Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    that kinda is what people asked for...
    It's exactly what I wanted to happen!!! I got what I asked for and I'm very happy about it. It sucks that some players feel left out by that decision, I truly wish there was a way to completely satisfy both, but mutually exclusive requests are mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    It's exactly what I wanted to happen!!! I got what I asked for and I'm very happy about it. It sucks that some players feel left out by that decision, I truly wish there was a way to completely satisfy both, but mutually exclusive requests are mutually exclusive.
    thing is even though id prefer the "power" rewards behind everything like with artifact, i think this what we have is better, as people who dont want to do content dont have to, and people who want to do it can, if their only motivation is power rewards that sucks for them, but tbh they had to mostly do raids/m+/pvp anyway before, which they still can...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    But then it was around 100k anima grind at 500/day rate, that wasn't worth doing.
    anything about 1k anima weekly was COMPLETELY optional...
    and even at begining you could do that easily daily, later you could get 1k in an hour like nothing...

i always find it funny how people who complain about social aspect being destroyed are usually annoying at best, or outright psychopathic at worst, i wonder why nobody would want to be social with them...
    I genuinely don't understand this complaint. Why is joining a guild not the solution to that problem? There are tons and tons of social guilds out there.

I tried several times to play the pug life and, as someone who plays based on how much I enjoy raiding in a given expansion, I hated perma-pugging. I want to be in a steady, solid guild.

It took me a long time to find one because my requirements are pretty specific. I can only give 1-2 nights max over to raiding. I need to start at 8pm or after (my time). I can't also be required to run M+, though I often do, because I can't promise more than my raid nights on a consistent basis (this was MUCH worse of a problem with the AP grinds, because there's no way I can log on every single day and keep up with the grind).

I finally found my glass slipper and couldn't be happier. We joke around in discord, we consistently ask for and offer M+ groups, we like each other! While finding MY exact guild took some time, if you don't have my strict requirements then WoW can be as social as you want it to be.

I genuinely don't understand this complaint. Why is joining a guild not the solution to that problem? There are tons and tons of social guilds out there.
    honestly with a lot of those people i think issue is they wont be in guild for long as nobody wants to deal with them... cant really blame people for that
    i once seen a post on ofi forum about guy being unable to find guild and how bliz destroyed the social aspect, and i accidentally knew him from my alts guild, and he was EXTREMELY whiny and annoying, bothering people, so he was kicked out, now why would someone like that have problems finding guild or people to be social with, right?
    Last edited by Lolites; 2023-05-19 at 12:02 PM.

thing is even though id prefer the "power" rewards behind everything like with artifact, i think this what we have is better, as people who dont want to do content dont have to, and people who want to do it can, if their only motivation is power rewards that sucks for them, but tbh they had to mostly do raids/m+/pvp anyway before, which they still can...
    I can completely respect and empathize with that preference. I think my problem is when people tell me that me having a preference is selfish. When the game (and community) left me feeling that I had to log in every day, to go above and beyond what I was able to do with my schedule, I just quit. I didn't ask for the system to be removed. When they removed it, I came back and said I thought it was better FOR ME.

honestly with a lot of those people i think issue is they wont be in guild for long as nobody wants to deal with them... cant really blame people for that
    Yeah, I do see that as well. Back when players HAD to spam chat to find groups, you had to take what you can get, as opposed to looking at the entire cross realm population to find pugs. The community "mattering more" really just meant that building and maintaining a roster was the ONLY way to raid, which meant you had to put up with unpleasant individuals.

When the game (and community) left me feeling that I had to log in every day
    tbh this was completely community created problem, artifact power was not needed to grind daily, you could do little and barely be behind, it did not matter unless you were top player, but people were OBSESSED with it...

that kinda is what people asked for...
    Yes and no. Removing the external power systems was nice. We will have to see if it was a good decision in the long run. There is a reason after all that these systems were implemented in the first place.

