interact with it. Hardly a deal-breaker but annoying. I haven't yet checked for save cross-compatibility. I'm sure it's fully compatible but it'll be another -2 points if Linux and Windows saves aren't compatible (big issue with Blasphemous on the deck.)

E: It does not, in fact, have cross-compatibility with saves. Windows and Linux have separate saves. Steam Deck score updated to 6/10. Still a great game but it has a lot of warts you'll need to be willing to overlook.
    Last edited by Grinning Serpent; 2023-03-22 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post
    Inscryption 10/10 (8/10 on Steam Deck)

Haven't quite finished it, but I already know this'll be a 10 unless something unexpected happens. Card/deckbuilding game made by the Pony Island guy and maybe because I only played it on the deck, I kinda... forgot about that? So when the game inevitably had its "Pony Island moment" I was floored.

The card game is fairly simple but has enough nuance to be interesting, and it expands quite a lot after the Pony Island moment. Interesting game concept that apparently contained an ARG which has since been solved, so I'm sure there'll be interesting reading ahead of me once I finally finish it. They also added a free mini-expansion that turns the game into a bit of a roguelike, so that's even better value for cost.

-2 points on Steam Deck because you have to awkwardly use the pads/stick to emulate a mouse. It's functional but rather cumbersome. In many cases, a button you click on pops up when you're near something, and it seems strange that you can't just press A to automatically interact with it. Hardly a deal-breaker but annoying. I haven't yet checked for save cross-compatibility. I'm sure it's fully compatible but it'll be another -2 points if Linux and Windows saves aren't compatible (big issue with Blasphemous on the deck.)
    Inscryption is incredible!!!

Hogwarts Legacy: 8.5/10 - would be a 9/10 but the game could have stood another difficulty option. Overall though, a very solid, surprising, and endearing game that I will remember.

Destiny 2 Lightfall: (story 0/10, gameplay 10/10) - best gameplay any fps has had ever. Since they ended sunsetting the game is fun, and they have gotten so much better at risk/reward. The make destiny hard again mythos has really helped the sense of reward from winning difficult battles, and overall it is just the best the gameplay has ever been in any fps. However, the story sucks and the game is VERY expensive and out to get your money. The mechanics, especially the currency, is beyond convoluted, and very few things make sense in the actual game...but that gameplay though, is endlessly deep and thoroughly satisfying.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2023-03-22 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys sold me on Inscryption.

Probably my favorite card based videogame ever made. The atmosphere is creepy and just so fun. The game is full of surprises. It's incredible on many levels.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    It's an awesome game.

Also updating that review to a 6/10 - it does not have cross-save compatibility. Windows and Linux saves are separate. The game is still an absolute 10/10 but I would rate it a 6/10 on the Deck. Playable but not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Probably my favorite card based videogame ever made. The atmosphere is creepy and just so fun. The game is full of surprises. It's incredible on many levels.
    I think the story was disappointing, that it ended in an ARG. I don't know if they ever put it in the game but to leave the whole thing open ended and then go "Hey why don't you fly to Canada to dig up some shit in some wood" is stupid.
    I gave it a 6/10 back then.
    Last edited by Yriel; 2023-03-23 at 09:42 AM.