Thread: Sylvanas Return

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    She was just featured prominently, give her a rest. Her character became one of the most hated in lore due to overexposure and a convoluted storyline. As the old saying, "how can we miss you if you don't go away?" Midnight seems to be a part of the "saga" people seem to see fitting for her to return. Anything in the foreseeable future seems too soon for Sylvanas, even the World Soul Saga.

A better question right now would be, when will we see Illidan and Sargeras again? Illidan due to his popularity, and his return story was actually done well, and Sargeras because he has beef with the Void and a stake in the outcome of that story.

If Midnight needs some Windrunner representation, there's enough with Alleria, and let Vereesa get some spotlight too. Sylvanas' story should/needs to be over after the Shadowlands car wreck. Undeath was her curse, it became her vehicle to terrible acts, and eventually her burden. It's fitting she stays in the Maw doing whatever the hell she's doing for all eternity. Let her become a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    the entirety of BFA and SL was horde-centric. The whole thing. you might not like where they went with it, but that doesn't negate it being horde-centric.
    No it wasn't. It was all about Tyrande and Anduin apart from the covenants. Also Horde forced to repeat MoP but worse is not Horde content. No one Likes the Horde council and the new shitty and powerless leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    No bringing hope to the nation she died for.
    Sylvie died in WC3 for her egotism. Defending Quel'thalas was a side effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Sylvanas died against impossible odds. No one could have foresson a high ranking magister telling Arthas to take the easy way. Or are you trying to argue anyone else could have stopped Arthas? Like Alleria without her void powers?

You want your whole leadership obliterated? I gladly lose thunderbluff and Orgrimmar to see that.
    “Whole”? You lost Garrosh , Rastaguy and Sylvanas (temporarily). Plus Zela, but she was literally “who?”.

So… Say you pick two big names, plus one of them is not permadead. Then you get a neutral leader (idk, some Arathi guy who decided to join Alliance this patch) and someone “who?”, or even better - Shaw and Genn. Ta da.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Also people often forget the fun part where huge amount of dark rangers is due to her sacrificing a metric ton of rangers in vain attempts to kill Arthas, even when it became clear he was wiping the floor with them and couldnt be assassinated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    SoO and WoD, you got to genocide countless of orcs and orc heroes from the past, such a delight

I mean, even in BfA, Malfurion alone killed by the hundreds in the war, or do you think because they are soldiers they don't count?

...what? are you saying you wanted the alliance to commit war crimes?

I mean, it could count as invading a neutral faction - The zandalari - just to kill their king, because they could or could not join the horde should definitely count like that, you know, akin to guilneas
    WoD? You mean when we got to fight a spin-off parallel timeline verison of Draenor horde AND the original Horde was fighting them too? Nah fam, i want my “Horde version of Teldrassil” level of massacre. I want that kind of deliciously murderous act!

And yes, Zandatroll land was a start, but it was certainly not nearly enough, especially with Anduin ruining the fun with his “let the troll grieve” and pausing the war effort agains them. We should have went full on “conquistadors in South America” on them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yes, you accusing Horde playerbase of being the whiny one and only projecting it on the Alliance only to instantly write three paragraphs on how Blizzard is out to get Night Elf fans with malicious intent was ironic and that was the point. Not much required in "deciphering" department here, it's rather straightforward.
    All the whine night elf posters generate wont reach half the shit Grazrug/Erevien alone produces, and that before we account for the rest of the Horde fans. So yeah, accusation stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yes, you accusing Horde playerbase of being the whiny one and only projecting it on the Alliance only to instantly write three paragraphs on how Blizzard is out to get Night Elf fans with malicious intent was ironic and that was the point. Not much required in "deciphering" department here, it's rather straightforward.
    All the whine night elf posters generate wont reach half the shit Grazrug/Erevien alone produces, and that before we account for the rest of the Horde fans. So yeah, accusation stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Without Deus Ex Alleria showing up they would be dead. But we know plot deveolpment and hero time are an alliance exclusive thing since Legion.
    And without Deus Ex Thrall tauren would be dead. And so on. You just disparaged like half the Horde races origin stories with your comment.

No one but Spain would praise the spanish for obliterating half the american continent back then. Thanks for showing your true colors yet again.

Also to get even alot of your leader shall die. To compensate for:

Sylvanas
    Rastakhan
    Garrosh
    Vol'jin
    Cairne
    Nazgrim
    Zaela
    Malkorok
    Gallywix
    Nathanos

that is 10 big names. At least. Not even counting the minor characters just race leaders.

Are you sure you would be able to keep playing if all your favs drop dead? I don't think so.

Arthas was steamrolling everyone and no army could stand in his way cause the plot demanded the bad guys to win.

And finally big lol only alliance fans are this salty about Quel'thalas that they headcanon stuff that was not the intent og Sylvanas trying to paint her as traitor when all she did was trying to slow down the scourge until the Magisters could harness the Sunwell for a direct hit. That is actual canon. Not whatever you fabricate in your mind to make the elves look like malicious traitors all the time just because the kingdom left the alliance.
    Last edited by Grazrug; 2024-03-18 at 12:49 PM.

Amirdrassil was also fitting for Malfurion and blizz didn't care. Same can go for sylvanas in midnight

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Most people start to hate her in Legion, because they murdered vol'jin, with a bullshit plot, after he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as a warchief, after all the bitching he did in mop, to make her the leader, because ~~reasons~~

she then lead us to the worst and most nonsensical expansion in terms of lore like BFA, and ended up with the awful shadowlands. unlike Garry, her war was nonsensical, and without base.

