Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    The lack of a Meta achievement has ruined the enjoyment out of it for me a bit. I really enjoyed completing Nazjatar for example to get the crab. So far there’s enough to do but it’s all a bit disjointed and doesn’t all tie together.
    lol .. you enjoyed waiting around like a tool waiting for a "rare" to spawn once in a full moon? cool story ... A+ gameplay right there.

It's okay, but I personally have to say that I simply don't care about the story anymore and that was something that motivated me in the past. The absolutely-totally-naturally-quirky mole people really aren't helping much either tbh. But it's not as insulting as SL, so I guess WoW is still okay as an overpriced chatroom to m+log.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Nah, I'm terribly bored by DF.

Took a break after a few weeks of release, came back last week to see the new raid and I'm basically bored again

As others have brought it up, I found Legion much more interesting, the class halls and quests meant I had a reason to play different alts and the story was interesting, at least by WoWs standards.

DF has Dragon flying which is kinda neat but ultimately not a game changer. It just feels soulless.

The actual gameplay hasn't fundamentally changed for a very long time - I don't think there's a great difference in how my Warlock *felt* in Legion versus now, but the surrounding stuff - the story, the systems, the characters etc - was just more interesting. And yes, even at launch.

This is just a terribly milquetoast and bland expansion. If it was a food stuff it should be unseasoned and unflavoured tofu.

I'll probably unsub again once my month is up.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    I don't get these diary posts with a load of follow up comments about how you're bored, only x expansion was good, etc.
    What discussion are you hoping to have? Some people are bored of the game/expansion/patch, some people are not.

Always seems to be the same people every expansion or patch cycle with these diary posts, and none of them do any of the challenging content that's available besides LFR and low keys. Find another game if you're this unhappy.
    It’s just a “the game is dying/dead” thread made to get around the mods closing it. No one making these threads is looking for discussion.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I can give Blizzard credit for taking away all the grinds and systems from the last 3 expansions and focus more on making new evergreen content, and so far the pacing has been really good where the next 0.5 patch already looks rather big. But I do find the problem of not being engaged much with the new content, it feels like its gotten monotone with just the same content most of the time and hardly any new features. We have gotten 2 new zones already yet we have basically done the same thing: farm rares, do a quest chain, gather all the collectibles etc. Its just not been an exciting experience for me. It is why I'm playing a lot less than I used to and play more other games. I've seen that most other big WoW streamers like Asmongold hardly play the game at all and would rather play hardcore Classic which is also where I spend most of my time in.

1+ Year Old Account
    Well that's how WoW is...just OK. Only reason it's still the most popular MMO is because the competition is less than OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    Nah, I'm terribly bored by DF.

Took a break after a few weeks of release, came back last week to see the new raid and I'm basically bored again

As others have brought it up, I found Legion much more interesting, the class halls and quests meant I had a reason to play different alts and the story was interesting, at least by WoWs standards.

DF has Dragon flying which is kinda neat but ultimately not a game changer. It just feels soulless.

The actual gameplay hasn't fundamentally changed for a very long time - I don't think there's a great difference in how my Warlock *felt* in Legion versus now, but the surrounding stuff - the story, the systems, the characters etc - was just more interesting. And yes, even at launch.

This is just a terribly milquetoast and bland expansion. If it was a food stuff it should be unseasoned and unflavoured tofu.

I'll probably unsub again once my month is up.

Yes WoW does feel "soulless" lately. Just something missing, the special sauce isn't there anymore, it feels generic.

Whenever I felt like the current endgame content sucks I went back to do leveling of alts, enjoying older zones (by leveling there) and doing WQs and stuff (BfA, barely Shadowlands). Now in DF I have 40+ alts I leveled before DF release. The current story and atmosphere/theme doesnt give me anything tbh. I loved BfA zones and feeling, in DF I have 0 of that. While Azure Span is magnificent, the whole expansion just doesnt feel right.

When 10.1 dropped I asked myself, why do I play this again? I couldnt come up with a good reason. The story sucks, the atmosphere of Warcraft is gone, my friends are literally all gone. I always did stuff like transmog farming too but only because I thought that "the next expansion will be great again". But now after SL and DF and all the crap going on at Blizzard I dont feel like investing any more second in this game if it isnt directly fun to me. And quite frankly nothing is. Its all just M+/Raid. Boring crap I did for years. Give me class halls, class fantasy. There is none so I gave up, game is dead to me more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Find another game if you're this unhappy.
    So many have left that Blizz resorted to cross realm 5mans and raids or else the primary game systems would have broken down. Thats just a bandaid. wont be long now.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I can give Blizzard credit for taking away all the grinds and systems from the last 3 expansions and focus more on making new evergreen content, and so far the pacing has been really good where the next 0.5 patch already looks rather big. But I do find the problem of not being engaged much with the new content, it feels like its gotten monotone with just the same content most of the time and hardly any new features. We have gotten 2 new zones already yet we have basically done the same thing: farm rares, do a quest chain, gather all the collectibles etc. Its just not been an exciting experience for me. It is why I'm playing a lot less than I used to and play more other games. I've seen that most other big WoW streamers like Asmongold hardly play the game at all and would rather play hardcore Classic which is also where I spend most of my time in.
    The new zone has tons of really interesting events going on that you have to work to spawn and complete. It's more than "fly to WQ, finish WQ".

The new raid has some really, really interesting mechanics. It's absolutely amazing.

