Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's BLizzard in 2023

It would be more unlikely for them *not* to be gay

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well in one of the very first quests you get an interesting conversation with Majordomo Selistra.
    Gossip I'm confused. Are you a dragon or a vulpera?

<Majordomo Selistra smiles kindly.>
    Well, that is a curious question.
    Can a person only be a single thing? I have not found that to be true.
    In fact, I have found it far more likely for one to be many things simultaneously.
    You, I can tell, are far more than just a <race> or just a <class>.
    And I am more than just a dragon. Well, I am still a drake technically...
    <Majordomo Selistra chuckles.>
    But you see me now in my chosen visage: a vulpera. And I hope that, in time, you will see the rest of me as well.
    I am far more than "just an" anything.
    Which is obviously an allegory for trans, right?

Stuff like that is sprinkled all over the place in Dragonflight. Enough that it got the attention of a lot of people.
    The indoctrination has begun. You are going to see much more of these in the future and its going to get even worse. I already could tell it was coming when they started with Chromie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    The indoctrination has begun. You are going to see much more of these in the future and its going to get even worse. I already could tell it was coming when they started with Chromie.
    Oh noes, people are exposed to things that exist in the real world in a video game...

GTFO with your indoctrination garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually didn't notice it, u talk about starting quests for Evoker or new quests i don't know? My evoker is parked at lvl 63 i think, just went DF, did few shit and done
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah and 0 heterosexual ones in the Dragon Isles.
    You don't actually play the game do you? You clearly haven't done the new Blue Dragonflight quest line? There's a confirmed hetero couple, and implied hetero couple, and a mentioned hetero couple. All in the same questline! Wowie wow!

Now think of all the hetero couples in Dragonflight you have missed because you didn't read the quest dialogue or skipped cutscences.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    Yes because as we all know, if we ignore things in life they go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I wouldn't say that's really a trans allegory, no. Selistra is more pointing at the idea that no person or entity is ever a single isolated thing - the notion that all people contain multitudes, different demeanors, and even natures. That no one is necessarily an island. Selistra is intimating that she, and the PC themselves, are more than they appear and more than just the sum of their essential parts.
    Selistra is obviously supposed to be "trans" and the voice actor even sounds like a dude on HRT

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Oh noes, people are exposed to things that exist in the real world in a video game...

GTFO with your indoctrination garbage.
    It only exists in the real world because it's being pushed on us by the elite in academia, entertainment/media, social media, advertising, etc. It's a social contagion. None of this existed 20 years ago or even 10 years ago. You are the indoctrinated one.
    Last edited by gd8; 2023-06-04 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    It only exists in the real world because it's being pushed on us by the elite in academia, entertainment/media, social media, advertising, etc. It's a social contagion. None of this existed 20 years ago or even 10 years ago. You are the indoctrinated one.
    Lol, the ancient Greeks would like a word.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Literally almost the entirety of human history disagrees with you there bud.

Well in one of the very first quests you get an interesting conversation with Majordomo Selistra.

Stuff like that is sprinkled all over the place in Dragonflight. Enough that it got the attention of a lot of people.
    Selistra is a red dragon with neither a male nor female suffix and referred to exclusively with gender neutral pronouns. They are almost certainly Non-Binary. That is technically under the Trans umbrella of course, but to zero in on the specifics it's safe to say Selistra is intended to be an enby.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Idk, I feel like a better rebuttal would have been pointing out examples of romance in Dragonflight that aren't gay / lesbian in order to invalidate OP's point instead of just calling them thin-skinned; assuming they exist, that is
    Invalidating his point would require there to be a chance for their point to have validity. That didn't exist.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i actually didn't notice it, u talk about starting quests for Evoker or new quests i don't know? My evoker is parked at lvl 63 i think, just went DF, did few shit and done
    I'm pretty sure this was directed at me the OP. I was talking about the Evoker starting questline. It was right as you got to the building with the toxic gas in it where she ends up saving us after we pass out from the fumes. The part that made me think it even more is the dialogue they had when you are at the end of the starter questline and have to speak to both factions before heading to SW or Org. She told her "you could always come with me to Org" which got a reply back of her whelplings (or something along those lines) needed her there. I haven't even finished The Walking Shores so honestly I have no idea about any other interactions they have or most of the other couples referenced in this thread so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this was directed at me the OP. I was talking about the Evoker starting questline. It was right as you got to the building with the toxic gas in it where she ends up saving us after we pass out from the fumes. The part that made me think it even more is the dialogue they had when you are at the end of the starter questline and have to speak to both factions before heading to SW or Org. She told her "you could always come with me to Org" which got a reply back of her whelplings (or something along those lines) needed her there. I haven't even finished The Walking Shores so honestly I have no idea about any other interactions they have or most of the other couples referenced in this thread so far.
    so she just flirt with whoever playing? since i always play male toons i don't recall it, or just flirt specifically with female toons only?
    u got me really curious about something so minor
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Why would you broadcast just how ignorant you are?

