Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Echo comms are quite funny

"If we kill it in the next 30 minutes everyone knows who the better guild is"
    And then Canexx immediately dies on pull xD
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean the bosses were fairly tightly tuned. In particular bosses 6, 7 & 9 were basically done in the final seconds before enrage. If you need perfect pulls to down a boss then how much more tightly can it be tuned? Sure, first ones were easy but they’re usually easy
    My thoughts have always been that you should need early Mythic gear to clear Mythic end bosses, the fact that most of their gear came from Heroic splits says that the bosses are tuned for Heroic gear.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    My thoughts have always been that you should need early Mythic gear to clear Mythic end bosses, the fact that most of their gear came from Heroic splits says that the bosses are tuned for Heroic gear.
    Echo even done lfr splits lmao. I guess even lfr splits wasn't enough for them
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    no bis gear comes from savage, but you can access it with crafting gear. ultimates reward only cosmetics.
    Then I guess you cannot compare Ultimate with Mythic. Mythic drops top gear, content that is supposed to be farmed, while Ultimate is just a challenge for cosmetics.

You would have to compare the difficulty in FF14 where you farm your gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Echo even done lfr splits lmao. I guess even lfr splits wasn't enough for them
    When trinkets don't drop, you resort to desperate measures I guess?

Well grats Liquid I guess

Unpopular opinion, I don’t think mythic tiers should be able to be cleared in one week

It shouldn’t be this easy to cheese gear

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    We're really going to get the "nightmare" scenario aren't we.
    There isn't a nightmare scenario. Like every deferred race on any sport/competition, you win by clearing the run faster than everyone else, not by finishing first. The fact that is still the case in wow is mind blowing and proves how stupid the community is. Deep down, somewhere in your brain, you know.
    Last edited by CoconutPistache; 2023-05-15 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoconutPistache View Post
    There isn't a nightmare scenario. Like every differed race on any sport/competition, you win by clearing the run faster than everyone else, not by finishing first. The fact that is still the case in wow is mind blowing and proves how stupid the community is. Deep down, somewhere in your brain, you know.
    I'm not invested in the RWF at all. But as an outsider, I can see that there's a built in advantage for NA guilds. Given that this is the way it has always been and likely always will be, I don't see the point in complaining, but not acknowledging it is equally silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    Well grats Liquid I guess

Unpopular opinion, I don’t think mythic tiers should be able to be cleared in one week

It shouldn’t be this easy to cheese gear
    So far, 20 people have cleared it, but go there and clear it in a week if you think it's easy.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit surprised where the 14 hours went to, both guilds have similar pulls on all bosses and time spent, did Echo just raid a few hours more every day or what, or is Liquid insanely slow at pulling or doing splits. I do know Echo woke up at 4 AM or something on reset day and probably closed some gaps there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I'm not invested in the RWF at all. But as an outsider, I can see that there's a built in advantage for NA guilds. Given that this is the way it has always been and likely always will be, I don't see the point in complaining, but not acknowledging it is equally silly.
    It's like having 100m sprint between two mostly equal runners but then saying one runner has to start an extra 100m back. It seems it comes down to two groups of people posting. The one who are fans of the person starting at 100m mark, who would basically say how fair it is even if they start 1m before the finish line because their view on sport is "Fuck fairness, if my guy wins that's all that matters." and others going "Wait hang on here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    I'm a bit surprised where the 14 hours went to, both guilds have similar pulls on all bosses and time spent, did Echo just raid a few hours more every day or what, or is Liquid insanely slow at pulling or doing splits. I do know Echo woke up at 4 AM or something on reset day and probably closed some gaps there.
    When Liquid got to Sark they went to bed and let Echo go first and get the early phase data.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    So far, 20 people have cleared it, but go there and clear it in a week if you think it's easy.

Here’s the thing… when people can spend 12 hours a day cheesing gear

It makes it so that only 80 or 100 people can possibly compete for RFW

I don’t like that

Perhaps you do

No biggie

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Then I guess you cannot compare Ultimate with Mythic. Mythic drops top gear, content that is supposed to be farmed, while Ultimate is just a challenge for cosmetics.

You would have to compare the difficulty in FF14 where you farm your gear.
    Pretty sure the same thing is true for savage. Gear farm isn't a thing in ff14. Doesn't mean you can't compare the raids. Even if they are pretty different to wow raids in general.

edit: Bis comes from crafting, so in all new raids, you essentially have bis before you start raiding
    Last edited by SeIex; 2023-05-15 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    Here’s the thing… when people can spend 12 hours a day cheesing gear
    It makes it so that only 80 or 100 people can possibly compete for RFW
    I don’t like that
    Perhaps you do
    No biggie
    So what's the alternative? Somehow prevent them form cheesing gear and make the race last a month...?
    It's a fun little event. Noone else will be cheesing gear 12 hours a day and noone else will clear it in a week, so how does that affect players like you or me?

"It's an undertuned raid"
    Yeah for a second tier I agree it's a little undertuned from base difficulties but the mythic bosses are fine

It sucks thinking "this boss isn't possible without two weeks of gear when we already got here" I also like the new upgrade system which definitely helps everyone not just the top guys

Liquid played clean in that last pull and they got a well earned kill.

"It's only because X" doesn't matter
    You can scream that to the cosmos until the 20th guild kills it but it won't change anything

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    So what's the alternative? Somehow prevent them form cheesing gear and make the race last a month...?
    It's a fun little event. Noone else will be cheesing gear 12 hours a day and noone else will clear it in a week, so how does that affect players like you or me?
    One alternative is shared raid lockouts. Don't let someone go into Mythic if they've already gone into Heroic that week.

I'm not advocating this, as it would be a bad thing for the game as a whole, but it's there as an alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    "It's an undertuned raid"
    Yeah for a second tier I agree it's a little undertuned from base difficulties but the mythic bosses are fine

It sucks thinking "this boss isn't possible without two weeks of gear when we already got here" I also like the new upgrade system which definitely helps everyone not just the top guys

Liquid played clean in that last pull and they got a well earned kill.

"It's only because X" doesn't matter
    You can scream that to the cosmos until the 20th guild kills it but it won't change anything
    There is a middle ground between a raid that takes 3 weeks and a raid that takes 3 days though.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    How many more hours does Echo typically raid? I'm wondering if they would stay up later or just go to bed if they don't kill it by then. Since race is over seems like it might not be a bad idea to sleep and refresh.
    They usually stop in around 10 minutes. But I think they continue today a while longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pull count is officially lower no matter what for Liquid now.