I think one of my biggest issues with DF is that it lacks any sort of rewarding grind at all. Professions are obnoxiously grindy, yet there's nothing cool or really unique locked behind them. Renown feels pointless and the rewards are entirely uninteresting. It basically like they brought the stick but forgot to attach the carrot. Of course that could all change in a future patch, but I can understand why some people aren't super motivated to play atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    My daughter and I both play WoW together, I started at launch way back, she started at the tail end of Legion. We both have the same opinion of Dragonflight and 10.1

- Dragonflight in general is a fun and good expansion, especially after Shittylands, which we thought really sucked.
    - DF is cool, and kind of a fresh new beginning sort of for WoW, but feels a bit generic or bland in some ways
    - My daughter and I both LOVED Legion, there seemed to be so much to do in that expansion besides the typical Raid or die stuff, Legion was a grade A+
    - BfA in hindsight wasn't so terrible, we actually liked it, would give it a grade of B- / C+
    - Shadowlands gets a grade of D- from us
    - Dragonflight so far we give a grade of C

But were not sure what it is, but 10.1 seems just ok to us, it's not pulling us in, we're not hooked to it, or feel a strong desire to play it all the time. We were typically playing WoW 5 or 6 nights a week, now it's down to 1 or 2 nights a week, because we're just not digging the game currently, feels a bit generic, repetitive, and kind of boring. The new 10.1 zone area all being underground is ok, but I much prefer skies and out in the open.

Is anyone else not feeling the game lately?
    Just curious what you feel there was to do in Legion that doesn't exist in Dragonflight.

tbh this was completely community created problem, artifact power was not needed to grind daily, you could do little and barely be behind, it did not matter unless you were top player, but people were OBSESSED with it...
    100000% but it was also really predictable and removing the system fixed the community problem. Of course, if I'd found my current group in Legion, I doubt I'd've had this issue in the first place, alas...

anything about 1k anima weekly was COMPLETELY optional...
    and even at begining you could do that easily daily, later you could get 1k in an hour like nothing...
    But without that "optional" there wasn't anything to do in this game. Because, you know, Covenants were major xpack's feature. "Just don't do them" meant what? "Do M+/raids"? Yeah? Again, again and again. This game still lacks casual content/reward structure. Some casual "system", that would guarantee some casual character progression route, so I would be sure, that if I would buy xpack - I would have things to do in it and not rely on luck.

With Covenants Blizzard tried to provide some sort of casual-hardcore content. What that means? It's xpack-wide content, similar to M+, but "casual". It didn't work, because casual content doesn't work this way. It was lazy solution. Because xpack-wide content implies "We don't want to invest more money into development of new content". Plus it was one big long-term FOMO. May be short-term FOMO can be bearable to some degree, but long-term one is especially bad.

Problem was - they didn't even admit those problems and didn't even fix anything, even when it became obvious, that their game design would never work this way.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Just curious what you feel there was to do in Legion that doesn't exist in Dragonflight.
    -Class Halls
    -Class Mounts
    -Artifact weapon appearances
    -Mage Tower with unique transmog
    -Main city being new Dalaran ( love that city, it's small and fast to get around )
    -M+ was brand new back then and exciting
    -World Quests were new then, and fast to do, plus PvP WQ's dropped Marks of Honor
    -Demon Hunters were introduced, I like that class
    -The whole theme and style of Legion was fun
    -Raids were great, especially Nighthold and Tomb

Just a few things off the top of my head.

But without that "optional" there wasn't anything to do in this game.
    ofc there was... you could do the things even when you didnt intend to farm anima...
    treasures, rares, world quests, reputations, all doable without any grind whatsoever... hell except for transmogs even covenant features didnt require some hard anima grind, first level of buildings costed 1k to build (table less and "specialty" a bit more), you could get that by wq like nothing... and it was even easier in later patches...

sorry but your inability to use game features properly doesnt mean they are bad, its just mean YOU are bad

as for buildings, you could get anima by using them properly, if you didnt want to then why farm anima? to unlock more of the things you dont want to do?!

FOMO
    you keep using that "word", I do not think it means what you think it means...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2023-05-19 at 01:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    The lack of a Meta achievement has ruined the enjoyment out of it for me a bit. I really enjoyed completing Nazjatar for example to get the crab. So far there’s enough to do but it’s all a bit disjointed and doesn’t all tie together.
    I love my crab but fuck that meta achie with a rusty spoon.
    The RNG connect 3 daily just refused to give me the one I needed for FOUR YEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    -Class Mounts
    -Artifact weapon appearances
    -Main city being new Dalaran ( love that city, it's small and fast to get around )
    -M+ was brand new back then and exciting
    -World Quests were new then, and fast to do, plus PvP WQ's dropped Marks of Honor
    -Demon Hunters were introduced, I like that class
    -The whole theme and style of Legion was fun
    -Raids were great, especially Nighthold and Tomb
    those things that are not completely subjective are true about DF too...
    ill give you class halls and mage tower
    but class hall itself is just place, nice one but still just place, class campaigns were nice but we do have campaign on lvl cap, tied to reps this time...
    and unless you care about challenge, which many people dont, MT is not much either...

