7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Again, go check Mac'aree. It's not as big a difference as you seem to think. And do remember to consider the lighting in place as well.

Are you really just gonna ignore the Eredath and Telogrus screenshots right below?
    Really?

I know what Eredath looks like.
    It doesn't take much to recognize that the magic used by Sarkareth looks quite a bit different to the magic in those places.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Sorry, slight nitpick, but they didn't they rename Mac'aree to Eredath recently?
    Well yes, but it's hard to change the habit when you never really go there after the change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Are you really just gonna ignore the Eredath and Telogrus screenshots right below?
    Really?
    Yes. Those aren't actually more purple. The magic used by Sarkareth also doesn't really look that much different. It's minor changes that are more art and style evolution and down to the difference in who is using it than a major change in aesthetic.

The Void parts of Aberrus also have far more purple to them than those concept arts.

the deep blue cosmic magic in the Sarkareth fight reminded me of Rygelon or the Night warrior

what kind of evergreen gameplay would you like to see introduced the next expansion?
    - could or not be competitive ?
    - could or not be doable solo ?
    - could or not have room for pvp ?
    - could or not be limited to next expansion continent ?

For me it would be a sea of thieves type of gameplay where you're always finding more things to go after, and discovering procedurally created stories to deal with, on your way to completing your first obkective.
    It should be :
    - not competitive
    - doable solo, up to 40players
    - war mode compatible
    - limited to kalimdor and eastern kingdoms at first then opened to more

Though it's always tricky to find the right rewards for such activities. I'm thinking that whatever currency will replace flightstone should be awarded there but also BfA doubloons and island expedition rewards with a deeper cosmetic pool.
    Last edited by Skildar; 2023-06-04 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    what kind of evergreen gameplay would you like to see introduced the next expansion?

For me it would be a sea of thieves type of gameplay where you're always finding more things to go after, and discovering procedurally created stories to deal with, on your way to completing your first obkective.
    It should be :
    - not competitive
    - war mode compatible

Though it's always tricky to find the right rewards for such activities. I'm thinking that whatever currency will replace flightstone should be awarded there but also BfA doubloons and island expedition rewards with a deeper cosmetic pool.
    Timewalking would be the obvious one.

Aside from that, I’d like to see dynamic world events similar in vein to what we have in the Dragon Isles already, combined with some elements of BfA’s Warfronts.

A page or two back I suggested some possible zone changes for a potential world revamp. One zone change I theorised would be Feralas, with the Woodpaw Gnolls having a larger presence after learning to harness Decay magic from the Brackenhide Gnolls with Wratheye uniting the Gnoll clans. One idea of a dynamic world event for this zone would be periodic assaults from the Gnoll’s, attacking the newly reclaimed Dire Maul by the Night Elves. We have to reinforce certain outposts in Feralas, gather resources and push the Gnolls forces back to their stronghold. Make the events pretty difficult that require cooperation, but each activity would reward you with some sort of reward or currency so “failing” wouldn’t seem like a waste of time.

For instance, securing an outpost or gathering resources would be relatively simple and could in essence be done solo. You get a small amount of currency for your efforts. However, if you wanted to push back the entire assault you’d need a group effort and in turn, would get a lot more currency, some profession related resources and possibly a decent gear piece.

Have it occur several times per day but minimise rewards upon further completion within whatever the lockout is. But if you really wanted to, you could no life it for the rep/currency/rewards, just at a marginal loss in gains.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-06-04 at 10:17 PM.

Rygelon was wielding Anti Matter, space magics, as well as Domination, and the Night Warrior wields celestial, umbrel magics (namely due to Elune's status in the Pantheon of Life), so yeah, I would expect some similarities there.
    or maybe its all just space magics

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    We know Hakkar isn't fully gone (somehow) so maybe do more Hakkari shenagigans and summon him successfully in Atal'Hakkar. (mostly saying this so Zul'gurub can be used for something else for once, maybe as a proper questhub.).
    Zul'gurub COULD be remade into a full-on city for Jungle Trolls. Also we still haven't seen First Home yet.

- - - Updated - - -

However, the best thing Blizzard can do is release a random troll instance.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Sure, but they're different types of space magic.
    Unless it's all arcane

We will probably learn all about this in the new cosmic old god expansion I'm predicting to be next.
    Last edited by Xi Jinping; 2023-06-05 at 01:01 AM.

I hope the Dragonriding Cup doesn't get implemented before Blizzcon. That would keep my faith in a World Revamp lit until the last minute.

