Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Diablo 4 Q&A are fake

Big yikes, many redflags, gonna wait few weeks before I purchase the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...qna_video_are/

Edit: It was the hosts that faked questions, not Blizzard, sorry for the mix up
    Last edited by VoidDrake; 2023-05-30 at 07:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Straight from the linked Reddit thread:

"To clarify because there's a bunch of misinformation about this

the interview and questions was by "future game show", part of gamesradar

when they asked their community for questions for the diablo team on twitter, they received zero responses

they claim in their video description "Some of the usernames in the video have been altered for anonymity, at the request of the user". Some people keep claiming they added this after being "exposed", but they did not. I watched the video as it was uploaded, it was always there

However, it is likely that they forged most, if not all of the questions, as i said; they received no responses

What I do doubt is Blizzard's involvement with these questions as people immediately assume, but of course; people love jumping on the Blizzard hateboner bandwagon."
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm more annoyed by that fucking thumbnail to be completely frank, not watching that.

Also here's a newsflash, most Q/A / FAQs you'll find online have some or almost exclusively fabricated questions and answers in order to provide answers to questions people are likely to have down the road. Nothing sensational here, yet again.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2023-05-30 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Straight from the linked Reddit thread:

"To clarify because there's a bunch of misinformation about this

the interview and questions was by "future game show", part of gamesradar

when they asked their community for questions for the diablo team on twitter, they received zero responses

they claim in their video description "Some of the usernames in the video have been altered for anonymity, at the request of the user". Some people keep claiming they added this after being "exposed", but they did not. I watched the video as it was uploaded, it was always there

However, it is likely that they forged most, if not all of the questions, as i said; they received no responses

What I do doubt is Blizzard's involvement with these questions as people immediately assume, but of course; people love jumping on the Blizzard hateboner bandwagon."
    Nah, pretty much you can check the handles and check the Original usernames who created the questions and those questions don't exists and some are unused accounts from 2011

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidDrake View Post
    Nah, pretty much you can check the handles and check the Original usernames who created the questions and those questions don't exists and some are unused accounts from 2011
    You read the rest?

"However, it is likely that they forged most, if not all of the questions, as i said; they received no responses"

Seems like a gross clickbait and attempt to stir shit up and milk last days of pre-release from the guy who will play the game on launch anyway.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-05-30 at 11:25 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a Blizzard issue.

They got finessed by the show runner.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not fake.

Stop munching tinfoil laden with lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Wow a scripted Q&A? Welcome to the beginning of the internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Kotaku article:

https://kotaku.com/diablo-iv-blizzar...ase-1850485762

Blizzard may be blameless here. But their is something definitely weird about this.

Depends who faked it, then again... those questions they answered are some of the most popular questions so if they received none I can see why they decided to answer the common ones instead. So it's not like they made up questions that no one would ask... just that where they asked to get some had no reach.

Not sure what the big flag is except some poor pre-planning of the Q&A.

By reading the Kotaku article it sounds more like FGS tried to disguise the fact they received no questions, which doesn't look good for them that they receive no questions and I imagine it can't feel great to have this opportunity and no one seemed to have shown interests in their upcoming interview.

More I read, less malicious it seems and more like someone trying to deny their lack of community engagement which I understand. Or they didn't want to show up to Blizzard with 0 questions so they took some common ones and slapped on some names.
    It's not right, but it certainly ain't a big red flag imo.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-05-30 at 11:46 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You read the rest?

"However, it is likely that they forged most, if not all of the questions, as i said; they received no responses"

Seems like a gross clickbait and attempt to stir shit up and milk last days of pre-release from the guy who will play the game on launch anyway.
    It's VoidDrake, look through their post history. 90% is stirring shit up, this is nothing new.

But people will rage because it's easy to hate on Blizzard without any brainpower required.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    Kotaku article:

https://kotaku.com/diablo-iv-blizzar...ase-1850485762

Blizzard may be blameless here. But their is something definitely weird about this.
    Did you read the whole topic? It's literally already been explained, they got 0 responses. Other names were changed, others were fabricated.

It happens, as someone who works in IT, I can confirm that most Q&A/FAQ stuff we do, always has fabricated questions in there. Why? Because they are questions that will always arise, and it's an easy way to answer them.

Is Blizzard blameless? Not at all.
    Is Blizzard literally the devil and horrible for doing this? Only if you are one of those "omg blizzurd evul!" people

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Seems like the media outlet giving the interview is actually the one who faked the questions, and this doesn't have anything to do with the Blizzard devs or the state of the game in any real sense. Terrible thing to do on the part of GamesRadar, but this is a one-sided failure it would seem.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Seems like the media outlet giving the interview is actually the one who faked the questions, and this doesn't have anything to do with the Blizzard devs or the state of the game in any real sense. Terrible thing to do on the part of GamesRadar, but this is a one-sided failure it would seem.
    In that case - I hope that Blizzard would sue them.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you not understanding the controversy here.

The questions asked (which were admittedly very predictable softball questions) came with Twitter feed sources.

But those sources appear to be very questionable. For example a question came from a long unused one (over 10 years old with no activity) or another that was too new to possibly have asked the question for this interview.

There is actually a myriad of questionable sources for this interview.

Blizzard may not of known about this, but it’s still weird.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    In that case - I hope that Blizzard would sue them.
    on what grounds?
    "FGS asked us questions which he told was from twitteruser23242, but that wasn't the case"?

If I told you my mom is asking you "on what grounds?", can you sue me because it is not my mom actually asking?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

1+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I get what you're saying, but...it's still real questions with real answers.

I mean come on, you think that if the community asked questions, they would have been entirely different or some hard questions would have gotten past the censorship? NO, it would have been the exact same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    For those of you not understanding the controversy here.

The questions asked (which were admittedly very predictable softball questions) came with Twitter feed sources.

But those sources appear to be very questionable. For example a question came from a long unused one (over 10 years old with no activity) or another that was too new to possibly have asked the question for this interview.

There is actually a myriad of questionable sources for this interview.

Blizzard may not of known about this, but it’s still weird.
    I love how you ignore my explanation, and the first reply in the topic just to say this. While this was all explained already.

welcome to reality, this is normal in any industry, not just gaming, no controversy, just a guy making click bait vids and trying to get views for something most people already understand

So is this a real interview, but the questions are from fake users or is the interview completely fabricated?

Also how is any of that, either way, Blizzard's fault? The Blizzard devs couldn't have known that the people asking those questions weren't real.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2023-05-30 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidDrake View Post
    Big yikes, many redflags, gonna wait few weeks before I purchase the game.
    My advice is to play it at launch if you plan on playing it because that is the time when this type of games are fun. My spider senses tell me this game will be shit after a few months or an year and most likely will have pay to win features to some extent because it is Blizzard and their promises mean nothing.