Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really fucking hate the M+ timer, but I feel like you should get multiple chances at a key before it downgrades with the option to downgrade it yourself if you feel your group can't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I really fucking hate the M+ timer, but I feel like you should get multiple chances at a key before it downgrades
    And exactly how many "chances" should you get? 1? 3? 10? You'd end up with a shit ton of folks saying different numbers and never really arriving at a "good" value.

option to downgrade it yourself if you feel your group can't do it.
    Let's be honest here, if PuGGing, you never really know if your group can finish a key on time. There have been multiple times where I've seen smooth runs up until the last (or 2nd to last boss) and the timer gets depleted. And I've seen the opposite where the group makes some stupid mistakes on the early trash pulls YET still make the timer because the rest of the run is smooth.

In reference to those DCs, is it Blizzard's responsibility for your personal internet connection? If there's an outage in your local area, what can Blizzard do about it?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    And exactly how many "chances" should you get? 1? 3? 10? You'd end up with a shit ton of folks saying different numbers and never really arriving at a "good" value.

Let's be honest here, if PuGGing, you never really know if your group can finish a key on time. There have been multiple times where I've seen smooth runs up until the last (or 2nd to last boss) and the timer gets depleted. And I've seen the opposite where the group makes some stupid mistakes on the early trash pulls YET still make the timer because the rest of the run is smooth.

In reference to those DCs, is it Blizzard's responsibility for your personal internet connection? If there's an outage in your local area, what can Blizzard do about it?
    The number should be decided by Blizzard since they likely have the internal metrics that would help them determine the ideal number. Just because you and I may disagree on the number of tries, doesn't mean the idea as a whole is a bad one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really fucking hate the M+ timer, but I feel like you should get multiple chances at a key before it downgrades with the option to downgrade it yourself if you feel your group can't do it.
    And give penalty for leavers. Ok some grp could be disbanded but all team should decide by voting. Its so many ways to improve this. But they do nothin in here ><

The number should be decided by Blizzard since they likely have the internal metrics that would help them determine the ideal number.
    they did, its 1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    And give penalty for leavers. Ok some grp could be disbanded but all team should decide by voting. Its so many ways to improve this. But they do nothin in here ><
    ah yeah, player being kept hostage for not wanting to boost some inept moron for free bcs he have 1-2 friends in a group...
    cant see how that wouldnt improve game for everybody! /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    they did, its 1

- - - Updated - - -

ah yeah, player being kept hostage for not wanting to boost some inept moron for free bcs he have 1-2 friends in a group...
    What the problem to check ur group before start. If you see low gear asshole dont engage with. Anyway if some create grp he prob want to finish it. Its his key.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    What the problem to check ur group before start. If you see low gear asshole dont engage with. Anyway if some create grp he prob want to finish it. Its his key.
    good gear (or score) doesnt mean good player, i encountered people with higher ilvl than mine doing half my dps or dying to trivial shite, usualy someone else left before me, but if thats not the case why should i stick around wasting my time on people like that?
    and btw, i have zero problem boosting people, if its clearly stated BEFORE the run, but if its just "sneaked" there, nope

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    If they do that, then you should only get loot in your vault if you time the 20, otherwise if it's out of time you get nothing, just like in raids.
    that would jsut make things we worse than they are right now rather than better.

i had a nl 20 on my hunter made my grp 1st boss was mess but it died then the tank and healer just started hurling abuse at each other then the tank left...... not to sure what to do about that.

but personally i dont think keys should get downgraded if its uncompleted but thats just me

- - - Updated - - -

they did, its 1

- - - Updated - - -

you know you can choose NOT to invite them to the grp if that 1 in the grp of 3 isnt qualified for the key

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    It's a MMORPG. That means you actually have to play with other people.

