Thread: Last of Us [TV]

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    2nd game has been out for years now...so its not a spoiler..
    Because this is about the TV-Show and not everyone has played the games. If you want the talk about the games without the spoiler tags go to the game threads. It's the same with any adaptations. No matter if you played the game, read the books, the comic books, manga, etc. You always by courtesy at least put spoiler tags on things that have not happened yet in the show, when discussing the show.

If people who have not seen the show go to game/manga/comic books/whatever thread elsewhere and get spoiled about the show that is ongoing, then it becomes their fault. But here, no. The people that are in the know should be the ones just making a very small [ ] on their posts

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure nobody was shocked when Frodo didn't drop the ring in Mt.Doom

if they don't kill Joel, then its something entirely new territory, thus there is nothing that can be spoiled as it didn't happen
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2023-03-15 at 05:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    2nd game has been out for years now...so its not a spoiler..
    A mod has asked to label not yet adapted things as spoilers. And since it is confirmed that season 2 will be adapted and they stated the story will be relatively unchanged, the spoiler tags are justified.

It is the same rule they applied to Game of Thrones concerning A Song of Ice and Fire series.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2023-03-15 at 05:10 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's not an argument, many people haven't also read Lord of the Rings, doesn't mean we don't get to talk about it.

2nd unless the thread title says spoiler-free thread, we are allowed to talk about anything.

Spoilers were a thing when something was out recently, but when something has been out for YEARS, that is on YOU if you get "spoiled" for going into a thread about a subject..
    Mods have already commented on posting spoilers for the second game and how they should be blacked out.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because this is about the TV-Show and not everyone has played the games. If you want the talk about the games without the spoiler tags go to the game threads. It's the same with any adaptations. No matter if you played the game, read the books, the comic books, manga, etc. You always by courtesy at least put spoiler tags on things that have not happened yet in the show, when discussing the show.

If people who have not seen the show go to game/manga/comic books/whatever thread elsewhere and get spoiled about the show that is ongoing, then it becomes their fault. But here, no. The people that are in the know should be the ones just making a very small [ ] on their posts
    The rule applies when the adaption is fairly close to the original material. This is why comic spoilers aren't required in the MCU topic because while the movies are inspired by the comics, they are different enough that comic spoilers likely won't impact the movies.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    2nd unless the thread title says spoiler-free thread, we are allowed to talk about anything.
    You understand this sentence doesn't make sense, right?

The name of this thread specifically says 'TV', it definitely is spoilers then. Third page of this very thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oh, I guess we should stay spoiler free for any video game stuff in this thread unless or until it airs. Just like the old GoT threads, if it's in the books (in this case the video game) but not yet on the screen, it should be considered a spoiler and should use spoiler tags [ spoiler][ /spoiler]

5+ Year Old Account
    Then put it into 1st post, or it didn't happen! You can't expect people to dig through 44 page thread

7+ Year Old Account
    Then put it into 1st post, or it didn't happen! You can't expect people to dig through 44 page thread
    It's literally the 3rd page and repeated on the 5th page ... and I pretty sure it been said again.

Also, it is the same rules as GoT thread.

Also rule 9 on the rule post:

9. Spoilers If you have information from say a book (Or any other source) a movie or TV show is being adapted from you need to use spoiler tags. Same thing if you have found reliable leaks online. Do not ruin other's excitement when we have a system in place to deal with this. Otherwise spoiler tags are not required, regardless of how a topic is titled. You should be able to discuss the most recent events that have aired or been released without needing to use spoiler tags. If you want to discuss spoilers, use the tags.
    If you have questions, @eschatological does have discussions with posters here.

And I agree, it is kind of silly of a rule to have when things are that old and in general well known in the community of gamers. But, they asked, follow it. No one is saying you have to like it.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2023-03-15 at 05:36 PM.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, if they do change it, then they are admitting that the story in 2nd game sucked ass n the fans were right to be angry..

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not an argument
    It really is though. As explicitly stated by the mods when this came up earlier in the thread.

If you have concerns about this, reach out to the Mod team.

- - - Updated - - -

Even better than on the first page. It is explicitly stated here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rum-Guidelines

9. Spoilers If you have information from say a book (Or any other source) a movie or TV show is being adapted from you need to use spoiler tags. Same thing if you have found reliable leaks online. Do not ruin other's excitement when we have a system in place to deal with this. Otherwise spoiler tags are not required, regardless of how a topic is titled. You should be able to discuss the most recent events that have aired or been released without needing to use spoiler tags. If you want to discuss spoilers, use the tags.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Spoilers I guess... I don't think the show would hold up without Pedro Pascal carrying it for the most part.
    Would they use flashbacks in that situation?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Would they use flashbacks in that situation?
    The game did so I'm sure the show will as well.