like i loved legion but pretedning it was better bcs there was dalaran is outright moronic... objectively it makes it WORSE, as it was reused city while valdraken is new...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2023-05-19 at 01:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I think my biggest problem with WoW rn is that nothing seems grounded anymore. It's suffering from marvel movie syndrome where every patch takes us to some new unexplored land that introduces new species, enemies, and characters that will only matter for 4-6 months and then are forgotten. The past two expansions have had virtually no characters from previous expansions beyond a few key ones that we see throughout the entire expansion. The dragonscale expedition consists of almost entirely new characters, which imo is a missed opportunity to see how more prominent members of the alliance and horde are interacting with each other in peacetime. Dragonflight has done a great job at expanding dragon lore, but at the same time the culture we are seeing now is virtually unrecognizable to what we dealt with in vanilla.

Of course i like them adding new stuff, but they need to spend time developing things we've already visited.

IMO it is getting very hard to be grounded to the "WORLD" of warcraft when the two most important continents haven't been meaningfully updated in 13 years
    My issue with the new characters is that when we finally get some nice new characters they are either killed off or forgotten, while they still shoved the usual 4 popular ones down our throats continuously. I'm glad DF takes a break from the usual ones and letting us enjoy some oldies like the dragons, and I hope the new ones actually stick around this time.

Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    After killing Raz and seeing the first raid, as well as capping all my renowns to max, tackling all the achievements, helping SFD solve Otto etc, I haven't felt the pull to fly around farming 'rares' and 'events' so I haven't been back.
    This is a fucking wild take to me. You did the raid, every single storyline in every zone, completed "all" the achievements, and "helped solve" a secret, and now you're suggesting that farming rares and events are why the game isn't pulling you back. Maybe it's because you fucking did it all already? You guys are like locusts that turn up at the farmer's door wondering why there aren't another 1500 fields for you to eat. No developer could ever create enough content to satisfy you.

I see DF more as a foundation of how the game is going to be going forward with its systems/progress and stuff, so it makes sense the first iteration wouldn't really impress people as a whole package, hopefully once they figure it out we should start seeing more stuff added.

ofc there was... you could do the things even when you didnt intend to farm anima...
    treasures, rares, world quests, reputations, all doable without any grind whatsoever... hell except for transmogs even covenant features didnt require some hard anima grind, first level of buildings costed 1k to build (table less and "specialty" a bit more), you could get that by wq like nothing... and it was even easier in later patches...

sorry but your inability to use game features properly doesnt mean they are bad, its just mean YOU are bad

as for buildings, you could get anima by using them properly, if you didnt want to then why farm anima? to unlock more of the things you dont want to do?!
    No. Not worth it, sorry. ~5x Anima buff would save this content. Plus removal of gifts, that were just grind-gating inside grind-gating. Plus some tweaks for ZM to make it worth doing - and SL wouldn't be so useless. Simple tweaks for ZM: 1) Remove flying clutter - nobody needs so called "challenging flying" 2) Make cypher gear rewards less random, so no wrist for 2 months wouldn't be possible 3) Or even better - buff Tier sets to make them BIS, so they would be useful not for transmog purposes only. And BAM - content becomes worth doing immediately for close to zero effort.
    you keep using that "word", I do not think it means what you think it means...
    It's not literal definition. It's more about similar feeling, players have, when they encounter such content. Overall it's FOFB - fear of falling behind. Not always behind other players, because not all players care about competition with other players. It's more about falling behind reasonable expectations. Falling behind other players is bad only because in many cases other players are required to complete content properly. It's very similar to FOMO, because player has fear of missing game in it's "current" state. Example? Not completing all Anima WQs every day would mean even longer grind. 200 days of grind is already terrible idea. But even more? 400? 600?
    1) Short-term FOMO - you have to push harder than usual for 1-2 weeks and then you're done forever.
    2) Long-term FOMO - you're obligated to do some task for weeks and months.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2023-05-19 at 03:06 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.