Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was something that was always argued against? Along the lines of "you don't need your hand holding," and insults from the "community" if anyone dared ask for one. I recall even you saying it was a waste to make one, literally calling it useless to make one for a game still being developed. Now its one of the "goodies."
    I'm sure its just your imagin... oh... it's another one of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    A alpha game in development doesn't because it's pointless to make a tutorial before all the pieces are in place. If you do it will become outdated in the next patch and be a waste of time.
    Due to the ever changing nature of alpha it would be a waste of time and resources to make an in-depth ingame tutorial because it would be obsolete by the time it was ready.
    It's useless to do a tutorial for a game in development since things can change considerably from patch to patch. From keybinds to game mechanics every patch changes something along the way.
    Star Citizen Alpha 3.19 patch went live with much goodies like new player tutorial
    Ahahahaha!

well damn, andersonbot, is new player tutorial a goodie or a waste of time/pointless/useless?

this thread delivers, as always, thanks to banmebaby
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    well damn, andersonbot, is new player tutorial a goodie or a waste of time/pointless/useless?

this thread delivers, as always, thanks to banmebaby
    don't your remember that this is Schrödinger Citizen, both released and not, both already complete and not, and it's fan always right even if they contradict themselves

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was something that was always argued against? Along the lines of "you don't need your hand holding," and insults from the "community" if anyone dared ask for one. I recall even you saying it was a waste to make one, literally calling it useless to make one for a game still being developed. Now its one of the "goodies."
    It's not about arguing against hand holding and never was, it's about priorities. Like my minion re-quoted posts from years ago and rightly so I stated that "Due to the ever changing nature of alpha it would be a waste of time and resources to make an in-depth ingame tutorial because it would be obsolete by the time it was ready."

As you can see for yourself this new player tutorial is indeed very simple and only goes into the very basics.

As features and mechanics get locked it will likely evolve into more depth. Always changing, always evolving, Such is the nature of game development.

Quote Originally Posted by BasilTheRat View Post
    Still a scam
    Simply the best kind of Scam! Griefing Haters and Doom-sayers with Forever Development and getting Twitch stats!

Ahhh, almost forgot! We got Tie Fighters now

Join the Dark Side you must!

Like my minion re-quoted posts from years ago and rightly so I stated that "Due to the ever changing nature of alpha it would be a waste of time and resources to make an in-depth ingame tutorial because it would be obsolete by the time it was ready."
    Dude, you know me, anything for my favorite company shill.

Plus, all it takes is two words into the search function, it's no biggie really, “years” (2022 btw) are not a problem.

... and don't worry too much about it, we get it, we really do, its like part of the job, it was “useless” but now is totally a “goodie”, sort of like the:

“Comparing ED with Star Citizen makes no sense“ yet “still miles better than anything Elite” and its “potato-quality” assets.

Or the...

“you should not put money on games in-development but on released games” yet “the game is released since 2014”

Or the...

“Your reaction seems one of a depressed poor lowlifes who cant find strength to get a nice paying job“, “your dumb and a troll with nothing else but a grudge“, “keep your goon bullshit in the ed/sa shitholes”, “another entitled brat” yet “Glad we've kept that little subset of toxic gamers out of the game”

Times change and we change with it, what matters is moving forward! Sort of like Star Citizen...
    Just don't get upset with me, after all it's “not my fault you don't remember your own posting”
    Ahahahaha!

Is there suposed to be an issue with those quotes? Everything stated was true and relevant at the time and within the context it was posted.

Contrary to haters grudge that seems stuck in the "90 Days Top" campaign, game development like real life actually keeps evolving and adapting along the way.

Is there suposed to be an issue with those quotes? Everything stated was true and relevant at the time and within the context it was posted.

Contrary to haters grudge that seems stuck in the "90 Days Top" campaign, game development like real life actually keeps evolving and adapting along the way.
    Calm down dude, no need to be so hard on yourself, just because you've been shitting on every other space sim on the market for over a decade now as a poor attempt to make this mess of a development look any better, there is absolutely no need to go around slapping such harsh titles, it's just like your opinion man, its fine.

Plus, it just needs a little bit more polish, 1-2 years max...
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2023-05-21 at 02:59 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

Could someone tell me a gameplay loop I could do in SC that functions properly, and has no risk of breaking and wasting my time?

We could lower the bar, and make the question about any activity at all. Using an elevator, or calling my ship, or eating a burrito. Or walking down stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    We could lower the bar, and make the question about any activity at all.
    Buying concept ships in the cash shop seems to work fine most of the time.
    Ahahahaha!

Yeah look at me shitposting all over the thread of a space game I don't even play

It shouldn't be so hard to cope with seeing a game you don't like being developed and other players enjoying it because it's a lost battle.

If other space games you prefer loses players to Star Citizen and couldn't manage to gain traction in their development it's not Star Citizen fault is it?

It's just the natural consequence of low investment , bad design choices or simple saturation of the playerbase.

In the end gamers will play what they enjoy and gravitate towards playing games that provide the kind of gameplay and interactions they enjoy. It's why some game's engagement numbers decay while others thrive.

- - - Updated - - -

Could someone tell me a gameplay loop I could do in SC that functions properly, and has no risk of breaking and wasting my time?