For me, at least, this expansion feels extremely fresh while not being overwhelming with how much stuff I HAVE to do to stay competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Yes WoW does feel "soulless" lately. Just something missing, the special sauce isn't there anymore, it feels generic.
    If you've been playing any game for a long period of time, there's a good risk of it feeling that way. I started playing Super Mario on my switch, it was hella fun, at first, but it very quickly became monotonous and the nostalgia wore off. It's fine, not amazing, not bad, just fine. Not to say it wasn't amazing compared to its competition at the time, but the shine wears off quickly when there's other stuff to do.

Any game is going to be that way, eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    So many have left that Blizz resorted to cross realm 5mans and raids or else the primary game systems would have broken down. Thats just a bandaid. wont be long now.
    How long, exactly, have you been predicting this? They resorted to cross realm raids what, 3 or 4 expansions ago? Won't be long, I guess, just at least 3 more expansions...

DF is just boring. same with a lot of modern MMOs right now like FF14 too. devs seem to not want people to spend time in their games yet still charge a subscription. ive had more fun leveling in classic hc than DF.

well this is the game without all those pesky sistems from legion to SL.no borrowed power to grind, no more covenants or class halls, no more callings, less world quests and even those are meaningless and the ridiculous disney vibe the game has now. nobody is left behind anymore, as if most players were hardcore players to begin with ), you can grind mythic + to your hearts content on 4 new dungeons cuz a billion dollar company isnt capable of creating more or you know just raid the lfr (lets be honest here the vast majority of players arent doing hard mode raiding, well maybe normal) or pvp with the same old bgs. classes need constant tuning, bugs all over the place, new content seems to be untested properly before release but somehow the game is ''in the best state in years''? or is anyone saying this just because SL was pretty bad?

Ps. the story is the weakest and most boring i've seen in any wow expansion
    Last edited by Melius; 2023-05-18 at 07:04 PM.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    the story is the weakest and most boring i've seen in any wow expansion
    Well, I do have to concede that the story of DF at least isn't actively offensive, unlike BfA or SL. But is bland enough to not make me want to play despite the several gameplay improvements.

I'm constantly amazed that people make declarative statements about the story or design being bad, or the game being boring, or whatever the case may be, as if that were incontrovertible fact. The idea that your opinion and that someone might like something you don't like seems to never have crossed some of y'all's minds.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I'm constantly amazed that people make declarative statements about the story or design being bad, or the game being boring, or whatever the case may be, as if that were incontrovertible fact. The idea that your opinion and that someone might like something you don't like seems to never have crossed some of y'all's minds.
    I'm constantly amazed at the folks who cannot understand that everything you post on an Internet forum is an opinion, especially if you are discussing subjective things. Do you really need everyone to append "imo" to every single declarative statement that doesn't carry a link to the news?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I'm constantly amazed at the folks who cannot understand that everything you post on an Internet forum is an opinion, especially if you are discussing subjective things. Do you really need everyone to append "imo" to every single declarative statement that doesn't carry a link to the news?
    Hmmm. That's actually an interesting point. When I see post like yours "is bland enough to not make me...", I interpret that as opinion. When I see posts like the one above yours, "The story is the weakest and most boring I've seen in a long time," I interpret it as a declaration that the story is objectively bad. But I'm reading both through my lens.

I tend to add IMO to most of my statements of opinion to make it clear that I'm not saying my opinion is the right or only opinion because it seems like so many posters do think their opinion is in fact the only right opinion.

I've been involved in multiple threads where I've said I've enjoyed myself and the game is more fun for me than it has been in a long time where I've been told I was either addicted to the game, lying, or had a mental illness, so I tend to paint most posters who put their opinions in strong terms in that light.

I appreciate the feedback and will keep it in mind!
    Last edited by Thirtyrock; 2023-05-18 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    lol .. you enjoyed waiting around like a tool waiting for a "rare" to spawn once in a full moon? cool story ... A+ gameplay right there.
    Not all Meta achievements need “standing around waiting for a rare like a tool” Which was one of the less fun things in the meta.

A meta achievement is a collection of achievements related to the zone. There is already tons of achievements in Zaralek, you just need a meta to give a reward for doing all of them.

So many dopey clowns on this forum who don’t understand something and make a fool of themselves commenting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    DF is the same as the rest. Ever since they killed social, every expac is 3/10. Been that way since wrath.
    Did Blizzard kill social aspect of the game or did people? I don't even know how blizzard could force people to be more social? kill all lfg systems from the game and force them to use LFG channel?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a "Diablo 4 is coming out in 2 weeks, finish this shit quick quick and go grind some demon boobas" patch.

Memes aside, yeah - no shit, a what, 2 hour campaign, if that, and a trivial raid.

As a mythic raider I still have good 6 bosses left to do, which I imagine will take a month and a change for us, but that's about it. HC was cleared day one and I'm already decked out in 4 set and all. IMO they really undertuned this raid and overtuned gear acquisition.

It does feel like they botched this patch a tad - the area and raid are good looking, but the quest experience and many raid encounters are subpar, IMO. Why the heck most of raid bosses are just single target target dummies, I'll never know.

The mole people just don't do it for me, and the story is fifty shades of Sabellian and Wrathion being stupid so Emberthal and Ebonhorn can look smart next to them. The cave itself looks good but the activities aren't in general, same ol world quests and rare farming. I do like the digs tho, that's a neat activity.

The M+season is better than the last barring some usual overtuned bosses, and the raid's pretty good tho. So globally it's a fine patch, but I'm almost more excited for 10.1.5 with the megadungeon and dragonflying in all the places and not having to do stuff on my Alliance toons to unlock ARs.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.