She was fine before legion.
    *shrugs* I am one of the apparently rare few that actually liked Shadowlands, so I had no problem with her leading me up to it. And honestly I never liked Voljin, so he was about as useless as I expected.

Vol'jin did nothing so I am confused why so many people still care about this

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    WoD? You mean when we got to fight a spin-off parallel timeline verison of Draenor horde AND the original Horde was fighting them too? Nah fam, i want my “Horde version of Teldrassil” level of massacre. I want that kind of deliciously murderous act!
    Like i said, the alliance just did that in zandalari and Malfurion killed more orcs in the war of thorns than night elves died in the burning. What you want is a horde city being destroyed like Teldrasil, not a "massacre". Which is fair to want that, i guess undercity was not enough? but not going to happen, unlike the alliance, if horde lose stuff like that they never get back, we are YEARS without a orc leader, we spend YEARS without the troll leader too, so blizzard don't want to do the work. Night elves already got another brand new tree.

And yes, Zandatroll land was a start, but it was certainly not nearly enough, especially with Anduin ruining the fun with his “let the troll grieve” and pausing the war effort agains them. We should have went full on “conquistadors in South America” on them!
    Too bad, you are minority here, Alliance in general don't like that, they made the devs change the war quests that they killed vulpera, so stuff like that is never going to happen either.

All the whine night elf posters generate wont reach half the shit Grazrug/Erevien alone produces
    Well, there is one entire "megathread" for night elves alone, there isn't one for him yet.

She will come back when the other characters that were put behind glass combat for a "huge" moment.

I don't think Blizz wants to use 2 edgy dark archer sexy elves so Alleria is basically being set up as a Sylvannas replacement without her BFA evil baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Comments like this remind us yet again that Horde players enjoyed the Night Elf getting genocided, enjoyed the villain-bat, and are only angry that they got busted and forced to surrender or just delete their character.

Horde players are not angry that they are the Villains; they are angry that they must lose like Villains do.

I certainly can't imagine an Alliance player making fun of genocide. There is a clear moral gap here.

Alliance players are morally better. If you picked Horde, your moral code is compromised at best, non-existent at worst. These comments just prove it once again.
    I'm an Alliance player because they are the good guys. I've had horde characters on and off to see other zones and storylines, and think the horde side is objectively villainous with the occasional heroic action.

Having said that, maybe you can allow people to play as villains if they want to and have that not reflect on their real life persona, their values and what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Uhm… no? Where was the massive genocide of a horde race and countless war crimes eagerly committed?

- - - Updated - - -

I am glad you appreciate.

Or was it some kind of irony or sarcasm? Sorry, i am not going to bother deciphering.
    enslavement of the orcs who betrayed guldan and helped the humans is one genocide (because 80% of them got killed)
    sunreaver massacre by jaina in mist
    the forsaken purge by alliance in vanilla bc wrath cata mist and so on
    arthas destroying silvermoon killing 80% of the population (as much alliance fault as sylvanas is hordes)
    the tauron massacre by dwarves in both mulgore and barrens (the reason they joined the horde) i know centaur was also a problem
    kul tiran invading and almost wiping out darkspear trolls completly even though they said they wasnt with the gurubashi empire
    the whole horde is literally made because of human murdering left and right so stop the alliance cryboy fangirl trip

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    I don't think Blizz wants to use 2 edgy dark archer sexy elves so Alleria is basically being set up as a Sylvannas replacement without her BFA evil baggage.
    They already have *3* of generic elven archer that mates with a human so, meh
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I mean giving protagonism to one of those. Hell they didn't even know how to give protaognism to 2 night elves on amirdrassil so they benched malfurion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Shandris
    Vereesa
    Alleria
    Halduron

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    I mean giving protagonism to one of those. Hell they didn't even know how to give protaognism to 2 night elves on amirdrassil so they benched malfurion.
    Benching Malfurion is always the solution for Blizzard
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Realichi View Post
    the whole horde is literally made because of human murdering left and right so stop the alliance cryboy fangirl trip
    Everything you claimed you had to add qualifiers because nothing you posted was an attempt at deliberate genocide by Alliance. If there had been such attempts you'd be missing a race or three by now...especially in light of the fact of an immense Alliance spaceship that could successfully do just that.

enslavement of the orcs who betrayed guldan and helped the humans is one genocide (because 80% of them got killed)
    They were put an internment camp which is far better than just killing them all.
    sunreaver massacre by jaina in mist
    Been debunked a few times. Also the sunreavers were traitors.
    the forsaken purge by alliance in vanilla bc wrath cata mist and so on
    Um what? The forsaken have been plagueing and experimenting on humans since wrath with the forsken attacking random humans for the crime of being alive since classic.
    arthas destroying silvermoon killing 80% of the population (as much alliance fault as sylvanas is hordes)
    By the time of the undead campaign Arthas had already rebelled against the alliance and killed the lord of the land. This is considerably different than Sylvanas working with the horde, being chosen as its leader legally, and actively using it to commit genocide (and even having a remarkably high number of loyalists up until she told them she didn't care about them).

the tauron massacre by dwarves in both mulgore and barrens (the reason they joined the horde) i know centaur was also a problem
    The centaur was the main thing and the dwarves weren't there till wow. Nice lie.

kul tiran invading and almost wiping out darkspear trolls completly even though they said they wasnt with the gurubashi empire
    Admittedly somewhat agree on this one. Kul Tiras' relationship with the alliance is awkward for sure.

Such horrible humans, murdering us when all we're trying to do is invade their world and summon space satan.