We could lower the bar, and make the question about any activity at all. Using an elevator, or calling my ship, or eating a burrito. Or walking down stairs.
    Just do the tutorial, shouldn't be to hard for a WoW player
    If your computer can handle it that is.

If that doesn't work maybe try the Arena Commander PVE and shot some pirates or try some racing and see how long you can manage without hitting a building.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2023-05-21 at 04:11 PM.

Yeah look at me shitposting all over the thread of a space game I don't even play
    This you dude?

None. There is always the risk that the server crashes while you are hauling cargo or in the middle of a fight with AI or mining a rock that is about to overheat and explode, or your ship spontaneously exploding while landed, or you dying the moment you walk on or off your ship. Even if you do something "safe" like the FedEx missions where you pickup and deliver packages, server crashes and spontaneous deaths can always render the 20 minutes spent travelling worthless.

Jesus, usually you go a few posts or months between flat out saying the opposite of what you said in that prior post but this time you did it in the same fucking post. Bravo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Buying concept ships in the cash shop seems to work fine most of the time.
    The one thing that does seem to work, a robust cash shop. Though I have bad news for you. Some of those ships are still jpegs.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This you dude?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Jesus, usually you go a few posts or months between flat out saying the opposite of what you said in that prior post but this time you did it in the same fucking post. Bravo.
    I play both WoW and Star Citizen so I don't see how your caps would fit.

Thanks anyway
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2023-05-21 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This you dude?
    no, no, definitely not this dude

Elite is so barebones that people need a second monitor running netflix or they fall asleep playing it.
    They've produced much more than "4 planets", all at a much higher quality than anything you'll ever find in Elite
    Oceans are OK'ish for a procedurally generated full planet, still miles better than anything Elite or any other space game has delivered, which was the point.
    I don't think the quality of the screenshot as anything to do with the potato-quality of ED planets
    As if you think Star Citizen looks bad... I wonder what do you think of Elite or NMS graphics...
    Only guillable goons and ed fanboys eat up that shit.
    Those +150 results under his name just for the word "elite" alone is just people coping that Star Citizen is doing great or something like that ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    Even the "3.19 is actually fantastic" is just a sarcastic description of how broken this update is:

^^; We are at what now? 11 years and $600m? One incomplete solar system out of a hundred, 100 players servers that seem to be struggling to stay up especially since 3.18? Oh yeah, absolutely thriving, financially at least, Chris Roberts family that is ;D

It's crazy that after all this time he still thinks that people like me are “angry” or “hate” Star Citizen, the damn thing provided me hours of entertainment already without having to pay shit, its fucking amazing, if anything, what I feel towards it is jealously, I wish I had pulled off something like this for myself, mansions and yachts fueled by hopes, dreams and idiocy, what a fucking genius.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    It's crazy that after all this time he still thinks that people like me are “angry” or “hate” Star Citizen, the damn thing provided me hours of entertainment already without having to pay shit, its fucking amazing, if anything, what I feel towards it is jealously, I wish I had pulled off something like this for myself, mansions and yachts fueled by hopes, dreams and idiocy, what a fucking genius.
    This game is truly the gift that keeps on giving. Year after year of failed promises, lies to their backers and 'donations from a fully functioning cash shop', fanatical zealots defending all wrongs of the game yet at the same time making the game look somehow worse because how crazy they are in forgetting what they say, numerous personal attacks and shitposting and so on.

The thing that amazes me more than anything else how this game has managed to extract so much money from people, it really is a true marvel of gaming for that reason alone. Not only did CR enrich himself further from this his family is all up in there getting cash too. Over 12 years, 600 million dollars and still in an "EARLY ACCESS BETA" that melts down often, is buggy as all hell, only has one true working feature that does not seem to bug which is the cash shop and to top it off for a MMO that requires tons of players to fully man these ships the game cannot have over 100 people playing on the same server.

I love to watch this game continue to be a steaming pile of shit and get great enjoyment from watching fanatical defenders twist themselves in knots trying to do everything they can from deflecting attention, attacking other posters, to flat out lying to the point where prior things they said can be posted as a glorious wallpaper of idiocy.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2023-05-21 at 05:04 PM.

If that doesn't work maybe try the Arena Commander PVE and shot some pirates or try some racing and see how long you can manage without hitting a building.
    This is such a weird angle to attack me from. Why would you think I'm incapable of complex tasks because I play WoW sometimes? Why would you question the power of my computer?

Can I reliably fly a ship, race, or shoot bad guys without worrying about a bug breaking the game or killing me? Is this your take?

This is such a weird angle to attack me from. Why would you think I'm incapable of complex tasks because I play WoW sometimes?
    Even more amusing is:
    I play both WoW and Star Citizen
    So like attacking you while insulting himself at the same time...?

Considering that a lot of the haters throwing shade at Star Citizen were Elite fanboys it's not a surprise.

In contrast NMS players are way more chill and much less territorial perhaps because of the more casual nature of the game it's playerbase doesn't overlapse as much. They aren't perpetually afraid that Star Citizen would steal their limelight or something like that.

Like all new patches and Invictus events the hordes of old and new players hammering the servers has it's toll on performance. Just part of the process of having a open play of game while it's being developed.

Seems to be picking up according to twitch streamers and viewers numbers.