The rule is actually the opposite: unless a thread is specifically marked "Spoilers," it is considered spoiler-free. This has been true for the 9 years I've been moderator of this subforum, at the very least.

if they don't kill Joel, then its something entirely new territory, thus there is nothing that can be spoiled as it didn't happen
    There is no if. They are already on the record saying they have no interest in adapting any story not shown in the games. Which means Seasons 2 and 3 are going to be as closely based on Part 2 as Season 1 was based on part 1. There will be pacing changes I'm sure because Part 2 is different in that regard but the story is not going to change. And there won't be a season 4 until there is a part 3 to draw source material from- again they only want to adapt from game source material not create some new story. If people are hoping for that they should forget this series exists ASAP instead of crying on twitter and reddit when their fan fiction doesn't materialize.

5+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't sound so good, seems they gonna milk it, oh well nobody liked 2nd game anyways..

This doesn't sound so good, seems they gonna milk it, oh well nobody liked 2nd game anyways..

What a completely disingenuous, wholly dogshit take.

1.) The showrunners had no idea that TLoU would be as big of a hit as it was so planning it for a single season made sense. I'd have loved a slower first season, too, but you can't blame them given how much they'd already risked on the show in the first place and the not-so-great history of video game adaptation up until TLoU.
    2.) The second game has almost twice the content as the first game so it makes sense that it'd be "milked." There's more to work with.
    3.) Dipshit in your video obviously just doesn't like TLoU2 and wants to pretend like they're doing it in spite of "real fans" (ie, dumbasses who are terminally online). The reality is that they know they've captured lightning in a bottle and they want to make the most of it.

Also, isn't this the same mongoloid that gave Adam Driver's impossibly terrible dinosaur movie a positive rating?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    1.) The showrunners had no idea that TLoU would be as big of a hit as it was so planning it for a single season made sense. I'd have loved a slower first season, too, but you can't blame them given how much they'd already risked on the show in the first place and the not-so-great history of video game adaptation up until TLoU.
    It is more that they didn't know they would get a second season, so it makes sense to do the full story for it.

2.) The second game has almost twice the content as the first game so it makes sense that it'd be "milked." There's more to work with.
    I don't actually agree with this. The 2nd game story, while longer than Part 1, is awfully repetitive. They would have to add content to get one season so we are going to get a lot more content otherwise they'll feel like they are just repeating the same episode over and over. However, there was a lot of other things they could flesh out like the Seraphites or the history of the WLF. So, yeah, they are "milking" part 2 because to get two seasons out of it they have to add to the story of the game.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is more that they didn't know they would get a second season, so it makes sense to do the full story for it.

I don't actually agree with this. The 2nd game story, while longer than Part 1, is awfully repetitive. They would have to add content to get one season so we are going to get a lot more content otherwise they'll feel like they are just repeating the same episode over and over. However, there was a lot of other things they could flesh out like the Seraphites or the history of the WLF. So, yeah, they are "milking" part 2 because to get two seasons out of it they have to add to the story of the game.
    Trimming the fat (IE the gameplay content of Allie and Abby slaughtering hundreds of people for being in their way) and fleshing out the factions that otherwise feel like they exist to excuse there being people to slaughter is what Part 2's story needs, alongside making drastic changes to the pacing and use of flashbacks so that the story doesn't come to a screeching halt half a dozen times to explain how the protagonists feel. There's ample material to make two seasons and to improve on Part 2's flaws if they do it well.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those of us who really are curious about the medical scenes and 'realism' in TLOU!

(Again, not slamming the show. I don't expect realistic medical treatments in *any* tv show or movie.)

And apparently no matter how I try to link it, I can't get the video to display like other people can. So since you can't see it - this is a 17 minute breakdown by Dr. Mike (A real general physician who has a youtube channel) of the medical scenes in TLOU.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FIVxfSkJ...SIkaIECMiOmarE
    Last edited by Koriani; 2023-03-22 at 08:07 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    For those of us who really are curious about the medical scenes and 'realism' in TLOU!

(Again, not slamming the show. I don't expect realistic medical treatments in *any* tv show or movie.)

And apparently no matter how I try to link it, I can't get the video to display like other people can. So since you can't see it - this is a 17 minute breakdown by Dr. Mike (A real general physician who has a youtube channel) of the medical scenes in TLOU.

It is rather interesting. And I agree that realism is lacking, but the show does a good job of not breaking the suspension of disbelief in a lot of cases.

And I can see someone with more understanding/knowledge on the subjects potentially having the issue.

I remember playing the first game where they expressly called it a vaccine having the same reaction to the ending. The "Wait, why are they killing Ellie? That doesn't make sense."

As for the video issue, are you entering it via tags or clicking the Insert Video button?
    –The Sith Code