Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they state somewhere Shadowlands was too convoluted with currencies etc and didn't want to make the same mistake with Dragonflight?

How the turntables.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    As per usual, probably the vocal minority. If you were casual joe, just doing LFR and maybe dip into some N/HC raiding from time to time, it really didnt matter. Thing is, casual joe dont care about going on the forums either. He just plays the game, gets hyped when cool loot drops and carry on.

I never really cared either way with TF. I can see both sides and personally I wouldnt be bothered if it still were in the game.

But I remember the days when TF was active in the game. Many did complain about it and as such, Blizzard removed it. In essence it "forced" players to grind all raid difficulties for a chance of TF. One could argue "blame the playerbase then", but I think thats a bit too simple.
    Probably the same people that insisted that you absolutely have to do all the AP grinding you can, even though the actual difference in performance would be miniscule to non-existant. Anything beyond +15 iLvl was once per expansion or less, dedicated farming to get them would be a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Didn't they state somewhere Shadowlands was too convoluted with currencies etc and didn't want to make the same mistake with Dragonflight?

How the turntables.
    Yes and yes lol. It feels like they are backpedaling right now.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Probably the same people that insisted that you absolutely have to do all the AP grinding you can, even though the actual difference in performance would be miniscule to non-existant. Anything beyond +15 iLvl was once per expansion or less, dedicated farming to get them would be a waste of time.
    Sure. But it wasnt more complicated than: Do I get stronger if I farm AP more? Answer: Yes. By that point, it didnt matter. It created a never-ending cycle of grinding the same content over and over. What really was the the truth or even how miniscule the progress was, didnt really matter..

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Any upgrade system needs to gate upgrade levels behind the appropriate difficulty level. How would you gate that appropriately in your system?
    Not it doesn't "need" to gate anything behind difficulty level. The way I have it set up, you could eventually get heroic or even mythic raid level gear. It'd just take you 3/4 of a season to maybe get 2 mythic raid level pieces if you're doing nothing but LFR and world content and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Not it doesn't "need" to gate anything behind difficulty level. The way I have it set up, you could eventually get heroic or even mythic raid level gear. It'd just take you 3/4 of a season to maybe get 2 mythic raid level pieces if you're doing nothing but LFR and world content and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Unless they heavily time gated the currency (something people already bitch about constantly), the meta would become for Mythic raiders to do all the content that is intended to be stretched out over months in a very short period of time -- the exact degenerate behavior this system seeks to circumvent.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Sure. But it wasnt more complicated than: Do I get stronger if I farm AP more? Answer: Yes. By that point, it didnt matter. It created a never-ending cycle of grinding the same content over and over. What really was the the truth or even how miniscule the progress was, didnt really matter..
    That was basically the issue: It was more complicated than that but most people didn't grasp it. Sure, in theory you could get stronger by grinding more AP, but in practice the gains were so miniscule and the effort so great that it plain wasn't worth it and going for it actually showed that you lacked the skills needed to really be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post

How the turntables.
    They just can't help themselves. They can't design a simple system, it has to be a fucking mess for a few months first until they realize that the average player has no idea what the hell to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    They just can't help themselves. They can't design a simple system, it has to be a fucking mess for a few months first until they realize that the average player has no idea what the hell to do.
    The moment you need a 10 000 word guide on Wowhead to tell you how something works, it should be clear the system failed and it's back to the drawing board you go.

In school they taught us: if you can't explain something in 1 sentence to someone who has no idea what the subject is, you failed.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Unless they heavily time gated the currency (something people already bitch about constantly), the meta would become for Mythic raiders to do all the content that is intended to be stretched out over months in a very short period of time -- the exact degenerate behavior this system seeks to circumvent.
    I think adding a weekly cap to these kinds of systems is not a problem. Imo add three tiers of goal; you reach the first one easily and it gives you 80% of the reward. You reach the second with more play and it gives you 95%. You reach the third one with some effort for the full effect. Then allow caps to roll forward so there is no FOMO and every now and then add some big catch up. They tried to approximate that by making a far more complex system and all we were left were items that gave you 1 billion artifact power so the scale could work properly.