I want to see homeland racial development so SOOO BADLY!

It's time for these guys and their lands to have the spotlight again!

We had enough foreign land exploration! No more aliens, cosmic planes, or islands!

Let's F go!

I'll admit I forgot that we got the Breakers and Arrakoa with the Mag'har too. Kalimdor could be drastically different the next time we see it for sure. I think the model updates and those asset updates we haven't seen in game yet are prep for a revamp. We also had the teaser about changes coming to Durotar and the reclamation of Gilneas to come.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    I'll admit I forgot that we got the Breakers and Arrakoa with the Mag'har too. Kalimdor could be drastically different the next time we see it for sure. I think the model updates and those asset updates we haven't seen in game yet are prep for a revamp. We also had the teaser about changes coming to Durotar and the reclamation of Gilneas to come.
    The much more dangerous inclusion was the Botani. They also feasibly escaped from the Everbloom portal.

A revamp just sounds so disappointing. I hope they at least double the zone scale or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post

It should be :
    - not competitive
    - war mode compatible

Timewalking expanded by many new timewalking raids, some timewalking world quests and a lot of new rewards in timewalking vendors, not everything has to be in the trading post.

I think something like timewalking bosses appearing in some older zones(weekly) would be interesting too as more challenging content, like let's say you go through a portal and fight mannoroth 1v1 and get a unique reward/currency for killing him.

In 10.1.5 there will be time rifts, i hope it will be fun and could be used for activities i mentioned above.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-06-05 at 05:28 AM.

A big part of an expansion to me is how well the Zones are done. Zones, their aesthetics, themes, quests, design; all of that matters to me very much when it comes to an expansion.

Now, am I the only one, or did all four leveling zones in Shadowlands feel very incomplete, devoid in some areas and just empty?

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Timewalking expanded by many new timewalking raids, some timewalking world quests and a lot of new rewards in timewalking vendors, not everything has to be in the trading post.

I think something like timewalking bosses appearing in some older zones(weekly) would be interesting too as more challenging content, like let's say you go through a portal and fight mannoroth 1v1 and get a unique reward/currency for killing him.

In 10.1.5 there will be time rifts, i hope it will be fun and could be used for activities i mentioned above.
    Timewalking seasons replacing current Timewalking weekly events.
    A simple solution to postr raid droughts would be to have Timewalking seasons change during the x.x.5 patches. It shouldn't impact raid progression much, besides giving an easier way to farm catch up gear for lower level characters.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    A big part of an expansion to me is how well the Zones are done. Zones, their aesthetics, themes, quests, design; all of that matters to me very much when it comes to an expansion.

Now, am I the only one, or did all four leveling zones in Shadowlands feel very incomplete, devoid in some areas and just empty?
    The only zone I remember really loving was Revendreth. Maldraxus felt okay, but Bastion and Ardenweald I can barely remember specifics about the zones or quest lines at all. Which is a shame.

I recently started a new character with a friend who's a new player and I was surprised how much I'd missed Zandalar when playing through it.

Looking to future expansions I'd love them to set up a new location as well as they did Pandaria. As others have mentioned, if they ever do something with an Arabian feel on the scale of Pandaria I think it would work really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post

Can we just get a dedicated Shadowlands bashing thread going?

Imo, The "Arabian feel" seems to have transferred to Ethereals.

Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense as an expansion, but if we could time travel to pre-destruction K'aaresh to witness the end of the planet that'd be cool.

I'm not a huge fan of blizzards handling of WoD, but being lost in time on pre-destruction K'aaresh where nobody knows the player character whatsoever and trying to find a way back to our own time line before it's demise could be interesting.

Do a Marco polo esque story where you're taken in as a stranger / spared from death by Nexus-King Shalhadaar so you can be his eyes in a Kingdom of strangers on a completely new planet.

My ideas for Ethereals (K'areshi) would involve the Draenei, the only other race whose technology is close to parity.
    Which in turn means a new expansion going in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Considering Banana’s are originally from Asia and the term Banana is actually Arabic.
    you do realise azeroth is not real world?
    pandaria and brewmasters specialy have som focus on beer, which originates from mesopotamia, not china...
    and we know bananas are from telabim, not that they ORIGINATE there, so saying it should be arabic themed is absolutely massive leap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Bananas are grown in hot climate all over the world.
    which means island of Telabim on which banans are grown can be LITERALY anything...
    could be very well african, south/central american or whatever else devs will pick...