View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    Why couldn't they have made a proper updated campaign?
    The story and lore is what interested me.
    I'm so disappointed with these irrelevant multiplayer tunings.
    If I was Blizzard, I would have made a totally new second expansion. Adding everything you would expect.
    that would prob be more work, story and lore is not easy to do, and its not like the people who did the game before are on blizzard anymore, and the ones who do, have the same freedom to work.

A second expansion would be weird with the timeline, and i don't think they would do a "what if?" with warcraft in that level

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that would prob be more work, story and lore is not easy to do, and its not like the people who did the game before are on blizzard anymore, and the ones who do, have the same freedom to work.

A second expansion would be weird with the timeline, and i don't think they would do a "what if?" with warcraft in that level
    Don't think they have to go what if.

There's a huge gap in time between WC3 and WoW. Even telling the inbetween stories would be fine.

Night Elves:
    - Creation of Teldrassil and the new World Tree
    - Malfurion's entrapment in the Nightmare, Fandral's betrayal
    - Corruption of the 4 Green Dragons from Vanilla
    - Scythe of Elune and Worgen origins

Orcs
    - Rend Blackhand and the Blackrock Orcs returning to Blackrock Mountain
    - Nefarion taking the Dark Horde under his wing
    - Thrall's Horde and the growth of Orgrimmar
    - Garona's story from the comics; Cho'Gall and Twilight's Hammer return

Humans
    - Explore the origins of Scarlet Crusade and Argent Dawn
    - Civil conflict between the remaining Knights of the Silver Hand splintering to SC and AD
    - Skirmishes with the Forsaken, manipulations by the Dread Lords
    - Follow the rebuilding of Stormwind, follow Varian's story prior to his capture

Undead
    - Follow Sylvanas building an empire of new Forsaken, establishing Undercity (like Founding of Orgrimmar)
    - Follow Kel'thuzad in Northrend building forces for Naxxramas and a new invasion of Eastern Kingdoms
    - Creation of Thaddius, birthing of Maexna, evolution of Loatheb, rise of the 4 Horsemen.
    - Arthas establishing his new empire in Northrend; creating Lana'thel, corrupting the Vrykul, warring with Drakkari etc.

Plenty of stuff that can tie in WC3 into Classic WoW. Or even go ham with a reimagination of Novels and Comics in a campaign style, like Varian's story from the comics leading to Onyxia's death, or the War of the Ancients with Krasus, Rhonin and Brox.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-06-04 at 08:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Don't think they have to go what if.

There's a huge gap in time between WC3 and WoW. Even telling the inbetween stories would be fine.
    huge gap? if i recall wow start right after the frozen throne, there was not a big gap of events.

And even so, like i said before, i don't trust nu-blizzard in doing that, its too much responsibility for consistency to fit in the canon, retcons would be all over the place

Like, they did said they want to retcon shit for the wc3, i can only imagine how bad the game would become

And even so, like i said before, i don't trust nu-blizzard in doing that, its too much responsibility for consistency to fit in the canon, retcons would be all over the place

Like, they did said they want to retcon shit for the wc3, i can only imagine how bad the game would become
    Even if it was easy, sensible and very practical, " I don't trust nu blizz' kills any constructive discussion.

Well if you wanna bitch for the sake of bitching don't let me get in the way. Carry on
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-06-05 at 01:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even if it was easy, sensible and very practical, " I don't trust nu blizz' kills any constructive discussion.

Well if you wanna bitch for the sake of bitching don't let me get in the way. Carry on
    I don't think it rly does though? saying i don't trust then doing something decent still is a very valid argument to make, in pro of not making new expansion for warcraft 3; I rather than to do nothing, than do something awful.

And we already ahve alternatives, with a rework/rebirth of warcraft 1 and 2, in a new engine, WITHOUT changing/retconing lore, and being more on rails, as they just need to expand what is already there without to ruin established stuff.

I don't think it rly does though? saying i don't trust then doing something decent still is a very valid argument to make, in pro of not making new expansion for warcraft 3; I rather than to do nothing, than do something awful.
    I didn't say your untrustingness is invalid.

I am saying you not trusting them undermines everything you say before, because at the end of the day you wouldn't trust ANY improvement for the game if it's being handled by them. (Btw, Reforged is now currently being handled by a completely different team and company. The original Reforged team does not exist any more)

Like I said, whether difficult or easy to tackle lore, what changes if you don't trust the people working on lore changes? If you don't trust the cook is able to make a good steak, it's not gonna matter talking about the challenges in getting it done right or done well. Your mind is already made up that you don't trust they can make a good steak, and that comes regardless of what challenges are in the way.