Don't PUG, get a guild and run smooth runs.
    i tried that they jsut dont seem atall interested in doing keys with me there is never moon for all 4 of the hunters in my guild to get guild keys done some some1 needs to pug and it always seems to be me

this is season jsut seems extremely pug unfriendly and pug unfun

10+ Year Old Account
    good gear (or score) doesnt mean good player, i encountered people with higher ilvl than mine doing half my dps or dying to trivial shite, usualy someone else left before me, but if thats not the case why should i stick around wasting my time on people like that?
    and btw, i have zero problem boosting people, if its clearly stated BEFORE the run, but if its just "sneaked" there, nope
    Still better to take a guy with some gear than without :P There is no other way to proove it tbh. Gear score or m+ score. Run with friends/guild or burn in hell doin PUGs. We could play with random grp finder via your m+ score and min. gear required each m+ bracket system match maker.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-06-01 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    When i was pushing keys earlier i rarely if ever used my own key since it does not matter in the slightest and has no benefit at all excluding picking the players. Also i leave after the 2nd wipe since by then as a tank i can tell if the group is cut out to handle it to my own specifications, i am not staying in a key that does not give me something in return as i place a decent value on my time, if they do not all the power to them but i am not like that at all.

This sounds like a lie.
    are you a tank or a healer? as this is neigh near impossible to do as a dps never mind a pure fps like a lock mage or hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    The number should be decided by Blizzard since they likely have the internal metrics that would help them determine the ideal number. Just because you and I may disagree on the number of tries, doesn't mean the idea as a whole is a bad one.
    But then you would just have players saying that X is to few tries (or too many tries).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i tried that they jsut dont seem atall interested in doing keys with me there is never moon for all 4 of the hunters in my guild to get guild keys done some some1 needs to pug and it always seems to be me

this is season jsut seems extremely pug unfriendly and pug unfun
    Find a different guild? Make new friends? Try one of the M+ communities on discord?
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

are you a tank or a healer? as this is neigh near impossible to do as a dps never mind a pure fps like a lock mage or hunter
    Yea i raid as whatever is pseudo meta with a tank spec season 1 it was a Brewmaster this season its a Warrior ( currently Arms due to the lack of a second quality weapon raid and protection for M+).

Find a different guild? Make new friends? Try one of the M+ communities on discord?
    highly dount i could find a new guild as for m+ community i wouldn't even know where to start as for making new friends where would 1 even begin for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    M+ is not a perfect system and there are many, many determining factors that lead to a failed key. No arguing that.

But that all being said, the player themselves are able to reduce a lot those factors if not completely removing them.

It’s sad that one portion of this thread blames the timer, the other portion blames other players, and nobody is willing to look at themselves and wonder if they should be performing better.

10+ Year Old Account
    highly dount i could find a new guild as for m+ community i wouldn't even know where to start as for making new friends where would 1 even begin for that?
    Let me see there's:

Mythic Plus Friends discord - https://discord.gg/mythicplusfriends
    M+ Community discord - https://discord.com/invite/m8TRn4w

As for communities, just use the in-game community search function.

Same for guilds unless you're on a dead server, then go look and see what servers are highly populated and in your time zone and start looking at guilds on those servers.
    ---

Let me see there's:

Mythic Plus Friends discord - https://discord.gg/mythicplusfriends
    M+ Community discord - https://discord.com/invite/m8TRn4w

As for communities, just use the in-game community search function.

Same for guilds unless you're on a dead server, then go look and see what servers are highly populated and in your time zone and start looking at guilds on those servers.
    The moment you need 3rd party to organize your in-game group, you know that system is flawed and needs rework.

Remove the timer
    Completion gives +1
    Place in mobs that buff the bosses if you kill them
    Each mob is an extra key level
    Kill one mobs plus boss get +2

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    The moment you need 3rd party to organize your in-game group, you know that system is flawed and needs rework.
    So WoW is flawed from the beginning as there were always third party tools ot sites to organize groups - be it forms, social media groups, or now discord servers.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Yea i raid as whatever is pseudo meta with a tank spec season 1 it was a Brewmaster this season its a Warrior ( currently Arms due to the lack of a second quality weapon raid and protection for M+).
    Brewmaster pseudo meta last season and prot war pseudo meta this season? Sorry trying to hold in my laugh here. Even if we're just talking top 2 for the pseudo part neither was even close to that. In fact you should roll back to the brewmaster this season asap if you want anywhere close to pseudo meta since prot war is fighting blood dk for who the worst tank is currently.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-06-02 at 07:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Remove the timer
    Completion gives +1
    Place in mobs that buff the bosses if you kill them
    Each mob is an extra key level
    Kill one mobs plus boss get +2
    Still timer sounds more reasonable to this >< No wipe whole run should be rewarder as +2. up to 5 deaths +1. Over 5 deaths no upgrade.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-06-02 at 08:49 AM.