Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So I am gonna dual wield the spoons and find out the hubbub about this "OP" spoon-build.

10+ Year Old Account
    heck yeah, found a 2LP version of Ursurper's Mandate, which includes +2 to all minion skills. Now I need to find a good exalt and I can stop worrying about weapons.

Apparently there is a glitch with CoF where you can shift+click to transfer a lens into the 3rd slot of a telescope even if its not unlocked, but by doing so you cannot remove said lens until you hit the proper rank 9, which is a hell of a grind. So whoever do it should be certain they want this lens there for a long time. I could see putting one of the greater that remove for example dungeon as condition, they are cool but not as quick as lets say "kill a boss/monolith" combo.

Bleed builds seems really strong and i love it, usually play dot/bleed if i dont run minion builds in arpgs.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    "everyone knows" is just slang for people on forums etc that follow meta builds. Casual gamers don't follow that and mostly follow the game guides so you should judge it on that not what the top 20% think that follow a guide online for example. More casual players is actually good for the game as much as the meta build chasers will claim otherwise. How's that doing for wow. So much growth there in the meta obsessed market
    So what, then? The answer is make the game insanely easy to the point it teaches you nothing and none of the mechanics (i.e. resistance or, you know, *dodging*) actually mean anything, because you think 80% of people play a new ARPG on release day but have absolutely no idea about mechanics that have existed in the genre for decades?

It used to be that if you didn't know how to play a game it kicked your teeth in for hours until you either learned or gave up. Now people bitch about the first sign of mild difficulty and cry to the developer for nerfs.

"everyone knows" is just slang for people on forums etc that follow meta builds. Casual gamers don't follow that and mostly follow the game guides so you should judge it on that not what the top 20% think that follow a guide online for example. More casual players is actually good for the game as much as the meta build chasers will claim otherwise. How's that doing for wow. So much growth there in the meta obsessed market
    D2 came out in 2000 and resistances were a big part of gearing. Dodging things having been around for a lot longer. Casual players 100% use guides and meta builds, wtf are you talking about.

- Non meta player

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    It used to be that if you didn't know how to play a game it kicked your teeth in for hours until you either learned or gave up. Now people bitch about the first sign of mild difficulty and cry to the developer for nerfs.
    Or ran out of quarters.

This is not a game any more difficult than other modern games in the genre.

It's just uneven in its monster hit and health placement. Often in the same area; like the dunes area has monsters that can 2-shot the player but die to almost any unspecialized hit in 1 shot. Right next to monsters that take 2 to 3 hits to die but barely move your hp bar too.

People just don't stop and let monsters gnaw on them or run up against every wall/barrier just to see what happens. They are playing for entertainment usually.

But if you play with a bearing toward game design, LE as a game reveals how uneven the damage tuning is throughout.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2024-02-28 at 01:51 PM.

Paladin with the new Healing Hands tree is fucking bonkers.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Paladin with the new Healing Hands tree is fucking bonkers.

That is all.
    This was my launch build. Can confirm bonkers was in effect.

Then I rolled Warlock with bone curse/fissure. Basically, cheating.

So what, then? The answer is make the game insanely easy to the point it teaches you nothing and none of the mechanics (i.e. resistance or, you know, *dodging*) actually mean anything, because you think 80% of people play a new ARPG on release day but have absolutely no idea about mechanics that have existed in the genre for decades?

Omg such hyperbole nonsense for simply pointing out the bell curve of difficulty could be done better when a level 40 to 50 campaign boss causes more issues than doing level 90s monos

Playing a Forge Guard makes me sad.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This was my launch build. Can confirm bonkers was in effect.

Then I rolled Warlock with bone curse/fissure. Basically, cheating.
    100% playing Warlock next cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been maining frost/lava claw runemaster. Your goal is basically to cause so many explosions on the screen that you lose a huge amount of FPS. So far I've been successful.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Playing a Forge Guard makes me sad.
    From what i have seen manifest armor is supposed to be a top build and one of the best single target boss killer builds in the game, will roll one too soon.

Perhaps it needs alot of gear though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2024-02-28 at 09:19 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    From what i have seen manifest armor is supposed to be a top build and one of the best single target boss killer builds in the game, will roll one too soon.

Perhaps it needs alot of gear though.
    I was playing that and the fucking thing just dies real quick. I've since switched to a Rebuke/Smelter's Wrath build that pretty much one shots every mob, but unfortunately, that is heavy in uniques and if you do get a unique, good luck hoping it's for your class at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I was playing that and the fucking thing just dies real quick. I've since switched to a Rebuke/Smelter's Wrath build that pretty much one shots every mob, but unfortunately, that is heavy in uniques and if you do get a unique, good luck hoping it's for your class at all.
    You could always go Merchant's Guild and buy the uniques you need.