Like, all I wanted to say was how there is potential material to make a 2nd WC3 campaign. I don't know enough about this new company to trust them to do it either, but that's a different discussion. And if that's the discussion you want to have then yeah, nothing they do will change anything so we might as well not discuss anything constructive at all.

And we already ahve alternatives, with a rework/rebirth of warcraft 1 and 2, in a new engine, WITHOUT changing/retconing lore, and being more on rails, as they just need to expand what is already there without to ruin established stuff.
    Yes, i am well aware considering I am on the Chronicles of the Second War Team
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-06-06 at 09:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say your untrustingness is invalid.

I am saying you not trusting them undermines everything you say before, because at the end of the day you wouldn't trust ANY improvement for the game if it's being handled by them. (Btw, Reforged is now currently being handled by a completely different team and company. The original Reforged team does not exist any more)
    Game improvement have nothing to do with creating an entire new expansion, you are comparing apples to potatoes

There is a huge difference in game mechanics, gameplay, graphics and such to lore and narrative.

I believe they can fix the mess reforged was, in the mechanic department, because that is not impossible with their tech/money, but i can't believe they would make a good expansion to play with
    Like I said, whether difficult or easy to tackle lore, what changes if you don't trust the people working on lore changes? If you don't trust the cook is able to make a good steak, it's not gonna matter talking about the challenges in getting it done right or done well. Your mind is already made up that you don't trust they can make a good steak, and that comes regardless of what challenges are in the way.
    If i don't trust the cook, i don't want him to cook, at all, doesn't matter how he can do it, or much he struggles to do it, it will be burning crisp, so rather then focusing on other stuff, like i said,a remake of wc2

If they pull out well, i could give a vote of trust.

If i don't trust the cook, i don't want him to cook, at all, doesn't matter how he can do it, or much he struggles to do it, it will be burning crisp, so rather then focusing on other stuff, like i said,a remake of wc2

If they pull out well, i could give a vote of trust.
    Which is exactly what I was talking about here

There is no constructive discussion to be had until after you see results, meaning we (mostly you) have literally nothing to talk about.

Like why even be here until they actually fixed stuff?

7+ Year Old Account
    Which is exactly what I was talking about here

There is no constructive discussion to be had until after you see results, meaning we (mostly you) have literally nothing to talk about.

Like why even be here until they actually fixed stuff?
    Better question, why are you still quoting me if there is nothing to talk about? i made my point, and you are trying to say is invalid because that is how you think, and you think different

Better question, why are you still quoting me if there is nothing to talk about? i made my point, and you are trying to say is invalid because that is how you think, and you think different
    Why not?

If you waste my time, surely I can waste yours as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why not?

If you waste my time, surely I can waste yours as well.
    You are the one who quote me first, answering another guy, you wasted your time yourself

You are the one who quote me first, answering another guy, you wasted your time yourself
    I replied to your original message to engage in discussion. Clearly you weren't interested in having one.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-06-07 at 05:38 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    game is now 50% sale
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Yeah, but probably most of that team is in different company now, sadly.
    Full stop. Samwise did the art for the original WC3, and for HOTS. He's still around

- - - Updated - - -

I replied to your original message to engage in discussion. Clearly you weren't interested in having one.
    It's Syegfried. What did you expect?

3+ Year Old Account
    It's here !

The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    It's here !

You gonna make me reinstall the blizzard launcher just so I can play this? cos I will :P

Very excited though. Cannot wait to play. you guys worked so hard on this, been great seeing your progress
    Last edited by Orby; 2024-01-05 at 10:32 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    You gonna make me reinstall the blizzard launcher just so I can play this? cos I will :P

Very excited though. Cannot wait to play. you guys worked so hard on this, been great seeing your progress
    not mine, the CSW Team is Tamplier, Shadi, Bagysta, Barorque, and @Triceron

That trailer gave me so many Warcraft vibes that WoW has been missing for some time. I'd love to play it but I don't think its playable with classic graphics and I don't want to buy Reforged until its finally fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    not mine, the CSW Team is Tamplier, Shadi, Bagysta, Barorque, and @Triceron
    Well they are awesome too
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    That trailer gave me so many Warcraft vibes that WoW has been missing for some time. I'd love to play it but I don't think its playable with classic graphics and I don't want to buy Reforged until its finally fixed.
    it's getting slightly better at least, you should've gotten it when it was on 50% sale