You have absolutely no idea wtf you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    in original wotlk you have a lesbian "event" in the night elf camp in dragonBlight.

its all done via emotes but every XY minutes two of the female nelf NPCs will emote such stuff between each other.
    There's also Tholo and Anren from Mount Hyjal. They say they are each other's best friends but I got the feeling it was more than that (Anren says: "Tholo and I have been through so much together. I always know he's watching out for me.", while Tholo says: "Anren is my best friend. I don't know what I would do without him.").
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so she just flirt with whoever playing? since i always play male toons i don't recall it, or just flirt specifically with female toons only?
    u got me really curious about something so minor
    It was specifically between the two female NPCs I referenced in the first post.

I mean considering they force like 3 more gay couple questlines down your throat to level up to 70, it would not suprise me in the least.

1+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really take the Drac quest as overly/overtly homosexual. I don't actually know how to address a relationship between two gender neutral (let alone reptilian) characters. I also don't particularly care because fictional characters will not be offended based on the words I type on a irl forum so for this purpose I suppose homosexual works.

I will say, the problem I have with the 'gay relationship' quests is that there was one in every bloody zone and it's always a matchmaking / picnic / date quest. I don't mind the characters existing in lore. Honestly, I think it would be cool to have some genuinely interesting non-hetero characters like Lucifer & Mazikeen in Lucifer, Captain Randall in Outlander or Pree & Gared in Killjoys. This however was not that.

The thing is though, those relationship match-maker quests aren't particularly fun or cool. They're sort of just bolted on. It's cringe and ignorable when they're hetero but the prevalence of them, and the fact they were all homosexual, made it seem like pandering.

The issue we have is that Blizzard have struggled for a very long time in writing interesting stories and interesting characters. That means when they do introduce lgbt characters, they suck. When you have characters that suck and also appeal to a specific and loud minority, it looks like pandering more than story telling.

I would very much appreciate a cool and fun character that isn't just a super camp caricature. All of my LGB friends are average as hell, they have personalities that are far larger than who they love / sleep with. There's no reason that couldn't also be done in fiction.

i mean, if you are looking for it, you will find it...
    to me seems more philosophical, but i guess i dont see it bcs i dont WANT to get mad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I wouldn't say that's really a trans allegory, no. Selistra is more pointing at the idea that no person or entity is ever a single isolated thing - the notion that all people contain multitudes, different demeanors, and even natures. That no one is necessarily an island. Selistra is intimating that she, and the PC themselves, are more than they appear and more than just the sum of their essential parts.
    pretty much this

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    There's also Tholo and Anren from Mount Hyjal. They say they are each other's best friends but I got the feeling it was more than that (Anren says: "Tholo and I have been through so much together. I always know he's watching out for me.", while Tholo says: "Anren is my best friend. I don't know what I would do without him.").
    It could also just be too men showing platonic affection for one another, which needs to be normalized just as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    Lol, the ancient Greeks would like a word.
    Yes, I'm sure they'd like to stop being misrepresented to push an agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/