On another note, Swarmblade Druid is a Demon. Who knew Scyther would be so good?

So I played a ton for the past week, reach endgame and did empowered monoliths, dungeons and some arena, and I'm at this point where to get an upgrade, I'd need to be extremely lucky on multi t7 rolls / high LP unique that fit my build, and I'd need to also be lucky on my craft roll. So yeah, pretty much done for the moment for this character. It was fun experiencing this game blind on the runemaster I made. I also made a VK but its just like level 45 or something, but yeah I think I'll put it aside for now and try another build in a future cycle.

Overall I had fun during this week, server issues aside on launch (it sucks but I don't mind, any game/company, as long as it get fixes which it did), I think this is a very good game. The best parts to me being the skill specialization tree, the crafting system and all the in game QoL stuff (tons of customizable stash, search bar everywhere, amazing loot filter system, etc.). These are great systems that should be use as inspiration in others games.

On the campaign, can't say I'd rate this one high on the list, but it did the job, and I understand that to most people the campaign experience isn't a priority in ARPG. Myself, I do all quests, read everything on all my first playthrough and its an important part. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best either, good enough. The gameplay was also good enough, caster like runemaster had very nice animation. I went back to play other games last weekend just to be sure I wasn't crazy, and yeah I can't say what it is, maybe the sound or the impact feel or the animation themselves, but while I enjoyed my time, I didn't enjoy the gameplay as much as I do in others in the genre.

I encountered some bugs, nothing game breaking. One time my teleport put me in a situation where I couldn't move anymore, and the only way I managed to move again was to recast teleport when it was out of CD. Other than that, sometimes I click in the menus (inventory/stash) and the character start to move, as if the click goes trough the UI. Also had some UI bug, like I mouseover a piece of equipment and half of the tooltip goes outside of my screen. Things like that, again nothing crazy that can't be fixed. I do think tho there is some kind of memory leak in certain type of maps, or maybe its time based, but the more I play sometimes I have to restart the game because FPS drop. I'd play at 144 all the time, and at some point it would start going down for no reason more and more. This almost rip my runemaster once when it was an arena map, and as soon as I entered the zone it dropped at 2-3 FPS power point level. I opened a teleport but it was when the server had problems so I couldnt teleport out no matter how many time I clicked it. I prayed and hold my lightning blast and somehow cleared the 15 waves, lucky I suppose it happened during the regular monolith.

So yeah, overall I think this is definitely a game to at least try if you enjoy ARPG, specially for its price the entry cost is relatively low. It has amazing features/foundation to build on, and even tho its not my favorite to play (the feel of it), its still a very good game. Will add to my rotation and play future cycles if time permit for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    You could always go Merchant's Guild and buy the uniques you need.

On another note, Swarmblade Druid is a Demon. Who knew Scyther would be so good?
    Or reroll into Acolyte and just blast the shit out of things no problem.

Omg such hyperbole nonsense for simply pointing out the bell curve of difficulty could be done better when a level 40 to 50 campaign boss causes more issues than doing level 90s monos
    It doesn't, though. Lagon is only hard if you ignore his mechanics and get hit by the frost breath or the waves and don't have any resistances. If you have no resistances and you get hit by the big spinning stone guys, a siege golem, a void centipede, etc etc in an empowered monolith, you'll die as well.

I simply don't believe that Lagon is a problem. I suspect we'll never agree about it, so I'll leave it there.

It doesn't, though. Lagon is only hard if you ignore his mechanics and get hit by the frost breath or the waves and don't have any resistances. If you have no resistances and you get hit by the big spinning stone guys, a siege golem, a void centipede, etc etc in an empowered monolith, you'll die as well.

I simply don't believe that Lagon is a problem. I suspect we'll never agree about it, so I'll leave it there.
    I never said lagon was hard so no we will never agree. You wanna make me out as a simple bro because I pointed out it's silly to have everything be faceroll then suddenly throw a one shot boss at players because while I'm busy clearing 100 empowered monos I'm capable of thinking what it's like for new players to action rpgs where it makes sense to slowly introduce things so when they do hit end game they can hit the ground running and didn't give up because they didn't follow a guide or get enough cold res before the game started throwing loot at them so much a loot filter is mandatory