I just got to say that I haven't played since Legion, and not "seriously" since MoP. I recently picked up wow again, hoping to just enjoy casual gameplay, but I really have absolutely no clue how anything works. There are little to no indications within the game how all the currencies and crafting systems really work, and I don't think it's great game design that you have to look up third party guides online just to play the game. Honestly it is just way too overwhelming for someone who didn't follow the transition.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Quote Originally Posted by WoWenjoyer View Post
    It is wild to me that people still have not figured out that the new system is basically just deterministic titanforging.

Blizzard knows titanforging works and is a good system (although hated by a vocal part of the community).

Titanforging fixes many issues

1) Fixes heroic raiding gear being useless
    2) Helps making casual gear from stuff like WQs useful, or at least not entire pointless
    3) Smart way to let players outgear content eventually (although some sad elitist streamers who don´t play the game anymore will claim that this is a made up lie by Blizzard)

Would just bringing back Titanforging be better? Yes, of course, for the vast majority of the playerbase it would. There is no confusion, no system you have to learn. You can not even make mistakes by spending your tokens poorly. You literally just play the game and get loot.

Sadly, the top 1 % and the vocal RnG ´haters´have complained so much about titanforging that Blizzard can never bring it back because it would seem like they do not listen to the community. So we have to make due with this abomination of deterministic token titanforging system.

The Rng ´haters´ are of course the most silly people in WoW, because they do not understand that Blizzard games like WC3, D2 and WoW have always built their entire success on RnG, but here we are, with a needlessly complicated system to please a bunch of people who think they are too good for RnG even they spend so much of their free time playing a computer GAME.

I at least get why the top 1 % hate titanforging. They want to ´´finish´´ their characters, and only people who are in the top 1 % ever clear Mythic raiding to finish their characters. Of course not having titanforging just so the top 1 % players can feel done every season is insanity, but these people will concern troll and make up a bunch of reasons why titanforging and RnG is akhtually terrible for casuals (the top 1 % rly care about casuals, trust me).
    IF Blizzard had simply used their brains, all they would have had to do to keep titanforging is keep it out of all raids and mythic+. Then the special snowflkes would have nothing to whine about. They finish their toons and titanforging stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    I just got to say that I haven't played since Legion, and not "seriously" since MoP. I recently picked up wow again, hoping to just enjoy casual gameplay, but I really have absolutely no clue how anything works. There are little to no indications within the game how all the currencies and crafting systems really work, and I don't think it's great game design that you have to look up third party guides online just to play the game. Honestly it is just way too overwhelming for someone who didn't follow the transition.
    So you just skipped all of the quests meant to teach you?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    There was like 4 currencies in WotLK? Gold, Emblems, Championship Seals and Stone Keeper Shards, and I guess Venture Coins? If you want to count Venture Coins? and there are like 10(?) in Dragonflight. I am not sure if WoD had more but since Cata the amount of tokens introduced in game have been absurd.

Now its like so micro managed. It makes me dizzy just thinking about it

Currencies are fine, and 4 - 5 of them over the course of an expansion is fine.
    Agreed - and yeah...even in WotLk, we had patch based currencies, Emblems of Herois, Triumph, Conquest, Valor....

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    I think almost every currency introduced in Dragonflight had a quest explaining what it was for. Maybe try and do the quests? Or next time read them?

1+ Year Old Account
    Community: "Blizzard, what's with this huge currency tab?! STOP IT!"

Blizzard: "Ok, ok, no more inflated currency tab, all the currencies will just be inventory items."

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Community: "Blizzard, what's with this huge currency tab?! STOP IT!"
    I don't ever recall that particular complaint.

I don't think it is that bad hoenstly.

You get gear. And an NPC tells you what you need.
    Once upgraded pieces on the same slot only need the base currency to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I wouldn't mind the endless currencies, if they just added them to the currency tab...

The only advantage of me having more bag space is i have to mount to sell greys less often..
    Somehow elvui doesn't vendor many grey items now
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Somehow elvui doesn't vendor many grey items now
    Because they are transmog items now